Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,437 members, 7,808,562 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:29 PM

Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President (28513 Views)

Zuriel Oduwole With US Top Executives - Photos / Zuriel Oduwole Who Interviewed Buhari Has To Say This After The Encounter / 13-year-old Zuriel Oduwole Interviews Buhari In The US(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 11:06am On Dec 18, 2013
This video is about an 11 year old Nigerian-American, Zuriel Oduwole. She plans to be a future US President!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2RTs3w1d08&feature=c4-overview&list=UUBzu4YqGiBxBD8pq8NiBuKw
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Built2last: 11:17am On Dec 18, 2013
Go kid, there is nothing impossible under heaven. if I was your father i will push all funds for your build up towards that dream. Guide you on the choice of course of study, books and associations to join. Above all you need God. He alone guarantees life and good health to see that dream come through.

Tony Elumelu was asked to introduce himself in a bank in 1983, He said i am Tony Elumelu, a future Bank CEO in the making.

He rose to be it and surpassed it.

go kid.

32 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Tolexander: 11:20am On Dec 18, 2013
May God help you sister and protect you from those men that are interested in using their d1ck to change the destiny of the ambitious gurls.

22 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: May God help you sister and protect you from those men that are interested in using their d1ck to change the destiny of the ambitious gurls.

Amen!

9 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Afam4eva(m): 11:26am On Dec 18, 2013
I watched her on STV this morning and must say that she's a very intelligent girl for her age.

2 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Built2last: 11:27am On Dec 18, 2013
Zuriel Oduwole, 1o, who lives in California in the United States last week made history as the youngest person to be interviewed by Forbes. Miss Oduwole, who was an invited guest to the African Union 50th anniversary, has interviewed leading African personalities, including eight African Presidents, Africa’s richest person Aliko Dangote and tennis super stars – Venus and Serena Williams. In this online interview with Lekan Otufodunrin, Zuriel gives an insight on her incredible feat and her Rebrand Africa project to make a case for the girl-child in the continent.

What is the origin of your interest in media and communication, especially personality interviews?

The origin of me creating documentaries started with a school project. When I was nine, I entered a school competition called, “National History Day.” And I was the youngest student to enter the competition. In that competition, I had to create a presentation, an exhibit, a performance, or a documentary.

So I chose to do a documentary, because I thought using media would be a better way to show something positive about Africa. If I did a performance or a presentation or an exhibit, no one, besides the judges, were allowed to come into the room while I was presenting it.

But with a documentary, whoever wanted to come in and watch it could. So if I did a documentary, more people would be able to see Africa in the way I see it.

And that documentary could lead on to positive and greater things for Africa. I like to show the rest of the world the positive things about Africa, through my documentaries. One of my documentaries won an award in the largest county in the United States. My documentary has also chronicled the impact of the OAU on Africa. Do you know I write my own scripts, I produce my own documentaries, I shoot my own scenes, I do my own voice over, I edit my own documentaries, and I co –direct my documentaries. I am an African Child – a Nigerian Girl Child.

How much of your Nigerian and African heritage has impacted on your life?

Oh I would say a lot. Since I want to show the world the positive side of Africa, my African heritage has helped me a lot. I know where my roots are from on the African continent because my dad’s family and my mum’s family are from two different parts of Africa, and I lived in Africa in both regions for periods of time.

I have not always lived in California. So, when I watch the news, I always see bad things being said about Africa, like the wars and famine going on. And I don’t like seeing those things being said about my home country, even though it happens. It is how they say it that is unfair.

If I was American, I would still want to help Africa. But because I am African, I feel the need more to help Africa than I if I was just American. It is like helping your own people.

There are some problems, like the power going off. But do you know that there are times the power goes off in the United States as well. The only difference is they fix it very quickly, or bring it back very quickly. So, we all need to help.

I read in the papers that General Electric is now in Nigeria doing the power. That is very good, because the children need to study at night for school.

Why are you passionate about your Dream up, Speak up and Stand up for African renaissance campaign?

I think my programme, Dream up, Speak up, and Stand up will help the new African era, by helping the girl- child. It is the best way I can help. Other people do things as well like have foundations, or do charities and raise money, but for me, my best way is to work very hard, and be an example. So that means when I say Dream up, they can see I am living the dream and so can they, when I say Speak up, they can see me speaking to World leaders, and when I say Stand up, they can see me standing up for the African Girl child. Also, I am hoping that the parents of girls in Africa will see me as an example, and see that their girls have a lot of potential in life, and can achieve great things in life. Even though they might have very little as some of them do, they can still push harder to get their girls to school, or find more ways to get them educated.

When I launched the project in Nigeria in March this year, it was very good to have the support of the Lagos Business Schools communication’s department, the US Consulate in Lagos, Protea Ikeja Hotel and Federal Palace Hotel too. They supported the project. So now, I am going to other regions of Africa to launch the project next.

What is your impression of the African leaders and others you have interviewed and what advice do you have for them?

First I have to say the whole experience was really cool. They were all very kind and very warm and friendly to me. I think some of them were surprised by my questions, because only one of the Presidents I have met asked me to send the questions before I arrived for the interviews.

The other seven did not. For example, President Ellen Johnson of Liberia by the time when I asked her the third question said to me you are a tough interviewer, and everyone laughed.

Also, when I asked President Jonathan how much Goodluck his name has brought to Nigeria, he laughed as well, and then answered. President Fonseca of Cape Verde said he was one a University Professor and has seen many questions, but none like mine, and he invited me to come to his country to inspire the girls.

President Joyce Banda of Malawi was also surprised by my question. She said when she was my age, she never dreamt of doing things like I was doing, but that she is inspired that I have the boldness to go and interview heads of states.

Some Presidents hugged me after the interviews, some called me their daughter, some kissed me on the head; they were all very kind. And when I saw some again at the AU last May, they were excited to see me again, like President Kikwete of Tanzania. He spent some time talking to me and kept his entourage waiting. I saw people asking who that girl is. It was a special time for me.

President Kufuor was also happy to see me again at the AU because I had interviewed him last year in Kumasi, and he remembered me very well. He then introduced me to his friend, President Obasanjo, and then we took pictures together. I don’t have any advice for them because they are older, but I like everyone to know that educating and fighting for the education of the Africa Girl Child, is an investment in Africa. I hope you think so too.

What is your reaction to being touted as the next Larry King?

I am just doing my best. Larry King has accomplished many great things in his life. He, like me, has also interviewed many people like sports persons, leaders of countries, leaders in business and we all do it for many reasons. He has done many great things at his age, and that is Larry King.

I have also tried to accomplish some things but because I want to show what the Girl Child can do, if they are educated, and encouraged. Just imagine all 5, or 8, or 10 or 12 year olds especially in Africa being given an opportunity to go to school and have real dreams.

It means Africa would be a more developed and have more qualified leaders 10 years from now or 15 years from now. Because it means we would be 20 years old or 25 years old or 30 years old then.

How supportive are your parents in your campaign?

My mum and dad have been very, very supportive from the beginning. They are always supportive of me and my young siblings. It doesn’t matter if its Basketball, Music class, Soccer, or Cheerleading, they are always supportive and drive us to all our classes and events.

Sometimes, I think it is a lot especially when me and one of my parents have to travel overseas for my interviews with Presidents because they have to make sacrifices like ask us to chose between something we wanted to do or me and my parent for the travel.

I had to learn the meaning of opportunity cost when I was eight years old. Dad said it means choosing between two things and which one has the more value than the other, or which one would have the more potential in the future.

[/b][b]

7 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 11:29am On Dec 18, 2013
Afam4eva: I watched her on STV this morning and must say that she's a very intelligent girl for her age.
She sure is. Her composure is akin to that of an adult.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 11:46am On Dec 18, 2013
She could be the first Black female President of the US.

3 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 11:51am On Dec 18, 2013
^^^Okay
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
Obama broke the color barrier and won it...Anything is highly possible on this earth we live in. Wish her good luck, its gonna be tough though

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by DonaldGenes(m): 12:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
She just incredibly wowified me-Am so sublimely impressed

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 18, 2013
Donalð Genes: She just incredibly wowified me-Am so sublimely impressed
U dey try grin I see her becoming a beacon of light to many Black folks around the world.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by mysticgal(f): 12:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
i watched stv this morning and saw her speaking,and i asked myself some important questions,but one thing is sure;zuriel is going far!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by IAMBREEZY: 1:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
If she believe in herself then she can,she's just a wonderful kid.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by JbravoAdodger(m): 1:31pm On Dec 18, 2013
Go big or go home... U go girl!!

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 1:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
go girl,you can achieve and surpass your dream. Whatever a man can think,he can achieve it.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Yemlizzy(f): 3:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan:
She sure is. Her composure is akin to that of an adult.

Exactly, she is quite a brillant chap, pray she achieves her dreams cheesy

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Ricovendetta(m): 3:25pm On Dec 18, 2013
She'll achieve her dreams if only she learns to overlook prick in her teenage years. lipsrsealed cause na that shit dey mar young ladies.

4 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by texanomaly(f): 3:29pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan: She could be the first Black female President of the US.
Was she born in America?

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by texanomaly(f): 3:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
She is certainly an intelligent girl. If she continues to work hard, and meets the requirements, there is no reason why she would not have as good a shot as anyone else to become president of the United States.

The reason I ask if she was born in the USA is this:

Qualifications for the Office of President

1. Natural born citizen
2. At least 35 years old
3. Been a resident for at least 14 years before being eligible

Age and Citizenship requirements - US Constitution, Article II, Section 1
No person except a natural born citizen, or a citizen of the United States, at the time of the adoption of this Constitution, shall be eligible to the office of President; neither shall any person be eligible to that office who shall not have attained to the age of thirty-five years, and been fourteen years a resident within the United States.

Status as a natural-born citizen of the United States is one of the eligibility requirements established in the United States Constitution for election to the office of President or Vice President. This requirement was intended to protect the nation from foreign influence.
The Constitution does not define the phrase natural-born citizen, and various opinions have been offered over time regarding its precise meaning. A 2011 Congressional Research Service report stated that
The weight of legal and historical authority indicates that the term "natural born" citizen would mean a person who is entitled to U.S. citizenship "by birth" or "at birth", either by being born "in" the United States and under its jurisdiction, even those born to foreign parents; by being born abroad to U.S. citizen-parents; or by being born in other situations meeting legal requirements for U.S. citizenship "at birth". Such term, however, would not include a person who was not a U.S. citizen by birth or at birth, and who was thus born an "alien" required to go through the legal process of "naturalization" to become a U.S. citizen.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Ptoocool(m): 5:43pm On Dec 18, 2013
Of α surety,,she have α dream...
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Big4wig(m): 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
I love kids with great ambitions no b like all does warri boys wey dey find who to kidnapcheesy.

#BIGWIG

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by free2ryhme: 5:45pm On Dec 18, 2013
Ok nah

U aRre nbR 900 million
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
^^
She was born in the US, so should be qualified to run for Presidency or Vice Presidency.

So the Congresional Research group now concluded that people born abroad to US citizens, qualify as natural born citizens... Interesting development.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Otunbab: 5:46pm On Dec 18, 2013
Amen oo, make e better for am jare.

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by geesilver(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: May God help you sister and protect you from those men that are interested in using their d1ck to change the destiny of the ambitious gurls.
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm......let me say amin. Who are those men
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by manny4life(m): 5:48pm On Dec 18, 2013
Very intelligent and I must say VERY BIG ASPIRATION... I wish her success in her endeavor, and if she meets the presidential requirement particularly if she was born here, then Glory be to God... Nigeria may well have a U.S. President someday. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
I am more concerned the effects of the parents's 'hothousing' of young Zuriel.

She is clearly not developed enough to be put under the pressure of constantly being under the spotlight

6 Likes

Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by 50calibre(m): 5:49pm On Dec 18, 2013
KingMEXX: Obama broke the color barrier and won it. ..Anything is highly possible on this earth we live in. Wish her good luck, its gonna be tough though

Not quite!! People forget Obama is mixed, he's got blood links that can be traced down to Europe.

When we see a proper black man in the White House, the Wesley Snipes type, then we will know. Anyways Obama winning was a step in the right direction.

Maybe someday, this girl will be president, good luck to her.
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by manny4life(m): 5:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
CFCfan: ^^
She was born in the US, so should be qualified to run for Presidency or Vice Presidency.

So the Congresional Research group now concluded that people born abroad to US citizens, qualify as natural born citizens... Interesting development.

Well, hasn't this issue been flogged at SCOTUS?

#Justasking
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
She's brilliant!
Re: Zuriel Oduwole Wants To Be US President by freda506(f): 5:51pm On Dec 18, 2013
cool!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Jubilation, Cheers As Philanthropist, Ikwechegh Arrives Kalu’s Dad Memorial(Pix) / Ariwoola Kayode, CJN Was Born In 1954: Five Other Points To Note About Him / The Timeline Of Petrol Price Increments In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.