Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,294 members, 7,807,997 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:55 AM

Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages (14837 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Annoying(spam) Messages / How I Stopped Receiving Those MTN Spam Messages / How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by seedsower(m): 8:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
The Chairman,
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

If this madness continues, i will sue your telecom company for multiple spam messages, incessant midnight messages, fake promo machine calls, talking trash upon my fully paid caller tune(instead of allowing my callers to listen and enjoy what i have completely paid for)forcefully activating some optional promotional plan and jingles even without my consent, etc.

This ultimatum expires January 31st, 2014.

Be warned.

76 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by mrsaint007: 8:22pm On Dec 19, 2013
Same here too

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by oseiwe(m): 8:25pm On Dec 19, 2013
I concur.

Due Regards,
Aggrieved Customer

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by dejt4u(m): 8:40pm On Dec 19, 2013
Let us file d case 2geda pls

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by psucc(m): 8:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Guy you may treat them the other way cos the hands of our law are too short weak and feeble to grab a multinational company. Just refuse crediting the sim for 2months and see the difference. QED.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by myOGAonTOP: 8:46pm On Dec 19, 2013
seedsower: The Chairman,
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

If this madness continues, i will sue your telecom company for multiple spam messages, incessant midnight messages, fake promo machine calls, talking trash upon my fully paid caller tune(instead of allowing my callers to listen and enjoy what i have completely paid for)forcefully activating some optional promotional plan and jingles even without my consent, etc.

Be warned.
THIS IS FRONTPAGE MATERIAL. We might even mobilize from here.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by obongtunji: 8:50pm On Dec 19, 2013
Solidly behind you......lop

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by seedsower(m): 9:17pm On Dec 19, 2013
Must i delete spam messages every 4hrs, I don't post my number online/social networks, I didn't buy a promo simcard, i got it at an exorbitant cost, why hunting my life with promo messages? Am a very busy person, i have work to do please. These guys are talking Nigerian for granted.

8 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by UnknownT: 11:49pm On Dec 19, 2013
Lol! I laugh!! Cum January 31st night, they will send u a double reminder 4rm 5040 n 5030

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Zolar4ever(m): 6:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
end tins GEJ problem

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by eilojie(m): 7:03am On Dec 22, 2013
Pls mtn stop this thing u ppl r doing.every u ppl most collect 200naira from my acct.what is going on...........
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by 9jahubcom(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
hmmmm
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by alotofgrace(m): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
all those "is ur no 0803........ u have been selected for N2m tonyt...send bla bla bla to 5040. 100 per day" i dont know wen i enrolled in any s.tupid promo....all these gat stop

7 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by vision2050: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
Mad network annoying network but I can't use another network dats my problem
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
useless network....same rubbish messages everytime..mtswee
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by fpeter(f): 4:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
seedsower: The Chairman,
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

Be warned.

PLS I WILL TESTIFY FOR FREE, INCLUDE ME IN THE SUIT.

5 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by cumpaddre(m): 4:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
SIGNED
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by chelseabmw(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by ayo84(m): 4:13pm On Dec 23, 2013
One wonders wheither they are not satisfied with the billions of naira they make from their over priced internet and eratic call services.
NCC should fine them heavily, but what happens when NCC fines them, they chop and share the money and allow mtn to continue their impunity

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by amaboss(m): 4:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
OBJ is really brilliant. His main purpose was to bring back letter writing and he has achieved it.

9 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by searay(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
@OP,
Please anewer the following:
1. Is this an open letter?
2. How many pages is this letter?

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by ayo84(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
seedsower: Must i delete spam messages every 4hrs, I don't post my number online/social networks, I didn't buy a promo simcard, i got it at an exorbitant cost, why hunting my life with promo messages? Am a very busy person, i have work to do please. These guys are talking Nigerian for granted.

The bloody phone people clogging up people space, instead of them to give us cheaper internet.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by ichommy(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
amaboss: OBJ is really brilliant. His main purpose was to bring back letter writing and he has achieved it.

Hahahaha
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by jossy26: 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
It doesn't apply to only MTN, airtel is inclusive and I guess Glo etc I have an airtel sim that I only use to receive yet they send not less than 5 scam/spam messaged daily to the number, its very annoying

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by deeptesting(m): 4:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
Signed on behalf of my entire family who are MTN subscribers.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Tsmooth1(m): 4:17pm On Dec 23, 2013
Even Etisalat did same to me, they keep calling me witha number that i should take part in their survey in which I keep rejecting. They called me to the extent I have to pick and compulsorily participate in the survey before they stop calling me.

3 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by pkasso(m): 4:20pm On Dec 23, 2013
It's really a season of open letters.Expecting An Open Letter To PHCN. .

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by checkdate(m): 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
scam every where . . .

8 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by koboko69: 4:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
searay: @OP,
Please anewer the following:
1. Is this an open letter?
2. How many pages is this letter?

GO AND DIE!!!

8 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by ITbomb(m): 4:22pm On Dec 23, 2013
I'm sure most of you never read the Terms and Conditions when you subscribe or buy the sim.
Sit down with a lawyer and let him guide you. This kind of situation , you dont get anything by threat.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by checkdate(m): 4:23pm On Dec 23, 2013
p_kasso: It's really a season of open letters.Expecting An Open Letter To PHCN. .
NO MORE p.h.c.n IF YOU CHECK WELL, YOU NOTICE THAT SOME PRIVATE OPERATORS/INVESTORS HAVE TAKEN OVER; BASED ON YOUR LOCATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Likely Reason Why Ntel SIM Is Still Scarce / All You Need To Know About Airtel Freebasics.com / Which Is More Important: Wall Charger Or USB Cord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.