Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,893 members, 7,802,876 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:47 AM

Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages (14834 Views)

How To Stop Mtn Annoying(spam) Messages / How I Stopped Receiving Those MTN Spam Messages / How To Stop Receiving Spam Messages From MTN. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by osho3mtech(f): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
[b][/b]The plan A I have is to hack(PHREAK) MTNs network and change the billing system so as to favour users @ MTN(empty hen) loss. Then plan B is to execute an E bomb (EMP) on MTN network(central server), by the time either of this project is completed. Their eyes go clear. Mtn... Dier own too much .. Fruad!!, 419!!, infrigment, only dem.!!!...since NCC speaks but doesn't act... Well I laf in lebaness. grin grin I will hv to take laws into my hand legitimately, by doing what I am trained for. every day for the thief one day for d owner.. Nlders. Watch and see the great loss MTN will encounter on or b4 31:12:2013..

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Sheenor: 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2013
seedsower: The Chairman,
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

If this madness continues, i will sue your telecom company for multiple spam messages, incessant midnight messages, fake promo machine calls, talking trash upon my fully paid caller tune(instead of allowing my callers to listen and enjoy what i have completely paid for)forcefully activating some optional promotional plan and jingles even without my consent, etc.

This ultimatum expires January 31st, 2014.

Be warned.
same here....
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by khattab02: 10:21pm On Dec 23, 2013
fpeter:

PLS I WILL TESTIFY FOR FREE, INCLUDE ME IN THE SUIT.
lol.. I too ooo..
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by searay(m): 10:39pm On Dec 23, 2013
koboko69:

GO AND DIE!!!

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Sapphiredamsel(f): 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
Abeg, I'm in. These people need to have their arses spanked.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by 24in7: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2013
Letter madness....frm obj to goodluck,from obj daugher to father,now na frm a nlander to Mtn
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by SblazeAondona(m): 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
our nigerian goverment self no good, the amount mtn charges us for calls here is twice higher than what the take outside. Oga sue them, i the sell ma plot to add u money to hire barr just incase the one wey u get no do. Stupid them

2 Likes

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Afroconnect: 11:11pm On Dec 23, 2013
EFCC are busy chasing broke yahoo boys while MTN is scaming Nigerians of billions of Naira weekly through fake promos,and deduction of 50naira each for ring back tones we did not subscribe for.

NCC do your job,warn MTN to stop stealing from Nigerians.
These bloody criiminal south African syndicate is ripping us off in our own country.
Shame on NCC-Bleep MTN

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Afroconnect: 11:14pm On Dec 23, 2013
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

If this madness continues, i will sue your telecom company for multiple spam messages, incessant midnight messages, fake promo machine calls, talking trash upon my fully paid caller tune(instead of allowing my callers to listen and enjoy what i have completely paid for)forcefully activating some optional promotional plan and jingles even without my consent, etc.

Be warned.
Am in bro,I will support with my lawyer-lets file together.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by scentmarlc(m): 12:24am On Dec 24, 2013
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

Be warned.

I feel your pain brother. But your letter is just for NLanders and not through the appropriate quarters. *just saying, no diss
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Quinnlee: 12:42am On Dec 24, 2013
2be sincere,i prefer mtn's wahala dan etisalat.i use both sims so i knw.Mtn 2oda networks is evn cheaper dan etisalat 2 etisalat(easy cliq)and it pains me.evn nonsense tips frm etisalat....mtchew
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by 1stola: 1:07am On Dec 24, 2013
MTN Telecommunication,
Nigeria.

Be warned.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by adezjamz(m): 1:08am On Dec 24, 2013
Not only me sha.

13 year old Marvelous won a Galaxy Note 3 last week! Win a Galaxy Tab 3, Note 3, Generator & brand new Kia Rio from Dettol. Text ***** to 5030 now! N10/SMS

Good job! Please dial ****#! 0803**** has been personally picked for access to MTN's N2,000,000 draw today! Subscribe for N100/day

Yello! Have great fun this season with MTN Magic Voice with Santa.s voice and Christmas ambience. Simply dial *** & follow the voice prompt @ N50 Weekly

080**** read the next message and follow the guidelines!

26 year old lawyer; Olachi Nkwoaba from Owerri won a Brand New Toyota Corolla this week. 4 Cars gone, 8 are still up for grabs. N100/SMS. Text *** to 5045 NOW!

BIG Games in association with Toyota, is giving away a brand new COROLLA every week in the BIG Toyota Corolla Giveaway. To qualify, text *** to 5045 (N100/SMS)

Win N500,000 on 31/12 by proving you truly know Nigeria. The capital of Ondo State is? A.Akure B.Ilesha C.Ilorin. Sms *** to 35020 to start winning.
And many more

in sincerity, MTN sucks. Av called them times without no to put an end to these but d response I got 4rm d attendant after listening to a ghost lawyer dat won a brand new car, was a capital " U CANNOT STOP THEM" they are from our 3rd party & so on.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by 1stola: 1:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Afro connect: EFCC are busy chasing broke yahoo boys while MTN is scaming Nigerians of billions of Naira weekly through fake promos,and deduction of 50naira each for ring back tones we did not subscribe for.

These bloody criiminal south African syndicate is ripping us off in our own country.
Shame on NCC-Bleep MTN
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 1:49am On Dec 24, 2013
Do you know that these guys personally deducted #200 credit from me as if I borrowed credit from them before?
#StupidNetwork......
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Natural1986(m): 3:43am On Dec 24, 2013
T-smooth:
Even Etisalat did same to me, they keep calling me witha number that i should take part in their survey in which I keep rejecting. They called me to the extent I have to pick and compulsorily participate in the survey before they stop calling me.

since the time of John d Baptist, d Kingdom of God suffereth violence and d violent take it by force! Lol
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by bishopmart(m): 7:30am On Dec 24, 2013
Wetin lawyers for dis country dey do self, NBA wake up
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by crusufixo(m): 8:08am On Dec 24, 2013
the solution s simple................ get an app that blocks unwanted calls and messgages.........there are many of them on goggle store..... as they call and text you, add them to the app.......since i implemented it on my phone, i have not heard from them..........cant even remember wen i got their calls / sms last......
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Sunglow: 8:27am On Dec 24, 2013
p_kasso: It's really a season of open letters.Expecting An Open Letter To PHCN. .
Yes you are so write.Need to send one ASAP to(IKEDC)IKEJA ELECTRICITY DISTRIBUTION COMPANY. This people have kept us in perpetual darkness since the beginning of December.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by alfajohn: 8:48am On Dec 24, 2013
This is very timely. @ OP it would be good if this done as a class action. Meaning that this thread can be used to mobilize people who are interested in joining the suit. MTN as taken us for a ride for too long. Hope this works out.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by yesboss20(m): 9:26am On Dec 24, 2013
rudedough: Please provide their email address here so that Nigerians can write them an email and threaten them with a lawsuit. We have over 100,000 active members on Nairaland and if only 10% of us make an official complain, i believe they will restructure their system.

This is so unfair and criminal.
Contact them at: customercare@mtnnigeria.net. I am sending mine today: had enough of their corporate sleaziness. It's just wrong.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by mexyk(m): 9:48am On Dec 24, 2013
yesso...i concur with this. MTN and their fake promo.

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by GentleFrank(m): 10:12am On Dec 24, 2013
Good !
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by segzicres(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2013
*sigh* i think we should all agree and send letters to them warning tem about it. I mean if they get 100k lettrs saying te same sh it, they should know angry we are close to exposing them. Airtel is the most frustrating. Lawd hv mercy!
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by seedsower(m): 11:08am On Dec 24, 2013
To the MODS thanks a million for making this a FrontPage piece.
But as somebody rightly said.....

psucc: Guy you may treat them the other way cos the hands of our law are too short weak and feeble to grab a multinational company. Just refuse crediting the sim for 2months and see the difference. QED.
I need the assistance of the whole house to achieve this.

Thank you too.
myOGAonTOP:
THIS IS FRONTPAGE MATERIAL. We might even mobilize from here.

yesboss20:
Contact them at: customercare@mtnnigeria.net. I am sending mine today: had enough of their corporate sleaziness. It's just wrong.

And to you sir/ma, together we can do it.
scentmarlc:

I feel your pain brother. But your letter is just for NLanders and not through the appropriate quarters. *just saying, no diss

VERY IMPORTANT*** Please find time to read those spam messages before you delete, some are telling you about auto renewal of one yeye plan that u never subscribed to in the first-place. It happened to my airtel Line.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by yesboss20(m): 11:12am On Dec 24, 2013
Sblaze Aondona: our nigerian goverment self no good, the amount mtn charges us for calls here is twice higher than what the take outside. Oga sue them, i the sell ma plot to add u money to hire barr just incase the one wey u get no do. Stupid them
Haha. And I would gladly buy that land from you. Hopefully you'd give me a decent price?
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by yesboss20(m): 11:17am On Dec 24, 2013
Afro connect: EFCC are busy chasing broke yahoo boys while MTN is scaming Nigerians of billions of Naira weekly through fake promos,and deduction of 50naira each for ring back tones we did not subscribe for.

Shame on NCC-Bleep MTN
It all goes to show that theft/scams on a corporate platform is simply termed shrewd business acumen to making profits legally while when it is on the local or downstream, it simply remains a crime punishable by law. That is Caesar's world policy.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by yesboss20(m): 11:27am On Dec 24, 2013
adezjamz: Not only me sha.

13 year old Marvelous won a Galaxy Note 3 last week! Win a Galaxy Tab 3, Note 3, Generator & brand new Kia Rio from Dettol. Text ***** to 5030 now! N10/SMS

Good job! Please dial ****#! 0803**** has been personally picked for access to MTN's N2,000,000 draw today! Subscribe for N100/day

Yello! Have great fun this season with MTN Magic Voice with Santa.s voice and Christmas ambience. Simply dial *** & follow the voice prompt @ N50 Weekly

080**** read the next message and follow the guidelines!

26 year old lawyer; Olachi Nkwoaba from Owerri won a Brand New Toyota Corolla this week. 4 Cars gone, 8 are still up for grabs. N100/SMS. Text *** to 5045 NOW!

BIG Games in association with Toyota, is giving away a brand new COROLLA every week in the BIG Toyota Corolla Giveaway. To qualify, text *** to 5045 (N100/SMS)

Win N500,000 on 31/12 by proving you truly know Nigeria. The capital of Ondo State is? A.Akure B.Ilesha C.Ilorin. Sms *** to 35020 to start winning.
And many more

in sincerity, MTN sucks. Av called them times without no to put an end to these but d response I got 4rm d attendant after listening to a ghost lawyer dat won a brand new car, was a capital " U CANNOT STOP THEM" they are from our 3rd party & so on.
Third party my foot! Care center agents told me same during my rampant calls to them over the past month. The question then is: how come it's a third party value-added service when MTN Nigeria acknowledges the subscription and then sends me a notification message? In other words, the debit on my airtime reflects on MTN's account and not some ghost party! Scam or business sense? I reckon the former.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Nobody: 11:40am On Dec 24, 2013
yesboss20:

Come on people. Let's write MTN an email each. I JUST DID, HAVE YOU? smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by yesboss20(m): 12:13pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ok people. I have sent my Empty Hen a mail. It is indeed pitiable and ridiculous for them to take us for fools on this. I can't start thinking of how much I've spent on airtime in the past two months: it is just too bad! Probably haven't eaten as much I've recharged. That's criminal.

Anyways, I am wishing the NL family a very happy, merry, berry and jolly Christmas. Do have a special time.
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by Abbey2sam(m): 1:00pm On Dec 24, 2013
seedsower: Must i delete spam messages every 4hrs, I don't post my number online/social networks, I didn't buy a promo simcard, i got it at an exorbitant cost, why hunting my life with promo messages? Am a very busy person, i have work to do please. These guys are talking Nigerian for granted.

Nawa o
Re: Open Letter To MTN About Spam Messages by temmym4(m): 1:57pm On Dec 24, 2013
vision2050: Mad network annoying network but I can't use another network dats my problem

Why? sorry o, but Sey them glue your existence with MTN??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

The Most Likely Reason Why Ntel SIM Is Still Scarce / IOS Developers Sue Apple Over App Store Fee (monopoly) / How To Use Your Full Picture As Whatsapp Profile Pic Without Cropping

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.