Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,241 members, 7,807,819 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:51 PM

RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel (11332 Views)

The Physical Appearance Of The True Israel / Calling The Lost Sheep Of The True Israel Of God Out Of The Harlot Church / The True Israel Of God Is Not The Nation Israel , But The Church Of God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by TI1919(m): 10:53am On Oct 23, 2016
Being a Christian does not make you an Israelite. I am a child of God through Christ by Faith.

I think the topic should be
Rapture: A true gathering of the son's of God.

Those old testament quoted do they really say anything about rapture

God bless you
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by lightblazingnow(m): 10:57am On Oct 23, 2016
thats just crazy to think humans will be flying in the air. thats why many think the bible is a joke. aint nobody flying nowhere anytime soon except you have a cape on and ya name is superman lol

Your faith should rest on the power of God. I mean what God does and not your imagination
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by 1990news: 11:18am On Oct 23, 2016
Something tells me that, you are the same person you are looking for. Shiooor. Nansense.
Clinton9000:
I miss Obadiah777. He is a digital bible and a philosopher. Lol
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Malakh: 11:27am On Oct 23, 2016
There's no rapture, if there's was/is rapture then how would Christ rule for a thousand years, all the wicked will be cut off at the seventh Trumpet then He shall rule for a thousand years.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 23, 2016
1990news:
Something tells me that, you are the same person you are looking for. Shiooor. Nansense.

I wish. I'm not as well read as Obadiah.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by annyplenty(m): 11:36am On Oct 23, 2016
MrPresident1:
Rapture, a doctrine of mysterious disappearances, is a doctrine that was propounded out of ignorance of the word of God regarding the re-gathering of Israel, from the four corners of the earth, where they have been scattered. The purpose of this thread is to explain the true nature of the re-gathering, using only the scriptures.
Rapture is not some mysterious disappearances, it is a ‘return to base’ of the true chosen people of The Most High God, the true Israel, the apple of the Eyes of The Most High God, His Inheritance. Only the blameless ones will make the return, that is, only those who have kept the laws of The Father and have walked in the light of His commandments, the rest will be consumed.

[b]Jeremiah 3:14-18
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.[/b]

Mathew 24:36-44
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Ezekiel 11:17-20
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

[b]Ezekiel 37:21-28
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.[/b]

Zechariah 13:8
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Zephaniah 1:18
Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 3:19
Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

Brother! Rapture is indeed about mysterious disappearance into the Kingdom of heaven. The re-gathering of Israel back to their land is a different phenomenon.

Rapture is indeed scripturally about the mysterious disappearance of the true saints of God

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2016
Audray:
Why won't we remain backwards,unprogressive, underdeveloped and forever impoverished when all that millions of people who supposedly have brains and are intelligent refuse to face reality and keep spending their entire lives in fear of being left behind and not magically flying into some El dorado in space to eternally do nothing but bow down and praise a big bearded white man.
Why?
All those" good deeds" and that's the "reward" u get.Worshipping him...Forever.
How compassionate and loving.
grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy grin cheesy
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by alphamars(m): 12:08pm On Oct 23, 2016
Slave mentalitiy... No such thing like rapture.. It's just a man made illusion to checkmate the minds of people.. Superman comic stories.

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Nobody: 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2016
So after rapture now, we don go heaven, watin we go come dey do for there?
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
thats just crazy to think humans will be flying in the air. thats why many think the bible is a joke. aint nobody flying nowhere anytime soon except you have a cape on and ya name is superman lol

Looks like what sukkot would say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Mujtahida: 1:06pm On Oct 23, 2016
@op what you should know is that for 1800 years the heretical teaching called rapture was unknown in the apostolic tradition of Christianity until J. N. Darby began teaching it in the 1800's. Please also goggle and read about project blue beam to learn about how technology will be used to hoodwink the masses on the coming of Christ.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by realmindz: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2016
Audray:
Why won't we remain backwards,unprogressive, underdeveloped and forever impoverished when all that millions of people who supposedly have brains and are intelligent refuse to face reality and keep spending their entire lives in fear of being left behind and not magically flying into some El dorado in space to eternally do nothing but bow down and praise a big bearded white man.
Why?

Here in Africa, people are praying and fighting unseen forces in their imaginary heads, shooting spiritual arrows and screaming at the evil forces to die by fire, shaking their heads and screaming looking into the sky for the heavenly forces to come down and set them free from spiritual bondage...

But I say, the only bondage people are is mental bondage.

Screaming into the sky while the whites are exploring space.

People who still believe that Jesus went into the sky don't understand the cosmos, bcus jesus by now sud still be floating thru space.

Then worst of all, they think one day they shall float into space too....go through our solar system through the milky way galaxy to the edge of the universe before bouncing out of space and time...

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by tartar9(m): 2:03pm On Oct 23, 2016
Someone will just wake up on morning from the fringes of africa and start singing hymns about some so-called "chosen people" living thousands of miles away,who neither care if he exists or not undecided

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by omoolorire(m): 2:04pm On Oct 23, 2016
Wao!!!
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by xnsandrxns: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2016
realmindz:

Here in Africa, people are praying and fighting unseen forces in their imaginary heads, shooting spiritual arrows and screaming at the evil forces to die by fire, shaking their heads and screaming looking into the sky for the heavenly forces to come down and set them free from spiritual bondage...

People who still believe that Jesus went into the sky don't understand the cosmos, bcus jesus by now sud still be floating thru space.

Then worst of all, they think one day they shall float into space too....go through our solar system through the milky way galaxy to the edge of the universe before bouncing out of space and time...
You've said it all
The very religious ones are the most scared people I've ever seen
They are afraid of everything
They are only religious because they are scared of what some people say will happen if they are not
What is life without freedom?

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by speak2me2015: 2:26pm On Oct 23, 2016
1 THESSALONIANS 4:13-18
Now we do not want you to be uninformed, believers, about those who are asleep [in death], so that you will not grieve [for them] as the others do who have no hope [beyond this present life]. For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again [as in fact He did], even so God [in this same way--by raising them from the dead] will bring with Him those [believers] who have fallen asleep in Jesus. For we say this to you by the Lord’s [own] word, that we who are still alive and remain until the coming of the Lord, will in no way precede [into His presence] those [believers] who have fallen asleep [in death]. For the Lord Himself will come down from heaven with a shout of command, with the voice of the archangel and with the [blast of the] trumpet of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain [on the earth] will simultaneously be caught up (raptured) together with them [the resurrected ones] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air, and so we will always be with the Lord! Therefore comfort and encourage one another with these words [concerning our reunion with believers who have died].
1 THESSALONIANS 4:13‭-‬18 AMP
http://bible.com/1588/1th.4.13-18.AMP
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by JhyMedex: 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

But religion guides us - without Christianity and the bible , you won't be talking about Christ , rapture , the redemption of Israel who need to be manumitted from mental slavery .

We all want to go to Heaven na cool
Hehehe.. U dis guy... I most of d tym don't agree wit ur line of thought... Bt I must say I admire ur lexica n command of English..

*manumit - learnt sth new
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Audray(f): 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2016
realmindz:

Exactly. The average Nigerian would rather pray to a genie that lives in the sky all day to magically grant them their avarice addled wishes than actually working to succeed. Waiting for him to" pick up their call" , it's just pathetic.

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by akin33(m): 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2016
This write up is misleading. Rapture is real. Nothing to replace the event. I will post all that you need to know about rapture.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by akin33(m): 4:30pm On Oct 23, 2016
Rapture and the Bible
Jesus promised that He would return to Earth to take His people to be with Him. He said, “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3, NKJV). Did Jesus mean that He would return secretly and “rapture” His people from Earth, leaving behind those who are lost to wonder where their raptured friends and relatives have gone? This is the believe of those who hold to the idea of the rapture. In these verses, Jesus doesn’t say how He will return—secretly or otherwise. But other Bible texts make it plain what will happen when Jesus returns.
Is the Rapture Biblical?
After His resurrection, Jesus returned to heaven, and the disciples watched as He rose into the sky. The Bible says, “While they [the disciples] watched, He [Jesus] was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men [angels] stood by them in white apparel, who also said, ‘Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven’ ” (Acts 1:9-11, NKJV). Two points stand out in these verses. First, the Jesus who returns to Earth the second time is the very same Jesus who lived here on Earth with us and went back to heaven following His resurrection. And second, He will return to Earth the same way—“in like manner”—as He went back to heaven. How did Jesus go to heaven following His resurrection? Did He go secretly? No. The disciples watched Him rise, literally, bodily, into the air until a cloud hid Him from their sight. So these verses tell us that Jesus will return to earth the same way—not secretly.

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by MrPRevailer(m): 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2016
Another false Teacher on the the loose.
Rapture is for all righteous believers and is described in 1 Thess 4:18
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by MrPRevailer(m): 4:38pm On Oct 23, 2016
Malakh:
There's no rapture, if there's was/is rapture then how would Christ rule for a thousand years, all the wicked will be cut off at the seventh Trumpet then He shall rule for a thousand years.

1Thess 4:18 describes the catching away of all righteous believers to the air to meet Jesus both live and dead.

After the rapture, left behind Christians who refuse the mark will be slain. And 7yrs of great tribulation, Jesus will return with his saints. Those who died for their resistance will resurrect to start the MILLENIAL REIGN with Christ.

Many don't read their Bible. And gradually, Assumptions graduates to absolute belief.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by akin33(m): 4:39pm On Oct 23, 2016
Is Jesus' Second Coming Secret?
Another Bible text is even more clear that Jesus will not return secretly. “Behold, He [Jesus] is coming with clouds, and every eye will see Him, even they who pierced Him” (Revelation 1:7, NKJV). This text says that when Jesus comes every eye—everyone on earth—will see Him come. That doesn’t sound like He is coming secretly! Matthew says that Jesus’ coming will be as visible as the lightning that flashes from one end of the sky to the other. “For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be” (Matthew 24:27, NKJV). The Bible says that Jesus will come in glory with the angels (see Matthew 16:27); that He will come with the shout of the archangel and a blast from the trumpet of God (see 1 Thessalonians 4:16, 17); that the wicked will see Him coming and cry out for the rocks and mountains to fall on them and hide them from His face (see Revelation 6:14-17); and that He will return as King of kings, leading the armies of heavenly angels (see Revelation 19:11-16). All these texts make it clear than Jesus’ coming is anything but secret!
Will Jesus come like a thief

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Hydronium(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2016
MrPresident1:
Rapture, a doctrine of mysterious disappearances, is a doctrine that was propounded out of ignorance of the word of God regarding the re-gathering of Israel, from the four corners of the earth, where they have been scattered. The purpose of this thread is to explain the true nature of the re-gathering, using only the scriptures.
Rapture is not some mysterious disappearances, it is a ‘return to base’ of the true chosen people of The Most High God, the true Israel, the apple of the Eyes of The Most High God, His Inheritance. Only the blameless ones will make the return, that is, only those who have kept the laws of The Father and have walked in the light of His commandments, the rest will be consumed.

[b]Jeremiah 3:14-18
14 Turn, O backsliding children, saith the LORD; for I am married unto you: and I will take you one of a city, and two of a family, and I will bring you to Zion:
15 And I will give you pastors according to mine heart, which shall feed you with knowledge and understanding.
16 And it shall come to pass, when ye be multiplied and increased in the land, in those days, saith the LORD, they shall say no more, The ark of the covenant of the LORD: neither shall it come to mind: neither shall they remember it; neither shall they visit it; neither shall that be done any more.
17 At that time they shall call Jerusalem the throne of the LORD; and all the nations shall be gathered unto it, to the name of the LORD, to Jerusalem: neither shall they walk any more after the imagination of their evil heart.
18 In those days the house of Judah shall walk with the house of Israel, and they shall come together out of the land of the north to the land that I have given for an inheritance unto your fathers.[/b]

Mathew 24:36-44
36 But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only.
37 But as the days of Noah were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,
39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.
40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
41 Two women shall be grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.
42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.
43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up.
44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

Ezekiel 11:17-20
17 Therefore say, Thus saith the Lord God; I will even gather you from the people, and assemble you out of the countries where ye have been scattered, and I will give you the land of Israel.
18 And they shall come thither, and they shall take away all the detestable things thereof and all the abominations thereof from thence.
19 And I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh:
20 That they may walk in my statutes, and keep mine ordinances, and do them: and they shall be my people, and I will be their God.

[b]Ezekiel 37:21-28
21 And say unto them, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Behold, I will take the children of Israel from among the heathen, whither they be gone, and will gather them on every side, and bring them into their own land:
22 And I will make them one nation in the land upon the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be king to them all: and they shall be no more two nations, neither shall they be divided into two kingdoms any more at all.
23 Neither shall they defile themselves any more with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions: but I will save them out of all their dwelling places, wherein they have sinned, and will cleanse them: so shall they be my people, and I will be their God.
24 And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
25 And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince forever.
26 Moreover I will make a covenant of peace with them; it shall be an everlasting covenant with them: and I will place them, and multiply them, and will set my sanctuary in the midst of them for evermore.
27 My tabernacle also shall be with them: yea, I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
28 And the heathen shall know that I the LORD do sanctify Israel, when my sanctuary shall be in the midst of them for evermore.[/b]

Zechariah 13:8
And it shall come to pass, that in all the land, saith the Lord, two parts therein shall be cut off and die; but the third shall be left therein.

Zephaniah 1:18
Neither their silver nor their gold shall be able to deliver them in the day of the Lord's wrath; but the whole land shall be devoured by the fire of his jealousy: for he shall make even a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.

Zephaniah 3:19
Behold, at that time I will undo all that afflict thee: and I will save her that halteth, and gather her that was driven out; and I will get them praise and fame in every land where they have been put to shame.

Hello MrPresident1
How do you explain this?

1Th 4:15 — 1Th 4:17
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Exmarte: 5:05pm On Oct 23, 2016
Audray:
Why?
so there z someone out there who also reasons? pretty cool
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Malakh: 5:25pm On Oct 23, 2016
bro go sit dan somewhere, scriptures and the epistles was not written for xtians,I would have loved to give you understanding but I'm not gonna cast my pearls before swines
MrPRevailer:

1Thess 4:18 describes the catching away of all righteous believers to the air to meet Jesus both live and dead.

After the rapture, left behind Christians who refuse the mark will be slain. And 7yrs of great tribulation, Jesus will return with his saints. Those who died for their resistance will resurrect to start the MILLENIAL REIGN with Christ.

Many don't read their Bible. And gradually, Assumptions graduates to absolute belief.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by KingEbukasBlog(m): 8:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
JhyMedex:

Hehehe.. U dis guy... I most of d tym don't agree wit ur line of thought... Bt I must say I admire ur lexica n command of English..

*manumit - learnt sth new

Thanks bro smiley

1 Like

Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by NovusHomo(m): 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2016
Audray:
Why?

Isn't that something?! How a Nigerian is able to quote the bible so copiously is beyond me. Ask them what roles the Nigerian Constitution says local governments should play... Oh well, don't bother.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by MrPresident1: 9:47am On Oct 24, 2016
akin33:
Rapture and the Bible
Jesus promised that He would return to Earth to take His people to be with Him. He said, “Let not your heart be troubled; you believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father’s house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also (John 14:1-3, NKJV). Did Jesus mean that He would return secretly and “rapture” His people from Earth, leaving behind those who are lost to wonder where their raptured friends and relatives have gone? This is the believe of those who hold to the idea of the rapture. In these verses, Jesus doesn’t say how He will return—secretly or otherwise. But other Bible texts make it plain what will happen when Jesus returns.
Is the Rapture Biblical?
After His resurrection, Jesus returned to heaven, and the disciples watched as He rose into the sky. The Bible says, “While they [the disciples] watched, He [Jesus] was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men [angels] stood by them in white apparel, who also said, ‘Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven’ ” (Acts 1:9-11, NKJV). Two points stand out in these verses. First, the Jesus who returns to Earth the second time is the very same Jesus who lived here on Earth with us and went back to heaven following His resurrection. And second, He will return to Earth the same way—“in like manner”—as He went back to heaven. How did Jesus go to heaven following His resurrection? Did He go secretly? No. The disciples watched Him rise, literally, bodily, into the air until a cloud hid Him from their sight. So these verses tell us that Jesus will return to earth the same way—not secretly.

The drawing you posted is very funny, I could not stop laughing. Real knowledge has come, nobody is flying anywhere.

Go through this thread https://www.nairaland.com/3089757/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30 you will understand the meaning of Christ 'coming in the clouds of heaven'
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by MrPresident1: 9:49am On Oct 24, 2016
MrPRevailer:
Another false Teacher on the the loose.
Rapture is for all righteous believers and is described in 1 Thess 4:18

My friend, this is not a false teaching, this is knowledge.

https://www.nairaland.com/3089757/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30

Read this thread, Jesus Christ is not flying down to the earth from space, neither are we flying up into space to meet him.
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by MrPresident1: 10:53am On Oct 24, 2016
Hydronium:

Hello MrPresident1
How do you explain this?

1Th 4:15 — 1Th 4:17
For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

This is a very deep verse you have asked to breakdown. Let us do this sequentially;

1. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

We can see that there are two kinds of persons here...1. the dead/asleep in Christ, and 2. we who are alive.

1.The coming of Jesus is in 2 parts;

Part a. the first part is that Christ would be the first to arise from the dead, hence he will be the firstfruits from the dead. The first people to rise from the dead are Christ. Rising from the dead means that they are the first people to understand the depths of the Bible, they have come alive through the understanding of the deep secrets of the Word. The Word of God is the spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Part b. Others would wake up when Jesus returns. This others are the 'asleep in Christ', and they will only come alive when Christ Jesus returns.
1 Corinthians 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

2. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

When the Bible is examined compositely, you will see that this verse is not talking about a literal Jesus flying down from space. Mathew explains that the sign of the son of man will appear in heaven

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Further reading https://www.nairaland.com/3089757/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30

3. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Christ Jesus is coming in the clouds of heaven, the dead will rise up at his coming. Those alive (before his coming) will 'be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air'. This 'meeting in the air' is the main part where many people think that we will be flying to space, but that is not what is being said there.

Meeting the LORD in the air is a DISPLACEMENT REACTION
. The Prince of the power of the air is the god of this world and is the one working in the children of disobedience. What is being said is that Christ will displace him from that position, and Christ and his saints will assume that position. The position of lordship, leadership, and rulership over the world. It does not mean that we are flying off to space.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:
Re: RAPTURE; The Re-gathering Of True Israel by Hydronium(m): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2016
MrPresident1:

This is a very deep verse you have asked to breakdown. Let us do this sequentially;

1. For this we say to you by the word of the Lord, that we who are alive and remain until the coming of the Lord will by no means precede those who are asleep.

We can see that there are two kinds of persons here...1. the dead/asleep in Christ, and 2. we who are alive.

1.The coming of Jesus is in 2 parts;

Part a. the first part is that Christ would be the first to arise from the dead, hence he will be the firstfruits from the dead. The first people to rise from the dead are Christ. Rising from the dead means that they are the first people to understand the depths of the Bible, they have come alive through the understanding of the deep secrets of the Word. The Word of God is the spirit of God.

1 Corinthians 15:20
But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.
John 6:63
It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

Part b. Others would wake up when Jesus returns. This others are the 'asleep in Christ', and they will only come alive when Christ Jesus returns.
1 Corinthians 15:23
But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.

2. For the Lord Himself will descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of an archangel, and with the trumpet of God. And the dead in Christ will rise first.

When the Bible is examined compositely, you will see that this verse is not talking about a literal Jesus flying down from space. Mathew explains that the sign of the son of man will appear in heaven

Matthew 24:30
And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. Further reading https://www.nairaland.com/3089757/complete-breakdown-mathew-24-29-30

3. Then we who are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And thus we shall always be with the Lord.

Christ Jesus is coming in the clouds of heaven, the dead will rise up at his coming. Those alive (before his coming) will 'be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air'. This 'meeting in the air' is the main part where many people think that we will be flying to space, but that is not what is being said there.

Meeting the LORD in the air is a DISPLACEMENT REACTION
. The Prince of the power of the air is the god of this world and is the one working in the children of disobedience. What is being said is that Christ will displace him from that position, and Christ and his saints will assume that position. The position of lordship, leadership, and rulership over the world. It does not mean that we are flying off to space.

Ephesians 2:2
Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience:

Sir,
Thank you for your time, howbeit, I find this analysis to be quite unseemly.

King James Bible
'Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord. 1 Thess 4:17.

'Caught up' in Hebrew is harpazo, meaning: to seize, catch away, pluck, take by force.
'Cloud'-nephele refers to natural cloud, from which cloudiness is taken.
Air 'aer' refers to natural circumambience, air.
These words which form a key part of that portion of scripture have no hidden interpretation as you can see (do your own findings if you please).
Again, It's true that the word 'rapture' is not found on the bible, however, your discountenancing it will mean that Jesus never ascended in into glory in the face of his disciples (Acts 1:10-11), that Elijah wasn't taken up into heaven by a chariot of fire (2 ki 2:11) and that the two witnesses in Rev 11:12 and Enoch won't literally be taken up into heaven. Do not limit the power of God.
Bro, if angels can fly, if Jesus has come to redeem man from his fallen state, then this incorruptible shall put on incorruption and this mortal shall put on immortality and we shall fly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

226 Comments On A Topic By People Asking Me To Join Illuminati / Learn How The 16 Odu Ifa Warn You For Free Without Consulting Babalawo / Former Pastor Says ''Jesus Is Not Coming Back!''

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 155
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.