Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,889 members, 7,806,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? (19818 Views)

Justin Beiber Is Greater Than Fela, Sunny Ade And All African Musicians / Sunny Ade Vs Ebenezer Obey: Who Do You Prefer? / Orlandoh Owoh- The Kennery Master, Are You A Fan Like Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 1:09pm On Jun 19, 2006
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by nana(f): 2:06pm On Jun 19, 2006
His songs are cool and i've some of his songs on my mp3 player and some on my desktop.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by ikamefa(f): 3:09pm On Jun 19, 2006
i grew up listening to him i love :E dide,Alashe laiye,let them say,ibi won ri ,afai bawon ja
easy motion tourist,aye n reti eleya, ja funmi and so much more
check out this link for more of his songs:biochem.chem.nagoya-u.ac.jp/~endo/EAAde.html
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 4:22pm On Jun 19, 2006
i thought am the only sunny Ade freak here. My friends laugh at me for liking old school, but what can i do if thats what i enjoy.

"ja funmi" is a hit track on its own.

Does anyone knows of the old school track he sang at festac 77.

That was quite an old one.

How many KSA tracks can u sing by heart?.

I think i can sing at least 50 tracks!, without mincing words.

the newest album i know of his Divine shield. i listen to that every morning. and i cant stop.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by ikamefa(f): 5:31pm On Jun 19, 2006
cant sing any of his songs word for word by heart but i have some of his cds his songs are really cool
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by ikamefa(f): 8:42pm On Jun 19, 2006
to answer ur question i hope this helps:
Sunny Ade & His African Beats
Syncro Chapter 1 (LP; Sunny Alade SALPS 7)
[A] Syncro Feelings
[B] Oba Adeyemi (Alafin Oyo)

In London (LP; Sunny Alade SALPS cool
[A] Emi Agbadura
[B] Egbagbo Ndupe

Sound Vibration (LP; Sunny Alade SALPS 9)
[A] Kiti-Kiti / Eko T'Obi Komi / Orimi Maje Nsin Won Waiye / E Ma Se Fi Ijebo Sere / Alhaji Kamoru Oshinusi (Sir "K"wink
[B] Ode Ti P'Ogidan Soko / Ewe Ni Kaja / Telegen Losoro / Moshood-Balogun
tongue
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by omo07(f): 3:07am On Jun 20, 2006
I LOVE IT,
i was bred on KSA

ever since i can remember i've been listening to him,

lol i can thank my dad,

e dide, is a VERY good ALBUM!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by omo07(f): 3:08am On Jun 20, 2006
one question?
where do you download his music online?

does anyone have any fela downloads?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by omogenaija(f): 4:00am On Jun 20, 2006
I love King Sunny Ade. Baba ni.

anyone know that party bangga song that goes " ma fo wo kon be yen ijo ko ba mi jo " ??

i wanna get the cd but dont which album its on. undecided undecided
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2006
I know the track you talking about, i can't specifically tell the album( i know a lot of tracks that i forget the album title)
But i bet you can search it online at www.msn.com you can also buy each track for 1 dollar. you can alspo listen to the songs at this link
http://uk.music.yahoo.com/ar-294317---King-Sunny-Ade?refsrc=ysem

KSA is a great musician whose music seem ( i think am sure) to get plantinum in Nigeria.

That beat and rythm of his gives me great musical pleasure and also those yoruba licks, whenever my dad is around and he sings, we always do comeptition about the tracks and i sing it better than him.lol. he always get me because he knows some very very old track which he heard when he hasnt even met my mum. lol.
KSA, go on soun jooooooooo.

Sunny ti de, , alade ti de ariya, !

http://uk.music.yahoo.com/ar-294317-discography--King-Sunny-Ad
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by SvS(f): 10:04am On Jun 20, 2006
one word
love his music
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by diyobdw(f): 12:07pm On Jun 20, 2006
i grew up on KSA too.
I could barely understand what he was saying cos ma yoruba was poor but men i love the tune and form'd my own words of it. cheesy
He is the only artist of his genre that i have his album on every system i work with.
KSA songs are filled with melody and content.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by babwilms(m): 12:30pm On Jun 20, 2006
I'm a big fan of KSA. I can't go in a a day without listening to King Sunny Ade. I'm also a big fan of Orlando Owoh, Ebenezer Obey, Paul I.K. Dairo, Fela. I love their lyrics.

These are my favorites of his songs

Won ron mo loja
Esubiribiri Ebomi
E Bami Ra Baba
Baba Moke Pe O and many more

Infact i am planning to invite King Sunny Ade to play on my wedding day, hopefully he should still be around by then.

I normally ignore those that call me old school
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 12:49pm On Jun 20, 2006
@babwilms, "baba mo ke pe e o" is my track. if i am to do a statistics, i must have played that track over 5000 times. thats my best track. i listen and sing loud to it likeeeeeeeeee.

I wish my dad is interested in forums, would have challenged him on here, lol
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by babwilms(m): 1:57pm On Jun 20, 2006
Where in manchester do you reside? Coz i'm a student of Salford University in Manchester. I live in Clayton. I'll be back soon to paint town red.

baba moke pe o,
baba olu orun, olu lana, je ona mi ola peregede, je one mi o la
perege de la n ri oju oja, olu lana je ono mi ola
peregede la n r o ju osu.

My yoruba writing skill is not all that, i'll stop here
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by temitwice(m): 2:33pm On Jun 20, 2006
I luv his music. i was schooled by my father to wake up and sleep with sunny tunes in my head, Luv u Daddy, KSA 4 lyf.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 4:28pm On Jun 20, 2006
@babwhilms, i live in openshaw, bus 219. i loe salford UNI as well, but may move to university of southampton in september. i am an open university student and i work full time.

Itakun to ni kerin ma wodo
toun terin ni o lo
baba mo kepe e oooo
baba oluorun olulana
je ona mi ola perege
je ona mi ol laaaa

i am miming it seriously here.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by IAH(f): 7:31pm On Jun 20, 2006
Yeah, I love KSA too. I also grew up with his music playing in my house every morning, my Dad loves his music too much! I can sing some of his albums from Side A to Side B cheesy I especially like his contemporary ones though.
e.g.

Aye n reti Eleya mi o
Won n reti eleya mi o lojojumo
Won ti ko ra won jo o lati pegan mi
Won ni mi o mo ju ile adura lojojumo
Won ri mi lona ile adura won a maa pegan mi
Won a lo tun ti n lo etc cheesy

---------------------------------------------
Gbogbo ota mi, won o ni simi
Ota inu ile, won o ni simi
Otai ile ana, won o ni simi
Ota to n sebi ore si mi, won o ni simi
Wahala ni pa lekun, atikiri ni peran oje
{something something}
Ota o ni simi
Won a maa wipe, Holy Michael ko wa lo da
Baba wa lo da e
Ajagunsegun ode orun, Baba wa lo da e
Ani lori ota ko wa loda, Baba walo da e etc cheesy
-------------------------------
Ki leleyi o Eja Osan
Eja tutu Sokoyoto
Emi oni jeun ti oda
ki n laju mi sile
ki n wa fi sakuro saponleee
{something something}
Eleja tutu gbe waaaa
O ro dede! cheesy
-------------------------
Emi o ba won wa
Emi o ni ba won lo
Tori otooto larin wa
Sebi ile aye, ile aye yi la pade ara wa etc. cheesy
--------------------------------------
Sunny Ade Ma pa mi o
Owo Robb ti won
Ma kan mi nibadi
Ki n to dele cheesy
-----------------
And many many more. If I continue, this space no fit contain am! grin

babwilms:

Infact i am planning to invite King Sunny Ade to play on my wedding day, hopefully he should still be around by then.

My sister said the same thing! cheesy

And yeah I also like Shina Peters, Obey Commander, etc. but that's another thread lol cool

2 Likes

Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by beyonce1(f): 7:57pm On Jun 20, 2006
@IAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH grin grin

YE R SOME[b]f[/b]ING ELSE ! Were u once one of his band ?  cheesy cheesy
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by Shagari2(m): 12:03am On Jun 21, 2006
He's aiight, prefer his really really old stuff though, reminds of my late father.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:14am On Jun 21, 2006
@IAH, this track(below) is what i have been searching online for. i asked my dad to get that particular track(or the whole album) but he couldnt. do you have it on CD. can u post it on www.yousendit.com . i will be ever grateful for that if you can.

Ki leleyi o Eja Osan
Eja tutu Sokoyoto
Emi oni jeun ti oda
ki n laju mi sile
ki n wa fi sakuro saponleee
{something something}
Eleja tutu gbe waaaa
O ro dede!

Another track i love so much:
Ibi won ri ooo
ki won kigbe awa lo(2x)
ori ki fo mi
edo ki ri mi
otutu ki mu eja lale odo
a iki oddimode pe o ku roju
bi igi ba roro oni la ti ba igbo gbe
iwaju iwaju, lopa ebiti re si
ayunlo ayunbo
lowo yun enu
ate gbe lese tena
koriko terin ba ti te, ategbe ni laye
epo orogbo, ohun lo basiri orogbo
beni epo obi lo basiri obi
Epo atare, ni basiri atare
Awon olote, won dide ogun
won dide ogun oooo
won ranse pe adahunse
won ranse padahunse
woon be onisegun lowe
won be onisegun lowe
won yoi kumo yo kondo
won yo kumo yo kondo
won fe wo ile ola
won ni kaka keku ma je ere
afi se awadanu
orunmila ba yari pata o ranse pe oduduwa
oduduwa ba mura
o fase senu
o fase senu ooo
o pe ayajo le won lori
abere ko gbodo koun aso
konko, jkan ko gbodo kohun odo
eyin alaye, ema se koun awa
ibi won ri o ki won ki gbe re lo.

I love that so much( although most of it are kinda like incantations) but its one of my favourite licks. i wish i could use yoruba sign(do re and mi) on this and i will put it on.lol

Does anyone have KSA live play tape?
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by micklplus(m): 11:47am On Jun 21, 2006
Yeah, i love his music, the content, the arrangement and he has good grips of his band !

I have his C.Ds though, i dont get to listen to them during the week but, i dont miss the sensation of listening to them every weekend !

That beautiful Album - ODU
Shikishi ishapa
Eba mi rababa
Easy motion tourist e.t.c

Cheers
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by diyobdw(f): 6:56pm On Jun 21, 2006
@gbengaijot
i guess you can download it via p2p use are it safer for your system
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 8:53am On Jun 22, 2006
@diyo, i dont even know the track tiltle. i completely forgot.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by diyobdw(f): 10:04am On Jun 22, 2006
its okay
Just search KSA or sunny ade
good luck wink
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by IAH(f): 11:19am On Jun 24, 2006
Oh sorry Gbenga, I forgot to check back on this topic. I'm going to check all the CDs I have with me if Eja Osan track is there. I'll get back to you.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 6:26pm On Jun 24, 2006
@IAH, thanks o jare, please check oooooo,
Am waiting with my heart crosse(not fingers).
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 11:14pm On Jun 25, 2006
King Sunny Ade's music is really cool.  Does anyone know of any concert clips online or anything because I missed his last World Tour in 2005.  I want to see at least a clip of the concerts.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 2:30pm On Jul 11, 2006
gbengaijot , I heard about Divine Shield too. If u have any clips can u email it to me. I think it is only sold in Nigeria and I want to listen to it. Thank u.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by gbengaijot(m): 9:13am On Jul 12, 2006
@labiran, unfortunately i only have it on tape. If u live in the UK area, i can send u my copy or buy you one and get it posted.
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by labiran(m): 2:07pm On Jul 12, 2006
gbengaijot, unfortunately I am in the U.S. But if u can think of a way to send it, that would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!
Re: King Sunny Ade: Are You A Fan Like Me? by spikedcylinder: 2:26pm On Jul 12, 2006
Sunny Ade is a born entertainer and i love him to bits!I have been to watch his live performance a couple of times at Ikoyi Club.The guy is still doing his thing.
Recently,i saw a movie he stared that was made in the 80's or so LOPMOYAN or something like that,am not too sure.You need to see the way this guy was stepping!He's just too much.
I'm a huge fan.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Music Producer ID Cabasa Is Now A Pastor / Olamide's Wo Video Reaches 1 Million Views In Just 1 Week On Youtube / Top Ten Most Anticipated Nigerian Albums In 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.