Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? (2397 Views)

Israel The Most Brutal And Heartless State In The Race Of Human Being / Uyi Iredia Sees The Light! Denies the love of Yahweh!! / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:04am On Dec 18, 2013
This is an appeal to the mods, I do not intend to cast a slur on any religious group, I am religious and find knowing God a fulfilling virtue.

I came to a point in my life where I started questioning religions and beliefs to see the veracity in it. I looked into Christianity, Islam, Judaism, Buddhism and so on.

Let me give my take on the Abrahamic religions ( Islam, Christianity and Judaism)

For instance, Allah told muslims through prophet Mohammed s.a.w to chop off the heads and fingers of infidels wherever they are hiding. He even called muslims who refuse to join the free for all slaughters as hypocrites and that they will be sent to hell for not slaying the infidels.

Yahweh in the old testament told Moses that if any people fail to accept Israel's offer of peace, then the Lord has put them in their hands, all males are to be killed. Sometimes the carnage is even worse.
I don't want to make the post long but Allah's and Jehovah's way seems brutal. Why is Hitler considered evil if God/Allah has ordered people to do such before.

Trust me, I know Nigerians, always scared of asking barefaced question, we'll rather put on religious regalia and shy away from the germane questions raised.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Let's look at Moses and Joshua, they went around wreaking havoc on towns and innocent
people to get what they wanted. Look what Joshua
did to Jericho....he didn't even want the land,
but he killed all of the men, women, and
children...then on top of that, he burned the
place to the ground, for no reason at all.
I really don't wanna feel like the last 23 years of
my life have been dedicated to some1 who
orders and condones the killing of innocent
children. I wouldn't praise Hitler, but somehow I
feel like I am. I love God, and I wanna continue
to love God...I like having something to believe
in, a divine power, I like waking up everyday
knowing some1 is watching over me....but i'm
sure the citizens of Jericho felt that way
too....but look what happened to them.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:13am On Dec 18, 2013
The Quran:
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find
them, and turn them out from where they have
turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse
than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and
merciful. And fight them until there is no
more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others
along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But
if they cease, let there be no transgression except
against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-
doers, etc.)"

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and
know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you,
and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a
thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing
which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know
not." Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will
punish them with terrible agony in this world and in
the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the
hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined
companions with Allah, for which He had sent no
authority".
Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah
who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso
fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he
victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause
of Allah…"
Quran (4:89) - "They but wish that ye should reject
Faith, as they do, and thus be on the same footing
(as they): But take not friends from their ranks until
they flee in the way of Allah (From what is
forbidden). But if they turn renegades, seize them
and slay them wherever ye find them; and (in any
case) take no friends or helpers from their ranks."
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:20am On Dec 18, 2013
sakaguchi: The Quran:
Quran (2:191-193) - "And kill them wherever you find
them, and turn them out from where they have
turned you out. And Al-Fitnah [disbelief] is worse
than killing...
but if they desist, then lo! Allah is forgiving and
merciful. And fight them until there is no
more Fitnah [disbelief and worshipping of others
along with Allah] and worship is for Allah alone. But
if they cease, let there be no transgression except
against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-
doers, etc.)"

Quran (2:244) - "Then fight in the cause of Allah, and
know that Allah Heareth and knoweth all things."
Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you,
and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a
thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing
which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know
not." Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will
punish them with terrible agony in this world and in
the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."
Quran (3:151) - "Soon shall We cast terror into the
hearts of the Unbelievers, for that they joined
companions with Allah, for which He had sent no
authority".
Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah
who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso
fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he
victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."
Quran (4:76) - "Those who believe fight in the cause
of Allah…"

The above clearly show instances that are provocative and not in any way a form of self defence.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:23am On Dec 18, 2013
Deuteronomy 20
contains Yahweh's instructions about war. If a city
does not accept Israel's offer of peace and open its
gates, then "when the Lord your God delivers it into
your hand, put to the sword all the men in
it" (verse13). With regard to other cities, the
command is (verse 16), "Do not leave anything that
breathes."
You probably also recall that the walls of Jericho
came tumbling down, and then the Israelites
"destroyed with the sword every living thing in it -
men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, and
donkeys" (Joshua 6:21). This certainly seems brutal
and vindictive, doesn't it? Or consider Joshua 11:20,
"For it was the Lord himself who hardened their
hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might
destroy them totally, exterminating them without
mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses." From
our twenty-first century point of view, we ask, "What
good was accomplished by all this annihilation?"

Is this the same loving God preached in the new testament?
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Those who refuse to take part in the fighting will be discriminated on...
Quran (4:95) - "Not equal are those believers who sit
(at home) and receive no hurt, and those who strive
and fight in the cause of Allah with their goods and
their persons. Allah hath granted a grade higher to
those who strive and fight with their goods and
persons than to those who sit (at home). Unto all (in
Faith) Hath Allah promised good: But those who
strive and fight Hath He distinguished above those
who sit (at home) by a special reward,-" This
passage criticizes "peaceful" Muslims who do not join
in the violence, letting them know that they are less
worthy in Allah's eyes.
Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit
of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they
(too) suffer pain as you suffer pain.
Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage
war against Allah and His messenger and strive to
make mischief in the land is only this, that they
should be murdered or crucified or their hands and
their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they
should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for
them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall
have a grievous chastisement"
Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of
those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads
and strike off every fingertip of them" No reasonable
person would interpret this to mean a spiritual
struggle.
Quran (8:15) - "O ye who believe! When ye meet
those who disbelieve in battle, turn not your backs to
them. (16)Whoso on that day turneth his back to
them, unless maneuvering for battle or intent to join
a company, he truly hath incurred wrath from Allah,
and his habitation will be hell, a hapless journey's
end."
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:31am On Dec 18, 2013
There are other tons of old testament and quranic verses where God/Allah acted worst than Hitler.
The big question is... "WHY?"
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by saemmanuel(m): 2:35am On Dec 18, 2013
hmmmm, rrally
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by castielo(m): 6:23am On Dec 18, 2013
Ok, so what's your purpose of asking diz question? when u finally get the 'answer' you want what's gonna happen next? ..

You so-called Heathens and Atheist are only looking for justifications to do evil and live lawlessly. why? becos you are all scared of your imperfections so you want to blame God for it. All you are looking for through diz ur useless question is a reason to spite God. truss mee.. you'll get what you want.

well, its your life. whether you believe in God or not, seriosly, it ain't my business. My worry is the evil seed of doubt, fear and confusion ya'll are sowing in the hearts of the young, struggling christians out there.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by harbiola1(m): 8:44am On Dec 18, 2013
sakaguchi:

The above clearly show instances that are provocative and not in any way a form of self defence.

Can you bring those verses one by one and let's discuss about it together.
You'll bring ur argument on why u think it is provocative and i'll bring mine supporting the notion that it's self defense.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by Afrobasic(m): 11:16am On Dec 18, 2013
castielo: Ok, so what's your purpose of asking diz question? when u finally get the 'answer' you want what's gonna happen next? ..

You so-called Heathens and Atheist are only looking for justifications to do evil and live lawlessly. why? becos you are all scared of your imperfections so you want to blame God for it. All you are looking for through diz ur useless question is a reason to spite God. truss mee.. you'll get what you want.

well, its your life. whether you believe in God or not, seriosly, it ain't my business. My worry is the evil seed of doubt, fear and confusion ya'll are sowing in the hearts of the young, struggling christians out there.

If you had read the post, you'ld have known that The Op is actually a struggling christian. your attempt at answering the op: FAIL.

@Op, nice post, just a matter of time before you see fully the fraud those religions are.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 11:41am On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1:

You'll bring ur argument on why u think it is provocative and i'll bring mine supporting the notion that it's self defense.

I will do that. You'll see, but then, either ways, provocative or not, those quranic verses does not show the feature of a loving God.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 11:55am On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1:

Quran (2:191-193)

This passage is not defensive warfare, since Muhammad and his
Muslims had just relocated to Medina and were not
under attack by their Meccan adversaries. In fact,
the verses urge offensive warfare, in that Muslims
are to drive Meccans out of their own city (which they
later did).
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 12:01pm On Dec 18, 2013
The only offence this people committed was not believing in a new religion. They did not fight the people whom this verse below addresses

It is a perfectly normal thing for people to have objection to new changes in things. Allah s.a.w who is all-knowing of this fact still asked for the head of people who he himself lovingly created
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 12:05pm On Dec 18, 2013
Quran (4:104) - "And be not weak hearted in pursuit of the enemy; if you suffer pain, then surely they
(too) suffer pain as you suffer pain..."

Is pursuing an
injured and retreating enemy who is clearly under pain really an act of self-
defense?
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 12:17pm On Dec 18, 2013
Quran (8:65) - "O Prophet, exhort the believers to
fight"

Did you see that? ^^^^

Quran (9:5) - "So when the sacred months have
passed away, then slay the idolaters wherever you
find them, and take them captive and besiege them
and lie in wait for them in every ambush,
then if they
repent and keep up prayer and pay the poor-rate,
leave their way free to them."

According to this
verse, according to this passage, I don't see how lying in wait and ambushing unbelievers turn out to be self defence. This is clearly a form of military offensive.

But then, offensive or defensive, this brutal and graphic condoning of violence is ill-assorted with the notion of a loving Allah. This is classic brutality.

Mahatma Gandhi would have done a better job here.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 12:34pm On Dec 18, 2013
castielo: Ok, so what's your purpose of asking diz question? when u finally get the 'answer' you want what's gonna happen next? ..

And the question still persist. Struggling Christians and Muslims have doubts and questions that need answers, why not be of great service to tell us why Yahweh asked for the genocide of a whole nation.

1 Samuel
15:2-3, "This is what the LORD Almighty says: Now
go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroy
everything that belongs to them. Do not spare them;
put to death men and women, children and infants,
cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.'"
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by nnadychuks(m): 12:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
Keep quiet all of you, afterall you all were not there... Just mind your business before amadi ohia blast you all
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
nnady chuks: Keep quiet all of you, afterall you all were not there... Just mind your business before amadi ohia blast you all

Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by harbiola1(m): 12:55pm On Dec 18, 2013
@OP, i've given u a better condition which u seem to have ignored only to be displaying ignorance.

In my mind it is self defence because of a little presentable knowledge i've about it. and to u it is nothing but a war mongering on innocent people.
Then fine, bring a FULL VERSE or VERSES without shorten them (e.g 8:65 or 8:65-66) that u want to against, give ur points and whatever, then the onus is on me to disprove it.

You can't get a better offer in court.

And like someone said, U'll only suffer for ur arrogance.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 1:13pm On Dec 18, 2013
harbiola1: @OP, i've given u a better condition which u seem to have ignored only to be displaying ignorance.

You gave a better condition and I did exactly what you asked. Let me quote what you said.

harbiola1:

I have done exactly what you asked.
I brought the verses one by one.
I brought out my argument on why it is provocative.
You fail to give your defence.

What could have made you to reconsider your earlier position?

In my mind it is self defence because of a little presentable knowledge i've about it. and to u it is nothing but a war mongering on innocent people.
Then fine, bring a FULL VERSE or VERSES without shorten them (e.g 8:65 or 8:65-66) that u want to against, give ur points and whatever, then the onus is on me to disprove it.

You can't get a better offer in court.

And like someone said, U'll only suffer for ur arrogance.

And e given you ample evidence to show it isn't self defence. Either way, I don't know how choping the hands and heads of fleeing people and ambushing them is self defence. Self defence or not, it is completely brutal. Mahatma Gandhi would have made a better judgement in this instance. There are better ways of self defence than choping off the head and hands of hapless people who have been armbushed and are fleeing.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Dear sakaguchi, i congratulate you for finally employing your innate ability to reason and applying logic . See , religion is a joke & the greatest fraud of all time; especially the middle eastern religions.

Continue the search dear one without any fear. If at all god exists he/she cannot be the wicked inhuman / ungodly one described by those religious folks who have deliberately denounced reason.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:58pm On Dec 18, 2013

you my guy have been brainwashed.

you my friend are just not ready to apply reason

Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by macof(m): 5:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Guys don't get it wrong

think carefully and deep about it. Allah or Yahweh didn't order such things, it's MEN who did it out of their own wicked thoughts and lied against gods.

Moses was never sent to kill all those people, the Jews were deceived to believe that Yahweh was instructing Moses all along.

Mohammed's case is the same, Allah was already worshipped in Arabia, why would Allah send a man to kill people? Is he not powerful enough? Mohammed even said he was a second Moses and had gained inspiration from the Jews.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by Ajibam: 6:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
op..
christianity is not an abrahamic religion... as the name implies, it is from Christ.
now, let me clear your doubt..
religion is a plan to get to God.. but Christ has serve as the bridge back to God,, we that follow the way he taught us, which is through him are called christians.. other people that dont believe this Jesus as a way to God are still under the bondage of religion...
shalom
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by macof(m): 7:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajibam: op..
christianity is not an abrahamic religion... as the name implies, it is from Christ.
religion is a plan to get to God.. but Christ has serve as the bridge back to God,, we that follow the way he taught us, which is through him are called christians.. other people that dont believe this Jesus as a way to God are still under the bondage of religion...
shalom

cheesy so quick to disaffiliate christianity from abrahamism.

You are just in baseless denial, Christianity is an Abrahamic religion that professes Yahweh-the God of the Jews as it's God
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 10:52pm On Dec 18, 2013
Oduduwaboy: Dear sakaguchi, i congratulate you for finally employing your innate ability to reason and applying logic . See , religion is a joke & the greatest fraud of all time; especially the middle eastern religions.

Continue the search dear one without any fear. If at all god exists he/she cannot be the wicked inhuman / ungodly one described by those religious folks who have deliberately denounced reason.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 10:53pm On Dec 18, 2013
macof: Guys don't get it wrong

think carefully and deep about it. Allah or Yahweh didn't order such things, it's MEN who did it out of their own wicked thoughts and lied against gods.

Moses was never sent to kill all those people, the Jews were deceived to believe that Yahweh was instructing Moses all along.

Mohammed's case is the same, Allah was already worshipped in Arabia, why would Allah send a man to kill people? Is he not powerful enough? Mohammed even said he was a second Moses and had gained inspiration from the Jews.

Seriously, their action begs the question if God/Allah ever said such things.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sakaguchi(m): 10:56pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ajibam: op..
shalom

You can try to shy away from it, but christianity along with the aforementioned two are Abrahamic religions. Maybe you should do your research on it.
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by Joshthefirst(m): 7:07am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:
There are other tons of old testament and quranic verses where God/Allah acted worst than Hitler.
The big question is... "WHY?"
Your statement here shows that you are ignorant both of the story of Adolf and of the bible.

God never threw away his mercy as he judged those nations with Israel. They were given time to repent. To change. And there're records that those nations were terrible in their ways, and filled with violence and warped men. That's just a brief answer if you want. I assume you're really seeking for an answer and not trying to sway the minds of the weak or ignorant.

Happy new year. smiley
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by malvisguy212: 8:14am On Jan 02, 2015
sakaguchi:
Deuteronomy 20
contains Yahweh's instructions about war. If a city
does not accept Israel's offer of peace and open its
gates, then "when the Lord your God delivers it into
your hand, put to the sword all the men in
it" (verse13). With regard to other cities, the
command is (verse 16), "Do not leave anything that
breathes."
You probably also recall that the walls of Jericho
came tumbling down, and then the Israelites
"destroyed with the sword every living thing in it -
men and women, young and old, cattle, sheep, and
donkeys" (Joshua 6:21). This certainly seems brutal
and vindictive, doesn't it? Or consider Joshua 11:20,
"For it was the Lord himself who hardened their
hearts to wage war against Israel, so that he might
destroy them totally, exterminating them without
mercy, as the Lord had commanded Moses." From
our twenty-first century point of view, we ask, "What
good was accomplished by all this annihilation?"

Is this the same loving God preached in the new testament?
The unstated assumption is that the people who God ordered destroyed were morally equivalent to the Jews, who replaced them. However, this is what the Bible says about the people who were destroyed:
"It is not for your righteousness or for
the uprightness of your heart that
you are going to possess their land,
but it is because of the wickedness of
these nations that the LORD your God
is driving them out before you, in
order to confirm the oath which the
LORD swore to your fathers, to
Abraham, Isaac and Jacob.
( Deuteronomy 9:5)
Okay, how "wicked" could those people
have been? How about killing their own
sons and daughters by burning them in
sacrifices to their gods:
"You shall not behave thus toward the
LORD your God, for every abominable
act which the LORD hates they have
done for their gods; for they even
burn their sons and daughters in the
fire to their gods. ( Deuteronomy
12:31)
The wickedness of these people is
confirmed in other verses of the Bible.

The Canaanite nations were punished
because of their extreme wickedness.
God did not cast out the Canaanites for
being a particular race or ethnic group.
God did not send the Israelites into the
land of Canaan to destroy a number of
righteous nations. On the contrary, the
Canaanite nations were horribly
depraved. They practiced “abominable
customs” (Leviticus 18:30) and did
“detestable things” (Deuteronomy 18:9,
NASB). They practiced idolatry, witchcraft, soothsaying, and sorcery. They attempted to cast spells upon people and call up the dead (Deuteronomy 18:10-11).

The Amalekites attacked the Israelites
without apparent provocation as they
were traveling during the Exodus ( Ex
17:cool. "When you were weary and worn
out, they met you on your journey and
cut off all who were lagging behind" ( Dt
25:17-18). They later attacked Israel
during the time of the Judges (Jdg 3:13)
and often raided the Israelites' land after
they had planted crops, leaving them
with nothing ( Jdg 6:2-5). God punished
the Amalekites by ordering Saul to
destroy them ( 1 Sam 15:2-3) - over 300
years after they had first attacked Israel.
During that time, the Amalekites had
contact with the Israelites and would
have heard about God. They could have
repented and changed their ways, but
they continued to raid and plunder other
cities up to the time of Saul and David (1
Sam 30:1-3). The Amalekites that Saul
and David warred against were clearly no
better than their ancestors who had first
waylaid Israel.
Did God "blot out the memory of
Amalek" or not?
The LORD said to Moses, "Write
Re: Why Is Allah/yahweh So Brutal And Vindictive? by sonmvayina(m): 7:40pm On Jan 03, 2015
why not send a prophet to them?...death is never justified.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Me Understand, I Love Islam But ..... / 2022 CAC Sunday School Manual & Living Water Devotionals Now Available / See Madness O ! Christians Crucifing Themselves In Phillipines! Crazy!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.