Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,996 members, 7,806,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 06:32 AM

APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari (14976 Views)

Ex-Presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan. / Ex-presidents, Others To Meet Obasanjo, Babangida Over Jonathan / I’ll Reply Babangida Soon - Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by kglamour(m): 1:39am On Dec 19, 2013
The leadership of the All Progressives Congress is to meet with former President Olusegun Obasanjo to
explain the reason behind the formation of the party.
A former Head of State and a chief of the party, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari, said this in an interview with
journalists at the residence of a former Vice President, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, in Abuja on Wednesday.
Buhari said the leadership of APC had been visiting other notable Nigerians and that it was time to also
pay a visit to Obasanjo.
He said, “We have been visiting others like the G7 Governors; we have visited former heads of state, and
we intend to visit former President Olusegun Obasanjo any time he is available, to ask for understanding
and brief him on why we formed the APC.”
He said that he was happy with the discussion the leadership of the party had with Abubakar, who he said
had promised to discuss with his supporters and political associates before taking a decision on whether
to defect from the ruling Peoples Democratic Party to the APC or not.
“I think Atiku has spoken to you about what we discussed with him now, but he said he will get back to
us later,” Buhari added.
At a meeting, Abubakar told his guests that he would consult with stakeholders and consider the invitation
by the leaders of the party to join the party, just as he threw his weight behind a two-party system in the
country.
“I have given them an indication that I will call a meeting of all my supporters across the country and we
will take a decision and tell the press,” he said.
The leaders of the APC led by its Interim National Chairman, Chief Bisi Akande, had visited the Abuja
residence of the Turakin Adamawa and asked him to defect to the APC.
Roll call of the delegation at the Wednesday’s meeting included, a former Governor of Lagos State,
Asiwaju Bola Tinubu; Governor of Borno State, Alhaji Ibrahim Shettima; a former Speaker of House of
Representatives, Bello Masari; Senator George Akume; former Minister of Aviation, Femi Fani-Kayode; a
Chief Ogbonnaya Onu; former chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Mallam Nuhu
Ribadu; and Senator Kabiru Gaya.
Akande had earlier in his remark, said the party decided to meet with Atiku against the background that
“our country is being rubbished, we feel that it is necessary to meet people of like minds to rise up and
salvage the country.
“All of us that met here are comrades in politics from time to time. We only met today to cement that
comradeship, and all is well cemented and we are moving together to work for this country.”
Abubakar recalled that some of the members of the delegation that visited him had been together in
politics for about 24 years.
“It is time we realise we have a responsibility to our generation and those yet unborn,” he said.
He lauded the delegation for the formation of what he called “a long expected great party,” adding that the
APC had true internal democracy that would satisfy the yearnings and aspirations of its members.
Abubakar referred to the African National Congress in South Africa, reiterating that “as strong as the ANC
is, its internal democracy is unparallel. I have seen where there is healthy competition without bitterness.
“If the South Africans faced apartheid, Nigeria is facing colonialism, the struggle has been long for the
enthronement of democracy.”

http://www.punchng.com/news/apc-will-meet-obasanjo-soon-says-buhari/

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by jmaine: 1:53am On Dec 19, 2013
Am so glad more progressives are joining the APC . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

21 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by PapaBrowne(m): 2:08am On Dec 19, 2013
jmaine: Am so glad more progressives are joining the APC . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Yes oh! They are plenty now. They simply dip their heads in water get baptized and are converted from evil to progressives. Their sins suddenly forgiven.

37 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by gentleoyink: 2:14am On Dec 19, 2013
PapaBrowne:

Yes oh! They are plenty now. They simply dip their heads in water get baptized and are converted from evil to progressives. Their sins suddenly forgiven.

Plus they still get to keep their loots which can be invested in the progressive party grin

14 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Nobody: 2:20am On Dec 19, 2013
Is this piece about Obj or Atiku? By the way, Buhari has betrayed his integrity the day he nursed the idea of meddling with two famous corrupt and unarmed criminals in this country(obj&atiku) undecided

6 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by olatomiwa(f): 2:29am On Dec 19, 2013
cryNever! Obj did not win his local government why do they need him! Tinubu, please don't betray our trust in you, all this people will hijack the party

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by mike404(m): 2:34am On Dec 19, 2013
olatomiwa: cryNever! Obj did not win his local government why do they need him! Tinubu, please don't betray our trust in you, all this people will hijack the party
TINUBU IS JUST A SLAVE LIKE YOU. HE IS POWERLESS

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by kglamour(m): 2:36am On Dec 19, 2013
jmaine: Am so glad more progressives are joining the APC . . . . cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
please look at the buhari picture above very well, u want chop e-slap ba?

5 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Toktee(m): 7:00am On Dec 19, 2013
gentleoyink:

Plus they still get to keep their loots which can be invested in the progressive party grin
Whether the loot is retrieve or not,corruption should stop,that is the aim.
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 19, 2013
You see the problem ? When power changes hand from north and yorubas to a niger-deltan, you now relize that corruption should stop.

Imagine what your saying, that wheter loots of the past are retrieved or not corruption should stop. Because it is not obasanjo or IBB that is in power abi. Una never see anything sef. When the real time comes, this time around, the minorities also want to benefit from what the north and the yorubas have been doing for over 40years now.

We will only take you accidental activist from yorubaland and north serious when You lots start to give back all the nigerian resources at your disposal since 40years now. Till then you lots are noisemakers.
Toktee: Whether the loot is retrieve or not,corruption should stop,that is the aim.

26 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by 99100(m): 7:29am On Dec 19, 2013
this is indeed progrethieves. laugh wan kill me gringringrin ..... gringrin

13 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by taharqa: 7:42am On Dec 19, 2013
lol grin.... Bloodi HYPOCRITES, right??

5 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by cocoduck: 7:43am On Dec 19, 2013
But wait, why does APC need waste products discharged by PDP, Hmmmm I smell a humoungous RAT. Anambara woman says LAT

4 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by taharqa: 7:48am On Dec 19, 2013
Idi Amin: Is this piece about Obj or Atiku? By the way, Buhari has betrayed his integrity the day he nursed the idea of meddling with two famous corrupt and unarmed criminals in this country(obj&atiku) undecided
Himself and his gang, has also visited IBB and Abdusalam, so why you dey bother about d smaller 'Criminals' sef?? If d Devil himself send dem message say im dey oppose GEJ, dem go visit am for im address for Hell fire; and then tell d rest us of that im too don become 'Progressive'.

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 8:03am On Dec 19, 2013
This OPC APC people are a bunch of confused fellows.
The same people that Tinubu called `demonic` in Kano are now their bedparty-mates.
So OBJ , IBB & Atiku are now progressives?.

[b] RUBBISHCALLITY
[/b] sad sad

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Pinky111: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2013
Obj is already APC he is only paying lip service btw what is Buhari stila doing in d corridors of power? Isnt it hightime he retired as an elderstatesman?
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Pinky111: 8:17am On Dec 19, 2013
Obj is already APC he is only paying lip service btw what is Buhari still doing in d corridors of power? Isnt it hightime he retired as an elderstatesman?
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Nobody: 8:36am On Dec 19, 2013
Iyabo, Obasanjos daughter confirmed in her leter that Obj has been a member of APC. It is not new.

The bad people in Nigeria have all joined APC and some shameless rascals are calling them progressives?
Progressives when they have placed only muslims in key civil service positions in Lagos, Osun and all other APC states.. What im saying is verifiable..

All those christians supporting APC today will surely cry tomorow because the main agenda of APC is to islamise Nigeria. A word,they say is enough for the wise.

APC e-Rats tantrum is expected as always in there attitude.

7 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by HAH: 8:45am On Dec 19, 2013
In politics there is no permanent friend or enemy but permanent interest.

Obj may not command vote but has a fear factor in him while atiku is a master strategist.

The idea is simple . My enemys enemy is my friend

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by tempest01(m): 8:45am On Dec 19, 2013
these apc people dey form loyalty and friendship and all...if it happens that power changes hands, you h go see their true color....obj no dey use him head.
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by DahomeyAmazon(f): 8:46am On Dec 19, 2013
F. All of them, disappointed.
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Nobody: 8:55am On Dec 19, 2013
Let me laugh "progre-theifly"

hahahahahahaahahaha\ha
Hohohohhohhohohohhoho
hihihhihihihhihihihhihihhihihi
heheheeheheeheheheehehee

A beg my lungs don dey pain me.

10 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by luvinhubby(m): 8:59am On Dec 19, 2013
HAH: In politics there is no permanent friend or enemy but permanent interest.

Obj may not command vote but has a fear factor in him while atiku is a master strategist.

The idea is simple . My enemys enemy is my friend
Sorry if I may ask, what common interest do they have?........Oh! I forgot, progressive looting of public treasury.

RUBBISHCALLITY !! angry angry

15 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by jmaine: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2013
kglamour:
please look at the buhari picture above very well, u want chop e-slap ba?

I like your joke . . . .Well done . . . .
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by jmaine: 9:05am On Dec 19, 2013
taharqa: lol grin.... Bloodi HYPOCRITES, right??

in OBJ voice, "I dey laff oo! . . . grin

1 Like

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by ignis: 9:15am On Dec 19, 2013
Idi Amin: Is this piece about Obj or Atiku? By the way, Buhari has betrayed his integrity the day he nursed the idea of meddling with two famous corrupt and unarmed criminals in this country(obj&atiku) undecided
That's politics for you.
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Nobody: 9:35am On Dec 19, 2013
No No No..he hasn't..infact, he has become a better politician..he now understand the political landscape of nigeria better..politics is a game of number and power in Nigeria..use them to get what you want, and discard them later..THE END JUSTIFIES THE MEANS

1 Like

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Oshodia: 9:46am On Dec 19, 2013
Bihari wouldn't e a good leader CBS his followers are the people's who put Nigeria in this condition. The criminal has arriv again ,pls my Nigeria your pls we should be carefully voting for this party call PAC. Babangida,abubakar,atiku , Bihari, now calling obj to Join them. Ok if Bukhara become a president who is he gonna probe. Please youth this is not Yoruba , ibo, or Hausa. If his people take over Nigeria again mean we re going back from squire one. It will be better to divide the nation than this criminal who take care of their family with Nigeria resocess come in again.
Please Hausa youth, Yoruba youth, ibo youth think very well before you vote ,we should not vote with tribalism if we need this country to be one

2 Likes

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2013
luvinhubby: This OPC APC people are a bunch of confused fellows.
The same people that Tinubu called `demonic` in Kano are now their bedparty-mates.
So OBJ , IBB & Atiku are now progressives?.

[b] RUBBISHCALLITY
[/b] sad sad
The quest to win at all cost.

They're getting more confused sad

More like associations of evils... undecided

Misplaced priorities >

1 Like

Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Oshodia: 9:49am On Dec 19, 2013
Bihari wouldn't be a good leader As his followers are the people's who put Nigeria in this condition. The criminal has arriv again ,pls my Nigeria youth pls we should be carefully voting for this party call PAC. Babangida,abubakar,atiku , Bihari, now calling obj to Join them. Ok if Buhari become a president who is he gonna probe. Please youth this is not Yoruba , ibo, or Hausa. If his people take over Nigeria again mean we re going back from squire one. It will be better to divide the nation than this criminal who take care of their family with Nigeria resocess come in again.
Please Hausa youth, Yoruba youth, ibo youth think very well before you vote ,we should not vote with tribalism if we need this country to be one
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by Oshodia: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2013
Bihari wouldn't be a good leader As his followers are the people's who put Nigeria in this condition. The criminal has arriv again ,pls my Nigeria youth pls we should be carefully voting for this party call apc. Babangida,abubakar,atiku , Bihari, now calling obj to Join them. Ok if Buhari become a president who is he gonna probe. Please youth this is not Yoruba , ibo, or Hausa. If his people take over Nigeria again mean we re going back from squire one. It will be better to divide the nation than this criminal who take care of their family with Nigeria resocess come in again.
Re: APC Will Meet Obasanjo Soon - Buhari by OgologoDimkpa: 9:51am On Dec 19, 2013
Pinky111: Obj is already APC he is only paying lip service btw what is Buhari stila doing in d corridors of power? Isnt it hightime he retired as an elderstatesman?
He still want to rule Nigeria undecided.

...expired politicians angry

Why not give the youths a chance.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

APC Blames Mimiko For Olu Falae's Kidnap - Punch / Betta Edu: Perm Sec Takes Over Ministry Of Humanitarian And Poverty Alleviation / Easterners adopt the name “dot republic”. Pictures From Dot Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.