Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence (30937 Views)

Ten Ways To Develope And Boost Self Confidence / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / University Degree Only For Gaining Self Confidence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by davidknot22(m): 10:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
I disagree with most of your points.though,u talk sense but wanna tell u dat if u really wanna boost your confidence quickly, it all would start by participating in social gathering,speaking in crowd,answering questions in sunday school classes e.t.c and to make it sharp for guyz,walk to any girl u love and toast her,it also would increase your confidence.I beg where I fit get bike from oshodi to oju elegba?
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Adek15: yeah! I have low self confidence(not very low though) majorly because i'm a stamerer. How can i help myself

some pple say stammering is one of the effects of low self-confidence and to others, its the other way round. which means, to build your self-confidence is to help you reduce the stammering and vice versa.
1st thing you should do is stop wondering why you stammer. if you can forget that fact then it becomes way easier to develop your confidence. also learn to speak up, attend events where you are required to talk. talk more without worrying about stammering. public speaking is a great way to build confidence and in your case, it also helps with the stammering. you only have low self-confidence because you are worried about speaking, so why dont you speak anyway!?
also, dont be bothered about the ppl around. if you stammer but speak confidently, there is a high chance that your listeners will not even notice. once again, FAKE IT TILL YOU BECOME IT. be bold, speak out. what"s the worst that can happen?
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
OP
U 4GOT
HAVING THIS TOO BUILDS UR CONFIDENCE

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
gconnect: Having self confidence is infant everything we need in every aspect of our lives because this life is all abt u and your association wit others... I agree wit u @OP.. But i hv a little question here, what if in a situation whereby someone suffers frm this "brain block" (ie. easily forget things he/she hv learnt withn a short period of time)... This can realy cause a "low self confidence" and negative thoughts... So Cud there b any solution to this challenge? Pls ur answer wil b highly appreciated

as a student that has written tons of exams (incourses as we call them), brain block is a common symptom. sometimes, the best way to learn is to forget and re-learn. forgetting is natural, especially if are trying to learn so many things at the same time e.g. cramming. here is a quote from my most recent article on my website on Decisions, Memory and consciousness "How many people have memorized for an exam only to have a 'brain block'? In cramming we actively force data from our conscious to unconscious. And the way the unconscious works is that once there is an interruption this information flow is broken and retrieving data from the mind becomes difficult." you can read more on this link http://qbizlinx.com/entries/general/decisions-memory-and-consciousness-

basically, the cure to brain-block is its prevention. if its in terms of exams, start learning/reading on time so you wouldn't have to crash-read.
this way, if you forget what you have learnt, you can easily re-learn it and it sticks better. another tip is to learn to develop short codes or mnemonics that you can remember and then translate into hat you have learnt. and in general life, have a diary and a to-do list. here you can easily jot down important things. so when you forget, it refreshes your brain. i hope this works for you.
thanx.

3 Likes

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ninejaywon: A nice write-up.Now let me talk to u folks out there.It's not all about reading this write-up and commending it without acting on it.Please and please,ACT ON IT because it is imperative.
true talk bro. dont procrastinate, act now.
that reminds me, you can also read about Fighting procrastination on my site. would probably post it on NL later on. www.qbizlinx.com/blog
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
onimcee1: It will be foolish of me not to say, THANK YOU.
lol... you are welcome. thanx for reading.
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Keyana(f): 10:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
Wow! Lovely and inspiring. (y)
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Keyana(f): 10:56pm On Dec 21, 2013
flolancracker: undecided walking fast?
oh yes, it makes you feel strong, alert and confident about yourself.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Akinsnaira: 11:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Tanx alot @op
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Mightymanna(m): 11:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
lyly911: Number 15 says alot about Nadia-SA. I like dt girl alot she is so swt and nice. Be warned!!! I am nt a lesbian ..am very much straight....for those of you dat have bad minds
see this girl shooting herself before she recieve the real b*****
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Adek15(m): 1:18am On Dec 22, 2013
da_mcqute:

some pple say stammering is one of the effects of low self-confidence and to others, its the other way round. which means, to build your self-confidence is to help you reduce the stammering and vice versa.
1st thing you should do is stop wondering why you stammer. if you can forget that fact then it becomes way easier to develop your confidence. also learn to speak up, attend events where you are required to talk. talk more without worrying about stammering. public speaking is a great way to build confidence and in your case, it also helps with the stammering. you only have low self-confidence because you are worried about speaking, so why dont you speak anyway!?
also, dont be bothered about the ppl around. if you stammer but speak confidently, there is a high chance that your listeners will not even notice. once again, FAKE IT TILL YOU BECOME IT. be bold, speak out. what"s the worst that can happen?
tanx, i'l start working on that
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by fadarmson41: 2:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Tnx alot! More wisdom implaced
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Filmewell(f): 3:20am On Dec 22, 2013
pls what of me that keep telling my self 'no one likes me' how do i work on this.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by ReservoirEngr: 6:42am On Dec 22, 2013
Nice post... You can't imagine how much impact this will make. Cool piece. Thanks for sharing
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by GodsFavourite1(f): 7:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Nice post and good write up.well,in regard to social gathering,meeting people and collecting number,sometimes we human beings have mindsets that are different.if for instance I a girl approach a guy and wanna engage in a conversation,it will look awkward cos what I have in mind might be different from what the guy is thinking.I must commend your write up.this piece sums up brian tracy's book MAXIMUM ACHIEVEMENT.to me,the easiset way to boost your self confidence is when you are with positive people.I have a challenge not really a problem doe.in gatherings,I don't really talk much,cos I don't hear very well(partial deaf) so in other for people not to notice,I don't speak much in public.so what should I do?

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by kolamilan(m): 7:30am On Dec 22, 2013
nice info.
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by emmabest2000(m): 7:38am On Dec 22, 2013
Kingtim: I dey Vex.. Make nobody hold me o.. angry
hug wet trans lipsrsealed
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Nikkyfash: 7:54am On Dec 22, 2013
I love d complement part. Bt is it good to flatter at tyms even though the person dos nt worth our complement?
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by torbie(m): 8:23am On Dec 22, 2013
nice writeup, worth reading...
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by charony(m): 9:08am On Dec 22, 2013
Interesting......
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 22, 2013
Nadia_SA1: awww thanks sweet..

Its a pity u not les sad wanted to take u out on a date
shocked shocked
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Nobody: 9:19am On Dec 22, 2013
da_mcqute:

yes sir. Confident people walk with a purpose. they have important things to do, places to go to. increasing your pace can give the impression of confidence and purpose. its about your projection to others. Your perception soon becomes your reality.

one thing we should all learn is a statement i learnt some months ago. DON'T JUST FAKE IT TILL YOU MAKE IT, FAKE IT TILL YOU BECOME IT.

Mind you, i haven't said you should act fake. this applies when you are having that depressing feeling that you done belong somewhere, or you dont deserve something. For example, you are lucky to get a job that you feel is above your qualification, instead of you to act like you don't deserve it (by showing low self-confidence) act like you are there for a reason. Act like you deserve to be where you are, and work hard to prove that you are indeed worth it.
i hope you understand this.
Im so into this! Inspiring!
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by NadiaSA1(f): 9:33am On Dec 22, 2013
nouveaux:
shocked shocked
angry angry
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 22, 2013
Nadia_SA1: angry angry
loooooooooolz :*
Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:06am On Dec 22, 2013
Filmewell: pls what of me that keep telling my self 'no one likes me' how do i work on this.
good morning,
my question to you is why do you tell yourself that? what is the reason behind that thought? Are you a bad person? do you do evil deeds? if not, then surely some people like you.
do you think so because of your looks? or because of your attitude towards somethings? the truth is, not everyone will like you. and its almost impossible for "no one" to like you. even the devil has his followers.
so, u need to figure out why. then work on your psyche as mentioned in the OP. Learn to stop telling yourself that. if you are kind and generous to others, people will like you and they will show it. if you pay compliments to pple, you'll make them smile and if you can make anyone smile, you will be liked. in summary, be good. be friendly. be very good at something. do things you love doing. don't worry about what people say. Improve on your self and personality i.e work hard to be a better person. dont worry, for asking me this question, i like you already.
have a great day.

2 Likes

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 10:25am On Dec 22, 2013
Nikkyfash: I love d complement part. Bt is it good to flatter at tyms even though the person dos nt worth our complement?
no, it is not good. Avoid lying as it may damage ones reputation. its better to keep silent. although u can always find one thing that you actually like in a person. talk about that

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by Pchizy: 11:04am On Dec 22, 2013
truly, I dont think any one here is happier than I am. Quite knowledgeable and interesting. Thanks @op. You know what? Practical time activated

3 Likes

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by millhouse: 11:30am On Dec 22, 2013
Thanks bro

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by berbajiday(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2013
This is awesome, was well worth my time. God bless you OP, couldn't have been better said.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
God's Favourite:
Nice post and good write up.well,in regard to social gathering,meeting people and collecting number,sometimes we human beings have mindsets that are different.if for instance I a girl approach a guy and wanna engage in a conversation,it will look awkward cos what I have in mind might be different from what the guy is thinking.I must commend your write up.this piece sums up brian tracy's book MAXIMUM ACHIEVEMENT.to me,the easiset way to boost your self confidence is when you are with positive people.I have a challenge not really a problem doe.in gatherings,I don't really talk much,cos I don't hear very well(partial deaf) so in other for people not to notice,I don't speak much in public.so what should I do?

I understand. Public speaking is not the only way to boost confidence. Try the other tips. But you can do more. If you meet someone for the 1st time that you are likely to be engaged in a conversation with, instead of making them find out on their own, or pretending, be the one to tell them. You don't need to explain much. U can even joke with it, this will help you break the ice. The person will understand. Once you get that out of your way, you'll have fun.

1 Like

Re: 20 Ways To Instantly Build Your Self-confidence by damcqute(m): 12:10pm On Dec 22, 2013
berbajiday: This is awesome, was well worth my time. God bless you OP, couldn't have been better said.

Thanx. God bless you too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Charity Bassey, Airport Cleaner Returns $6000 (N2M) She Found In The Toilet / Outcome Of 1st Meeting Of The National Association Of Unemployed Graduate (NAUG) / Abdullahi Olatoye, The Windscreen Cleaner : A Victim Of Our Lost Humanity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.