Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,283 members, 7,807,960 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:00 AM

For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity (4079 Views)

Leave Islam Or Accept Polygamy... / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station / Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by DMainMan: 6:55pm On Dec 19, 2013
Culled from Facebook

IF I ACCEPT JESUS AS MY LORD AND
SAVIOUR...

A neighbouring brother of mine keep pestering me to accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour. We're very close, and he knows me very well. I only asked him few
questions viz.

If I should follow your faith, then:

I should stoop so low and depart my
gracious and glorious way of Life?

To drop my belief that God is One and
agree He is 3?

To stop prostrating and bowing to my
creator?

To stop fasting in the holy month of
Ramadan?

To believe God died?

To stop saying "peace be upon you" as my way of greeting?

To stop reciting the Glorious Quran?

To learn how to clap, sing and dance
instead of standing, bowing and
prostrating in Night Prayers?

To begin to shake hands, hug, peck and
possibly kiss opposite sex and say my
faith is in the hearts?

To begin drinking alcohol and say only
excess is bad?

To begin eating pork and say only the
heart is defiled?

To engage in interest/usury and say nothing is bad?

To urinate without cleaning up and say
only spirit needs to be purified?

To defeacate and use tissue papper to rub anus and move on with life?

To mingle freely with women in a free-
for-all dance and call it praise and
worship?

To see live breast and indecent dressings
in the church and say we are living by his
grace?

To give 10% of my income to who needs
a Jet to fly, instead of giving zakat to the
needy/poor?

To accuse all the Noble prophets of God
of fornication, Robbery, incest, Alcoholism, Rape, arson, suicide, genocide, infanticide, stealing, dark Magic etc. as seen in stories of d bible?

How could I quit light for darkness?

At the end, I told him "I'd rather be a
slave&servant of Allah (swt) my creator,
than to slave for a man like paul who founded Christianity".

Islam is a way of life, more than religion
or belief.

Yah Allah! You created me, and in your
Hand is My soul, Please Let me and my
brothers&sisters in Islam die as Muslims,
forgive and pardon us, and admit us into
Jannatl Firdaos. We shall never worship
none but You.

ISLAM IS THE GREATEST BLESSING I SAY!

Barka Jumah guys. For those thinking today is still Thursday, in Islam, after sunset, the next day begins.

19 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:07pm On Dec 19, 2013
What is the meaning of this crap?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by F00028: 11:01am On Dec 20, 2013
FOLYKAZE: What is the meaning of this crap?
can't you read? undecided

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 20, 2013
@DMainmam....*thumbs up*Islam is d way

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Nobody: 12:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
walahi.....i love this....

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Activek: 1:32pm On Dec 20, 2013
When you want 2 talk good about your religion you don't have to speek bad and say derogatary things about other peoples way of life. I advice caution

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Nobody: 1:34pm On Dec 20, 2013
undecided undecided undecided undecided

Let the day come when people of faith will learn to respect other people's choices.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2013
[quote DMainMan]IF I ACCEPT JESUS AS MY LORD ANDSAVIOUR...
A neighbouring brother of mine keep pestering me to accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour.[/quote]
U cnt blame him,he is only following his saviour's, Jesus instructions,he also care abt ur soul:Jesus commaned that dgospel shld be preached to all nation,so dnt blame him.
We're very close,and he knows me very well.I only asked him fewquestions viz.
Ok
If I should follow your faith, then:I should stoop so low and depart mygracious and glorious way of Life?
Really? And wat is that Way?
To drop my belief that God is One and agree He is 3?
Misconception...You might want to prove that cus i dnt knw where u got that from,christains DO NOT believe that God is 3,christain DO NOT worship three gods...so sir get ur fact right!
To stop prostrating and bowing to my creator?
ok!Emm,but is that the criteria to make heaven?
To stop fasting in the holy month of Ramadan?
ok!
Christains fast too,but we do it in a way our Jesus commanded us,we dnt v to loud it!
To believe God died?
Lol,this is hilarious. And a misconception too. Christains didnt say God died lyk u belive...Jesus did and He is Alive again.
To stop saying "peace be upon you" as my way of greeting?[quote].interesting,you can say that with ur mouth but in you mind,you may not be wishing d person peace,no?
Btw,have u seen any christain greeting by saying, 'curse be unto you?"
[quote]To stop reciting the Glorious Quran?
.Recite? Well that got me thinking...bcus christains were not told to recite their Holy Book.
lool,its a way of worship, a way of honouring,adoring and acknowledge God and believe me,it works wonders!
Btw,i have seen muslims on TV dancing,singing and clapping, even live...well,i guess they r nt muslims den,no?
instead of standing,bowing and prostrating in Night Prayers?
...Ok,you can actually Pray to God taking any position and He will answer,as long as you do it right,as Jesus commanded us!
To begin to shake hands, hug, peck and possibly kiss opposite sex and say my
faith is in the hearts?
ok,ur opinion anyways. Btw,its a form of greeting and showing love,no?
Kissing d opposite sex? Hmmm,that one is deep,and its btw couples....btw,muslims do dt too,i knw a no of dem,and we v seen som here in NL,except,u wana say they r nt muslims? No?
To begin drinking alcohol and say only excess is bad?
...well,i guess the Alhaji behind my house is nt a muslim then,even though he built a mosque for allah.
To begin eating pork and say only the heart is defiled?
Jesus didnt say we shld nt eat pork! And He said also that"what u take in does nt defileu,but what comes out of you"...Is He wrong?
OK,so many ppl r nt muslims den,though dey call demselvs 1.
To urinate without cleaning up and say only spirit needs to be purified?To defeacate and use tissue papper to rub anus and move on with life?
Does it guarantee eternity,btw,what shld b use 4d anus? Sand?
To mingle freely with women in a free-for-all dance and call it praise andworship?
Lies n Misconceptions.
To see live breast and indecent dressings in the church and say we are living by his grace?
LIES.U myt nid 2mention d name of 1 church,cus i v attended several churches,and i v never seen a Live breast/bossom b4..wait,must u lie to pass a msg ni?
To give 10% of my income to who needs a Jet to fly, instead of giving zakat to the needy/poor?
You wnt understand,its byond u,seriously.
To accuse all the Noble prophets of God of fornication, Robbery, incest, Alcoholism, Rape, arson, suicide, genocide, infanticide, stealing, dark Magic etc. as seen in stories of d bible?
LIES. U myt want 2 show some references 4m d Bible.Can u?
U shld try aleast 2confirm d LIES u v been told.
And who is light n who is darkness? Who told u dt u r in d light?
At the end, I told him "I'drather be aslave&servant of Allah (swt) my creator,
Ok,i hope u r right,n dt u will remember dis day for good.
Lies and Misconceptions. Paul is nt d founder of Christainity,Jesus is!
Islam is a way of life, more than religionor belief.Yah Allah! You created me, and in yourHand is My soul, Please Let me and my
brothers&sisters in Islam die as Muslims,forgive and pardon us, and admit us intoJannatl Firdaos.
Well,thank God 4ur neighbor who wished u well and was only following d commandments of His Lord.
BTW,u didnt tell us ur neighbors reply when u told him all this OR are u saying d abv(d epic btw u n ur neihbour)WAS A LIE just to discredits christainity? I hope its nt 4ur own good.
Shalom...

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 12:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mintayo:

Misconception...You might want to prove that cus i dnt knw where u got that from,christains DO NOT believe that God is 3,christain DO NOT worship three gods...so sir get ur fact right!
3 distinct person=1God or 3gods

Mintayo:
And a misconception too. Christains didnt say God died lyk u belive...Jesus did and He is Alive again.
Jesus did what, DIED? and alive again. You're confirming what he said.

Didn't bible lied that Lot commited inces.t with his daughter?

Let me read something about this from ur post that Lot according to the bible was an innocent, or his daughters had excuses if they truly did it as bible say.

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1:
3 distinct person=1God or 3gods
You are the one saying that,No christain will tell u 3gods,thats a fact!

Jesus did what, DIED? and alive again. You're confirming what he said.
Jesus died and yes He is alive because He ressurected. Learn to live with that.

Didn't bible lied that Lot commited inces.t with his daughter?
Let me read something about this from ur post that Lot according to the bible was an innocent, or his daughters had excuses if they truly did it as bible say.
I am not ready to discuss Lot with you in dis thread,or what has lot got to do with it.

4 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by F00028: 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mintayo: Lies and Misconceptions. Paul is nt d founder of Christainity,Jesus is!
what you have today is all paul:
-divinity of Jesus,
-trinity,
-atonement,
-salvation by faith.

"Paul made Christianity the religion of
Paul, not of Christ Paul threw the
Christianity of Christ away, completely
turning it upside down. making it just the
opposite of the original proclamation of
Christ"
- Soren Kierkegaard, The Journals.

"The writings of Paul have been a danger
and a hidden rock. the causes of the
principal defects of Christian theology."
- writes theologian Ernest Renan, in his book
Saint Paul.
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 7:26pm On Dec 21, 2013
DMainMan:
of fornication, Robbery, Inces.t/Inbreeding Alcoholism, Rape, arson, suicide, genocide, infanticide, stealing, dark Magic etc. as seen in stories of d bible?
@Mintayo check ur response to this
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 8:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1:
@Mintayo check ur response to this
And who made Lot a prophet? You?
Well,LOT IS NOT A PROPHET,Atleast not in the Bible!

3 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 8:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
F00028:
-divinity of Jesus,
Talked on by Jesus,He showed us His divine nature,Paul only hammered on it

-trinity,
though the Word,"Trinity" was not found in d Bible,but d "concept" is well spelled out,and it was also revealed by Jesus too,it was nt Paul idea.
-atonement,
That was what Jesus came to do,to atone for our sins,and He lived it,preached it and talked about,so it was not Paul's idea,that was God's plan from d fall of man.

-salvation by faith.
...yes faith in Christ Jesus,it was not Paul's idea-Jesus preached it and talked about it,its only by Faith in Christ Jesus that we can be saved.

"Paul made Christianity the religion of
Paul, not of Christ Paul threw the
Christianity of Christ away, completely
turning it upside down. making it just the
opposite of the original proclamation of
Christ"
- Soren Kierkegaard, The Journals.
Just like you,those ppl v been misled,and misinterprete Christainity,which has nothing to do with Paul.it is just there opinion.

"The writings of Paul have been a danger
and a hidden rock. the causes of the
principal defects of Christian theology."
- writes theologian Ernest Renan, in his book
Saint Paul.
Well,i guess Renan was wrong afterall,if at all d above was true.
Its ur own misconception and Lies and ur disgust for the NT and Paul.
Christainity has a foundation in Jesus not Paul who is just a servant of Christ Jesus,He didnt say what Jesus doesnt want him to say.
Jesus loves you.

3 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 10:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mintayo:
And who made Lot a prophet? You?
Well,LOT IS NOT A PROPHET,Atleast not in the Bible!
Can you pls expatiate on the bolded.
and
Who is a Prophet, e.g?
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by F00028: 10:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
Mintayo:
where?

Mintayo:
though the Word,"Trinity" was not found in d Bible,but d "concept" is well spelled out,and it was also revealed by Jesus too,it was nt Paul idea.
Jesus the Christ, the Son of Mary revealed no such thing.

Mintayo:
That was what Jesus came to do,to atone for our sins,and He lived it,preached it and talked about,so it was not Paul's idea,that was God's plan from d fall of man.

who told you that? definitely not Jesus Christ.

Mintayo:
...yes faith in Christ Jesus,it was not Paul's idea-Jesus preached it and talked about it,its only by Faith in Christ Jesus that we can be saved.

show me

Mintayo:
Christainity has a foundation in Jesus not Paul who is just a servant of Christ Jesus,He didnt say what Jesus doesnt want him to say.
Jesus loves you.

"Let the reader contrast the true Christian standard with that of Paul and he will see the terrible betrayal of all that the Master taught.... For the surest way to betray a great Teacher is to misrepresent his message.... That is what Paul and his followers did, and because the Church has followed Paul in his error it has failed lamentably to redeem the world.... The teachings given by the blessed Master Christ, which the disciples John and Peter and James, the brother of the Master, tried in vain to defend and preserve intact were as utterly opposed to the Pauline Gospel as the light is opposed to the darkness."
-Rev. V.A. Holmes-Gore: Christ or Paul?

"The attitude which Paul himself takes up towards the Gospel of Jesus is that he does not repeat it in the words of Jesus, and does not appeal to its authority.... The fateful thing is that the Greek, the Catholic, and the Protestant theologies all contain the Gospel of Paul in a form which does not continue the Gospel of Jesus, but displaces it."
-The Quest for the Historical Jesus, Albert
Schweitzer

“Paul, the founder of Christianity, the writer of half the NT, almost never quotes Jesus in his letters and writings."

-“The World Religions”, p 330

"Paul's words are not the Words of God. They are the words of Paul- a vast difference."
-Bishop John S. Spong, Episcopal Bishop of Newark. (Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, p. 104, Harper San Francisco, 1991)
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 11:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
F00028:
where?

Jesus the Christ, the Son of Mary revealed no such thing.

who told you that? definitely not Jesus Christ.

show me

"Let the reader contrast the true Christian standard with that of Paul and he will see the terrible betrayal of all that the Master taught.... For the surest way to betray a great Teacher is to misrepresent his message.... That is what Paul and his followers did, and because the Church has followed Paul in his error it has failed lamentably to redeem the world.... The teachings given by the blessed Master Christ, which the disciples John and Peter and James, the brother of the Master, tried in vain to defend and preserve intact were as utterly opposed to the Pauline Gospel as the light is opposed to the darkness."
-Rev. V.A. Holmes-Gore: Christ or Paul?

"The attitude which Paul himself takes up towards the Gospel of Jesus is that he does not repeat it in the words of Jesus, and does not appeal to its authority.... The fateful thing is that the Greek, the Catholic, and the Protestant theologies all contain the Gospel of Paul in a form which does not continue the Gospel of Jesus, but displaces it."
-The Quest for the Historical Jesus, Albert
Schweitzer

“Paul, the founder of Christianity, the writer of half the NT, almost never quotes Jesus in his letters and writings."

-“The World Religions”, p 330

"Paul's words are not the Words of God. They are the words of Paul- a vast difference."
-Bishop John S. Spong, Episcopal Bishop of Newark. (Rescuing the Bible from Fundamentalism, p. 104, Harper San Francisco, 1991)
I ain't showing you anything,study the Bible!
Yours and their Opinions,it does not change the fact that Paul was not d founder of Christainity and nothing Paul said contradicts what Jesus said.
Shalom.

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 11:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
harbiola1:
Can you pls expatiate on the bolded.
and
Who is a Prophet, e.g?
There is nothing to expatiate on,Lot mayb a prophet ind quran but not in the Bible,he was just Abraham's Nephew...its as simple and clear as that!

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 7:25am On Dec 22, 2013
Mintayo:
Lot mayb is a prophet ind quran but not in the Bible,he was just Abraham's Nephew...
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 8:15am On Dec 22, 2013
Mintayo:
Jesus said nothing about his divinity. Although the Disciples knew Jesus than anyone else, Apostolics' Creed did not mention Jesus as a divine being.

Jesus' divinity controversy started when Church fathers started their rulings on Christology which was formalized in Nicean.

Mintayo:
Then how come the Disciples didn't know this?

Mintayo:
Unless you want to say Jesus had forgotten his role when he was addressing his people in Matthew 5:17-20

Mintayo:
Let us see where Jesus said this.

Mintayo:
Just like you,those ppl v been misled,and misinterprete Christainity,which has nothing to do with Paul.it is just there opinion.
Everyone knows the fact that Paul never go along with Jesus' Disciples.

Mintayo:
Well,i guess Renan was wrong afterall,if at all d above was true.
He could be wrong or right.but he is nt the only person that is saying this.

Mintayo:
Its ur own misconception and Lies and ur disgust for the NT and Paul.
Did he compose the write up by himself?

Mintayo:
Did christ say anything to him?

Mintayo:
Jesus loves you.
We love Christ too!
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by F00028: 9:53am On Dec 22, 2013
Mintayo:
I ain't showing you anything,study the Bible!
Yours and their Opinions,it does not change the fact that Paul was not d founder of Christainity and nothing Paul said contradicts what Jesus said.
Shalom.
that's 'cos you have nothing to show.

Jesus Christ didn't teach: that he was divine, about any trinity, or that he came to die for any original sin.

that new kind of christianity has paul as its founder.
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Sparklitta(f): 11:10am On Dec 22, 2013
DMainMan: IF I ACCEPT JESUS AS MY LORD AND
SAVIOUR...

A neighbouring brother of mine keep pestering me to accept Jesus as my Lord and saviour. We're very close, and he knows me very well. I only asked him few
questions viz.

If I should follow your faith, then:

I should stoop so low and depart my
gracious and glorious way of Life?

To drop my belief that God is One and
agree He is 3?

To stop prostrating and bowing to my
creator?

To stop fasting in the holy month of
Ramadan?

To believe God died?

To stop saying "peace be upon you" as my way of greeting?

To stop reciting the Glorious Quran?

instead of standing, bowing and
prostrating in Night Prayers?

To begin to shake hands, hug, peck and
possibly kiss opposite sex and say my
faith is in the hearts?

To begin drinking alcohol and say only
excess is bad?

To begin eating pork and say only the
heart is defiled?

To urinate without cleaning up and say
only spirit needs to be purified?

To defeacate and use tissue papper to rub anus and move on with life?

To mingle freely with women in a free-
for-all dance and call it praise and
worship?

To see live breast and indecent dressings
in the church and say we are living by his
grace?

To give 10% of my income to who needs
a Jet to fly, instead of giving zakat to the
needy/poor?

of fornication, Robbery, incest, Alcoholism, Rape, arson, suicide, genocide, infanticide, stealing, dark Magic etc. as seen in stories of d bible?

At the end, I told him "I'd rather be a
slave&servant of Allah (swt) my creator,

Islam is a way of life, more than religion
or belief.

Yah Allah! You created me, and in your
Hand is My soul, Please Let me and my
brothers&sisters in Islam die as Muslims,
forgive and pardon us, and admit us into
Jannatl Firdaos. We shall never worship
none but You.

ISLAM IS THE GREATEST BLESSING I SAY!

Barka Jumah guys. For those thinking today is still Thursday, in Islam, after sunset, the next day begins.
I'M NOT QUITE SURE YOU ARE LEARNED....sMH

4 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Mintayo(m): 12:11pm On Dec 22, 2013
F00028:
that's 'cos you have nothing to show.

Jesus Christ didn't teach: that he was divine, about any trinity, or that he came to die for any original sin.

that new kind of christianity has paul as its founder.
well,your opinion!
The Bible is there for you,if u care to study not recite,right from d OT,everything is plain and care.

1 Like

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by harbiola1(m): 7:22am On Dec 23, 2013
Mintayo:
well,your opinion!
The Bible is there for you,if u care to study not recite,right from d OT,everything is plain and care.
More than opinion but fact.
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by dareabiola98(m): 12:02am On Dec 25, 2013
May Allah grant you iklas...I love this MaashaAllah....one thing is sure..Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet..and u shall not get to heaven except u believe in the teachings of the prophet that he said would come after him..which was muhammad(pbuh)Let Muslim be true to their faith and be righteous,only thru this would the truth even prevail the more.Salam.

5 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by DMainMan: 7:23am On Dec 25, 2013
dareabiola98: May Allah grant you iklas...I love this MaashaAllah....one thing is sure..Jesus(pbuh) is a prophet..and u shall not get to heaven except u believe in the teachings of the prophet that he said would come after him..which was muhammad(pbuh)Let Muslim be true to their faith and be righteous,only thru this would the truth even prevail the more.Salam.

Amin. May Allah bless u too. Thanks
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Rilwayne001: 12:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
And on the day of Judgement He (Jesus *Pbuh*) Will be a witness against them

2 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by LilBRightTMc(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rilwayne001: And on the day of Judgement He (Jesus *Pbuh*) Will be a witness against them
Smh
Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by LilBRightTMc(m): 5:12pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rilwayne001: And on the day of Judgement He (Jesus *Pbuh*) Will be a witness against them
Against you guys YES

3 Likes

Re: For Those Considering To Leave Islam for Christianity by Rilwayne001: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2013
Lil B®ight™©:
Against you guys YES

[color=#006600]Against those who took him as there god
Lil B®ight™©:
Against you guys YES

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lailatul Qadr / Is It Permissible To Fast Six Days Of Shawaal First? / Happy New Year 1430

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 114
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.