Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,574 members, 7,809,092 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:51 PM

Indian Woman Miscarries 10 Babies In One Night (picture) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Indian Woman Miscarries 10 Babies In One Night (picture) (804 Views)

Meet Woman Who Had 7 Babies In 5 Years / Pregnant Woman Delivers 11 Babies In One Night (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Indian Woman Miscarries 10 Babies In One Night (picture) by yomifowe(m): 8:36am On Dec 18, 2013
In what's being called a medical record in India, a 28-year-old woman in Madhya Pradesh miscarried 10 babies in one night this week.

The Indo-Asian News Service reports that Anju Kushwaha delivered nine of the babies late Sunday night before she arrived at a hospital, where she delivered the 10th.

Doctors revealed Monday that all of the babies were dead at 12 weeks.

It appears fertility drugs may have contributed to Kushwaha's conception and unusually high multiple pregnancy. According to the Business Standard, doctors at the hospital said the miscarriages followed ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome -- a complication from fertility medication.

"It seems that that there was no regular follow-up of her pregnancy after [in vitro fertilization]," Dr. Sumitra Yadav, a senior gynecologist, told The Times Of India. "At least three offspring could have been saved by reducing the pregnancy."

While the birth of 10 children at once is rare, there have been other reported cases of doctors delivering a high number of babies in a single delivery. As Xinhua News Agency notes, a doctor in Rome claimed to have removed 15 from the womb of a 35-year-old woman in 1971.

Nadya Suleman, the "Octomom" who gave birth to eight babies in 2009, currently holds the Guinness World Record for most surviving children delivered in a single birth.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/12/16/10-stillborn-babies-delivered-birth-india_n_4455300.html?ncid=txtlnkusaolp00000592

Re: Indian Woman Miscarries 10 Babies In One Night (picture) by eve4real86: 11:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Na wa o. It would have been so painful for her to loose all of them just like that. But come to think of it....Ten children at once in the same womb? If I didn't see the pix I would not have believed this story.
Re: Indian Woman Miscarries 10 Babies In One Night (picture) by eve4real86: 11:51am On Dec 18, 2013
Wonders shall never cease.

(1) (Reply)

Please What Can Do To Make Home Go Smoothly With My Wife. Please Help Me Thank U / My Mother Beated Me ,what Should I Do. Should I Run?advice Pls / African Wedding Dance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.