Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,010 members, 7,806,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:23 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father (77181 Views)

Obasanjo's Letter To Senate And House Of Representatives / Photo Of Obasanjo's Letter To Buhari: Much Harm Has Been DoneThe Military / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Goddex: 4:55am On Dec 18, 2013
luvmijeje: You called me after your vengeful letter as usual, looking out for yourself and thinking you will bribe me by saying the APC will use me for the Senate. Do you really know me and what I want out of life?

This part got my attention, which raised this question, Is Obasanjo working for APC? This doesn't look good for Jonathan.

Bros, you took the words out of my mouth on the bolded. Last week, it was reported that OBJ a meeting with Buhari at Ota.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by nkpommpko(m): 4:56am On Dec 18, 2013
Hmmmmm it has started,the wind is blowing
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 4:59am On Dec 18, 2013
hayzed2: No reasonable daughter will talk to his father in
that manner in public no matter what. God
commanded us to honour our parents, in my
opinion even in every circumstance.
Oboy OBJ sins too much, she has had enough of him

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by ojeka1(m): 5:02am On Dec 18, 2013
atlwireles: I took my time to read this letter twice. Goodluck has to explain his luck to Nigerians in one form or another. How can this letter show up in such a moment. Without replying OBJ, OBJ's daughter sent a nuclear bomb directly into his political heart. This man is finished in this land forever. How lucky can one person be in life. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I will never pick a fight with you. This is just surreal shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I Seconded!!!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by iykak47: 5:11am On Dec 18, 2013
I like that part of the good book that says ''touch not my anointed'', Baba God will always fight for Jonathan, he did not reply Obj but now the replies and public disgrace obj is getting is from an unexpected quarter, Iyabo, yes his own daughter.

5 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 5:19am On Dec 18, 2013
Am not surprised. Iyabo has always been someone I like to listen to while she was in the Senate. Thank God we still have people who think about Nigeria first. The whole truth will soon come out. It was God that put GEJ in that seat and let God fight for him.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Oduduwaisreal(m): 5:21am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo will never write this letter.
You can quote me on that
And if she did so
Egba will severely punish her
She will not win even a coucillorship post in Egbaland.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BlackBaron: 5:22am On Dec 18, 2013
Can best best be described as a clusterfuck of epic proportions.

This, Uncle Jo. and many more are the kind of leaders the citizens could vote into power?
'Damn'!
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by akymme(m): 5:23am On Dec 18, 2013
This cant be true, some like 2 months back i saw Iyabo and Baba Iyabo at the airport, and they were good together.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 5:25am On Dec 18, 2013
Some Nigerians are truly mumus fools by even imagining this letter comes from iyabo..............handiwork of someone profitting from GEJ clueless and incompetent government........
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by vislabraye(m): 5:27am On Dec 18, 2013
See wetin GEJ cause !! But OBJ family get problem oh !
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Nobody: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2013
just a thought on some of the comments; where do some Nigerians get their ideas from and how does their thought process work; a pastor/imam is accused of a crime. Time and time I read and hear stupid stuff like 'do not touch my anointed' or 'do not judge'.
The one creeping in now from one or two people is now 'obedience to one father' well obedience works both ways the holy books also admonishes parents to do the right thing so the children will respect them; Please if a man/woman of God is facing charges ; keep your touch not my anointed' message in your pocket, no sensible society grows with citizens that think that way.
let the law rule not the size of his bible/koran prevail.
on the letter IF really she wrote it(Vanguard newspaper is finished if she did not), then for me the message i took out is what most people have said; every nation deserves the leadership it gets; in the same week; Rotimi Amaechi is coming out to say our leaders from LGA to President act with impunity because nobody asks questions ; this letter drives home that point; our so called patience is really a weakness. Also for every one that said we should treat OBJ letter from the angle of the message and not the messenger I hope you remain firm in that principle and treat this new missive from that point.
I wish Nigeria well but a new way of thinking is important both from the citizens and the leaders.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 5:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Oduduwaisreal: Iyabo will never write this letter.
You can quote me on that
And if she did so

If his son can make a statement under oath in a court of Law alleging that his Father slept with his wife how can this
be far from the truth?

4 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by segzytemi(m): 5:30am On Dec 18, 2013
OBJ needs not reply this letter to save his lineage just as GEJ needs not reply his letter to save Nigeria... Nobody is above Nigeria but Nigerians are making OBJ to feel like............

Above all......... Nigerians are Nigerias enemy....

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by birdman(m): 5:30am On Dec 18, 2013
eGuerrilla: A heartfelt outpour shaped by years of parental neglect, laden with so many tragic turns.

I havent read the letter but obviously, this woman is still carrying a grudge, even though she is now old enough to have her own children. Parental neglect does inflict a special kind of damage. Neither the daughter or father wins on this sad

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 5:34am On Dec 18, 2013
You can quote me on that
And if she did so
What is this one saying? she said she is done with Nigeria abi u no sabi read..? By the way, did OBJ the win his ward?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by Opiosko: 5:41am On Dec 18, 2013
ralphelo: Some Nigerians are truly mumus fools by even imagining this letter comes from iyabo..............handiwork of someone profitting from GEJ clueless and incompetent government........
Hahahaa! son ur jesus of Otta has been demystified and disgrace by non but his own brood. Take it easy, deal with slowly time heals. Fressssssssssssh air till 2019 grin grin

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by drimpeccable(m): 5:44am On Dec 18, 2013
Tragic! undecided
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 5:44am On Dec 18, 2013
adavize: just a thought on some of the comments; where do some Nigerians get their ideas from and how does their thought process work; a pastor/imam is accused of a crime. Time and time I read and hear stupid stuff like 'do not touch my anointed' or 'do not judge'.
The one creeping in now from one or two people is now 'obedience to one father' well obedience works both ways the holy books also admonishes parents to do the right thing so the children will respect them; Please if a man/woman of God is facing charges ; keep your touch not my anointed' message in your pocket, no sensible society grows with citizens that think that way.
let the law rule not the size of his bible/koran prevail.

This is a golden rule from the Ten commandments from God to honor thy Father and Mother.

If your Father is irreconcilable to you then the best thing to do is to avoid contact with that person and the least is to resort to public condemnation on the pages of Newspapers.

There is no way you can excuse her behavior on any moral, religious or even on a statesman ship or public individual status. This story is more likely to find headlines for the Enquirer between Kim Kardashian and her Mom than between a former two-time President of the largest Black Nation and his daughter who happened to be a one time Senator and Former Minister of Federal Republic.

As for the "anointed" ; all powers comes from God and we all know the campaign of conspiracy against GEJ stops short at being military coup deta.

GEJ has continued to remain focused and least distracted. I find it hard that some people are at one point both defending Iyabo's action on modernity principle and also refuting the report as false to the point of ascribing it as originating from Aso Rock.
The latter is absolutely absurd as Iyabo is still alive and Vanguard will not dare publish such a scandalous letter if they were not sure of the author to which it was credited to in the first place. And finally I find it incredulous that the Aso Rock Staffers will be engaged in such cheap dirt smearing. I want to believe they have a Nation to run and that behaviour is an exclusive full time occupation of the Jobless political opposition et al Mallam El Rufai aka Twitter Mallam and APC chief liar , Lai Mohammed.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 5:47am On Dec 18, 2013
You can quote me on that
And if she did so

Then who wrote it Einstein?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by olatade(m): 5:47am On Dec 18, 2013
I won't be surprised if iyabo comes out to deny writing this "open letter",somtin is not right about the whole scenario.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jumobi1(m): 5:49am On Dec 18, 2013
ccaramel: As much as I sympathize with Iyabo and whatever she must have gone through. He is still your father! I kept thinking to myself I could never write or speak to my father this way no matter how bad his choices are. Without him, we wouldn't know who iyabo is and she probably would never have been a senator. He made a name of himself, he was a President for crying out loud. This is not the way a child should belittle a father. I am very sure iyabo's mother would be very against this. This issue at hand is political not a family issue which are best not be aired in public. It seems the main gripe Iyabo has is Obasanjo being polygamous especially marrying Stella. Beef for your late stepmom.... Common there are lots of Yoruba families that have the exact same issues. He had a ton of kids and he was a very very busy man. He can't be running around looking for y'all. Not that Obasanjo is a saint but Iyabo is no saint either...How many husbands so far ehn?

So because of that she should swallow up the bitter blood between them? The idea behind being a senator for some people is to serve and represent not to be a big wig. OBJ isn't bigger than Nigeria. For Nigeria to progress, we need people to speak up against wrong.
We are not to privy to what goes on in the OBJ family so we can't criticize her. We all have our limits.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 5:49am On Dec 18, 2013
Opiosko: Hahahaa! son ur jesus of Otta has been demystified and disgrace by non but his own brood. Take it easy, deal with slowly time heals. Fressssssssssssh air till 2019 grin grin

Charity begins at home.

God just reminded him that before he can claim to be on a National Salvage mission to save a whole Nation he should arrange matters at his own backyard.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by BishopMagic: 5:52am On Dec 18, 2013
olatade: I won't be surprised if iyabo comes out to deny writing this "open letter",somtin is not right about the whole scenario.

Off course she will later deny it. Just like they always do.

But denial is not necessary a rebuttal.

She will later claim the letter some how got leaked. Just as OBJ leaked his own letter after being ignored by the President.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by mikejustice: 5:52am On Dec 18, 2013
Iyabo! Iyabo!! Iyabo!!! How many times did i called u? U are an enbodiment of disgrace ' what crime your father has commited to deserve such an insult from you, remember that you have your own bad deeds as wel and it will be made known to the public by your own child one day.Remember! Your father is your father ,.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by sagbar(m): 5:53am On Dec 18, 2013
Nigeria is a country of joke and letters....I can't just help enjoying the comic relief that comes with open letters this days...Obasanjo writing jonathan(political son) and Iyabo(biological daughter) firing back at her biological Father in response to her political brother travails from 'their father'....I deey laugh oooooooo
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by wwwkaycom(m): 5:58am On Dec 18, 2013
This may not be true. So many contradictions. Did Iyabo contest for any elective post in 2003? No. Lets keep our fingers crossed anyway.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by eye4eye: 6:00am On Dec 18, 2013
Desperation of PDP is obvious here. Believe this poo at your own peril. I doubt this came from Iyabo Obasanjo.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by oluwafemi113(m): 6:01am On Dec 18, 2013
Not sure if this letter is real
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by jumobi1(m): 6:03am On Dec 18, 2013
mikejustice: Iyabo! Iyabo!! Iyabo!!! How many times did i called u? U are an enbodiment of disgrace ' what crime your father has commited to deserve such an insult from you, remember that you have your own bad deeds as wel and it will be made known to the public by your own child one day.Remember! Your father is your father ,.

If he truly embezzled $16billion that was supposed to go into the power sector then he deserves more than this. I don't get why people are upset with Iyabo if she truly wrote this. Today we poo on OBJ and when his daughter does the same some of us think she is wrong. Maybe she is on the people's side this time. If my father was a super thief (not saying OBJ is one because I can't prove it) I would expose him.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo's Letter To Her Father by basty: 6:05am On Dec 18, 2013
I have people's responses but found out that people are not objective. Nigeria will remain deranged if we fail to address our mindsets. Obasanjo is not a saint quite right but Jonathan is a corrupt and tribalist to be left alone. I can see that education is not reflecting in our lives as a people, is Jonathan ruling well? What OBJ pointed out are true and should not be whisked away because is coming from him. We all need to rise up and save our future.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Names Of Service Chiefs Sacked By President Tinubu / Ex-President Goodluck Jonathan Now Fat? / Caption This Photo Of Saraki Looking At Buhari During 2019 Budget Presentation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.