Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,397 members, 7,808,429 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77186 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Built2last: 4:04am On Dec 18, 2013
I will not be surprised if OBJ replies this letter publicly

It was a big mistake for OBJ to pick up his pen and write Mr president on issues of corruption that he instituted.

Those who read OBJ letter and praised him are enemies of Nigeria and suffering from Amnesia.

A man given 8 years to correct the many years Nigeria has suffered but served his personal purpose.

How can he now turn arround and accuse the person he put there and expect me to take him serious.

OBJ political moves in Nigeria is a case of a politically drowning man. Down west Tinubu is dealing with him. At the center he is loosing relevance. Hence, that self serving cheap letter that some gullible Nigerians bought into.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Built2last: 4:05am On Dec 18, 2013
I will not be surprised if OBJ replies this letter publicly

It was a big mistake for OBJ to pick up his pen and write Mr president on issues of corruption that he instituted.

Those who read OBJ letter and praised him are enemies of Nigeria and suffering from Amnesia.

A man given 8 years to correct the many years Nigeria has suffered but served his personal purpose.

How can he now turn arround and accuse the person he put there and expect me to take him serious.

OBJ's political moves in Nigeria is a case of a politically drowning man. Down west Tinubu is dealing with him. At the center he is loosing relevance. Hence, that self serving cheap letter that some gullible Nigerians bought into.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by onimcee1(m): 4:06am On Dec 18, 2013
She has lost all hope in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by DAVEZONIGLTD: 4:08am On Dec 18, 2013
Things fall apart.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by DAVEZONIGLTD: 4:09am On Dec 18, 2013
Will things fall apart in 2015 as America Predicted?? Time will tell.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Sexkillz2(m): 4:12am On Dec 18, 2013
I hope OBJ will not commit suicide after reading this. Bwt she omitted some facts, she didn't remind us how OBJ molested her as a kid and screwed Gbenga's wife when he was president grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 2oby: 4:14am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote
author=payless]Wow! Like father, like daughter. Iyabo just confirmed
what many of us know about her father. Obasanjo is a self centered man
who takes no prisoner. Obasanjo is a provocative and vindictive man. He
forgives no one that offends him. A trait common with the people of Owu.
Sorry as no disrespect to any Owu.

What I see here is a daughter who is looking for relevance in public
eyes. She did not address the allegation her father made about Jonathan.
Did Iyabo benefit from the largesse stolen by her father? Iyabo is a
beneficiary of so many juicy positions due to her father's status in
Nigeria. She couldn't have been a commissioner of health or senator
without her father and Maurice Iwu manipulating results in her favor.
Iyabo herself is well known by her peers as someone who possesses the
same traits as her father. Iyabo became a Senator through a cooked
result by Maurice Iwu. This is the same Iyabo who jumped over 7-foot
fence to evade arrest in 2008. This is the same Iyabo that has a pending
case in court on corruption charges. She also needs to re-write this
epistle again and tell us how much she benefited from her father being
Nigerian President.

Having said all that above, Jonathan still owes Nigerians an explanation
about allegations made by Obasanjo. These are valid allegations that
must be investigated. If the allegations found to be true, Jonathan
deserves to be booted out. If those allegations found to be untrue, then
he deserves an apology from us.

Someone needs to authenticate this open
letter.....

Did Iyabo truly write this open
letter
?
[/quote]

you are intelligent. you spoke my mind
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:16am On Dec 18, 2013
I can only imagine the pain of this woman. I do believe she'll try to give Nigeria a shot again later in life. Life does that to people. I hope she's one day able to forgive herself and that she reads some of the comments on NL
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Raregem01: 4:16am On Dec 18, 2013
Codedrock: Iyabo should tell me why daughter daddy stuff has to be public?
i swear, nawah o
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by lastpage: 4:17am On Dec 18, 2013
PapaBrowne: Interesting! This is the biggest exposé! Looks like Obasanjo's letter is going to start a season of opening of can of worms.

As she said, the generals Obj copied in that letter and himself are responsible for all the problems that exist in this country. They participated in every coup since 1966.

Nigerians are a gullibly sad bunch. People suddenly feel like obj's era was great. That would be a sad case of amnesia

At the bolded:

Par-adventure you would have noticed, since 1978, after the first Shagari govt, everyone including myself has always 'cursed' the government of the day .........as the worst govt TO DATE!
Ironically, if you think the last govt was bad, the current one seems to turn the previous one into a beacon of good governance! angry angry

We said the 1979 NPN government was bad but when Buhari Idiagbon took over, Nigerians were praying that they die the next day. They killed and whipped and jailed anyone and everyone! shocked shocked

When he was eventually toppled, the following years of "dribble and Maradona" was so bad that people wished Idiagbon would come back from the grave! Maradona was so evil he should be credited with destroying the moral fiber of this country!
That gap-toothed "Evil genius" started a revolution of moral decay (operation SETTLEMENT) in this country.

But "Step aside" and what you get is the "Dark Goggled" master killer called Abacha! This one was nothing short of a mad man from Hell and Nigerians paid the price because he killed them unrelentlessly! Some wished "Maradona" would come back, at least he would let his filthy corrupt money go around. But abacha died phucking some Indian ashawo or eating their punanny! grin

We have not even buried the Goggled-one when we were saddled with another flat-headed donkey called Abdusallami! Well, having gone through Abacha, you would think we've reached rock bottom but Abdusallami simply but quietly, stole us dry. His one year in office did nothing except allocate all our Oil Blocks to himself and his cronies in the Army and up North. Then some people reminded me that Abacha did not steal so brazenly like this now? We all prayed he would just fall down and die like Abacha! and maybe Abacha can come back to rule us "better". Abacha suddenly seems a good President.

Well, enter Mr. "second-chance OBJ", a product of some divine intervention ........and you would expect that he will show gratitude to God for sparing his life but this egocentric baboon was all about fuel increases and personal aggrandisement!
He was a Kleptomaniac, a notorious womanizer and very very wicked + unforgiving! Now l was wondering, how did we end up with this retired general for God's sake. For eight years he stole every penny we could have used to build Power stations, sold Nigerian patrimony in form of Govt Companies to his cronies via an "El Rufai Privatisation Program"! (the same foolish El rufai tweeting about everything that could get him noticed!).
From Transcorp, to Obj's library, to our Steel Corporations and Refineries, OBJ sold everything at cheap value to himself and cronies and even stole the little proceeds of the sale! Now, which of the previous Govt we have been complaining about was that bad? Suddenly, flat head Abdusallami looked like an Angel and Evil genius looked like a blessing!

But faith is not done with us yet. We heaved a sigh of relief for having the first graduate President in form of Yar Ardua. That one was either too senile to know what was going on around him or his cronies, especially his wife Turai, have taken over the rulership of this country and the way they looted it with careless abandon, you would think looting was going to be abolished the next day! At that point Nigerians were thinking hey, we thought Obj was bad, now we got a worse one! Maybe we should have allowed this third term nonsense? A stealing president like OBJ would at least be better than a Zombie! shocked

When Yar Ardua died (and the day of his death and where he died still remains debatable, if not that some highly (dis)respected Clergy men saw him doing 90-Push-ups per minute and running faster than Hussein Bolt, l would have said he died long before it was announced ); we all thought at least OBJ was alive and stealing, this one was "dead and still stealing through his aides and wife grin )

Anyways, enter the "shoeless one" and we thought "Aaah, anyone who had suffered before will know how to treat poor people" but in all honesty, if you put that criminal called OBJ down on one side and the current thieving mo.r.on on the other side, 90% of Nigerians, (except people from Niger delta who think the only yardstick to chose a President is if he comes from the Creeks) will prefer OBJ! These Shoeless one was just too dumb to steal discretely like the Evil genius. he was too spineless to be brash and decisive like an OBJ. he was always too drunk, he appeared dead, even more than Yar Ardua! Like a creek snake, he is very dangerous and deceitful. He is just too overwhelmed with "doing nothing" and yet he wants to rule us forever!
I dont mind a performing President ruling some full term but pleeeaasssse, this one is a joke, a bad "fresh" joke!

That is how bad, successive governments have been in Nigeria!
The worst one is ALWAYS better than the current one! Its not amnesia, REALITY!

I bet you, the next one after the daft one will be worse than OBJ, BAbangida, Abacha and Jonathan rolled into one. grin

But l agree with you. The problem is not the crazy Presidents we have been having, the Problem lies with we Nigerians because we are actually not fit for this country. We will end up like Yemen or Somalia very soon, the way we are going.

***Singing Nigeria jaga-jaga, ...Nigeria scatter-scatter.... Gbosaa-Gbosaa*******
..........ducks to avoid an Obasanjo E-slap.......

Lastpage!

36 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by chibaik(m): 4:19am On Dec 18, 2013
This letter goes a long way to tell the level of mess in this country. This is the man man going about castigating Goodluck, making us believe he is a saint. Does not even have a home at all not to talk of a happy one. And they are the people the ones ruling us. Sorry for this country.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Maxymilliano(m): 4:20am On Dec 18, 2013
This is unfortunate ...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BrabusNG: 4:21am On Dec 18, 2013
Regardless of all that IO-B must have written about her father, I'll rather focus on the allegations made in the first epistle of OBJ to the President.

OBJ is greedy, selfish, not a good father, an impostor etc. We all know that!

The current situation of Nigeria is greater than OBJ and his fallen dynasty. Let the dead bury their dead. Let not smaller issues matter to you. Let's not digress from the main thing jor!

If he likes, let him work for the Republicans against Obama. He's still a free man until he's proven otherwise.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by PopeXanderVII: 4:22am On Dec 18, 2013
Welcome to Nigeria.

Where everyone becomes a Saint when they become irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Kc3000: 4:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Brabus NG: Regardless of all that IO-B must have written about her father, I'll rather focus on the allegations made in the first epistle of OBJ to the President.

The current situation of Nigeria is greater than OBJ and his fallen dynasty. Let the dead bury their dead. Let not smaller issues matter to you. Let's not digress from the main thing jor!

If he likes, let him work for the Republicans against Obama. He's still a free man until he's proven otherwise.

You still want to believe a word that came out of Obasanjo's mouth. You need help.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Brabus NG: Regardless of all that IO-B must have written about her father, I'll rather focus on the allegations made in the first epistle of OBJ to the President.

God bless you, Brabus.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by PassingShot(m): 4:25am On Dec 18, 2013
fury: Can someone tell me how a sane country will continue voting for and supporting the same set of crooks who have been in power for decades with no significant improvement?

I think we deserve what we get! Our problem is neither OBJ nor GEJ nor BUHARI but the same set of gullible people who keeps on supporting them.

Are they the only set of people who can rule Nigeria?

Let us continue recycling garbage and keep on hoping for a better nigeria.

You're right to some extent but we have to consider that those leaders (read looters), having pauperized the people with their lootings, have then been able to also manipulate them with the looted commonwealth. It's a serious situation my friend. They've taken away the God-given sense of reasoning from most Nigerians in exchange for an insignificant fraction of what rightly belongs to them. Surely it will come to an end at some point and I sincerely hope the time is close by.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by 1009ja: 4:25am On Dec 18, 2013
People ultimately get leaders that reflect them.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:28am On Dec 18, 2013
andresia: What is this spoil over grown kid yapping about? What does she want from a father who even trained her abroad? Na wah
Exactly.. she is just frustrated that obj didn't let her steal like she would have loved to. She expected everyone and baba to pamper and enrich her because her father was the President. unfortunately for her.baba is one of the most prudent Nigerian alive.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Whoever is blaming Iyabo for not been a proper African cos of her write-up should shut-up! What have you gained from been “Proper Africans"? Bunch of hypocrites

7 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by drake22: 4:34am On Dec 18, 2013
payless: Wow! Like father, like daughter. Iyabo just confirmed what many of us know about her father. Obasanjo is a self centered man who takes no prisoner. Obasanjo is a provocative and vindictive man. He forgives no one that offends him. A trait common with the people of Owu. Sorry as no disrespect to any Owu.

What I see here is a daughter who is looking for relevance in public eyes. She did not address the allegation her father made about Jonathan. Did Iyabo benefit from the largesse stolen by her father? Iyabo is a beneficiary of so many juicy positions due to her father's status in Nigeria. She couldn't have been a commissioner of health or senator without her father and Maurice Iwu manipulating results in her favor. Iyabo herself is well known by her peers as someone who possesses the same traits as her father. Iyabo became a Senator through a cooked result by Maurice Iwu. This is the same Iyabo who jumped over 7-foot fence to evade arrest in 2008. This is the same Iyabo that has a pending case in court on corruption charges. She also needs to re-write this epistle again and tell us how much she benefited from her father being Nigerian President.

Having said all that above, Jonathan still owes Nigerians an explanation about allegations made by Obasanjo. These are valid allegations that must be investigated. If the allegations found to be true, Jonathan deserves to be booted out. If those allegations found to be untrue, then he deserves an apology from us.

MR AWOHENRI IFAYENI aka payless. Ur heart is full of hate.

CAVEAT EMPTOR

Someone needs to authenticate this open letter......................

Did Iyabo truly write this open letter?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Oyawuni(m): 4:34am On Dec 18, 2013
Do I call it a chain letter?
At least I know one part of the story.
I like to see a reply from Obasanjo....
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ccaramel(f): 4:35am On Dec 18, 2013
As much as I sympathize with Iyabo and whatever she must have gone through. He is still your father! I kept thinking to myself I could never write or speak to my father this way no matter how bad his choices are. Without him, we wouldn't know who iyabo is and she probably would never have been a senator. He made a name of himself, he was a President for crying out loud. This is not the way a child should belittle a father. I am very sure iyabo's mother would be very against this. This issue at hand is political not a family issue which are best not be aired in public. It seems the main gripe Iyabo has is Obasanjo being polygamous especially marrying Stella. Beef for your late stepmom.... Common there are lots of Yoruba families that have the exact same issues. He had a ton of kids and he was a very very busy man. He can't be running around looking for y'all. Not that Obasanjo is a saint but Iyabo is no saint either...How many husbands so far ehn?

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Larufa(m): 4:36am On Dec 18, 2013
True daughter of her father.

Like father like daughter!!!!!

Daughter denouncing her father!!!!

I am not surprise by the content of her letter, her mum and Awujale of Ijebu-land have said and written same about OBJ.

Overall i enjoyed reading it and appreciate are frankness.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by drake22: 4:37am On Dec 18, 2013
[quote author=drake22][/quote]

MR AWOHENRI IFAYENI aka PAYLESS. UR HEART IS FULL OF EVIL AND HATE. Your wife is dying and 24/7 you are on internet spreading hate.God will punish you.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 4:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Julieccentric: Whoever is blaming Iyabo for not been a proper African cos of her write-up should shut-up! What have you gained from been “Proper Africans"? Bunch of hypocrites

It is uncalled for in any tradition or society for a daughter/son to engage their Father in a public domain as a means to addressing family feuds.

Imagine If Chelsea Clinton suddenly confronted her father on the pages of Newspapers on his personal and political decisions.

This is just plain wrong on her part but in a way she may have exhausted all avaenues in passing her message to her father but this tends to be more of a salvo and repriminding of her own Father on the pages of the newspapers.

If anything at all, she should have put her family desputes aside and consider either the sacred position of Obasanjo as a father to her and/or his former exalted position as a former head of state.

She neither considered any of this and this says the following:

1. That she has lost any love or respect she has for OBJ as a father

2. She has thrown away tradition and customs and given that she is from an ethnic background that takes seniority talk less of parenthood very seriously she displayed that she is not in any way a cultured African Lady.

3. She totally forgot that any scandal between her and a father is a soil to the image of this country given that her father has ruled this country twice. This makes her totally unpatriotic and insensitive to our National Image coming from a former Minister and Senator.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BrabusNG: 4:39am On Dec 18, 2013
Kc3000:

You still want to believe a word that came out of Obasanjo's mouth. You need help.

How? You simply want me to believe a tale of 'Daddy beat mummy' over allegation of gross incompetence and corruption to the highest office in Nigeria.

You also need help!

For the 9ja dummies only:

Why is the letter just coming now? Could it be a case of IO-B working for Jonathan against his daddy who maltreated her? Or you think OBJ just grew worse?

Are we suppose to organise a pity party for the girl whose father treated worse than any other Nigerian? Think Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:45am On Dec 18, 2013
drake22:

MR AWOHENRI IFAYENI aka PAYLESS. UR HEART IS FULL OF EVIL AND HATE. Your wife is dying and 24/7 you are on internet spreading hate.God will punish you.

What is wrong with this id1ot? Thunder fire your mother. It is your mother and your grandmother who are dying. My lovely wife is doing just fine. Be a man and post from your real username. You didn't need to go dig up one of your monikers to attack my wife.

Hey you Ibo coward, be a man and face me from your real moniker and get your a.s.s whooped by me.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by USDRONE(m): 4:46am On Dec 18, 2013
Nigeria is a country ruled by irresponsible idiots, the people have refused to get more angry than they currently are that's why some few Clowns succeeded in holding the Nation captive. If Nigerians fail to realize that Nigeria is owned by Nigerians, then the current trend of captivity will forever remain constant.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by hayzed2: 4:50am On Dec 18, 2013
No reasonable daughter will talk to his father in
that manner in public no matter what. God
commanded us to honour our parents, in my
opinion even in every circumstance.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 4:51am On Dec 18, 2013
“Only Obasanjo can rule Nigeria”

OBJ is correct, this is why we need to split the country into 3.

By the way, according to Alfa Buhari Omo Musa, isn't this Iyabo character also a thief who plundered the national coffers?
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by DerideGull(m): 4:52am On Dec 18, 2013
drake22:

He is not called payless for nothing.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.