Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,587 members, 7,809,124 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:17 AM

Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland (17029 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 / All these Nigerian Online E-Commerce Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lurge(m): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2013
I was just playing around the internet in 2009 but consistency and studying the successes of people like Lalaboi and Akin Alabi plus an annoying occurance in 2011 made me form www.naijawhistle.com which is becoming Nigeria's fastest rising entertainment, music promotion, branding and p.r platform.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by ChiSun27(m): 7:07am On Dec 20, 2013
Now I'm 'gingered' cool
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by kayjegs: 7:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Nairaland is just one of the best thing that happened to Nigeria. I made some money this year on nairaland through the sale of my business eBook. I have made friends and gotten biz associates through nairaland. I'm launching out fully in 2014 and will be celebrated here as well. I've been on nairaland for quite a while now and been enjoying it.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lurge(m): 7:13am On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

Kai.

Jarus don open my nyansh. shocked undecided cheesy

Na me write that thing? grin

All those sites I don bury them tay tay. Except my blog wey I just resurrect.

It have tayed wey I dey hustle. But well before I joined Nairaland.

I love Nairaland. I have met great friends and business partners here.

I advertised here wella, but Seun no gree accept our website again. sad

Seun, sports betting no be bad thing. Accept our ads na.
Bros I wan be like u ooo. Anyway wish we could meet. I thought about you when one biz idea enter my mind. Just a way of getting in touch. I hail u baba, Tuale. Owo meji fun iyan kan.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lurge(m): 7:20am On Dec 20, 2013
ajasa4link: please which akin alabi are we talking about here, is it the same guy that directs music videos?
There are 2 popular Akin Alabis in Nigeria. This particular one na my chairman and is diff from the music director. I also thought it was the same person initially.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 7:38am On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

Kai.

Jarus don open my nyansh. shocked undecided cheesy

Na me write that thing? grin

All those sites I don bury them tay tay. Except my blog wey I just resurrect.

It have tayed wey I dey hustle. But well before I joined Nairaland.

I love Nairaland. I have met great friends and business partners here.

I advertised here wella, but Seun no gree accept our website again. sad

Seun, sports betting no be bad thing. Accept our ads na.

I am highly impressed by Seun's refusal of your betting advert on Nairaland. There is no difference between betting and gambling. Young Nigerian should be taught how to legally turn N1000 to N10,000,000 rather than betting, gambling or thinking they make it through lottery.
This is my personal opinion and personal opinions may not be the right opinions.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by joyceok: 7:47am On Dec 20, 2013
Mina98: Me self wan make am from nairaland oh because I no go just dey subscribe dey browse and no reward undecided na money I dey use subscribe. How I fit take dey chop my own money from here? Can someone put me through cheesy

Go and pass your Jss3 exam you 1998 pikin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by expert101(m): 8:03am On Dec 20, 2013
Making money is not all about setting up a Gossip blog and expecting to make millions of naira overnight.

The answer is NO! For you to build an Online empire you must leverage on something not available.

Lindaikeji..com, Bellanaija.com, Nairaland.com,jumia.com,, konga.com, Irokotv.com, irokoking.com,

Hotels.ng, Paga.com, Voguepay.com, easytaxi.com, simplepay4u.com, kuluya.com, tranzit.ng, privateproperty.com.ng

, wakanow.com, BLOCKED etc.

All of them especially the early starters are leveraging on the "FIRST TO START" concept which they are using to provide
Value for Nigerians through their sites. There is nothing much VALUABLE than finding an unmet need which can be used to
provide solution for a large number of people. The No.1 reason why your blog will fail is because you have made up your mind
to be a copy-cat. copying topics from thousands of blogs and pasting on your site. Very soon you will get tired.
Gossips blogs are everywhere, don't expect to start one and beat sister Linda or the top guys overnight. It took them years to
build that remember?

Nairaland has contributed to the growth of many businesses and individual lives because it provides value and you can find virtually

all information there FREE.

For you to invest in any Online business and get returns beyond the average you have to "Think" beyond the average Nigerian on the street.

I hope I made a little sense.

Cheers!

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by SirTunechi(f): 8:10am On Dec 20, 2013
The best forum in Nigeria, www.naijamasters.net
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lovelyronke20(f): 8:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Anything you put your mind into you can do
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:10am On Dec 20, 2013
Jealous of this guys....feel like hacking their sites
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 20, 2013
Abu Mikey:

Eh, Sir Jarus, You didn't include Ogbongeblog shockedshocked

Ogbongeblog is a huge success, but Nairaland didn't contribute much to it. The contribution of Nairaland to Jide's thriving portal is not significant. He made his name elsewhere. That's why I didn't include him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Abali1(m): 8:26am On Dec 20, 2013
Nice one Jarus. There are others which may not necessarily be blog or for profit oriented online outfit that started from Nairaland.
For instance our Facebook group Naija Sickle Cell Warriors was conceived here on the floor of this forum, Nairaland. It is mainly for enlightenment/educational purposes and not for profit. The blog or website for it is still in progress. By the way my life stories inspired it, but it was birthed here.
NB
I hope when the blog/website is created it will equally be recognised by Nairaland and my ogas like Seun, Jarus, Akin Alabi of Nairabet and my aunty CC.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by kulgee001(m): 8:36am On Dec 20, 2013
Lily010: Need Free ebooks, [url=http://] CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD TONS OF FREE EBOOKS OF ANY KIND AND NOW[/url]

Are you the author of all those e-books you are selling?
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by abijossy: 8:45am On Dec 20, 2013
Brand new single from Abioye Joseph(Abijossy) Music: Abi Jesu Oba - Abijossy http:///4Xqtlj (Download)- Download here!!!
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by tplacid: 8:53am On Dec 20, 2013
To Seun Osewa.

Seun I hope you read this but I just want you to know that you are an icon to the Nigerian youth. You are what an average Nigerian youth should aspire to become, not Davido or Wizkid cos with your ingenuity, you have created a site most some Nigerians have benefited from one way or the other.

I read your interview on forbes and you mentioned that creative freedom is what drives you, now I want to state that you have used your intelligence to create a platform that has become a cyber pace setter in Nigeria and Africa(According report yours is the most visited website by Nigerians). You inspire me a lot seun, I haven't met you before but I would someday.

And to my fellow Nigerian youths on this platform seun has proved to us that we are smart and intelligent, even with this harsh environment we find ourselves in we can make something out of it, seun has proved that to us.

For this reason, my man of the century award goes not to steve jobs, mark zuckerberg or mandela but to our own Seun Osewa.

I love you bro(No homo)

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 9:09am On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

I am highly impressed by Seun's refusal of your betting advert on Nairaland. There is no difference between betting and gambling. Young Nigerian should be taught how to legally turn N1000 to N10,000,000 rather than betting, gambling or thinking they make it through lottery.
This is my personal opinion and personal opinions may not be the right opinions.

So to you lotteries should not be allowed to advertise again.

You need to go out of Nigeria to see how well these things are appreciated. If International outfits like Real Madrid, Facebook, Fulham, Google, Stoke, Yahoo can do business with lottery outfits then you know say "lottery na bad thing" is a shallow mentality.

You have no idea what we contribute to the Nigerian economy. From employment to taxes. Very soon, the lottery industry will be the highest employer of labour in the country.

You need to look belong your old school inhibitions.

Meanwhile, my ads about teaching people my experience on making money online were rejected as well. sad

Maybe I offend Seun wey I no know. undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:19am On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

You need to go out of Nigeria to see how well these things are appreciated. If International outfits like Real Madrid, Facebook, Fulham, Google, Stoke, Yahoo can do business with lottery outfits then you know say "lottery na bad thing" is a shallow mentality.

You have no idea what we contribute to the Nigerian economy. From employment to taxes. Very soon, the lottery industry will be the highest employer of labour in the country.

Meanwhile, my ads about teaching people my experience on making money online were rejected as well. sad

As earlier said this is my personal opinion, but I respect Seun for his policy. Nigerian youths ought to taught how to crate value and tangible goods. Who are the prime beneficiaries of lottery, betting, gambling ,baba Ijebu etc? The beneficiaries are the entrepreneurs that set up such ventures, and maybe the government.
But with the right value system, orientation, education, hard-work and attitude Nigerian youth an create lasting and enduring wealth. As a personal policy, I do not gamble nor bet. I do not see them as the right route to creating built to last wealth.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 9:22am On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

By that time Nigerians will be the most impoverished people on planet earth. A country where lottery business is the major employer of labour is definitely sitting on a time bomb.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by baslone: 10:12am On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

By that time Nigerians will be the most impoverished people on planet earth. A country where lottery business is the major employer of labour is definitely sitting on a time bomb.

I am going to assume you don't know what you are saying.

The business is a large industry for more than 3 centuries in the UK with
over 15,000 betting shops all over and it is no secret it contributes largely to the british economy.

Most televised sports in the United Kingdom and the rest of Europe are now
sponsored wholly or partly by Internet and high street bookmakers.

Many of the bookmakers are sponsoring some of the major football teams in the
major European football leagues that you sit down in your house with your laptop
on your lap and watch eg Stoke city, Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Spurs etc

In Singapore, Sweden, Canada and Japan, the only legal bookmaker is owned and operated by the state.

Why have all these states not blown by the time bomb?
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by grandstar(m): 10:17am On Dec 20, 2013
I don't 100% agree that Alabi started off with Nairaland. He was already making money with infomarketing both online and offline before he launched nairabet. Nairabet made him quite rich but he was quite okay already before launching
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by damola1: 10:21am On Dec 20, 2013
baslone:

over 15,000 betting shops all over and it is no secret it contributes largely to the british economy.

major European football leagues that you sit down in your house with your laptop
on your lap and watch eg Stoke city, Werder Bremen, Real Madrid, Newcastle, Spurs etc

In Singapore, Sweden, Canada and Japan, the only legal bookmaker is owned and operated by the state.

Bros. Why you dey use big big grammar cover crap..

Any business that does not add value to the employer, employee, investor and most importantly consumer is not the way forward.

The basis of gambling or betting is that somebody must lose money. So wetin u dey talk.

Akin alabi kudos abeg... carry dey go,... building a working business is not beans. But that does not change the fact that, your choice of business leaves little to be desired.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lalaboi(m): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2013
Cheers for this Jarus! Means alot

Bigger cheers to Mola, Ovie and the rest of the team!
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by lalaboi(m): 10:23am On Dec 20, 2013
amanikondo: So lalaboi, you are the one beating the hell out of me on Playstation Network FIFA. Still on top of the leader-board. Do you have any work at all?

Oh! Did i? lol when? No vex! I'm a jack of all trades bro. My activities on that have reduced greatly over the past months though.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

There is what we call "Public Relation" aka (PR) in business. Have you extended same to Seun?

He has the customer base, you gat your gimmick.( I call it complimentary)
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by chichriso: 10:30am On Dec 20, 2013
Woolwich killers, Michael Adebolajo (left) and his friend, Michael Adebowale (right) have been found guilty of the murder of British soldier, Lee Rigby.

25 year old Rigby was attacked by the Muslim extremists on May 22 outside his military barracks in Woolwich South London. They first run the soldier down with their car while he was returning from an errand, then mutilated and nearly beheaded him in a crime that happened in broad day light.

It took the jury only 90 minutes to come back with a guilty verdict. Adebolajo reportedly kissed the Koran and smiled as the verdicts were read but Adebowale didn't react. They will both be sentenced next month.
Source: http://chrisderablog..com/2013/12/woolwhich-killers-michael-adebolajo-and.html
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by benebaby77: 10:47am On Dec 20, 2013
Jarus: This subject had been ringing in my head for days and I considered it bloggable. I have been an active member of Nairaland for more than 6 years (far before I even registered on Facebook -2008- and twitter - 2010), and in fact, this is where I first used the moniker Jarus, which is somewhat a brand in cyber-Nigeria now. I have compiled the list of ventures, offline and online, which have used Nairaland either as launching pad or booster in their activities, and are themselves modest outfits in their own right today.

1, NAIRABET (http:///) :
- Akin Alabi, Nairaland, October 13, 2006

That comment has all the characteristics of one made by a hustler, if not a spammer. But guess who made that comment 6 years ago? Akin Alabi, now CEO of Nairabet, Africa’s biggest sports betting website. Today, Akin Alabi is a millionaire. So rich is he today, 7 years after that “hustling comment”, that he dashed out N0.25m for Nairaland’s independent charity team, The e-Helpers Network (TEHN). Today, Akin rides a benz G-Wagon worth more than N20million. The petty internet marketer of 2006 is now a millionaire. Akin started from Nairaland.

Sir Jarus,I dont know about the others but concerning Akin Alabi, I'm sorry to say: you lied about it that Akin Alabi started from nairaland. I came to know about Akin Alabi in 2007 when I started reading Sucess Digest Extra. Akin Alabi claimed to be a millionaire since 2001 and he proclaimed that he failed Jamb 5 times before he took his off from further his education. Even Akin Alabi started earning his living before Seun Osewa. Advertising his products or services doesnt mean that he started from nairaland. Akin Alabi started as Affiliated Marketer back in the days. He even had his forum name "www.alabiforum.com" but I tink he is no longer running it... Please do check on Akin Alabi and do necessary alteration concerning post....
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:48am On Dec 20, 2013
baslone:

I still stand to be corrected by the time lottery business become the largest employer in an economy, that economy is sitting on a time bomb.
I guess lottery business is also the largest employer of labour in japan, US, Canada, Germany etc.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2013
SeaGold:
There is what we call "Public Relation" aka (PR) in business. Have you extended same to Seun?

He has the customer base, you gat your gimmick.( I call it complimentary)

It may be Seun's personal policy not to allow the advertisement of certain businesses or products on his site.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by princesa(f): 10:49am On Dec 20, 2013
Hmm...

One day monkey go go market, him no go return cool
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Superstar007(m): 11:28am On Dec 20, 2013
Wow. . I'm motivated. Watch out for me in 2014

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Create Your Own VTU And Data Website For Free Without Coding / Wikipedia’s Most Popular Articles Of 2023 / We’ll Give 10 Million Nigerians Free Internet Access – Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.