Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,014 members, 7,799,460 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State (30924 Views)

Man Seen In Bank With Two Trousers To Withdraw Money (Photo) / Can A Customer Sue Bank For Undeposited Money Lost During Bank Robbery? / N26m Balance Found In Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Royalty1(m): 9:23pm On Dec 19, 2013
Robbery In Offa - 15 Policemen, Bankers, Bystanders Killed

Armed robbers stormed Offa, Kwara State around 4:30pm on Thursday 19th December, 2013 and attacked commercial banks in the area.

They came fully armed with various guns and explosives with which they blew open the doors of First bank and GTbank.

They gained entry into Ecobank through a side door without the use of explosives.

It was said that they didn't get money from some of the banks as it was past closing time and some of the banks have moved their cash into the vault.

GTbank was worst hit as people were killed inside the banking hall. As of the time I am posting this we are not sure if the casualties are customers or Bankers, but since the robbery took place after working hours (9am-2pm in Offa) it is assumed they are bankers.

The robbers also took to the street killing innocent people who mistakenly ran into them when the robbery began. They also went to the police station at Owode where they killed some Policemen and even people in the cell.

Death toll is said to be about 15 people.

I have walked into town and seen blood on the streets where people died and the havoc wreked at the banks. I will upload pictures in the morning.

RIP to the dead.
Obviously no bank will open for business again in Offa till next year.

Policemen wont allow us to take pictures of the banks, but below are expended bullets gathered at the[b] Least attacked Bank[/b].

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by HndFca: 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2013
Staf of zenith was kild also. Twas a sad tin
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by DankemzI(m): 9:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
We need state Policing Mbok.

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jhidey08(m): 10:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
I lost 1 of my secondary school teachers in d attack. So sad! May God hlp us put a stop 2 bloodshed in Offa. We started d year with Offa/Erin ile crisis and ending d year nw with Robbery and killings of innocent lives. Dey came last year too. May God protect us o

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Royalty1(m): 10:27pm On Dec 19, 2013
I just heard that I lost two friends to the attack. Jesus!
cry cry cry

These robbers, I won't pray for you o!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jhidey08(m): 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
Royalty1: I just heard that I lost two friends to the attack. Jesus!
cry cry cry

These robbers, I won't pray for you o!
chai, I learnt dey shot every1 on sight, and na around dat tym pple dey plenty 4 road o, OMG!!!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by phoenixchap: 10:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
R.I.P to the dead....

Kwara state govt has got to up it's game in terms of security, since past 2yrs now the state hasn't enjoyed any form of security sanity A̶̲̥̅̊₪d̶̲̥̅̊ there's a government of the day...

#Ma 2cent.

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Monarchmindset(m): 10:37pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sad

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by superjaks(m): 10:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
total lack of insecurity......... rip to dah dead
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by oshorlabyC(m): 11:14pm On Dec 19, 2013
Kwara state govt's neglect of Offa town is becoming too much all in the name of being an opposition town. I just pray for repose for the family of the deceased,May there soul Rest In perfect peace

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by xGun: 11:24pm On Dec 19, 2013
Very pathetic
Just dont knw wat 2 say
I happen 2 knw 3 of d victims
Is really a black Thursday
May their souls rest in peace cry

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by chamberlin1(m): 11:32pm On Dec 19, 2013
Sad# a peaceful place like Offa turned to mourning. similar thing happened 2yrs along uba axis which the robbers dressed in hijab. these robbers have known the loop holes and dysfunctional state of security therein, thereby gaining impetus for a bank to bank operation. i think a special police force should be assigned to guard banks along that area, if possible a standby amour tank to curb future occurrence. May the souls of the departed rest in peace sad

2 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jhidey08(m): 11:34pm On Dec 19, 2013
xGun: Very pathetic
Just dont knw wat 2 say
I happen 2 knw 3 of d victims
Is really a black Thursday
May their souls rest in peace cry
hw far about Adeola Dada? Was she later seen?
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by OlufemiAbbey(m): 12:08am On Dec 20, 2013
superjaks: total lack of insecurity......... rip to dah dead

Next time read your comment(s) before posting! Stop rushing to be the first to comment. It's LACK of Security friend. Nigeria, Giant of Africa. God is watching.

8 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Tundeiab(m): 6:08am On Dec 20, 2013
This is disheartening. My the soul of the departed rest in perfect peace, amen!.

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by odizeey(m): 7:56am On Dec 20, 2013
Xmas theives doing deir thing
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by xGun: 8:05am On Dec 20, 2013
jhidey08: hw far about Adeola Dada? Was she later seen?
Nt yet sad
Still tryin our best
Thanks 4 d concern
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by free2ryhme: 8:30am On Dec 20, 2013
Dis is not gud oo
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by SlyIg(f): 9:26am On Dec 20, 2013
superjaks: total lack of insecurity......... rip to dah dead
which kind grammar be this abeg.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by eyenCalabar(m): 10:20am On Dec 20, 2013
How can they rob three banks in just one day? What happens to the bank securities?
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by ofisa247(m): 10:52am On Dec 20, 2013
eyenCalabar: How can they rob three banks in just one day? What happens to the bank securities?
sidown there. They robbed 8 banks in Ago-iwoye in 2011. May God help us all. RIP to dead
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jeamie(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2013
First page...am getn dear
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by jeamie(m): 11:58am On Dec 20, 2013
First page...am getn there
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by nnocurruption: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2013
if na abroad the robbery no go take place and even if e take place 15people no go die because the police go fight them wela and even if them succeed the go catch them in at most 48 hours.

THERE IS NO TWO WAYS ABOUT IT HUMAN LIFE IS NOT VALUED IN NIGERIA I REPEAT HUMAN LIFE IS NOT VALUED IN NIGERIA.

2 Likes

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2013
Whatz it with OFFA, why o why !

Haba, Alale Offa, E dide oooooo !!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 11:59am On Dec 20, 2013
eyenCalabar: How can they rob three banks in just one day? What happens to the bank securities?
I am sure the banks are all lined together on one street. I wonder why there should be 3 or 4 banks located in a particular street. Its an easy target for robbers to invade.

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
How can people be so heartless

This doesn't add up sha, seems more like terrorism covered with robbery.

1 Like

Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by drnoel: 12:02pm On Dec 20, 2013
was this really a bank robwry or an assassination attempt
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by CriminalIbos: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
....Christmas is approaching..!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by Nobody: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
o.s horlabyC:
Kwara state govt's neglect of Offa town is becoming too much all in the name of being an opposition town. I just pray for repose for the family of the deceased,May there soul Rest In perfect peace
But PDP is ruling OFFA right now, this is more than Political, this is total breakdown in Security of Kwara-State ....

The state commissioner of Police and OFFA DPOs would have been sacked in a sane society ......

horlaby, Offa being commercially buoyant community next to Ilorin deserves more than Armoured Personnel Carrier Infact Chopper and RRS is not too Much !!

God, Deliver Offa from Thieves and Communal Clash with Erin .....Amen!
Re: 15 Killed In Bank Robbery In Offa, Kwara State by snika: 12:03pm On Dec 20, 2013
And then they said Southwest is safe.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

New Notes Scarcity: CBN Issues Fresh Directive To Banks / Paddy Adenuga On Losing A Good Woman, Recalls How It Happened / First Bank Rewards Top Performing Agents With Over 15 Million Naira (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.