Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,480 members, 7,781,434 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:19 PM

What Do You Think About This? - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What Do You Think About This? (999 Views)

What Do You Think About Kopi Luwak Coffee? / What Do You Think About A Guy Being A Better Cook Than His Girlfriend. / What Do Think About Suya ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Do You Think About This? by cynhamscakes(f): 6:05pm On Dec 17, 2013
Made this cake for my son. He is 2yrs old today.

This is my first attempt at cake sculpting.
I will like your honest opinions and thoughts, criticisms.
I will like to know how i can improve and do better next time.

@Mods, this is not an advert pls. Leave my thread for me biko. .

1 Like

Re: What Do You Think About This? by cynhamscakes(f): 6:40pm On Dec 17, 2013
Don't just look and go. Say something.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by taryour(f): 11:10pm On Dec 17, 2013
Me thinks it is AWESOME for a first attempt at cake sculpting. Its simple cute. very lovely colour combo and simple. The simplicity makes it more unique. God bless your handwork ma.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by cynhamscakes(f): 6:11am On Dec 18, 2013
taryour: Me thinks it is AWESOME for a first attempt at cake sculpting. Its simple cute. very lovely colour combo and simple. The simplicity makes it more unique. God bless your handwork ma.

Really? hmmmm. Thanks ooo. Someone told me i shouldn't have used yellow cos yellow is the colour of Molue.
My initial colour of choice was red but i had kinda worked with red in my previous jobs before this so i wanted to play with another colour of fondant and being that i have never worked with yellow before (except gold) and the celebrant being a boy, i was like why not try yellow and see how it goes.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by taryour(f): 2:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
cynhamscakes:

Really? hmmmm. Thanks ooo. Someone told me i shouldn't have used yellow cos yellow is the colour of Molue.
My initial colour of choice was red but i had kinda worked with red in my previous jobs before this so i wanted to play with another colour of fondant and being that i have never worked with yellow before (except gold) and the celebrant being a boy, i was like why not try yellow and see how it goes.

Well for me yellow and black is a very good combo.
Re: What Do You Think About This? by passionate88: 7:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
You tried. I want to ask if u bake cake with low sugar?. For those that regulate their sugar intake
Re: What Do You Think About This? by bece: 5:32am On Dec 24, 2013
I think ur sculpting was superb, for a first attempt I give u B+ but the problem is ur fonbdant covering.
Always make ur fondant a day or two before use,when u dirty ice with buttercream,let it be smooth and bring out all the edges of ur cake. Always allow fondant †✽ set on a cake before pasting any thing †✽ avoid bumps
When rollng out make ur fondant at least 1/4inch thick. Then take ur time †✽ smoothen the fondant on the cake,spend at least 2 †✽ 3mins don't be in a hurry. When ur cake is smoothe lustre it,this helps †✽ give the cake perfect finish.
Ur cutouts should be rolled thinner like 1/8inch thick. Ur black cutout was too thick.I still wonder ow u r able †✽ arrange those tiles I have never been able †✽.that's a lot of work.
Colour cordination was perfect. Overall u did a good job and practise make perfect. 6/10

Happy caking
Re: What Do You Think About This? by mariM(f): 4:10pm On Dec 24, 2013
Nice, keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Seeking Bulk Importers/distributors/sellers Of Biscuits/snacks. / Midwives Teaching Mothers How To Prepare Food / Secrets Behind Coca Cola's Good Name.- Coke Vs Coke Look-alike.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.