Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,108 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:24 PM

His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! (13266 Views)

Man Who Represented Nigeria In Dubai Auto Racing Returns After His Car Crashed / Car Parking Position. Neutral Or On Gear? / The Parking Lot At The American University Of Dubai! (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by wildchild1: 4:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
stede:

It's very obvious that there is high rate of crime on mainland.
Thou the fact is that no place is safe in Nigeria (security wise) except the Nigerian army barracks
can you prove this?
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by tellwisdom: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
Your story no get meaning. Bye angry
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by ypureR: 4:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
geeez: That's why I detest hanging out on the mainland

You could park your car at the Palms Mall for days and come back to meet it intact

ICM's parking lot isn't well lit and is always crowded. I think they should consider illuminating the area more intensely and getting their security guys to patrol instead of just staying by the entrance sorting out guys looking for a space to park

I don't agree with you. They burgled my colleagues car in Palms ..... lappy and Ipad were stolen. So you are wrong,very very wrong. He did police report till today nothing happened.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
I've always wondered why people gallivant freely there?

I'd suggest that car owners park as close as possible to the entrance of the mall.

Furthermore, the security guys we have in nigeria are the most lackaddaisical, indiciplined, unprofessional money thirsty tossers.

1 Like

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by JideTheBlogger(m): 4:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Na wa oooo
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nobody: 5:44pm On Dec 20, 2013
Never ever place valuables in plain sight in your vehicle. Lock laptops in the boot, ipads etc in the glove compartment.

Leave nothing inside your car that can attract burglars.

Even when you're in traffic, keep your phone and other valuables out of sight, especially when you're in serious traffic.

They will rather break into a car with valuables on display, than one in which they can't see anything.

A word is enough for a wise Lagosian.

6 Likes

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 6:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
[size=16pt]First of all i'd like to say.... Frontpage! Yipee[/size] grin

Thanks for all your comments though! I read a few suggestions here and i agree that the car park should be more illuminated the rear area of the park is always very dark, with armed security at strategic positions within the lot. sometimes you will just be parking and then you will see one woman/man walking towards you to beg you for money or show you pictures of motherless babies, as in?

as for me, i put my laptops in the boot once i park, and i always try to find space close to the front area of the mall or where there is enough light directly on my car. Na God naim dey save person. But don't be surprised if the security guys are involved! angry
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by bastien: 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
In a the ghetto, better open your eyes wide On
the street there is no mr nice guy
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Nobody: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2013
obviously the security guys are in on it. as to the camera video being blurred, that is probably the security guys smearing oil on the lens to aid their fellow thieves

hopefully the higher ups at shoprite will see this thread and take necessary action - this is just like the case of the riff raff cashiers discussed on another thread.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Benilily(f): 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
THE YORUBA THIVES ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!! STUPID PEOPLE!!! IF THIS HAPPENED IN ONE OF D SE STATES, DY WUD VE STARTED BASHING D IGBO'S... OYA,, YORUBA HATERS N CRIMINALS, QUOTE ME NW!!! I DARE U BASTARDS...... I knw say many mumu go fall, i dy wait 4 1 mugu 2 quote me....... Typin tinzzzzz
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by mimicue(f): 7:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
Benilily: THE YORUBA THIVES ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!! STUPID PEOPLE!!! IF THIS HAPPENED IN ONE OF D SE STATES, DY WUD VE STARTED BASHING D IGBO'S... OYA,, YORUBA HATERS N CRIMINALS, QUOTE ME NW!!! I DARE U BASTARDS...... I knw say many mumu go fall, i dy wait 4 1 mugu 2 quote me....... Typin tinzzzzz

I quote u...which doesn't make me a fool....but rather makes u d fool for thinking of this issue in a tribalistic manner for crying out...SB said they stole their stuffed in their car ur here ranting about yoruba not helping matters....

1 Like

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Policewoman(f): 7:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
stede:

Thou the fact is that no place is safe in Nigeria (security wise) except the Nigerian army barracks
Bokoharam attacked the army barracks ion Borno. The barracks aint safe anymore.

2 Likes

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Exponental(m): 7:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
fckmn24seg:

You were trying to fool proof the date, by so doing fooled your self, be more matured.
I was only trying to correct ur error. I assumed ur coy pays salary on d 31st n u collected urs dat day which got u confused. Sorry ooooo, I was only pointing out a human error from u, afterall, no one is above mistake.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by andyanders: 7:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
Bebetter: Hello people, first of all i'll like to advice everyone to be a little bit more security conscious/vigilant this xmas season, because there are lots of people (men/women inclusive) wey dey vex for streets, lurking around town looking for who to mug, rip off, scam, stick-up... etc. Don't be so comfortable to leave your phone on a bank counter/cinema cupholder, park your car in an unknown/secluded area, sleep of in the bus with valuables on you, leave your gate unlocked till late at night.... etc. just shine your eye because these streets dey vex oh! seriously!

Ok. so last three weeks, a colleague at my office resigned. So a few of us her friends decided to do a TGIF/Send-off for her at "Beerhugz cafe" at ikeja City mall. This was Friday 29th November. We were there from evening time and really had a blast, we partied and danced till some of us started leaving one by one. I left at about a little past ten o'clock. My guy "J" & another of our colleague "chi" left later after us. Now the story i heard on monday when i came to work was that:

When they left to their car, (picanto) j found it very difficult getting the car door to open with the key, the drivers door seemed jammed. He now had to go through the passenger side only to discover that the car had been ransacked! both their bags gone! with LAPTOPS inside, all work, deliverables, jobs, gone! Ol'boy, i hear say my guy para. Chi just dey cry. He now went to the security guys, since they noticed a cctv camera was facing their car. But to j's utter chagrin the security were just responding lack lustre, refusing to show them the footage or do anything! saying he should go and bring police report, that it's not the first time something like that is happening, that he should take it easy, WHAT!! Ol'boy naim my guy para (hulk style angry ) wan fight all the security, possibly break person head. That's when they now agreed to go and look at the footage. Bottomline the thing was blurred... can you imagine? they could see what was going on oh. three guys. one was patrolling while the other two were doing the act but the whole footage was blurred and dark.... so what the heck is the essence of the stupid camera!? omo till today nothing. nothing oh! them don go do police report everything but no recovery, no nothing.... abeg what dyou guys have to say about this. nairaland

The security guys there are responsible for whatever that happened to the car.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by narmani: 8:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
stede:

army barracks wey boko dey infiltrate like fun fair park. Mscheww
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Daresh(f): 8:49pm On Dec 20, 2013
Last weekend, we all went to Amuwo Odofin. On our way home at that turn at Mile 2 we were all laughing and talking in the car when suddenly, the windows of the car where shattered simultaneously. Thre guys started grabbing stuff. The kids were screaming the guy was trying to grab my bag shouting " Where's the money"?. They took my husbands new Note. I held onto my bag tight, I no gree. MY children were shell shocked. We had to climb the divider and speed off, the guy was still trying to take my bag.
The level of violence in this country is becoming something else. Not too long ago they would knock on ur glass and try to intimidate you. Now this smashing car windows and grabbing. God help us.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Bebetter: 8:51pm On Dec 20, 2013
If you've never lost something before to thieves, you will not know how it feels. I just dey feel for the guy because all his work was in there and at the end of the day, the bas.tards will not sell the lappy more than 30 or 40k. Firing squad dey await una! undecided
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Ajpharm(m): 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2013
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by akorsson(m): 10:06pm On Dec 20, 2013
We buy condemed car batteries also inverters batteries and any acid-lead battery. Contact padre tech on 08161195037 or 7addcf99
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Abbott(m): 10:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Daresh: Last weekend, we all went to Amuwo Odofin. On our way home at that turn at Mile 2 we were all laughing and talking in the car when suddenly, the windows of the car where shattered simultaneously. Thre guys started grabbing stuff. The kids were screaming the guy was trying to grab my bag shouting " Where's the money"?. They took my husbands new Note. I held onto my bag tight, I no gree. MY children were shell shocked. We had to climb the divider and speed off, the guy was still trying to take my bag.
The level of violence in this country is becoming something else. Not too long ago they would knock on ur glass and try to intimidate you. Now this smashing car windows and grabbing. God help us.

Are you really serious Daresh?! shocked
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by mimicue(f): 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2013
Daresh: Last weekend, we all went to Amuwo Odofin. On our way home at that turn at Mile 2 we were all laughing and talking in the car when suddenly, the windows of the car where shattered simultaneously. Thre guys started grabbing stuff. The kids were screaming the guy was trying to grab my bag shouting " Where's the money"?. They took my husbands new Note. I held onto my bag tight, I no gree. MY children were shell shocked. We had to climb the divider and speed off, the guy was still trying to take my bag.

Lmao this is serious o shocked
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Daresh(f): 11:07pm On Dec 20, 2013
Abbott:

Are you really serious Daresh?! shocked

Dead serious. We just fixed the car windows today. I still have cuts on my legs from the shattered glass. Drove all the way home with glass everywhere. The kids slept off hugging each other in the car.
Its a big shock and now I know not to be in traffic at night. Nigeria is just getting worse.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by zumbigbo(m): 11:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
Its a big shock and now I know not to be in traffic at night. [/i]Nigeria [i]is just getting worse.

1 Like

Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by tobie247(m): 12:38am On Dec 21, 2013
J
wild child: .Have always said it,there is no proper security at Ikeja Shopping Mall,can you imagine again,blurred images?like seriously?Even the two entrances,no security,the only place you"ll see police officers is down the road of the 2nd entrance. why cant security be at both entrances?
Thats why i dont go there with a car during the weekend especially friday and saturday because of the crowd

@op...im sorry for your colleague but i dont think anything can be done since the only means of help is "blurred"
But even if d cam no dey blurred & dem see d perpetrators faces live, wetin go happen?!
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by tobie247(m): 12:42am On Dec 21, 2013
Benilily: THE YORUBA THIVES ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!! STUPID PEOPLE!!! IF THIS HAPPENED IN ONE OF D SE STATES, DY WUD VE STARTED BASHING D IGBO'S... OYA,, YORUBA HATERS N CRIMINALS, QUOTE ME NW!!! I DARE U BASTARDS...... I knw say many mumu go fall, i dy wait 4 1 mugu 2 quote me....... Typin tinzzzzz
Dis @Ben.lin na proper o.loshi, ashi.ere rada rada!
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Turbocharged: 4:09am On Dec 21, 2013
:-(
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by bigtt76(f): 4:28am On Dec 21, 2013
Probably the camera not a night vision one. Sad really but requesting a police report before allowing the review of security camera footage seem in place. Its captured under privacy law undecided Just as you can't go to a mobile network and request for the call logs of another mobile subscriber without a police report or even court subpoena.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Polio: 4:49am On Dec 21, 2013
Bebetter: Hello people, first of all i'll like to advice everyone to be a little bit more security conscious/vigilant this xmas season, because there are lots of people (men/women inclusive) wey dey vex for streets, lurking around town looking for who to mug, rip off, scam, stick-up... etc. Don't be so comfortable to leave your phone on a bank counter/cinema cupholder, park your car in an unknown/secluded area, sleep of in the bus with valuables on you, leave your gate unlocked till late at night.... etc. just shine your eye because these streets dey vex oh! seriously!

Ok. so last three weeks, a colleague at my office resigned. So a few of us her friends decided to do a TGIF/Send-off for her at "Beerhugz cafe" at ikeja City mall. This was Friday 29th November. We were there from evening time and really had a blast, we partied and danced till some of us started leaving one by one. I left at about a little past ten o'clock. My guy "J" & another of our colleague "chi" left later after us. Now the story i heard on monday when i came to work was that:

When they left to their car, (picanto) j found it very difficult getting the car door to open with the key, the drivers door seemed jammed. He now had to go through the passenger side only to discover that the car had been ransacked! both their bags gone! with LAPTOPS inside, all work, deliverables, jobs, gone! Ol'boy, i hear say my guy para. Chi just dey cry. He now went to the security guys, since they noticed a cctv camera was facing their car. But to j's utter chagrin the security were just responding lack lustre, refusing to show them the footage or do anything! saying he should go and bring police report, that it's not the first time something like that is happening, that he should take it easy, WHAT!! Ol'boy naim my guy para (hulk style angry ) wan fight all the security, possibly break person head. That's when they now agreed to go and look at the footage. Bottomline the thing was blurred... can you imagine? they could see what was going on oh. three guys. one was patrolling while the other two were doing the act but the whole footage was blurred and dark.... so what the heck is the essence of the stupid camera!? omo till today nothing. nothing oh! them don go do police report everything but no recovery, no nothing.... abeg what dyou guys have to say about this. nairaland

The security man was right not to show them the footage ... You need the cops to take over from there

It should have been reported to them straight away after notifying the security personnel on site.

Smh ... The stolen items were probably visible.

If that is the case, it is a no brainer, under no circumstances should valuables be kept visible in parked cars anywhere
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by SkyRider1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
My vehicle was as well burgled at Onitsha Crescent opposite ShaSha Gardens Area 11, Garki Abuja last sunday (15th Dec) night.

I had a breakdown. my Bolt joint snapped. I got the security guys at the garden to help push it off the road but it would not bulge. Then contemplating going for a tow truck, I decided against this owing to that it was already late and as well the cost which I knew will be rather high. By then I was sapped and needed rest having been working all day. My only fear was that any of the numerous Abuja drunk drivers would run into it, hence i put my signages properly and green leaves to warn them.

This was my error. As I arrived early the next day with a Mechanic to fix the stuff, I saw that my vehicle has been vandalized. They gained entrance by breaking my back small glass. Even the burglary alarm could not save the situation. The least item the took was my car air freshener, You could imagine the rest.

It was then I recalled the security guys asking me for money to keep an eye on it. Trying to be smart, I told them I will see them the next day. God knows if the got wiser.

Learnt my lessons: 1. Security does not come cheap. 2. And one can never be over secured.
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by Godson201333(m): 10:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
EEYAH go and do police report with 10k nah
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by zizle87(f): 3:46am On Dec 22, 2013
H
Re: His Car Was Burgled At Shoprite Ikeja Parking Lot! by zizle87(f): 4:14am On Dec 22, 2013
Let me share another....Oregun road....pls b very careful there at night...very very. Because the road is very accessible alot happen there in seconds.4 friends went clubbing at ikeja...all boys. One of them is my friend. Dey left the club and were headed back home when anoder car with four guys too drove past dem ...dey were evn making fun of them inside d car that this one way boys just dey comot with no single babe dese days when the car swerved and stopped in front of them. Dey ran into d car. By instinct my friend who sat in front with d driver told him to reverse immediately. Dey were doin dat all d way back when 1of the guys from the Other car came out and shot directly at their windscreen. Out of confusion dey reversed into d covert which halted the car.dey got out and started runin...wat surprised dem was that the boys came out and chased dem all d way down that road shooting at them. Till dey finali took a turn. My friend thought he had died and na him ghost still dey run.because they don't know how dey escaped..I saw him the following dey wen dey went to get the car. This is the funny part. Nothing was missing from the car.i asked what he thought they wanted. He said his best guess was dat they were ritualists and they wanted at least a body and had probably been searching since because of the kind of car dey were driving and the fact that they bashed it without care of expenses.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Did You Choose Your First Car? / Car Robbery And Killing Of The Victim. / Andvise Before He Wastes His Money On LR3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.