Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,148 members, 7,780,098 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:36 AM

Why Christmas Should Be Banned - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Christmas Should Be Banned (1561 Views)

Reasons Why Christmas Is Not Worth Celebrating By Genuine Christians / Mystery About Christmas; Should Christain Celebrate Christmas? / Christmas Should be Replaced! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 1:03am On Dec 19, 2013
My problem with xmas celebration is not basically due to the fact that historically, xmas has paganic antecedents. But I'm more irritated with the behaviours of our societies during this period. We're all witnesses to the chaos, extravagancy, desperation and exploitations associated with xmas celebrations: the desire to show off our wealth via new wears, new cars, latest gadgets, etc. These conventional unnecessary behaviours have resulted in high cost of living, frauds, increased transportation fares, robberies, kidnapping, gluttony, drunkenness, sexual immorality, etc.
Thus we as Christians need to answer the basic question: If Christ were on earth, would He accept these unruly behaviours all in the name of His birthday? It's a sure NO.
So, I seriously agitate that we redefine our perspective of xmas and behave like christians during this period, and the govt make new policies that will control the excesses in the conducts of our markets. Or place an outright ban on Christmas celebrations!!
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by oluebubesyd(m): 1:38am On Dec 19, 2013
k
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 19, 2013
all these anti catholic feelings we see here on Nairaland ma na war ooo!

1st, xmas has NO pagan origin, Fact! What is the origin of christmas? Ans: the Bible. The bible recorded the birth of Christ, fact! The Nativity of jesus was brought on to dec the 25th so as to help stamp out paganism.

To put it simply, in Yorubaland, there is that they call Oro. The missionaries came down and carried out their evangelism. When they started winning most of the people, they had to look for one christian thing so as to stampout forever the oro practice. They found the nativity of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Nobody: 2:35am On Dec 19, 2013
souldust: all these anti catholic feelings we see here on Nairaland ma na war ooo!

1st, xmas has NO pagan origin, Fact! What is the origin of christmas? Ans: the Bible. The bible recorded the birth of Christ, fact! The Nativity of jesus was brought on to dec the 25th so as to help stamp out paganism.

To put it simply, in Yorubaland, there is that they call Oro. The missionaries came down and carried out their evangelism. When they started winning most of the people, they had to look for one christian thing so as to stampout forever the oro practice. They found the nativity of Jesus.
Tah!!! Close mouth.
Christmas was not celebrated in the first centuries of the Christian church. What christian observed then was the celebration of the death of eminent people instead of their birth.

A festival was established in memory of Christ's birth in the fourth century. In the fifth century the Western Church ordered the festival to be celebrated forever on the day of the Mithraic rites of the birth of the sun.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of the pagan roman sun god, Even a Reverend father once said this.

2 Likes

Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 8:00am On Dec 19, 2013
Big.game:

Tah!!! Close mouth.
Christmas was not celebrated in the first centuries of the Christian church. What christian observed then was the celebration of the death of eminent people instead of their birth.

A festival was established in memory of Christ's birth in the fourth century. In the fifth century the Western Church ordered the festival to be celebrated forever on the day of the Mithraic rites of the birth of the sun.

Christmas is the celebration of the birth of the pagan roman sun god, Even a Reverend father once said this.

Thank you. People should inculcate the spirit of objective research. Google is always your friend.
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by mcfynest(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2013
YOU JUST WANT TO BE NOTICED, AND WE HAVE NOTICED YOU!
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 8:31am On Dec 19, 2013
mcfynest: YOU JUST WANT TO BE NOTICED, AND WE HAVE NOTICED YOU!

K, sir. I'm glad u noticed me. BTW, dont u hav any meaningful contributions to make?
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Omexonomy: 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
U-Get-Sense:

K, sir. I'm glad u noticed me. BTW, dont u hav any meaningful contributions to make?
what meaningful contribution do you want from him ?
The date of birth of jesus is not actually known like most people in nigeria. What is wrong in chosen any date for celebrating it like most people in nigeria ?
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 3:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omexonomy: what meaningful contribution do you want from him ?
The date of birth of jesus is not actually known like most people in nigeria. What is wrong in chosen any date for celebrating it like most people in nigeria ?

I was talking abt people's conduct during this period and d need to redefine xmas
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Demainman1: 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
While you are it, you can stop celebrating easter too. It also has pagan history to it.

As for me and my entire house, we will continue to celebrate Christmas until Jesus returns!

Christmas has moved on to not only the celebration of Jesus birth but to the time that families come together and celebrate themselves too. At least as far as the western world is concern.

Nigerians Christians chose to remain in the dark ages. Na una sabi!
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by ManhunterTM(m): 9:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
And who will do the banning?
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 11:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
Manhunter™:

Well, that's the million dollar question. But I think it can only be regulated.
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by ManhunterTM(m): 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
U-Get-Sense:

Well, that's the million dollar question. But I think it can only be regulated.
Regulated by who exactly?
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
Manhunter™:
Regulated by who exactly?

The government
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by mcfynest(m): 4:42am On Dec 22, 2013
U-Get-Sense:

The government

so you expect ceaser to regulate the things of YEHUSHUA
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Brimmie(m): 6:21am On Dec 22, 2013
Manhunter™:
Afam4eva
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Hadeyeancah(m): 7:33am On Dec 22, 2013
NOTICED, I will tell my Oga at the Top.....Jst wait for centuries for amendment
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Omexonomy: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2013
The muslims the anti christ and the atheist
Manhunter™:
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by dechandel(f): 8:59am On Dec 22, 2013
I was here.. Will come back after service
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Sezua(m): 9:18am On Dec 22, 2013
i smell frontpage
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by UGetSense(m): 12:45am On Dec 23, 2013
mcfynest:

so you expect ceaser to regulate the things of YEHUSHUA

It ceases 2 be the things of YEHSHUA when the conduct of the ppl involved are too materialistic and worldly. Even Jesus drove ppl misbehaving from the church cos it was no longer the things of God. They've crossed the line.
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Acmetek: 2:11am On Dec 23, 2013
To quote from Cardinal Anthony Olubunmi Okogie :
"It is quite a long story, which I am not ready to delve into at the
moment. Generally, December 25 is widely accepted. The argument has to
do with some pagan gods, which Christianity tried to Christianise to
become what we now have today. Almost everybody believes that it is
December 25, except the Jehovah’s Witnesses, who claim it is in October,
but they are in the minority. Generally, people follow the majority and
I don’t think there is anyone who will change it from December 25"
It is clear from his statement that Christmas is from Idolatrous origin and it is not commanded by God to celebrate it like the Lord supper. It is a compromise between the Idolatrous Rome and the Emperor Constantine who tries to make Christianity a state religion.
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Acmetek: 2:16am On Dec 23, 2013
Demain_man: While you are it, you can stop celebrating easter too. It also has pagan history to it.

As for me and my entire house, we will continue to celebrate Christmas until Jesus returns!

Christmas has moved on to not only the celebration of Jesus birth but to the time that families come together and celebrate themselves too. At least as far as the western world is concern.

Nigerians Christians chose to remain in the dark ages. Na una sabi!

There is easter in the bible read Acts 12:4
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by tpia5: 4:24am On Dec 23, 2013
live and let live.
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by TeetoEsq(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2013
u ar right, I see nothing good in christmas. Christ was not born 25th Dec. The likes of the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses and now joining them are the Deeper life Ministry have all seen reasons to tell the world truly christmas is vanity... for not following the multitudes.... Thumps up to PASTOR W. F. KUMUYI!!!
Re: Why Christmas Should Be Banned by Demainman1: 12:12pm On Dec 23, 2013
Teeto, Esq:
u ar right, I see nothing good in christmas. Christ was not born 25th Dec. The likes of the Mormons, the Jehovah's Witnesses and now joining them are the Deeper life Ministry have all seen reasons to tell the world truly christmas is vanity... for not following the multitudes.... Thumps up to PASTOR W. F. KUMUYI!!!

Go to his sons house on Christmas and see jollyfication AKA Christmas celebration. KUMUYI is on his own. His children don't even obey his declarations. Remember the white wedding and makeup saga?

(1) (Reply)

Set Out A Covenant Time. / 5 Facts About Ladies / Afterall All Christians Are Going To Hell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.