Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,341 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:35 AM

Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? (615 Views)

Asking For 10years Experience From Young Job Seekers; Wickedness Or Not? / Meet The Employers.(mte) Who Is With Me On This? / Experience From The NIS Interview And Advice! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by lafex: 1:08pm On Dec 18, 2013
As a fresh graduate, I applied to a company as a generator maitenance engineer. After a series of tests I was invited to meet the MD of the company. He then ask of my experience on generator and I told him that I am very familier with 100KVA and 300KVA generators.
I doubt your competence to work with, he replid
But why sir, I asked.
He said that I cant handle 1.5MVA generator that he want me to work with because it is much more bigger than the ones I am familiar with.
What am thinking about is why is it that most of the coys expecially in engineering dont train their new employee? Or they want us to bring experience from heaven?
If you have any similar experience please share
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by QtKatie(f): 2:10pm On Dec 18, 2013
Thank Ɣ☺ΰ very much for that question. Its a serious issue. ℓ wonder how a fresh graduate is expected τ̅☺ have experience.
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by Ene101(m): 2:32pm On Dec 18, 2013
The truth is that most of this Coy are after cheap labour, hence they don't want to spend money in training staff.
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by donfemo(m): 3:14pm On Dec 18, 2013
My brother every sector of the Nigerian Economy is not working o, they want us to have experience without jobs, some even want you to have experience below 25 years of age. The private sector is equally the same with the government, no one is really doing things to help the people, its all for selfish interest.
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by lafex: 3:30pm On Dec 18, 2013
Some coys even specify age to be 25 and 2yars post nysc experience and minimum of 2-1 in which it is never possible for someone to have all these.
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by lafex: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2013
donfemo: My brother every sector of the Nigerian Economy is not working o, they want us to have experience without jobs, some even want you to have experience below 25 years of age. The private sector is equally the same with the government, no one is really doing things to help the people, its all for selfish interest.
Is it ever possible to get experience without job?
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by lafex: 7:54am On Dec 19, 2013
Ineed contribution from others so that we can learn from our experiences in finding job
Re: Do The Employers Want Us To Bring Experience From Heaven? by meetgaya: 12:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
lafex: Is it ever possible to get experience without job?
yes, do volunteer's work (unpaid job) and have experience in those areas of your career. they will be the one to act as a referee as you past job.

(1) (Reply)

Fresh Graduate & Experienced Recruitment At Cool TV / Wazobia TV / Dominiteconsults ISO Consultant Trainees 2014!!! / URGENT:Project/Office Administrator needed At Piston&fusion Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.