Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,399 members, 7,808,431 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage (40819 Views)

Photos From Deji Of Akure's Son's Wedding... / Deji Of Akure's Swag Photos At His Son's Wedding / Deji Of Akure Dies At 63 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Consultville(m): 10:46am On Dec 17, 2013
The corpse of the late Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, the Afunbiowo (II) was today placed on the Monarch chair which was part of the tradition of the Akure Kingdom, a way of wishing the late traditional ruler farewell.

Residents of Akure, the Ondo State Capital trooped to the palace to see the corpse of their late king who died at the early hours of Sunday in his palace after a slight headache.

When DailyPost got to the paramount ruler’s palace, the place was filled with crowd.

The palace Chiefs were busy paying homage to the late Deji as if he was alive.

One of the Deji in Council who spoke with our correspondent said placing Deji on his seat was part of the tradition that must carried out in honour of the deceased Monarch.

The burial date for the late king is yet to be announced, but sources have revealed that he may be buried tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Consultville(m): 10:47am On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Sohot1(m): 11:00am On Dec 17, 2013

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 11:31am On Dec 17, 2013
Na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Eyop: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
ritual things grin grin
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 3:12pm On Dec 17, 2013
ewwww. Such culture must be abolished.

Dammit, i'm sleeping alone this night

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by ugopeter(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
Omg
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Burger01(m): 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2013
martha: Na wa o...
Na real wa o. Jesus wept.

Na somebody else go sit on that chair!?

sad

4 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Kaxmytex(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Hmmmm
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by jeamie(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
Consultville: The corpse of the late Deji of Akure, Oba Adebiyi Adesida, the Afunbiowo (II) was today placed on the Monarch chair which was part of the tradition of the Akure Kingdom, a way of wishing the late traditional ruler farewell.

Residents of Akure, the Ondo State Capital trooped to the palace to see the corpse of their late king who died at the early hours of Sunday in his palace after a slight headache.

When DailyPost got to the paramount ruler’s palace, the place was filled with crowd.

The palace Chiefs were busy paying homage to the late Deji as if he was alive.

One of the Deji in Council who spoke with our correspondent said placing Deji on his seat was part of the tradition that must carried out in honour of the deceased Monarch.

The burial date for the late king is yet to be announced, but sources have revealed that he may be buried tomorrow.
wat a culture..mitcheew
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Excelboi(m): 3:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
suffering a lifeless corpse... smh

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by imperiouxx(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
It's fine! I don't even have any plan of sleeping this night angry

6 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Truckpusher(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Na super glue him use hold that thing for hand so? grin
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by clockpause(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
No sense in dis...wat d heck!

2 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Policewoman(f): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Scary tradition. shocked
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by amuniiopz(m): 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2013
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by heykims(m): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
I wonder y people keep corpses in mortuaries stocked among other bodies, I pray my body neva grace dt cold room in decades to come.

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Elcid1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
choi!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by dridowu: 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2013
jeamie: wat a culture..mitcheew
y do u hv to qoute all dat , just for 4 words, u deserve slap guy
Rawdeal: ewwww. Such culture must be abolished.

Dammit, i'm sleeping alone this night
u are not sleeping alone tonight, u will sleep with me tonight , so dnt b scared. I care
imsalus: ARADARADA ...... IS THIS ISLAM OR CHRISTANITY? PLS ABOLISH SUCH THINGS.
i think ds is tradition way of doing lying in state............simply called "SITTING IN STATE"..................LOL

17 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by orlabass(m): 3:17pm On Dec 17, 2013
space booked......ogaoooo,and person go still sit ontop am again..
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by imsalus: 3:18pm On Dec 17, 2013
ARADARADA ...... IS THIS ISLAM OR CHRISTANITY? PLS ABOLISH SUCH THINGS.
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Blood of God shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Exponental(m): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2013
Is it dat they lack Mortuary, embalming skills or no light to power d mortuary?
I think I need to build one in akure!
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 17, 2013
shocked,blood of elijah!!
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Okijajuju1(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
Shey dem go bury am with the chair, abi na there wey the new Deji go siddon too?!
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
Are they serious? What in the world? shocked
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Afritop(m): 3:22pm On Dec 17, 2013
I wonder how the chiefs would react if hin suddenly open eye or laugh for chair

5 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by oluboyo04(m): 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
later yu go say may our culture no die, na dis kind babaric culture we go dey keep.

1 Like

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by seaman007: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
@rawdeal
I can com keep U̶̲̥̅̊ company tonight
Give ♍ƹ̴ Ūя̲̅ no
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by mrborntodoit: 3:23pm On Dec 17, 2013
Tradition is tradition,shikena!! Black man know yourself(fela kuti ) never forget where you Re from .

4 Likes

Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by okedepare: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
R.I. P
Re: Deji Of Akure’s Corpse Placed On A Chair For Chiefs To Pay Homage by Nobody: 3:24pm On Dec 17, 2013
Now this is creepy! shocked

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Database Of Traditional Igbo Names / How The "ORO" Festival Almost Took My Life; My Story / To Maintain The Rolls-Royce Of The Emir Of Kano, Sanusi: See What It Takes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.