Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Foods For Headache - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Foods For Headache (1202 Views)

How Do I Organize My Finances /bills Without Having Headache / Constant And Severe Headache During Pregnancy: What Solution? / My Partners Sister Controls The Family, She Has Become A Headache (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 2:27pm On Dec 18, 2013
Sufferers of headache know just how debilitating they can be. Headaches occur in millions of individual across the country,and they have a myriad of different of different causes. Improper nutrition can easily be the cause of a headache. Here are some foods that could relieve your headache and get you back to feeling good in no time.

* Salad; If you wake up with a pounding headache from partying too hard from the night before,your pain may be in part from dehydration. One great meal to help rehydrate yourself is salad. Lettuce leaves are high in water and fibre,which will make your body feel great.
* Coffee: In moderation,coffee can be a great fix for a pounding headache. Caffeine is a vasoconstrictor, which means it can reduce the size of blood vessels. In excess,this can cause a headache.
However,one cup of coffee could help tame a difficult migraine. Coffee can reduce the the release of histamine in your blood, which will calm allergic reactions and save your head from pounding pain.
* bananas: bananas are a great food to eat when trying to relieve a stubborn headache. They are high in magnesium,which can relax your blood vessel and ease head pain. They are also high in pottasium,which is an essential part of your electrolyte balance.
*Spicy foods: If seasonal allergies or the flu have head pounding,try snacking on spicy foods. Consuming spicy foods can relieve congestion,which will reduce sinus pressure and open up your airways. Chili powder is also packed with Vitamin E. This nutrient can relax your blood vessels,helping give relief to a sore head.
* bread: Whole grain bread is a great food for people suffering headaches or migraines. The unprocessed grains release carbohydrates slower than white bread, which can replenish your your physical energy. If you have started a new diet, headaches can be common as your body get used to its new fuel sources.
Remember to consume healthy carbohydrates for complete nutritional health,some simple toast with butter could be the ticket to a pain free head.

Source: activebeat.com/ diet

1 Like

Re: Foods For Headache by immortalcrown(m): 2:33pm On Dec 18, 2013
Wonderful prescription.

1 Like

Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 5:03pm On Dec 18, 2013
immortalcrown: Wonderful prescription.

You can say that again cheesy

1 Like

Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 5:21pm On Dec 18, 2013
* bananas: bananas are a
great food to eat when trying
to relieve a stubborn
headache. They are high in
magnesium,which can relax
your blood vessel and ease
head pain. They are also high
in pottasium,which is an
essential part of your
electrolyte balance.
i very believe the banana prescription curing headache. Cos banana is the best food monkeys ever like, and i've never heard of monkeys complaining having an headache even while rigorously pulling stunts turning the head upside down accrobatically.

Yorubas do say 'ori ki fo obo'(monkeys don't have headache).
Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 5:28pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: i very believe the banana prescription. Cos banana is the best food monkeys ever like, and i've never heard of monkeys complaining having an headache.
Hahahaha 'monkey' funny you, what a comparism.
Re: Foods For Headache by Nobody: 5:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Good tips poster.
I actually stopd drinking coffee bc of addiction and migraine however my best theraphy for headache remains good rest.
Nothing beats that for me

1 Like

Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 5:54pm On Dec 18, 2013
yellowpawpaw: Good tips poster.
I actually stopd drinking coffee bc of addiction and migraine however my best theraphy for headache remains good rest.
Nothing beats that for me
Thanks,you very correct, a pleasurable rest supercedes all said and done wink
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 5:57pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: i very believe the banana prescription curing headache. Cos banana is the best food monkeys ever like, and i've never heard of monkeys complaining having an headache even while rigorously pulling stunts turning the head upside down accrobatically.

Yorubas do say 'ori ki fo obo'(monkeys don't have headache).
grin grin Do you hear them speak of other things?
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 6:15pm On Dec 18, 2013
Yemlizzy:
Hahahaha 'monkey' funny you, what a comparism.
i've edited the post. You can go back to review it.
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 6:18pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vivly: grin grin Do you hear them speak of other things?
ya, i do watch their chattering in the documentaries and real life.
Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 6:40pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: ya, i do watch their chattering in the documentaries and real life.

hmm cheesy
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 9:19pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: ya, i do watch their chattering in the documentaries and real life.
Wow! So you understand the chattering of monkeys?
The theory of evolution is true.
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 9:37pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vivly: Wow! So you understand the chattering of monkeys?
The theory of evolution is true.
sure!
I have completed my evolutionary trend anyway. Am a Homo sapien that has passed through the previous trends and still have a memory of what they were.
Just like an graduate with a very strong knowledge of what he learnt while passing through primary school.
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 9:42pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: sure!
I have completed my evolutionary trend anyway. Am a Homo sapien that has passed through the previous trends and still have a memory of what they were.
Just like an graduate with a very strong knowledge of what he learnt while passing through primary school.
wow! Yet again, you suprise me. Understanding the chattering of monkeys. Are you the missing link in the evolutionary chain?
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 9:50pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vivly: wow! Yet again, you suprise me. Understanding the chattering of monkeys. Are you the missing link in the evolutionary chain?
seems you are trying to say am subhuman?
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 9:58pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: seems you are trying to say am subhuman?
Not at all. I'm just wondering why a fully evolved homo sapien would understand the chattering of monkeys. Is there something you're not telling?
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 10:35pm On Dec 18, 2013
Vivly: Not at all. I'm just wondering why a fully evolved homophobic sapien would understand the chattering of monkeys. Is there something you're not telling?
ah vivly!
We've successfully derailed the thread.
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 10:39pm On Dec 18, 2013
Tolexander: ah vivly!
We've successfully derailed the thread.
wow! It was a success! A great feat!
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 7:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Vivly: wow! It was a success! A great feat!
you want me to recieve my 1st ban from the moderator?
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2013
Tolexander: you want me to recieve my 1st ban from the moderator?
like seriously, you've never been banned?
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 8:26am On Dec 19, 2013
Vivly: like seriously, you've never been banned?
sure!
Was only banned once by mukina for 'end time things' for 3days but freed the following day.
Sister, we are derailing the thread o!
Re: Foods For Headache by Vivly(f): 8:40am On Dec 19, 2013
:

Really?
Then trust me, that means you haven't started living yet. grin

I mean Jesus man! On nl thats like saying you are still a virgin. grin
Next time don't say that out loud, and especially don't boast about it.

Team banned after every comment cool cheesy
See as you dey fear ban.
Re: Foods For Headache by Dannylux: 9:37am On Dec 19, 2013
Funny conversation grin

I think understanding monkeys is his superpower? lol

@post
True about Banana.
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2013
Dannylux: Funny conversation grin

I think understanding monkeys is his superpower? lol

@post
True about Banana.
i can't understand that?
Re: Foods For Headache by Dannylux: 11:44am On Dec 19, 2013
Tolexander: i can't understand that?

Your ability to understand monkeys isn't normal for every human. I think It's a superhuman power or something?
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 11:55am On Dec 19, 2013
Dannylux:

Your ability to understand monkeys isn't normal for every human. I think It's a superhuman power or something?
alright!
Re: Foods For Headache by Olugbenger(m): 12:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tolexander: sure!
Was only banned once by mukina for 'end time things' for 3days but freed the following day.
Sister, we are derailing the thread o!

Liar!

undecided
Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 1:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Enough of the derailing abeg!
Re: Foods For Headache by Tolexander: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Olugbenger:

Liar!

undecided
how is it a lie?
Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tolexander: how is it a lie?
Re: Foods For Headache by Yemlizzy(f): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
You both can converse in the Derailers section!
Re: Foods For Headache by Olugbenger(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2013

You don't view your profile regularly. .

grin grin

(1) (Reply)

Please Help This Mum / Canality In Marriage / His Wife Took Their 2 Girls To Her Mother Without The Consent Of Her Husband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.