Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,875 members, 7,802,810 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:21 PM

Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts (26373 Views)

September 23, 2015 Something Strange Is Going To Happen On That Day. / "MEND" Claims Responsibility For The SCOAN Disaster??? / Pictures Of People At Miracle-Healing River In Enugu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by sambas: 8:25am On Dec 18, 2013
It is a disaster waiting to happen- experts warn

In any case, medical experts are unanimous in their opinion that epidemics looms in the country if urgent measures were not taken.

In a chat with DailyPost, a medical expert, Dr. Taiwo Fasoranti called on the Enugu State Ministry of Health to intervene before dooms day comes.

“I don’t know what you mean by Miracle Water, although as a Christian, I will not say people should not get miracle from wherever they want.

“However, from the health perspective, what is happening in Nachi is not the right thing to do. People take their bath in the water; people defecate there, people urinate there, all kinds of sicknesses are brought into that water, yet people fetch and drink the same water. I can tell you that the Nachi Water is a ground work for disaster waiting to happen.

“I know that in this environment we have the community health workers, they have the ministry of health; they should take a look at that water; it is not hygienic at all; it is not a good thing to do; it is a stagnant water; it does not flow and in there, you come with your won illness, put it there, somebody else comes, puts his own there. It is really what we call disaster waiting to happen, and when the health implications will come, they may have forgotten their encounter with that dirty water”, Dr. Fasoranti warned.

Also from the Christian perspective, clerics have continued to call for caution, noting that it could be a way of operation by some River goddess.

An evangelist, Ogechukwu Uzuagu described it as part of the signs of end time, as Jesus had warned of a time when people will be running from one place to the other in search of miracles.

“Jesus said that He is the living water, that He is the bread of life, that He is the good shepherd; so we don’t need to run to any other object in search of miracle, all we need to do is to mention the name of Jesus Christ with faith and we will get our healing. So, if you are in need of any water that heals, Jesus is the Water and not to run to Nachi.

“So, I urge Christians to be cautious of the life they live, even in the Acts of the Apostles, where Paul used handkerchief, it is just a personal thing, it is not a general doctrine, we don’t have to go and start forming a handkerchief ministry.

“As Christians, let us remember that the just shall live by faith in Christ Jesus not on mysterious water. We should know what we drink, especially when it has to do with a River, many forces are involved”, he cautioned.

9 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Rexceedo: 8:48am On Dec 18, 2013
Wetin b una own? 'Jealousy' una want make people wey dey sell tins there hungry.
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by omobabe1(m): 8:50am On Dec 18, 2013
just fasin by walahi

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by ifyalways(f): 8:58am On Dec 18, 2013
This is what happens when people follow pastors like zombie,cannot access affordable healthcare and are naïve.

Btw,can't the ministry of environment cordon off the area?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Danhumprey: 9:06am On Dec 18, 2013
A disaster in the waiting! No verifiable proof of it healing power,yet people are trooping to it enmasse like soldier ants marching in search of food. SMH. undecided

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by AbuMikey(m): 9:21am On Dec 18, 2013

Its really beyond me, for People to call some spring-like river sort of, a healing water

So many people with Coconut brains

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by fingard02k(m): 9:24am On Dec 18, 2013
Blind man receives his sight in the pool.. Check the picture below.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Temismith(f): 10:35am On Dec 18, 2013
What shud I say ooooooooooppoooooooooooooooo.undecided
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by stevecantrell: 10:56am On Dec 18, 2013
If the river actually did appear from nowhere, it could be an underground river that finally broke thru the surface.

That means there could be more water under the 'river' maybe even a sinkhole.

Many types of disasters waiting to happen.
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by mjconcept(m): 11:23am On Dec 18, 2013
African mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by moderatorr: 11:41am On Dec 18, 2013
steve_cantrell: If the river actually did appear from nowhere, it could be an underground river that finally broke thru the surface.

That means there could be more water under the 'river' maybe even a sinkhole.

Many types of disasters waiting to happen.

we dont have sink holes here dude. go to US and Japan.

If i lived close to that area. As a sharp Igbo boy, i'll liase with my ever sharp igbo guys, cordone off the area and charge N200 for access to the river.
#millionaireMind

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by 740megawatts: 12:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Even the mystical Osun River is not besieged like this in such a profane manner. Is this a sign of poverty or illiteracy?

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Nobody: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2013
Soon we would see the inhabitants of the land arrange for some individuals to come and claim that they have received healing just for business to be booming... We know them and their cohorts angry angry
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Boicc(m): 1:36pm On Dec 18, 2013
740megawatts: Even the mystical Osun River is not besieged like this in such a profane manner. Is this a sign of poverty or illiteracy?
anuofia! Even ur wealthy amala yeriba brodas troop enmass to d place. The only investment ur yeriba brodas have in SE (especially enugu) is HERBAL MEDICINE. Telling us how one drug would make u last 10hrs in bed,cure syphilis and their likes. U need Jisos!

14 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Nobody: 1:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
no wonder we are like this in Nigeria. Fish brain,always attaching any form of sentiment to things.
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by stevecantrell: 2:02pm On Dec 18, 2013
moderatorr: we dont have sink holes here dude.

Ok, so explain the geographical anomaly behind this 'miracle'.
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by PezzoNovante(m): 2:04pm On Dec 18, 2013
shocked

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by christejames(m): 2:07pm On Dec 18, 2013
Its a miracle water na ...nothing will happen hv the faith!!!
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by geesilver(m): 2:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
A

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by 190theclown: 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
who lives in enugu to really confirm this story

does that water/river really heal people as they claim

someone please we need a video, pictures or something

this is an interesting development and i would like to follow up with the rest of the international world if its true smiley

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Chicolee(f): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Smh. May God shield them from Cholera.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Lilimax(f): 2:12pm On Dec 18, 2013
Just read on Facebook today that a mad man
was just healed on the river?
How true undecided?

I believe in miracles.
Afterall nothing shall be impossible for those that believe (Luke 1:37)
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Nobody: 2:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
Chicolee: Smh. May God shield them from Cholera.

Exactly my thoughts!!
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Gabrielsylar(m): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Some Igbos re just too crazy
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by glizengem(f): 2:16pm On Dec 18, 2013
Choi African mentality...... D@s y we r still d way we are :-XChoi African mentality...... D@s y we r still d way we are
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by glizengem(f): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Gabriel_sylar: Some Igbos re just too crazy
angry
Gabriel_sylar: Some Igbos re just too crazy
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Deybesee(f): 2:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
People will just be looking for problems to add to their problems at every nook and cranny of the world,which one is healing river again.
SMH FOR NIGERIANS

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by donted(m): 2:20pm On Dec 18, 2013
Boicc: anuofia! Even ur wealthy amala yeriba brodas troop enmass to d place. The only investment ur yeriba brodas have in SE (especially enugu) is HERBAL MEDICINE. Telling us how one drug would make u last 10hrs in bed,cure syphilis and their likes. U need Jisos!

Must u insult b4 u pass ur message? Haba.

3 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by optimism91(m): 2:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
190-the-clown:
who lives in enugu to really confirm this story

does that water/river really heal people as they claim

someone please we need a video, pictures or something

this is an interesting development and i would like to follow up with the rest of the international world if its true smiley
"They said" it does.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by homesteady(m): 2:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
I even thought that the water was flowing! shocked shocked
People will just be consuming disease! sad
Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by moderatorr: 2:24pm On Dec 18, 2013
steve_cantrell:

Ok, so explain the geographical anomaly behind this 'miracle'.
i dont owe u any geographical explanation smiley
Get to the river, wash ur illnesses away and wash in all the available water borne diseases in my dear state. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Healing River Is A Disaster Waiting To Happen – Experts by Sknda(m): 2:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
A wonderful daily morning devotional for You. www.gospelshower..com

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Donates Ambulance To Israel / "I Have Never Fallen Under Anointing Before, Is This Normal"? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.