Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,190 members, 7,780,321 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:20 PM

Benjing 2008 Olympics; Updates, Games, Pictures - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Benjing 2008 Olympics; Updates, Games, Pictures (1180 Views)

Nigeria Withdraws Team From Youth Olympics Over Ebola Discrimination / Nigeria Vs Argentina: Olympics Basketball (79 - 93) On 4th August 2012 / Nigeria Vs USA: Olympics Basketball (73 - 156) On 2nd August 2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Benjing 2008 Olympics; Updates, Games, Pictures by smile4kenn(m): 4:45am On Jul 31, 2008
Olympics is just few weeks ago, Lets use this thread for updates, pictures, games,
Re: Benjing 2008 Olympics; Updates, Games, Pictures by smile4kenn(m): 4:45am On Jul 31, 2008
Goalkeeper Ambrose Vanzekin has assured Nigerians that the Dream Team IV are ready to take on the Netherlands in their opening game of this year's Olympic Games on August 7.
The Akwa United goaltender said from the South Korea camp of the team that such was the determination of the players in camp that they were ready to take on the teams in their group if called upon to do so now.

"I can tell you sincerely that if we are called upon now to take on Holland or any other team in our group, we are ready to do so with all determination and commitment and we won't disappoint," Vanzekin stated.

"I have so much belief and confidence in my team. We have trained very hard and we are still training. If the competition starts now, I think we are ready to take on any team in our group," the former Insurance goalkeeper disclosed.
"The boys are fit, there is no injury case in camp for now and I think we are set to take our first three points in the competition.”

Vanzekin also disclosed that the team currently look stronger than the 2005 World Youth Championship silver-winning Flying Eagles team, which almost conquered the world in Holland that year.

"This current team are more matured than the 2005 Flying Eagles’ squad. We have now garnered much and enough experience in our various leagues in Nigeria and overseas and we are battle ready to win the gold medal of this Olympics.

"Despite the initial hiccups we experienced on our way to South Korea, we are still very determined to win the gold medal for Nigeria," Vanzekin said.
He also revealed that the two friendly matches they played so far, which they won by 4–0 and 2–0 respectively, brought out the best in the team.

"The two matches brought out the best in us. It showed that we are fit and raring to go. In the two games, we played as a team, with everybody working for each other. Nobody was selfish or played to the gallery in those matches. There was unity and the required blending in the team was there also.
“I think we are set to take on any team now," he boasted.

(1) (Reply)

Predict: Golden Foot Award 2013 / UK Fans Divided Over Mikel Obi's Contributions To Chelsea / How to Deposit Funds To 1960bet Account follow the link

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.