Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,333 members, 7,780,871 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 01:21 AM

Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? (3854 Views)

Obasanjo Is Indirectly Playing A Major Role Fighting War Against Corruption / The Social Media Played A Major Role In The Victory Of Buhari / South Africa Says Her Soldiers Are Playing A Major Role Against Boko Haram. Lol (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 2:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
Choosing Only One: Between Hardwork and Prayer which is likely to make one successful in life?

We all know most successful people usually join both together when talking about what made them successful in life but which one seems to be stronger and play a major role in one's success in life

Hardwork Or Prayer
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 19, 2013
Neither guarantees success.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by gtrust: 4:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
Both! You pray and go out there and work hard!
God WILL bless the work of your 'hands'!
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 4:11pm On Dec 19, 2013
gtrust: Both! You pray and go out there and work hard!
God WILL bless the work of your 'hands'!

If one is to solely depend on ONE which will it be?
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by shevon: 4:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
You should work hard at what gives you pleasure and pray for God to bless the work of your hand.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 4:18pm On Dec 19, 2013
shevon: You should work hard at what gives you pleasure and pray for God to bless the work of your hand.

We are still getting this whole thing twisted.
if someone is to choose ONLY ONE which will it be?
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by mrking3(m): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2013
well, since i'm forced to choose one, i will go with HARDWORK during my Uni days, i worked very hard and prayed less! at the end, it was all smiles! several other persons that claimed to be born again and too serious with church activities and hoping for one mirracle or the other to pass their exams all messed up at the end. hence most were asked to go on probation while some graduated with very poor grade! well, in all i would say its simply GRACE and most importantly, hard work.

1 Like

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by Dereformer(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
acidtalk:

We are still getting this whole thing twisted.
if someone is to choose ONLY ONE which will it be?

Bro work is prayer.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by KiKatanga: 5:16pm On Dec 19, 2013
Work gets things done.

Prayer is a waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by Sirniyeh(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
Many people lack the understanding of what prayer is! The answer is HARDWORK...!
I never opened my mouth for one day to pray through out 2013 neither did I attend any faith house (church/voodoo). But my meditation is my prayer and I thank God for my achievement this year

1 Like

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 5:35pm On Dec 19, 2013
acidtalk: Choosing Only One: Between Hardwork and Prayer which is likely to make one successful in life?

We all know most successful people usually join both together when talking about what made them successful in life but which one seems to be stronger and play a major role in one's success in life

Hardwork Or Prayer
KINGwax™ will say:

U bilivd the farce abt hardwork being the only panacea to success?

Wait till u are faced by destiny...then u will check ur dictionary for the meaning of favour....
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by KiKatanga: 5:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
SLIDE waxie: KINGwax™ will say:

Wait till u are faced by destiny...then u will check ur dictionary for the meaning of favour....

I wish you would check your dictionary full-stop.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 19, 2013
As the Russian proverb says, "When in a storm pray but keep rowing". Nuff said smiley
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 6:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sirniyeh: Many people lack the understanding of what prayer is! The answer is HARDWORK...!
I never opened my mouth for one day to pray through out 2013 neither did I attend any faith house (church/voodoo). But my meditation is my prayer and I thank God for my achievement this year

Nice one.
I like straight and direct answers like this.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 6:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
mr_king: well, since i'm forced to choose one, i will go with HARDWORK during my Uni days, i worked very hard and prayed less! at the end, it was all smiles! several other persons that claimed to be born again and too serious with church activities and hoping for one mirracle or the other to pass their exams all messed up at the end. hence most were asked to go on probation while some graduated with very poor grade! well, in all i would say its simply GRACE and most importantly, hard work.

Nice one.
If 'em born again see this, you are in soup.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by Nobody: 7:00pm On Dec 19, 2013
Hard work defintely! Am not the religious type but hard work has really earned me something to be happy about. I know of someone who prays the phuck out of his life and fasted more than Jesus did for the past 2 years,still nothing positive came out of the stress. he's actually still jobless till today. If only he channeled his energy to look for job,he would have been an income earner now.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by OmoTier1(m): 7:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
If you are a Christian, born again, you have success in your DNA, so your are success personified. If hard work is the key to success, then those who do manual job would be the most "satisfied" humans on earth!

If prayer was the key to success, then the prayer warriors would be every "satisfied" in this earth...alas they are not!

Stop seeking what you are, and start living who you are, recognize that you have been programmed by God to be a success and the only thing that stands between you and what God has made you is YOU!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by KiKatanga: 7:09pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If you are a Christian, born again, you have success in your DNA, so your are success personified. If hard work is the key to success, then those who do manual job would be the most "satisfied" humans on earth!

If prayer was the key to success, then the prayer warriors would be every "satisfied" in this earth...alas they are not!

Stop seeking what you are, and start living who you are, recognize that you have been programmed by God to be a success and the only thing that stands between you and what God has made you is YOU!

Without Hardwork you are just another Nigger waiting for a handout.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by OmoTier1(m): 7:12pm On Dec 19, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

Without Hardwork you are just another Nigger waiting for a handout.
Yet those who rule the world do so with simple ideas and are having Christmas party in yacht cool and the truck pusher in onitsha is thinking of where He would get cassava to make akpu for Christmas
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 7:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If you are a Christian, born again, you have success in your DNA, so your are success personified. If hard work is the key to success, then those who do manual job would be the most "satisfied" humans on earth!

So whats the bottom line?
You are to choose one between hardwork and prayers as the key to success.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by KiKatanga: 7:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
Yet those who rule the world do so with simple ideas and are having Christmas party in yacht cool and the truck pusher in onitsha is thinking of where He would get cassava to make akpu for Christmas

Hard work is not physical labour, it's just effort. The best hard work, is intellectual, whether investment or programming or whatever. I can guarantee you that most of the people on that yacht either have had some very good jobs or have parents with very good jobs... I'd also guarantee that very few of them pray.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 4:20pm On Dec 20, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

Hard work is not physical labour, it's just effort. The best hard work, is intellectual, whether investment or programming or whatever. I can guarantee you that most of the people on that yacht either have had some very good jobs or have parents with very good jobs... I'd also guarantee that very few of them pray.

so more of working smart if i may say.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by adconline(m): 5:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
Hard work without any doubt.. The most prosperous countries in this world are Nordic countries : Finland, Noway, Sweden and Denmark, yet they are mostly atheists.
While most religious countries like Naija are hell on earth.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 4:35am On Dec 23, 2013
^^^

Oro Nla!!!
You over make sense.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by 4tunebest(f): 8:35am On Dec 23, 2013
berem: Hard work defintely! Am not the religious type but hard work has really earned me something to be happy about. I know of someone who prays the phuck out of his life and fasted more than Jesus did for the past 2 years,still nothing positive came out of the stress. he's actually still jobless till today. If only he channeled his energy to look for job,he would have been an income earner now.

That this person is jobless for now doesnt imply that he wont be successful in life (referring to the thread title) neither does having a good source of income guarantee one's success in life. The end of a thing is better than the beginning. The fasting and prayers he engages himself in are seeds he is sowing into his future. In due time, he will reap the harvest. Please if you do not mind, I'd like you to read the whole of Ecclesiastes chapter 2 and focus on verse 26, which was written by the wisest man that ever lived. Thank you
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by manny4life(m): 8:42am On Dec 23, 2013
Even the Bible said, prayer without works is HOPELESS.

Work hard first, and then even without prayer, success would be added onto you. One doesn't have to pray to be successful, one of the key to success is giving - blessed is he that gives than receive. For me, it's HARD WORK.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by 4tunebest(f): 8:45am On Dec 23, 2013
Omo_Tier1: If you are a Christian, born again, you have success in your DNA, so your are success personified.

Yes God has already given us ALL we need to be successfful in life; ours is to key into it and walk in our inheritance but not a lot of people realise this. Prayer has its role to play, but there is no wisdom in praying for what is yours already. We are supposed to take steps of faith by working hard @ whatever our hands find to do.

There's this saying that ''God will crown our efforts with success'', not ''God will crown our prayers with success''

1 Like

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by SLIDEwaxie(m): 9:52am On Dec 23, 2013
Ki-Katanga:

I wish you would check your dictionary full-stop.
do i expect u to understand me? No!
i expected only the wise one to do that. That's why i neva bother to explain wot i meant.

Mull over again dear...
SLIDE waxie: KINGwax™ will say:

Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by ISpiksDaTroof: 11:36am On Dec 23, 2013
acidtalk: Choosing Only One: Between Hardwork and Prayer which is likely to make one successful in life?

Hardwork Or Prayer
Your prayer is zero without hard work.
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by acidtalk: 12:00pm On Dec 23, 2013
ISpiksDaTroof: Your prayer is zero without hard work.

Can Hardwork without prayer make some succeed?
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by bigx(m): 2:04pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hardwork, absence of fear and self confidence

People who dont pray become successes,

But prayer gives you faith to persevere, focus and clarity,

I know people who pray 24/7 and are nothing close to success

Id rather use hardwork AND prayer though but even the Bible says faith without work(s) is dead
Re: Hardwork Or Prayer : Which One Plays A Major Role In One's Success In Life? by KiKatanga: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2013
acidtalk:

Can Hardwork without prayer make some succeed?
Yes. Every successful atheist on the planet.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Exposed!!! Reasons Why Jonathan Is Using Boko Haram To Bomb The North / LAGOS STATE Needs Liberation / DOWNLOAD:- INEC Phone Number Database Of Over 21million Registered Voters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.