Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,728 members, 7,805,981 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:40 AM

How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me (1975 Views)

How Girls Of 21st Century Pose When Taking Pictures / Pic-why Do Ladies Posture Themselves Like This When Taking Picture / Why Do Girls Like Pouting When Taking Selfies??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 7:41am On Dec 19, 2013
Good day peeps.

There's this female friend of mine. We've known each other for quite a while but really became close friends not too long ago.
There's this thing she does whenever we're talking, I dunno y but it pisses me off.
She automatically starts to form british accent angry

Pls how do I POLITELY tell her to stop and be herself and SPEAK NORMAL ENGLISH undecided
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 7:47am On Dec 19, 2013
Thats a characteristic of some 9ja chicks. They believe faking a british accent is poshy. Btw, does she use that same british accent when talking to her friends? And did she start faking the accent after you two started dating or has it been there even when you two were just 'friends'?
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 7:54am On Dec 19, 2013
Vessi: Thats a characteristic of some 9ja chicks. They believe faking a british accent is poshy. Btw, does she use that same british accent when talking to her friends?
. NO. She speaks lyk every normal nigerian. Her natural accent aint bad at all infact.
And did she start faking the accent after you two started dating or has it been there even when you two were just 'friends'?
we're not dating.
Yes she started it when became closer friends.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by prettyem(f): 8:01am On Dec 19, 2013
Op u sed u are 'closer frends' shey? Tell her jokingly den let hr knw dat u mean it or mimick her constanly,she'll be irritated & forced 2 stop or better stl wen she starts hr queens english respond in pidgin....lets see aw it goes

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Exponental(m): 8:04am On Dec 19, 2013
Are u guys from same tribe? If yes, stop speaking english (when not official) to her again, speak ur local language n make it clear in ur language dat u dont appreciate her britico stuff.
If no, tell her u appreciate nature dat u dont appreciate d britico stuff.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:05am On Dec 19, 2013
prettyem: Op u sed u are 'closer frends' shey? Tell her jokingly den let hr knw dat u mean it or mimick her constanly,she'll be irritated & forced 2 stop or better stl wen she starts hr queens english respond in pidgin....lets see aw it goes

Aha! smiley wonderful ideas. I'll try these.
Thanks smiley

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 8:05am On Dec 19, 2013
Alright prettyem has said it all.
I thought friends are open to eachother?
Why are you too shy/weak to tell her what you feel?

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:07am On Dec 19, 2013
Exponental: Are u guys from same tribe? If yes, stop speaking english (when not official) to her again, speak ur local language n make it clear in ur language dat u dont appreciate her britico stuff.
we're not from d same tribe. Thanks anyway. Ur opinion is appreciated.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:09am On Dec 19, 2013
Vessi: Alright prettyem has said it all.
I thought friends are open to eachother?
Why are you too shy/weak to tell her what you feel?
I wouldn't say I'm 'shy/weak'. I just didn't wan2 'sound' rude.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 19, 2013
top notched guy: I wouldn't say I'm 'shy/weak'. I just didn't wan2 'sound' rude.
are you a polite guy?
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:27am On Dec 19, 2013
Vessi: are you a polite guy?
very
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:34am On Dec 19, 2013
Feel free to add ur suggestions pals. Thanks in advance
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Kingblingz(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2013
Op u no go school?
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 19, 2013
top notched guy: very
then say it however you wish to say it. If you are polite as you said then whatever that comes out from those lips would be damn unrude grin
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 8:47am On Dec 19, 2013
King_blingz: Op u no go school?

No sir.
I've neva seen the 4 walls of a classroom in my entire life embarassed
Happy?undecided

Kindly post what's relevant to d topic.
Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Taiwo20(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2013
Give her a very hot slap....
And tell her not to ever use such accent with you again......
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 19, 2013
Izzit yooo mouth? Why you so concerned?

It's just a phase. She will outgrow it.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nuzo1(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2013
If she still forms for you, it means you guys are not as very close as you said.

I will advise you to go with the flow as there's little or no polite way to tell a girl what you dislike about her. Things will fall in place when you guys really get closer.

As for me, I will even encourage her if she speaks it well. After all, that's the kind of accent every English speaker is supposed to have.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by bhaliz44(m): 9:30am On Dec 19, 2013
top notched guy: Good day peeps.

There's this female friend of mine. We've known each other for quite a while but really became close friends not too long ago.
There's this thing she does whenever we're talking, I dunno y but it pisses me off.

Pls how do I POLITELY tell her to stop and be herself and SPEAK NORMAL ENGLISH undecided
U No Wellangry

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by sweettease(f): 9:31am On Dec 19, 2013
grin grin grin Op if her name is chioma and she is light skinned, forget it! She is my ex roommate, she won't change and she will pick offense grin
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 9:59am On Dec 19, 2013
oluafolabi:
It's just a phase. She will outgrow it.
anoda clever perspective. Thankz
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 10:07am On Dec 19, 2013
sweet-tease:
grin grin grin Op if her name is chioma and she is light skinned, forget it! She is my ex roommate, she won't change and she will pick offense grin
grin. Lmao. Her name aint chioma.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by tpia5: 10:13am On Dec 19, 2013
She needs to stop talking to you.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 10:25am On Dec 19, 2013
What if she is trying it on you for a reason?

I once had to work with a telemarketing company and my zulu sucked...my supervisor told me to go and learn...or else and the clients at d other end of the phone calls can be mean, they notice your accent and they stop speaking English and stick to their native tongue.... what would u av me do?

I started torturing my flatmates with the thing..

Didn't tell them why till later...cos I didn't want them to b biased. Do u think I wouldn't av appreciated it if they had said

'siisi, you suck!"

I got sacked by d way

1 Like

Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by kajole(m): 10:31am On Dec 19, 2013
What would i say now that would be new to the ears?

I dont know
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by sweettease(f): 10:40am On Dec 19, 2013
mizzthang: What if she is trying it on you for a reason?

I once had to work with a telemarketing company and my zulu sucked...my supervisor told me to go and learn...or else and the clients at d other end of the phone calls can be mean, they notice your accent and they stop speaking English and stick to their native tongue.... what would u av me do?

Didn't tell them why till later...cos I didn't want them to b biased. Do u think I wouldn't av appreciated it if they had said

'siisi, you suck!"

I got sacked by d way
Chioma's own is different oo, she invents her own pronounciation of words just to form oral English and sometimes we won't even know what she is talking about.

My point is some gals(lik chioma) just want to form
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 19, 2013
Exponental: Are u guys from same tribe? If yes, stop speaking english (when not official) to her again, speak ur local language n make it clear in ur language dat u dont appreciate her britico stuff.
This.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by tpia5: 10:49am On Dec 19, 2013
When friends start to run you down or feel insecure in your presence, its time to let them go.

A word is enough for the wise, very few friendships last forever and these days some would just as soon finish you off as look as you.

Its that easy.
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by skyscraperTM(m): 11:01am On Dec 19, 2013
everybody haff their style and swag. people want to have a reputation that differentate them from others so get used to it. for example, girls loff me because of my american handset. cheque ma signature. #grin
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by fijiano202(m): 11:12am On Dec 19, 2013
top notched guy: Good day peeps.
its kinda normal,it seems shes not yet comfortable with u thats why shes still trying to form,if shes truely ur Friend give her sometime to come out of her shell,with time u wont even notice when she starts speaking the local dialet with you
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2013
fijiano202: its kinda normal,it seems shes not yet comfortable with u thats why shes still trying to form,if shes truely ur Friend give her sometime to come out of her shell,with time u wont even notice when she starts speaking the local dialet with you

Sum1 suggested this b4 and I think this is dis is what I'll do.
Thanks
Re: How Do I Tell Her To Stop 'forming' Accent When Taking To Me by topnotchedguy: 11:38am On Dec 19, 2013
mizzthang: What if she is trying it on you for a reason?

'siisi, you suck!"

I got sacked by d way
this is definitely not d case here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Do You Cope When Your Partner Is On Nairaland / Words Are Not Enough To Express How Much I Love You And I Need You 24/7 / 5 Simple Ways To Keep Your Relationship Alive [men Only]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.