Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,896 members, 7,802,886 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland (17022 Views)

A Throwback Pic Of Nairaland Wayback 2005 / Pictures Of Nairaland Back In 2005 / All these Nigerian Online E-Commerce Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 11:33am On Dec 20, 2013
Superstar007: Wow. . I'm motivated. Watch out for me in 2014

Continue to procastinate grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 11:54am On Dec 20, 2013
damola1:

But that does not change the fact that, your choice of business leaves little to be desired.

Why? Because I'm a Nigerian? I bet if you meet the Coates family that own bet365, you will applaud them as an entrepreneurial family of repute.

emmanuel ewumi:

As earlier said this is my personal opinion, but I respect Seun for his policy. Nigerian youths ought to taught how to crate value and tangible goods. Who are the prime beneficiaries of lottery, betting, gambling ,baba Ijebu etc? The beneficiaries are the entrepreneurs that set up such ventures, and maybe the government.
But with the right value system, orientation, education, hard-work and attitude Nigerian youth an create lasting and enduring wealth. As a personal policy, I do not gamble nor bet. I do not see them as the right route to creating built to last wealth.

No one says you should see it as the right route to creating built to last wealth.

We do not claim it is the way to wealth for Nigerian youths. You are the one imagining that. It is simply a form of recreation and entertainment.

One person goes to the cinema with N500 to watch a movie. Drops it and enjoys the movie.

The other person takes his N500 to the bookie. Drops it and watches the match he bet on with some tension cheesy. And if he is lucky, wins his bet.

Another takes his N500 to drink beer.

It is not an avenue to wealth. It is simply recreation. So all these right value system, orientation, education, hard-work and attitude Nigerian youth an create lasting and enduring wealth should not even come into the discussion at all.

emmanuel ewumi:

By that time Nigerians will be the most impoverished people on planet earth. A country where lottery business is the major employer of labour is definitely sitting on a time bomb.

Move out of your inhibitions and comfort zones and try to see what others are seeing.

Do you know Betfair owners Andrew Black and Edward Wray (Ernst and Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year award winners) have won the Queen's award for enterprise TWICE? Once for Innovation and the other International trade. Don't you think there is something they know that you do not? Why don't you open your mind more?

I bet if the government dares give us awards like that you will say they are encouraging bad tin.

Everybody that plays lotteries is contributing to the development of the country. FACT!

There is a percentage of your bets that go into what is called Good Causes account of the government. (Apart from company tax). It does not matter if you win or lose your bet, you have contributed to the good causes. The good causes are added into money used for infrastructures.

So when next you see a road been tarred, know that those that placed bets have contributed to it.

There are more and more information I can share with you if you are interested.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 11:56am On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

It may be Seun's personal policy not to allow the advertisement of certain businesses or products on his site.

Yeah I know that. And I respect that.

Nairaland is his platform and he owns the right. It is not a democracy.

Na beg I just dey beg am? grin
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 12:47pm On Dec 20, 2013
I never said Akin Alabi started on Nairaland. He himself confirmed the role of Nairaland in his hustling days.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 12:53pm On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

Why? Because I'm a Nigerian? I bet if you meet the Coates family that own bet365, you will applaud them as an entrepreneurial family of repute.

No one says you should see it as the right route to creating built to last wealth.

We do not claim it is the way to wealth for Nigerian youths. You are the one imagining that. It is simply a form of recreation and entertainment.

One person goes to the cinema with N500 to watch a movie. Drops it and enjoys the movie.

The other person takes his N500 to the bookie. Drops it and watches the match he bet on with some tension cheesy. And if he is lucky, wins his bet.

Another takes his N500 to drink beer.

It is not an avenue to wealth. It is simply recreation. So all these right value system, orientation, education, hard-work and attitude Nigerian youth an create lasting and enduring wealth should not even come into the discussion at all.

Move out of your inhibitions and comfort zones and try to see what others are seeing.

Do you know Betfair owners Andrew Black and Edward Wray (Ernst and Young Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year award winners) have won the Queen's award for enterprise TWICE? Once for Innovation and the other International trade. Don't you think there is something they know that you do not? Why don't you open your mind more?

I bet if the government dares give us awards like that you will say they are encouraging bad tin.

Everybody that plays lotteries is contributing to the development of the country. FACT!

There is a percentage of your bets that go into what is called Good Causes account of the government. (Apart from company tax). It does not matter if you win or lose your bet, you have contributed to the good causes. The good causes are added into money used for infrastructures.

So when next you see a road been tarred, know that those that placed bets have contributed to it.

There are more and more information I can share with you if you are interested.

Anybody that plays lottery thinks there is a short cut to success and wealth creation, but that is not so.

The people listed can easily make a lot of money from their lottery businesses, because most people are gullible and smart guys like them can capitalise on the market for gullible people.
Lottery entrepreneurs are not the only people that capitalise on gullible people, politicians, spiritualists and some religious entrepreneurs or leaders do.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 12:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
www.bookelites. is an off-shoot of Nairaland.I thank Oga Seun for he was my inspiration and I will also remain greatful to GLOWINGSCENES AND SOCHISTAR whose blogs motivated me also.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by baslone: 1:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

I still stand to be corrected by the time lottery business become the largest employer in an economy, that economy is sitting on a time bomb.
I guess lottery business is also the largest employer of labour in japan, US, Canada, Germany etc.

I quite understand and respect your opinion.

Maybe it works that way on paper.

For me- If I wake up tomorrow morning and close down my business- Over 2000 Nigerians just lost their daily bread.

That alone has an impact on the economy, no matter how little it is.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by DahomeyAmazon(f): 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2013
Afam4eva: Wey that Akin Alabi boy sef? That guy don chop money sotey im chicks don fat.

I never knew that Lalaboi had anything to do with Notjustok.
Why did you ban me in the politics section?
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by 24in7: 1:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
ichommy: www.emmanuelbabatunde.com

Emmanuel Babatunde here, NL member since 2009. Emmanuel Babatunde's Blog spring up thru nairaland. I also want to thank all NL members starting from Oga Seun, Aunty Mukimuki. I really enjoy NL traffic on FP. NL is my Number one traffic source.

Thank You.
Emmanuel babatunde ,just wnt know if u reside in France b4 cus I knw one Emman babatunde. In paris(stays in Nanterre) si cet toi repond moi cas je suis ton amis en fr...merci
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 1:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
baslone:

I quite understand and respect your opinion.

Maybe it works that way on paper.

For me- If I wake up tomorrow morning and close down my business- Over 2000 Nigerians just lost their daily bread.

That alone has an impact on the economy, no matter how little it is.

Then about 20,000 Nigerians would have been rescued from the path of financial perdition.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by idotun: 2:35pm On Dec 20, 2013
Like we use to say in my church, I join Nairaland in 2011 and to the Glory of God
I have been inspired to come up with these two wonderful projects

www.smartpassiveincomereport.com

www.fatburningdietsinfo.com

With God and support of the members I will improve on them and also make history
just like Akin Alabi, Linda Ikeji and others.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by deols(f): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2013
I knew Lindaikeji blog through nairaland. Nairaland must have helped her drive traffic in no small measure.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 3:13pm On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

Then about 20,000 Nigerians would have been rescued from the path of financial perdition.

Looks like you have closed your mind to any logical debate.

You just pulled out statistics from your pocket about 20,000 on the path of financial perdition. Baslone came up with verifiable stats. That's all you could come up with?

Na holier than thou dey make us bring down anything. There is absolutely nothing wrong in having a well run, well regulated lottery industry.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 3:21pm On Dec 20, 2013
This reminds me of a man who refused to rent out his building for us saying he is a deacon in his church. We went across the road to get another. Months after we started, he asked us to help find employment for his son who has not had a job for years.

I told him to get a job for him in his church.

I felt so good.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by maclatunji: 3:30pm On Dec 20, 2013
It is just crazy how this thread has become advert thread for blogs. What does Afam4eva call some of us again? grin grin grin grin #LOL
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by emmanuelewumi(m): 3:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi:

Looks like you have closed your mind to any logical debate.

You just pulled out statistics from your pocket about 20,000 on the path of financial perdition. Baslone came up with verifiable stats. That's all you could come up with?

Na holier than thou dey make us bring down anything. There is absolutely nothing wrong in having a well run, well regulated lottery industry.

He said his lottery business creates jobs for 2000 people, the conservative estimate of the number of lives ruined financially through every job created by lottery can be conservatively put at 10 to 1.

For every 2000 jobs created by lottery businesses more than 20,000 people will be on their path to financial perdition, The people favoured by that business are people that run such businesses and maybe government.
Money made through the gullibility of the uninitiated is not the best, that is why i detest lottery or gambling.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2013
SeaGold:

Sexkillz shot into prominence courtesy of nairaland. He also won one of the most outstanding delectable lady online as his lover. Honestly, that guy is successful online in his own right and here you are ranting over a ban. We are counting successes and you are busy ranting.grin

Fvck off a$$hole angry

Who gives 3 fvcks about Sexkillz online profile and success. undecided

I was ranting about 3 mods and not Sexkillz alone. BTW why are you on his d!c.k? undecided

Mehn go sniff some glue and get off my case.

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin He won one of the most delectable ladies online cheesy cheesy cheesy. Nigga, you need to kill yourself. It is obvious you are a local Nigerian rat.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Akanbiedu(m): 4:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
akinalabi: This reminds me of a man who refused to rent out his building for us saying he is a deacon in his church. We went across the road to get another. Months after we started, he asked us to help find employment for his son who has not had a job for years.

I told him to get a job for him in his church.

I felt so good.

LOLZ.

Nothing do you jare.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 4:56pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Fvck off a$$hole angry

I was ranting about 3 mods and not Sexkillz alone. BTW why are you on his d!c.k? undecided

cheesy cheesy cheesy grin He won one of the most delectable ladies online cheesy cheesy cheesy. Nigga, you need to kill yourself. It is obvious you are a local Nigerian rat.

Your foo...lishness is unlimitedgrin

You complain of 1,2,3 Mods handing you a ban in sequence and what does that tell you? It shows your conduct online is despicable and not encouraging one bit.

You also complain about sexkillz bitterly out of the 3 Mods you listed and that is where I gave my reprimand.

Why on earth will you post your complaint on an 'assessment' thread of accomplished entrepreneurs/creative people? Is that the complaint section? And I must bring it to your notice that you deserve a BAN again for derailing.

Is that how you all( sophisticated diasporas) display stewpidity online or ''you want to go but you have not gone" but feeling diasporan already?

A Nigeria RAT and a Wanna be Oyibo, who is making lotta sense Pdude?
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 20, 2013
SeaGold:

Your foo...lishness is unlimitedgrin

You complain of 1,2,3 Mods handing you a ban in sequence and what does that tell you? It shows your conduct online is despicable and not encouraging one bit.

You also complain about sexkillz bitterly out of the 3 Mods you listed and that is where I gave my reprimand.

Why on earth will you post your complaint on an 'assessment' thread of accomplished entrepreneurs/creative people? Is that the complaint section? And I must bring it to your notice that you deserve a BAN again for derailing.

Is that how you all( sophisticated diasporas) display stewpidity online or ''you want to go but you have not gone" but feeling diasporan already?

A Nigeria RAT and a Wanna be Oyibo, who is making lotta sense Pdude?

What have you got against diasporas cheesy cheesy

Keep quiet and suck a d!c.k abeg grin You are making a lot of noise grin

It's been a while since I did this back and forth with anyone on NL. Now school's out and I have a bit of time on my hands. So what's your reply to this post cheesy.

BTW what is so delectable about Ogugua cheesy? That is why I called you a Nigerian rat cheesy
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by akinalabi(m): 5:15pm On Dec 20, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

He said his lottery business creates jobs for 2000 people, the conservative estimate of the number of lives ruined financially through every job created by lottery can be conservatively put at 10 to 1.

Your source of stats please?

So if I hire 10 computer engineers now, I have ruined 100 peoples lives financially. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course, you will say before I hired 10 engineers, many people would have lost money. Yes. If one million people lose N50 each. That is 50 million. N50 will not ruin you. The secret is in little money by many people and not big money from few individuals.

If you know any operator, they will tell you they prefer 100 people to bring in N1,000 each than one person bringing in N100,000

Well before I launched NairaBET, every week I enjoyed playing with about N100 to N200 every weekend. I still do today. My life was not ruined. My friends and I, all of us enjoyed it. Our lives were not ruined.

The minimum bet on is N50 and our average bet per customer is less than N100 a month. That is not a sign of financial ruin.

If you are talking about those that went over board by gambling with their life savings, then you are talking about something else. Just like saying that people have died of drunkeness then Champagne companies are bad. Going excessive in anything is bad. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Lottery is noble. Read more about it.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:17pm On Dec 20, 2013
pDude:

Fvck off a$$hole angry

Pdude, I have issue with your newfound tendency to refer to Nigerians at home as "locals" or other disparaging terms, since you left the country for US early this year or last year. Oyb made same similar observation to you in a thread few weeks ago. I wonder what you want Nigerians that have spent all their lives in the US - and they are many on Nairaland - to do/say. To ask for their own section where they wont interact with "local Nigerian rats"?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:58pm On Dec 20, 2013
Jarus:
Pdude, I have issue with your newfound tendency to refer to Nigerians at home as "locals" or other disparaging terms, since you left the country for US early this year or last year. Oyb made same similar observation to you in a thread few weeks ago. I wonder what you want Nigerians that have spent all their lives in the US - and they are many on Nairaland - to do/say. To ask for their own section where they wont interact with "local Nigerian rats"?

Bruv, that is a good observation. And you are right. embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed

I'm very sorry about using that term. I noticed it too embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed. Accept my sincerest apologies.

Do you know what made me start hating Nigeria so much? It was the occupyNigeria saga. The betrayal of the Labour ministry at the end and the lackadaisical attitude of the Nigerian youths at such a life altering movement was like a personal hurt to me.

After then, I said "fvck Nigeria and everything it stands for". I have stopped believing in Nigeria and hence my hatred often spills out in my sentences consciously and unconsciously. I apologize once again my guy smiley

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Undabridge(m): 9:29am On Dec 21, 2013
Jarus: Ogbongeblog is a huge success, but Nairaland didn't contribute much to it. The contribution of Nairaland to Jide's thriving portal is not significant. He made his name elsewhere. That's why I didn't include him.

Uncle Jarus,I have a website I need to register as soon as possible but I don't know how to go about it,pls can you be of help.Tanks
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Undabridge(m): 10:04am On Dec 21, 2013
akinalabi:

Your source of stats please?

So if I hire 10 computer engineers now, I have ruined 100 peoples lives financially. grin grin grin grin grin grin

Of course, you will say before I hired 10 engineers, many people would have lost money. Yes. If one million people lose N50 each. That is 50 million. N50 will not ruin you. The secret is in little money by many people and not big money from few individuals.

If you know any operator, they will tell you they prefer 100 people to bring in N1,000 each than one person bringing in N100,000

Well before I launched NairaBET, every week I enjoyed playing with about N100 to N200 every weekend. I still do today. My life was not ruined. My friends and I, all of us enjoyed it. Our lives were not ruined.

The minimum bet on is N50 and our average bet per customer is less than N100 a month. That is not a sign of financial ruin.

If you are talking about those that went over board by gambling with their life savings, then you are talking about something else. Just like saying that people have died of drunkeness then Champagne companies are bad. Going excessive in anything is bad. You don't throw the baby out with the bath water.

Lottery is noble. Read more about it.

Bro Akin,pls can I have ur email and hope you reply ur msg.Thanks
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
Undabridge:

Uncle Jarus,I have a website I need to register as soon as possible but I don't know how to go about it,pls can you be of help.Tanks
thanks. But I'm not into website registration and all that. There should be guys here that can help though. Should contact him.
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Undabridge(m): 2:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Jarus: thanks. But I'm not into website registration and all that. There should be guys here that can help though. Should contact him.

I hope dey are seeing dis,someone shud pls contact me
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by GentleFrank(m): 3:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by AbuMikey(m): 6:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Jarus: I was interviewed here http://under35ceo.co/2013/12/20/follow-your-passion-in-it-lies-your-success-most-times-interview-with-suraj-oyewale-founder-of-jarushub/

I like it.

Didn't know you spent that much on your Seminar, and it was free shocked

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Online Ventures That Are Offshoots Of Nairaland by Nobody: 6:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
emmanuel ewumi:

For every 2000 jobs created by lottery businesses more than 20,000 people will be on their path to financial perdition, The people favoured by that business are people that run such businesses and maybe government.
Money made through the gullibility of the uninitiated is not the best, that is why i detest lottery or gambling.

sport betting
it's a game of win-or loose. Besides, any wise person that wants to engage in such must be aware of the existing risk and learn some good strategies on how to win more than loosing. There are a lot of people earning a living from betting. Its a cool business. But if your heart is fragile, then its not for you. But don't disturb anyone who is enjoying it. Its a personal decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Wikipedia’s Most Popular Articles Of 2023 / We’ll Give 10 Million Nigerians Free Internet Access – Google / Top Remedies For Internet Growth In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.