Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,600 members, 7,801,731 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:19 PM

SMF Forum Design Tutorial - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / SMF Forum Design Tutorial (2218 Views)

How to embed video in smf / I Want To Create Front Page In My Smf Forum / How Can I Embed Google Ads In My Smf Forum (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SMF Forum Design Tutorial by InfoTutor(m): 11:40am On Dec 17, 2013
Please can somebody help. I purchased an ebook (Volume 1)on how to design Forum. But the Volume 2 is no longer available from the publisher of the ebook.The ebook is "A-to-Z Steps on How To design Your Own Super- High Money Maling Online Forum or Membership Site That Guarantees............." Do you have the Volume 2 or where I can get good ebboks and or video tutorial on how to design Forum with SMF?

Thanks

Joseph
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by Afam4eva(m): 11:56am On Dec 17, 2013
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 12:51pm On Dec 17, 2013
I think I can help, although I don't have any eBooks or videos, you can ask me how to do specific things. PM me... If you doubt what I have to offer, checking my SMF forum www..com.ng can help clear your doubts.
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by festusbiz(m): 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2013
i wud lyk to own a forum like ur .com.ng
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 6:28pm On Dec 17, 2013
festusbiz: i wud lyk to own a forum like ur .com.ng
Do you have basic knowledge of CSS, Html, Or PHP?
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by sunday478(m): 6:49pm On Dec 17, 2013
real_ugee:
Do you have basic knowledge of CSS, Html, Or PHP?
guy that ur site make brain. I want to have something like that.. I want to develop a forum for my department in sch.
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 7:14pm On Dec 17, 2013
sunday478: guy that ur site make brain. I want to have something like that.. I want to develop a forum for my department in sch.
You also have to answer the question that I asked festusbiz
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by sunday478(m): 9:28am On Dec 18, 2013
real_ugee:
You also have to answer the question that I asked festusbiz
yes, I have basic knowlegde of PHP, but still learning from the big boys.
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 9:42am On Dec 18, 2013
sunday478: yes, I have basic knowlegde of PHP, but still learning from the big boys.
Ok you are even better than me. Still planning to learn PHP properly. Like you already know the site was built using the popular and free SMF. Simple Machines Forum. Just get a hosting account, domain name and install your SMF there. The rest of the work is customizing it to your taste; design and feature wise...
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by illuminatic: 10:47am On Dec 18, 2013
real_ugee:
Ok you are even better than me. Still planning to learn PHP properly. Like you already know the site was built using the popular and free SMF. Simple Machines Forum. Just get a hosting account, domain name and install your SMF there. The rest of the work is customizing it to your taste; design and feature wise...
Guy please can u send me mail on how to install your type of forum wealthandriches247 at gmail.com
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by Afam4eva(m): 10:50am On Dec 18, 2013
illuminatic:
Guy please can u send me mail on how to install your type of forum wealthandriches247 at gmail.com
1) Get a web hosting account at www.internetvisa.net

2) When you hosting account is setup, click on the Fantastico or the Softaculous link and when you're there, look for SMF and install it on the root of your hosting account and you're goood to go.

3) After installing it , it comes with the default SMF theme which you can have access to it's files and make some changes. Better still, you can develop your own theme from scratch.

Another way would be to download the SMF software from http://download.simplemachines.org/ and then install it on your local system. Make all the changes before uploading it to your server.
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 11:11am On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

2) When you hosting account is setup, click on the Fantastico or the Softaculous link and when you're there, look for SMF and install it on the root of your hosting account and you're goood to go.

3) After installing it , it comes with the default SMF theme which you can have access to it's files and make some changes. Better still, you can develop your own theme from scratch.

Another way would be to download the SMF software from http://download.simplemachines.org/ and then install it on your local system. Make all the changes before uploading it to your server.

That's all you need... Thanks for the reply Afam4eva
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by illuminatic: 11:28am On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva:

thank you very much. if i need further assistance i will contact you through your website even it means to pay a little but really want the site to look like Nairaland and also have the features in .com.ng site but it should have space for custom ads that will show both on mobile and PC as i dont need Google adsense and other ad network and if possible it should have notification like facebook to enable users know when they are quoted or liked their posts. thank you
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2013
illuminatic: thank you very much. if i need further assistance i will contact you through your website even it means to pay a little but really want the site to look like Nairaland and also have the features in .com.ng site but it should have space for custom ads that will show both on mobile and PC as i dont need Google adsense and other ad network and if possible it should have notification like facebook to enable users know when they are quoted or liked their posts. thank you
Custom ads, just like Nairaland won't be much of a problem. Quote notification might be, as that is what I am currently working on. Good luck...
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by illuminatic: 11:58am On Dec 18, 2013
real_ugee:
Custom ads, just like Nairaland won't be much of a problem. Quote notification might be, as that is what I am currently working on. Good luck...
Thanks, please can i have ur contact?
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by Afam4eva(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
illuminatic: thank you very much. if i need further assistance i will contact you through your website even it means to pay a little but really want the site to look like Nairaland and also have the features in .com.ng site but it should have space for custom ads that will show both on mobile and PC as i dont need Google adsense and other ad network and if possible it should have notification like facebook to enable users know when they are quoted or liked their posts. thank you
There's no mod on smf that tells people when they are quoted. The only feature is one that tells you when someone replies to a thread you opened or are subscribed to.
Re: SMF Forum Design Tutorial by realugee: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
illuminatic: Thanks, please can i have ur contact?
Add me as friend and PM me on my site www..com.ng/profile/ugochukwu

(1) (Reply)

Mastering Python - Networking And Security Training Video / How To Use Online Advertising Effectively / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.