Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,874 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:07 AM

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad (37967 Views)

Lola Oguntade: How I Gave Up Everything To Campaign For Buhari / Iyabo Obasanjo, Why I Gave Up On My Dad / Iyabo Obasanjo Poised For Ministerial Appointment After Losing Senate Seat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 3:11am On Dec 19, 2013
*Obasanjo to VANGUARD: “You’re
Bloody Idiots”

*Iyabo Confirms Letter; flays denials on social media
LAGOS — With echoes of the open letter to former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo from his daughter, Iyabo, reverberating nationwide, the daughter yesterday gave reasons she gave up on her father ever changing.

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo spoke against the background of mixed reactions from Yoruba elders and politicians on the import of the letter which she said was the last communication with her father.

The former president himself was furious when approached by Vanguard, yesterday, as he hurled invectives at the newspaper. The
exchange between Vanguard and the former president ran thus:

Vanguard: Sir, we tried reaching you all through yesterday, to no avail, over the letter written by your daughter, Iyabo, to you.

Chief Obasanjo: You are a bloody idiots, you have published the paper and you are now looking for me, you are an idiots, don’t call me again. When Iyabo finishes you in court ... (hangs up).

Senator Obasanjo nevertheless flayed the orchestrated attempt in the social media by a network of associates of her father to separate her from the letter.

Aremo Olusegun Osoba, former governor of Ogun State, who was cited in the letter, confirmed the meeting between him and Iyabo in Massachusetts, United States but distanced himself from the plot allegedly cited by her father to empower her with the ticket of the All
Progressives Congress, APC for the next round of elections.

Besides, Aremo Osoba, several prominent Yoruba elders spoke on the development among whom were Afenifere leader, Chief Rueben Fasoranti, Afenifere bigwig, Chief Ayo Adebanjo, Dr. Frederick Fasehun, Chief Ebenezer Babatope and Hon. Femi Kehinde, a former member of the House of Representatives.

Senator Iyabo Obasanjo had written
an open letter to her father accusing
him of being a liar, manipulator, wife-
basher and hypocrite who was
desperate for a third term despite his
denials to the contrary.

Following the hoopla over her letter, Iyabo spoke severally to Vanguard, yesterday. Asked to respond to claims that she had denied the authorship of the letter written to her father, Iyabo, who holds a doctorate in epidemology and now resident in the United States, said: “No, no, no, that is not true. How can you live by social media? That is part of the problem with Nigeria, people want to be flying rumours. I have not told anybody o! It is early morning here and I just woke up and if I were you I would just ignore them,” Senator Obasanjo said. “People are calling me and telling me that they called Baba but if I say I am not talking to someone (her father), how can you say you called the person and the person will tell you what is on my mind?” she asked

Giving reasons on why she broke off,
she said that after a break from
relating with Obasanjo, she found out
days ago that her father would not
change from the manipulative person
she had known all along.
“The whole of last year I didn’t speak
to him and I just started speaking to
him recently, and the last time he
was trying to manipulate me to say,
this, say that. I can’t be saying no
when you say no.
“The last time I spoke to him was
three days ago and I decided that I
was not going to speak to him again
after that. That was the
communication through which I
realized that this man would never
change from manipulations for
himself.”

Dismissing her unsolicited
canvassers on social media, she
said:
“I was surprised that they would say
that they called Baba, and I said to
myself, are these people mad? How
can you call the person that I said I
am not talking to, to ask him whether
I wrote a letter or not and he is going
to speak for me?
“Nobody can say that I told him that I
didn’t write it. I am not a liar. I will
not back away from what I wrote and
there is nothing that is there that is a
lie. In the last four years how many of
them have spoken to me? They are
all mad people,” she said.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2013/12/gave-dad-iyabo-obasanjo/

10 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 3:11am On Dec 19, 2013
To be Honest, I doubt Vanguard can publish such a letter against OBJ if it's not true. Considering the background of Vanguard (South-West) Newspaper and the Courageous way they have continued to defend this story, It's likely to be TRUE. We all know OBJ is NOT a Saint, even though APC remains supportive of him. There are some contents in the letter that need to be addressed especially Corruption, but don't forget GEJ is/was a product of OBJ. I guess he's annoyed because he no longer controls and dictate to GEJ. GEJ on his own part has refused to respond, thereby further annoying OBJ. Why is OBJ ranting over his daughter's 12-page letter when he wrote an 18-page letter to GEJ?...

77 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by valuka(m): 3:25am On Dec 19, 2013
How I wish that I can appear and disappear.
All these politicians will just die a mystrious death.
I will appear and squiz the life out of them during sleep and disappear.

Sorry if my comment is so rude.
That's just how I feel.

8 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by gaburiel(m): 3:58am On Dec 19, 2013
valuka: ###
ceo4eva: .................

I SEE YOU
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 4:02am On Dec 19, 2013
gaburiel:

I SEE YOU
As the OP, I'm only making updates on the story. Thank You.

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 4:07am On Dec 19, 2013
At OP, More Updates! I'm following With Keen Interest.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 4:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Obj and his uncouth personae....

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by samuelkaykay(m): 4:34am On Dec 19, 2013
We have to applaud vanguard and brave Iyabo.OBJ should know that when you point one finger on someone ,four will point at you.This season,anybody,power,spirit that said you will not succeed,may God frustrate them and give you victory in JESUS name.

37 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Princess2be(f): 5:11am On Dec 19, 2013
samuelkaykay: We have to applaud vanguard and brave Iyabo.OBJ should know that when you point one finger on someone ,four will point at you.This season,anybody,power,spirit that said you will not succeed,may God frustrate them and give you victory in JESUS name.
ON POINT! I admire the courage and bravery of Vanguard Newspaper on this issue. They are not yielding to threats and intimidation. They have published their story and still standing solidly behind their report, by providing more evidence and backup. Kudos to Vanguard. We Call it 'Investigative Journalism'.

31 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by stevecantrell: 5:19am On Dec 19, 2013
A lot of people are calling this fake letter a low point for GEJ and his propaganda boys but I believe its a huge SUCCESS.

Just one useless letter has changed the entire discourse of the days preceding it. No one is talking about missing $50 billion or assasins-in-training anymore.

The diversionary tactic has worked !

41 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by atlwireles: 5:21am On Dec 19, 2013
B
R
B
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Kanwulia: 5:23am On Dec 19, 2013
Mu ha ha ha ha ha grin
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by EloquentMedia: 5:28am On Dec 19, 2013
how to end a year
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Femolacaster(m): 5:32am On Dec 19, 2013
Let's see whether it's Vanguard newspaper that will come out in flying come out in flying colours or Obj side.
Itadogun ku si dede; oju elesin k'ola......

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by CircleOfWilis: 5:33am On Dec 19, 2013
taaaaaaa
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by JohnFrankling(m): 5:36am On Dec 19, 2013
Seasons greeting from Nipost

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 5:38am On Dec 19, 2013
John Frankling: Seasons greeting from Nipost
lol...guy u dey funny. wetin be ur own wahala sef?...
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by eye4eye: 5:40am On Dec 19, 2013
Lie from pit of hell. I forsee vanguard going out of business for their stupidity.

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by greatgod2012(f): 5:48am On Dec 19, 2013
Nigeria politics!!!
Smh.
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Acidosis(m): 6:10am On Dec 19, 2013
eye4eye: Lie from pit of hell. I forsee vanguard going out of business for their stupidity.

Everything is true about the letter...

But ofcourse, you can choose not to believe smiley

30 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by NonsoChris(m): 6:11am On Dec 19, 2013
Egba mi o !
I heard Rainbow FM had denied speaking with Sen. Iyabo. Is it true? Can somebody give credence to the news.

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Opiosko: 6:13am On Dec 19, 2013
Iyabo pls complete ur story, tell us how he molested u after beating ur mother all the while u were a kid, and how he screwed Gbenga's wife when he was the president.

11 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by gratiaeo(m): 6:17am On Dec 19, 2013
This is good for our democracy

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by emmaliveth10(m): 6:19am On Dec 19, 2013
Letter letter everywhere!this is getting interesting by the day!

2 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by wirinet(m): 6:25am On Dec 19, 2013
I am having a hard time relating the headline to the story. Where is the story on why Iyabo gave up on her dad?

1 Like

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by ceo4eva: 6:39am On Dec 19, 2013
wirinet: I am having a hard time relating the headline to the story. Where is the story on why Iyabo gave up on her dad?
I've Updated the story
Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by lincolnj88: 6:41am On Dec 19, 2013
grin as my yoruba intellectuals will say wen obj 18 page textbook gat to gej desk..... Lets forget the messenger and focus on the message...
Do you think this man is fit to giv advice to this nation... little wonder why abacha jailed him for running his wide mouth.........
Baba kpele oh grin

12 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by fiizznation: 6:44am On Dec 19, 2013
;DLetters flowing everywhere
They say we can't rule.
They said we were the ones that crippled d nation under our donkey years of military dictatorship.
Now that they occupy the seat of power, what r we seeing•. "Comedy upon comedy" grin
Jonadunce till 2019

3 Likes

Re: Iyabo Obasanjo: Why I Gave Up On My Dad by Nobody: 6:46am On Dec 19, 2013
I know the Obasanjo family very well..and a personal friend to Iyabo...I a number of personal things she allegedly said are true (not all). However, I don't think she wrote them, someone that knows some of these details may have fabricated it. Iyabo is a well trained Yoruba woman and the last thing she will do is to ridicule her father in public.

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Femi Fani-Kayode Visits Olusegun Obasanjo In Abeokuta (Photo) / Two Pastors’ Wives Fight Dirty Over Politicians’ Bags Of Rice Sharing Formula / LP Gains Massively In Maiduguri, Borno State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.