Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,639 members, 7,801,859 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? (6075 Views)

Weavons To Wig.... / What Bra Size Is Considered Big? / Hair For Braiding (attachement Hair ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by wrex001(m): 12:33pm On Jul 31, 2008
To most ladies, putting in hair extensions feels like a confidence booster, like a man putting on a smart suit.

Recent figures show that British women spend a staggering £65 million a year on hair extensions. that is about five times more on lengthening hair than we did four years ago.

All in the name of fashion, money is spent on hair extension or attachement as it is commonly called, but has any one ever considered where this air comes from? I will be back to gist you, watch out!!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 1:04pm On Jul 31, 2008
~I was blown away by the figures myself when i realised just how high market extensions have become!!

~Watched Jamelia's "Who's Hair It Is Anyway On BBC one" now,am very much aware of  where some of the the extensions come from!!

* Of the head of Poor pre-teen/teenagers in Villages in Russia& some other countries . . . it is said Russian Women has the Finest Hair . . so the Younger the girl who hasnt experimented w/ her hair the better the Quality of the Extension!!

* In India its either the hair shaved off the women's head who are offering it to the Temple as they ask for favours & the temple in Turn sells the hair to provide food for the Hungry   

OR

* They are picked off dustbins well it was shown been done in Indiangrin these hairs are off hair brushes & Combs & they become the processed cheap ones . . .
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by iice(f): 5:28pm On Jul 31, 2008
Hmmmm undecided
All that money on hair? shocked shocked grin grin

Yeah i know i saw it also on TV.
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 6:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
~Its no longer a balck woman's thing to fix Extensions . . The white girls are In on it & its amazing how many of them have clip on Extensions . . . from the Celebs to the average girls paying as much as 400 pounds to have Extensions put in & to think the girls whose hair it is get paid peanuts!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by naijadiva2(f): 6:58pm On Jul 31, 2008
mohawkchic:

~I was blown away by the figures myself when i realised just how high market extensions have become!!

~Watched Jamelia's "Who's Hair It Is Anyway On BBC one" now,am very much aware of where some of the the extensions come from!!

*[b] Of the head of Poor pre-teen/teenagers in Villages in Russia& some other countries . . . it is said Russian Women has the Finest Hair . . so the Younger the girl who hasnt experimented w/ her hair the better the Quality of the Extension!![/b]

* In India its either the hair shaved off the women's head who are offering it to the Temple as they ask for favours & the temple in Turn sells the hair to provide food for the Hungry

OR

* They are picked off dustbins well it was shown been done in Indiangrin these hairs are off hair brushes & Combs & they become the processed cheap ones . . .

i didn't know that some of the hairs come from russia, i always thought that they came from korea and when i was younger, people used to joke and say that it (hair extension) were horse hair (don't know how true it is though).
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by bluesky4(f): 6:59pm On Jul 31, 2008
hair is hair, as long as it looks good, who cares undecided
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 7:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
~@ Naija_Diva neither did i . . . infact i'd never given it much thought to be honest!! LOL @ horse hair . . . another popular myth was it was dead people's hair  shocked it was only when i watched that documentary that i realised!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by bluesky4(f): 7:05pm On Jul 31, 2008
the russian human hair is the most expensive one. i thought it was common knowledge about russian hair. undecided

doesnt jamelia wear weves herself? i doubt the dustbin one is true
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by naijadiva2(f): 7:06pm On Jul 31, 2008
blue-sky:

hair is hair, as long as it looks good, who cares undecided

true, even the most expensive weave can look crappy if not worn properly.

mohawkchic:

~@ Naija_Diva neither did i . . . infact i'd never given it much thought to be honest!! LOL @ horse hair . . . another popular myth was it was dead people's hair  shocked it was only when i watched that documentary that i realised!!

see, i don't like the thought of wearing dead people's hair.
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2008
see, i don't like the thought of wearing dead people's hair

~Cant blame yah . . Who wud Anyways !! grin
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by wrex001(m): 8:02pm On Jul 31, 2008
Who says "hair is hair" Will anyone be surprise if the hair is gotten from a dead persons head Well, there is a live testimony by a fellow lady!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 8:08pm On Jul 31, 2008
~Surprised NoOoo but will i still wear it undecided
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by rampant(f): 11:20pm On Jul 31, 2008
wrex001:

Who says "hair is hair" Will anyone be surprise if the hair is gotten from a dead persons head Well, there is a live testimony by a fellow lady!

surprised?for what?ive heard about it ,so its no news

and i still wear them  cool
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by wrex001(m): 4:32pm On Aug 01, 2008
Check out this gist on http://instinct-mind..com its a live testimony by a fellow lady, a famous pop star, Jameila.
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by tpia: 6:26pm On Aug 01, 2008
in what way is Russian hair the finest hair? I havent personally noticed their hair being any different from other white people's hair. Maybe its just cheaper and easier to get Russian hair, thats all.

The longest hair comes from the mediterranean, middle eastern and Asian sides. Some Spanish people too.

The longest caucasian (or blondish) hair is debatable. There doesnt seem to be any noticeable or measurable difference based on country, that I can think of. Some people have longer hair than others, among whites, thats all.

@ topic: some attachments and wigs are made of synthetic hair.
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 6:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
in what way is Russian hair the finest hair?

~Am no Expert in determining the differences of Europeans Hair but the peeps in the Human hair extension biz says so . . . India is a close second . . . This is Quoted from the documentary!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by femigirl(f): 7:23am On Aug 02, 2008
I watch the documentary as well it was really interesting . I was amaze at how the Doctor could get DNA of the hair to say were the hair came from etc. Hair is really big business and it was sad to see that in large, poverty make people sell their hair. The India temples were selling the hair to feed the poor that was good. Jamelia seem quite upset with some of it, instead of crying about it she should use her fame to help the people, am I being hard?
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by wrex001(m): 1:01pm On Aug 02, 2008
Well Ladies, it seem no one cares where ever the hair comes from, like naija_diva said "hair is hair". I think this is a part of fashion madness, Anyways, here is a bit of Jameila's report;

Standing inside a Hindu temple in Chennai, India, I watch horrified as a two-year-old girl with long, dark tresses has her head shaved.

She screams as the clippers buzz around her ears and her hair tumbles to the floor.

She is clearly terrified and no doubt has little comprehension of what is happening to her.

Beside her, her mother is having her head shaved, too.

This is a religious sacrifice: the shaving represents a last-ditch plea to a higher power to save their home from being repossessed.

But to me, it appears to be the ultimate in exploitation.

Their hair is casually tossed into a bin, but it will never actually be thrown away.

Though they do not know it, soon their pigtails and plaits will be sold to hair dealers and then shipped on to the salons of Western Europe.

As I watch the lady and her daughter shuffle out, hopeful that this huge sacrifice will make some tangible difference to their lives, I make a promise to myself that I will never wear hair extensions again.

readmore here, http://instinct-mind..com

Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 1:06pm On Aug 02, 2008
Jamelia seem quite upset with  some of it, instead  of  crying  about it  she  should use  her  fame to  help the  people, am I  being hard?

~I watched Jamelia present BB9 Big Brother's Big Mouth all week & she's still sporting her natural hair . . . i was surprised by that . . althu i must say i have wondered had her Extension she traced through DNA had happened to be Exploited off the head of those poor Russian girls!!will that stop her from buying extensions? Hell No!! grin

~Realistically thu what can she do about it? The company's that do sell human hair will claim they're paying good money for it,but bear in mind the there's no way of reaching out to that group of people who are fullfilling consumer demand by targeting remote villages & exploiting these girls for their own personal gain!!

~As a popstar Jamelia relies on her extensions to "Become A Diva" & there's no way of her knowing whoose head that hair was shaved or cut off from , how many women will she have to trace through DNA everytime she wants to put an extension in to know the reason/s why they sold their hair/how much were they paid for it oR what Traditonal reasons lead some woman to shave her hair off  undecided grin .

~I suppose her doing the documentary is her way of at least throwing light on "Whose Hair It Is" I doubt it'll go any further than that!!

~It's not a fair world,too bad the Girls & Women selling their hair arent getting paid well enough for it . . . at least there's some comfort in knowing hair grows back!!   cool
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by UNLEASHED(m): 8:39pm On Aug 03, 2008
Oh! stupid me, i once thought it's a kind of thing made from the factory! aarggh! oohh!! i see!!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by fellybabe(f): 2:41am On Aug 04, 2008
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by Viante(f): 9:48am On Aug 04, 2008
There is human hair and there is synthetic

take ur pick!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by yongbabe(f): 4:04pm On Aug 04, 2008
Viante:

take your pick!

true
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by wrex001(m): 6:02pm On Aug 05, 2008
Synthetic or natural hair, why must u use an extension before u can look ur best
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by mohawkchic(f): 6:54pm On Aug 05, 2008
Synthetic or natural hair, why must u use an extension before u can look your best

~Why Not!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by skyangel(f): 12:28pm On Aug 06, 2008
Viante:

take your pick!

Do they actually sell real human hair? so surprising !!!
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by Ubiero(f): 3:25pm On Jun 10, 2009
Haba now.One might as well get a friend from one of those countries and tell her to sell you her cut hair every 2 months.Instead of thinking up ways to make your hair look longer with natural means,you are busy buying other peoples hair.
TOO BAD
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by JJYOU: 3:39pm On Jun 10, 2009
Ubiero:

Haba now.One might as well get a friend from one of those countries and tell her to sell you her cut hair every 2 months.Instead of thinking up ways to make your hair look longer with natural means,you are busy buying other peoples hair.
TOO BAD

it is the microwave generation. i want it here and now. cant wait
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by tpiah: 5:23pm On Jun 10, 2009
funny how some churches used to talk about the very same information contained in this documentary but instead of presenting hard evidence to explain their fear, would divert to vague discussions about mammy water.

This Jamela looks Nigerian sha.
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by oyinda3(f): 9:51pm On Jun 10, 2009
tpiah:

This Jamela looks Nigerian sha.

she looks jamaican to me. lol
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by origina9ja(f): 11:34am On Jun 11, 2009
grin cheesy cheesy
mE DONT CARE
ASFAR I LOOK GOOD WITH THE HAIR
Re: Has Any Lady Ever Considered Where Hair Attachement Or Wig Comes From? by angelshalo: 6:05pm On Mar 02, 2011
ANGELS HALO is also looking for a sales agent all around Nigeria!

On behalf of Angels Halo I would like to introduce our company. Morris Trading Corporation Malaysia is the mother company of Angels Halo. We are manufacturing and supplying all kinds, types, styles and colors of Human Hair Wig, and all our wigs are made of 100% Real Human Hair either Virgin hair or Remy hair. We have been in the business of Human Hair Wig for the past 5 years. For the past five years we are successfully supplies our products to our numbers of retailers and dealers in Malaysia only. We do not retail our products to an individual buyers due that we do not want to compete with our clients. It has been our endeavor to provide high quality products at very competent prices.

Last January 2011, I went to Nigeria and I saw the demand of Real Human Hair Wigs, Weave-on and Extension. However, I noticed the high prices of those items. According to our research the Real Human Malaysian Remy Hair that are selling in Nigeria are came from China. And I noticed that some are not a pure Real Human Hair.

To this effect, we would like to offer our genuine, 100% Malaysian Human Hair at affordable prices. And we are guarantying to you the quality of a Real Malaysian Human Hair with beauty, vitality and longevity. Malaysian Human Hair have its natural state is thick and soft, it is incredibly versatile!

We also supply Indian and Brazilian Human Hair Wigs. Those wigs are manufactured in Malaysia but the hairs are come from our suppliers in India.

For further information you may call our Malaysian Office at +60166764681 or you may send us an email at angels.halo@ymail.com

ANGELS HALO is also looking for a sales agent all around Nigeria! All you have to do is to sell our Human Hair Wig products to the dealers, suppliers and retailers in Nigeria. You can do this part time or full time. This is a commission basis with big earnings! Take note, 3% of the selling price of the product will be yours! No need to invest, your buyers will invest for you! From the first payment of the buyer you will receive your commission immediately in cash or we will deposit thru your bank account.

We will assign a representative in Nigeria to assist you. Our representative will assist you to arrange your sales, payment and legal contract for the buyers. We can also provide brochures and sales and marketing proposals for you.

There are a lot of Asian workers, students and house wives who have tried to do this business and it help them financially. If you have a contact already, this is an advantage for you!

If you are interested to join in our new family in Nigeria, you may call our Malaysian Office at +60166764681 or you may send us an email at angels.halo@ymail.com

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Presents His 1st Cloth Line In Milan / Tips! Tips!! Tips!!!! How To Earn Extra Income In This Recession / Winner Of The 'best Behind' In Afro Model 2013 Awards (PHOTOS )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.