Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,970 members, 7,806,805 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. (3713 Views)

When Gbajabiamila And APC Lawmakers Blocked 2014 Budget / Missing Budget: APC Reacts To Call For Buhari's Impeachment / If Diezani Stole £13b (3.9trn) What's Nigeria 2014 Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Symphony007: 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
At 11:00am this morning, the minister for finance and cordinating minister for the economy, ngozi okonjo iweala presented the 2014 budget to both house of the national assembly on behalf of pres. Jonathan. Mrs okonjo iweala first laid the budget before the senate where everything went on smoothly and within minutes, she and her entourage laid the bill and were excused from the senate chamber.

However, when the minister arrived the house of representative and was invited by the speaker to lay the house. She was met with shouts of "APC...APC..APC" by members of the opposition, apparently making clear their ownership of the chamber due to their new found majority. Members of the PDP responded by shouting PDP too. The minister then went on to shake hands with the PDP house leaders prompting APC members to demand she shakes their leaders too. She did. Prompting more chants of "APC" from the opposition and return chants of "PDP" by it's members. The minister left the chamber in noise and rival chants. This might have been the reason the president declined presenting the budget himself, and nigerians are beginning to see the consequences for the first time in our democracy of divided government.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by UnknownT: 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can bet that majority of them(APC,PDP,ETC) don't even understand what budget presentation is all about angry

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Reptyle(m): 1:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
They would have heckled the hell out of President Jonathan.

It is a good thing he saved himself that embarrassment.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by asha80(m): 1:26pm On Dec 19, 2013
are these reps kids?

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Symphony007: 1:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, today i saw the difference between the senate and house of representatives. I now know why one is higher and the other is lower. The senators were so gracious and respectfull. Everything went without a single distraction. They are really distinguished senators. Meanwhile the representatives are just kids. The section was noise,chants and jeers throughout. I think i understand why jonathan declined attending but i still think they would have shown the president a level of respect.

9 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by awodman: 1:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
Symphony007: Ladies and gentlemen, today i saw the difference between the senate and house of representatives. I now know why one is higher and the other is lower. The senators were so gracious and respectfull. Everything went without a single distraction. They are really distinguished senators. Meanwhile the representatives are just kids. The section was noise,chants and jeers throughout. I think i understand why jonathan declined attending but i still think they would have shown the president a level of respect.
I have been saying this for ages thank God someone is seeing same thing now...You just have to give it to David Mark and the mature way he handles issues

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by themaskedman: 1:42pm On Dec 19, 2013
After all the noise and chant they are going to discuss the budget that‘s if they understand truly what it contains.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Tolexander: 1:47pm On Dec 19, 2013
That is barbaric!

Why did they have to shout their party on the budget concerning the whole nigeria. Are they there to represent the party or their constituencies?

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by PaulJohn1: 1:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
asha 80: are these reps kids?

Our reps have always been uncivilized and ill mannered, from '99 till date.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Nobody: 2:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tambuwal acting like a kid and being push like zombieee by APC. SUG parliament Excos in Universities won't even act the way they did. Aren't there APC in Senate, I applaud David Mark for his matured leadership. This really shows they are Agbero party without knowing there civic responsibility.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by kaeycea(m): 2:04pm On Dec 19, 2013
It's now i understand d wisdom of mr president decision to delegate dis role to d Minister... Dis house of rep is full of clown, jesters that would hv played a better role in Nollywood... What a shame
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Olaolufred(m): 3:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
COMPETITIVE POLITICS WILL DO BETTER FOR NIGERIAN.

BUT THE OPPOSITION MUST BE PREPARED FOR ROBUST DIALOGUE ON ISSUES.

WITH THE APC REPS CLOSING IN ON PDP'S IN NUMBER, IT IS A +VE DEVELOPMENT.

WE EXPECT SOME DECAMPING IN SENATE. IT WILL MAKE OUR POLITICIAN AT THE CENTRE TO SIT UP.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by BennoitKenny: 3:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
Most members of the REPS are touts who were opportune by numbers to gain admission into the HOUSE. Some of them are land sellers in Lagos and Abuja. They are not worthy to make the nation proud. Next election for the REPS must be screened with a proof of a degree certificate, though I know they can still forge one as touts.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Slizbeat(m): 3:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
House of reps.....isn't their work to represent their constituency??

Why shout her down and chant like they could do better?? I tire oo.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by gtrust: 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Symphony007: Ladies and gentlemen, today i saw the difference between the senate and house of representatives. I now know why one is higher and the other is lower. The senators were so gracious and respectfull. Everything went without a single distraction. They are really distinguished senators. Meanwhile the representatives are just kids. The section was noise,chants and jeers throughout. I think i understand why jonathan declined attending but i still think they would have shown the president a level of respect.

Don't worry about them.
I saw GEJ & his 'body language' is atleast 37 House of rep members & the Speaker will be voted out in 2015.
PDP will restore order there in 2015.

The Speaker will be voted out in 2015 as from day 1 he moved to the opposition to win the speakership.

2015 will be very interesting.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by lincolnj88: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
grin not suprised..... That house of reps honestly should scrapped out.... Take your time and listen to them you will discover they dont know the meaning of constituency...
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by ShineIt: 3:39pm On Dec 19, 2013
And these are supposed to be representatives of the Nigerian people.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Reptyle(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2013
lincolnj88: grin not suprised..... That house of reps honestly should scrapped out.... Take your time and listen to them you will discover they dont know the meaning of constituency...

I do not agree they should be scrapped. They are the more active chamber of the federal legislature...much more active than David Mark's senate. I just think they need to tone down the radicalism a bit. A forum for the President to present the budget should not degenerate to a shouting match between political parties.

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Toktee(m): 4:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
gtrust:

Don't worry about them.
I saw GEJ & his 'body language' is atleast 37 House of rep members & the Speaker will be voted out in 2015.
PDP will restore order there in 2015.

The Speaker will be voted out in 2015 as from day 1 he moved to the opposition to win the speakership.

2015 will be very interesting.
Keep dreaming ok,by the time ur timid president wakeup,apc is long gone with the remaining pdp members in the house of reps,the attention will shift to the senate,as for their shouting,any pdp e-tout dat is nt happy should to the high way and wait for the oncoming trailer.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Symphony007: 4:03pm On Dec 19, 2013
In a way this is how the framers of the bicameral legislature wanted it to be. An upper house of distinguished men, older men, men who debate bills with common sense and realism rather than passion. Then a lower house of younger people, passionate people, who debate bills as it concerns their constituencies interest and not national. They tend to make rash decisions and it is the job of the upper house to check and balance those rash decisions. E.g the u.k house of lords and house of commons, u.s senate and house of representatives, canadian senate and house of commons,etc..

4 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Toktee(m): 4:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Reptyle:

I do not agree they should be scrapped. They are the more active chamber of the federal legislature...much more active than David Mark's senate. I just think they need to tone down the radicalism a bit. A forum for the President to present the budget should not degenerate to a shouting match between political parties.
She was lucky they do nt sent her away,did the president supposed to sent someone(a minister)to present a budget?
It does nt happened b4 in the history of nigeria.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by pigin: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
This is what you get when Apc members are majority of the House"""""" thought they were agitating for Gej to be impeached or is Gej now there candidate..... Bunch of Old fools... In the exact word of Tukur Gej is our candidate..""""""""

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by mike404(m): 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Tolexander: That is barbaric!

Why did they have to shout their party on the budget concerning the whole nigeria. Are they there to represent the party or their constituencies?
VIOLENCE ISTHE TRADEMARK OF YOUR MUSLIM BROTHERHOOD PARTY
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Longeria(m): 4:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
pigin: This is what you get when Apc members are majority of the House"""""" thought they were agitating for Gej to be impeached or is Gej now there candidate..... Bunch of Old fools... In the exact word of Tukur Gej is our candidate..""""""""
There is big difference between fresh air and hurricane, those complaining that fresh air is too mild may not live to explain the effect of hurricane which APC represent, but God forbid.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Ngwakwe: 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2013
Thank goodness you saw what I anticipated will happen today which I presume made GEJ to take such decision to save himself the impending embarrassment in the lower chamber.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Kairoseki77: 4:59pm On Dec 19, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy [size=18pt]THE BIRTH OF TWO PARTY DEMOCRACY!!!!!!!![/size] cheesy cheesy cheesy

This is a new beginning for Nigeria. Our democracy has finally come of age. We should all be proud.

We don't want to end up like South Africa, with a one party dictatorship. It breeds corruption and mediocrity.
We are moving in the direction of Ghana, and the USA.

This is a proud moment. Only cowards and the corrupt have reason to fear competition.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by obayaya(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
the difference between GEJ and OBJ..

GEJ is one smart guy that make calculated moves.. that's why he sent Aunty Ngozi

If it were OBJ.. he would have gone there nevertheless and unleash EFCC the next day..

That house of reps needs to watch it.. they need to comport themselves like representatives of the people

2 Likes

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Sagytarius(m): 5:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
However, when the minister arrived the house of representative and was invited by
the speaker to lay the house. She was met with shouts of "APC...APC..APC" by
members of the opposition, apparently making clear their ownership of the chamber
due to their new found majority.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1449918__NG_20SOCHIMA20_NG____10_jpgdca012511fa5eb2b388076b3a0104127
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by drnoel: 5:48pm On Dec 19, 2013
UnknownTroll: kids!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i can bet that majority of them(APC,PDP,ETC) don't even understand what budget presentation is all about angry
That happens when u force illetrates, thugs, cutthroats like we have in the house on the masses.
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by abbakacici: 5:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
lincolnj88: grin not suprised..... That house of reps honestly should scrapped out.... Take your time and listen to them you will discover they dont know the meaning of constituency...
wow so Sanate that are practically useless to nigerians, which make any administration like them from OBJ-Yar'dua to GEJ because they are just rubber stamp, they power should increase because they are non treat to the GEJ, and the most active champer should be scrapped. from example ITA SOLOMON JAMES ENANG of AKWA IBOM and SEN. AHMED ABDUL NINGI of BAUCHI are really active in the lower chamber but now sorry to said that almost useless i mean in term of making laws that will change the live of ordinary to preventing the excutive to making that they think the laws have no real value to nigerian
Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by Delafruita(m): 6:02pm On Dec 19, 2013
Bennoit Kenny: Most members of the REPS are touts who were opportune by numbers to gain admission into the HOUSE. Some of them are land sellers in Lagos and Abuja. They are not worthy to make the nation proud. Next election for the REPS must be screened with a proof of a degree certificate, though I know they can still forge one as touts.
that doesn't take away the fact the house of rep has shown itself to be more proactive,focused and vocal than the senate.the senate has become an extension of the presidency with the senate president been content to remain neutral on topical issues,david mark prefers to ask nigerians to ffast and pray about ASUU strike than to wade in byasking gej to do the right thing.the house has shown that it can and is willing to be totally independent of party or presidential directives.it has chosen to be what it was meant to be which is a place for elected officials from all over nigeria to make laws and take steps that not only enrich our democracy,but also prosper uys as a nation.its not suprising that the senate always lags behind on issues of prime inportance.whereas the reps had concluded their findings into oduah's car scandal and released their report,the senate hasn't even been able to get its acts together.been a legislator isn't about been calm or been a "big man",it's about been passionate and been "rascally".how many of our senators can endure a 24-hr fillibuster?but I can bet you the members of the house of reps are more than capable.

1 Like

Re: Okonjo Iweala Submits 2014 Budget, APC Members chant slogans. by OPCNAIRALAND: 6:06pm On Dec 19, 2013
Reptyle: They would have heckled the hell out of President Jonathan.

It is a good thing he saved himself that embarrassment.

Thats true, but he cannot avoid them forever. Sooner or later he will have to face them. The longer he waits the more they grow in number and opposition.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pictures: Ekiti First Lady To Be and her husband's Photoshoot / OAU Students Booed Jonathan! SUG President And PRO Are Liars!!!*(PICTURES)* / Gen. Tarfa (rtd): We Did Not Have Wasc When We Joined The Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.