Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,103 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:11 PM

D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela (9403 Views)

Exclusive Photos From The 2012 Koko Concert / D'banj Koko Concert To Be Hosted By Idris Elba. / Cabo Snoop Live In Lagos for the Koko Concert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 19, 2013
The Pop singer himself made the announcement on his Twitter, explaining that the yearly concert was cancelled because of the ‘Madiba Legacy Concert‘ which held yesterday (December 18, 2013) at The Oceanview Restaurant, Victoria Island, Lagos.

‘Hey Kokolets,the yearly Koko Concert has been cancelled because of the Madiba Legacy Concert happening tomorrow at the Ocean View event center!!‘, he wrote.

D’banj’s reason for cancelling the event does sound very cheeky as we wonder how a one-day tribute concert (which he clearly did not put together) would stop him from holding his own show this December.

He has however promised to make it up to his fans by hosting three ‘Koko Parties’ this yuletide season. ‘Not to worry I’m hosting 3 Koko parties this season for my Dear FANS’, he added.

The first Koko Concert was held in the UK (2010) with the following year’s holding in Nigeria. Last year, D’banj brought G.O.O.D Music acts Big Sean, Pusha T along with Tinie Tempah and Idris Elba for the concert.

http://thenet.ng/2013/12/dbanj-says-he-cancelled-koko-concert-2013-in-honour-of-mandela-yeah-right/

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Tolexander: 9:01am On Dec 19, 2013
The same koko concert we witnessed how it was organised last year?
What a funny excuse!

4 Likes

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by kenlash1(m): 12:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
D dude nor fit organise am or him music for dis year nor make hit reach to hold concert,

3 Likes

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Indifferent(m): 1:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mandela don sufer.
Pesin barb hair, e say na for Mandela.
Pesin steal fowl e say na for Mandela.
Pesin kidnap e say na for Mandela
D'banj couldn't take the risk of organising another concert as the last one didnt rock... Now na Mandela again. Make una allow the guy rest jor.
#R.I.P MADIBA

22 Likes

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by LMAyedun(m): 2:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
D'banj tryna hide under Mandela's death...
Is it not the same show with poor planning & poor Organizing last year undecided

Make D'banj park well Jare!

R I P Mandela, better person.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Clemzy16(m): 2:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
Silly excuse. Last year's edition of koko concert was a big flop and this year is not going to be different. Imagine his fans had to trek a very long distance before they could get to the new venue and they weren't informed beforehand. The worst part was that, the foreign artiste he promise will come (i think kanye west or so) didn't show up. Rubbish! He is just using mandela's death as an excuse to mediocrity.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by onihaxy: 2:19pm On Dec 19, 2013
Noted
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by iamswizz(m): 2:20pm On Dec 19, 2013
madiba wey no even know you.. undecided

I remember last year's cocoa concert grin people wey pay VIP dey stand with the 'REGULAR' peeps grin
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by kilode95(f): 2:21pm On Dec 19, 2013
Mandela ko...
Abi no money undecided
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Mulahmanbmr(m): 2:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
K
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by FunnyPikincom(m): 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
What nah!!

Is Mandela a music icon??
Had he cancelled his Concert in honour of Michael Jackson or even Goldie, it would have been understandable....

Dapo Banji.....You just lost a loyal fan
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
If i break your head...mandella ko,ellaman ni,confess say you no get money before pastor t.b Joshua go vex.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Ahmed0336(m): 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ok we don hear what next?
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by kulikuli45: 2:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
HONOUR of LIFE!!!!
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by duni04(m): 2:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
M not going to work 2day and tomorrow in honor of mandela grin
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by hollajay(m): 2:28pm On Dec 19, 2013
Madiba! ...went to his dreams
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Alikaxon(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by sammyyoung2(m): 2:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
lies
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by igbsam(m): 2:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Niqqa is broke.......He aint got no dime to organize nuffin. Music didn't sell this year. Niqqa looking for excuses grin Is mandela your relative ?
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by rioemmanuel(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
eja nla himself

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by spicyv1(f): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
I did not want to comment on this thread because I am appalled on behalf of D'banj's fans that he thinks of them as stewpid!

However, I quickly realized I'd be dishonouring the great Mandela if I didn't comment and so in honor of Mandela, I have commented.

Please this man should be allowed to rest already.
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by dridowu: 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
cancel koko concert cos of madiba ? everybody just day use madiba name. OK sha i too won't talk to ladies for d remaining days of d year cos of madiba also
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Nobody: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Nice one hun...I love you kiss

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by rioemmanuel(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
igbsam: Niqqa is broke.......He aint got no dime to organize nuffin. Music didn't sell this year. Niqqa looking for excuses grin Is mandela your relative ?

Sum1 is planning on how to buy his private jet u are here sayin he is broke.

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by wonlasewonimi: 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
More like people didn't buy ticket to come and listen to 'Eyin boys e gba oju e'.
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Alikaxon(m): 2:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
D'banj, "don't tell me nonsence" ur reason nor make sence.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by spicyv1(f): 2:38pm On Dec 19, 2013
igbsam: Niqqa is broke.......He aint got no dime to organize nuffin. Music didn't sell this year. Niqqa looking for excuses grin Is mandela your relative ?

You must be a learner! You should have known that D'banj is the son of Madiba's cousin's inlaw's grandpa's uncle who was also my neighbours' husband's bestfriend!

This is why I know he is "closely" related. grin cool
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Indifferent: Mandela don sufer.
Pesin barb hair, e say na for Mandela.
Pesin steal fowl e say na for Mandela.
Pesin kidnap e say na for Mandela.

D'banj couldn't take the risk of organising another concert as the last one didnt rock... Now na Mandela again. Make una allow the guy rest jor.
#R.I.P MADIBA

LOL.
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by spicyv1(f): 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
rioemmanuel:

Sum1 is planning on how to buy his private jet u are here sayin he is broke.
I jus Pirry U

Thank goodness you said planning. Anybody can plan! Are you not planning to buy one of Mandela's Estate? Just like I am planning to buy Oprah Winfrey Network...

So long as we never see say he own jet, all na wash aka dreams in the pipeline.

2 Likes

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
grin grin grin

No Kidding. This got me. grin grin grin
Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by yuzedo: 2:43pm On Dec 19, 2013
LMAO! Oga no get wetin e wan sing, just talk true, eja kere... grin

1 Like

Re: D’banj Cancels Koko Concert 2013 In Honour Of Mandela by spicyv1(f): 2:45pm On Dec 19, 2013
duni04: M not going to work 2day and tomorrow in honor of mandela grin

Yes.. I have to embark on a day of sleeping, eating and lounging in honor of Madiba wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ALBUM: Download Small Doctor – Street Ambassador (full Album Tracks) / Davido - Ekuro (new Video) / Full Album Download: Pasuma - “my World” Album

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.