Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,334 members, 7,808,177 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:11 AM

Greetings From Italy And Some Questions - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Greetings From Italy And Some Questions (667 Views)

Greetings From Kenya / Pictures Of Nigerian Roadside Prostitutes In Italy / PHOTOS: Terrible Life Of African Prostitutes In Italy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by antonio08: 10:31pm On Dec 19, 2013
Dear friends,

i'm Antonio and i write from Italy.
I surfed a bit this forum, i can see that you discuss about a lot of things, cars, sport and so on, exactly as on italian forums. But the image that arrive here from Nigeria and from all the area of equatorial Africa in general, is quite different.
When i go out, in the street of our cities i meet a lot of people from your regions that work as street traders or they beg at the traffic lights whereas the female are often forced to prostitute.... I always ask myself how hard it should be the life in their native region if they have preferred to carry a so long journey up to Europe and do these kinds of works....

Then i remember that they are also the luckiest because a great number of emigrants from your area die during the journey in those iron trucks that pass through the desert or on the boats to reach italian seaside. Just today i read that they undergo robberies in Niger from local policies too or they are often kept in Dirkou in inhuman conditions: the female are often raped too...

Here: http://espresso.repubblica.it/internazionale/2010/01/14/news/morire-nel-deserto-1.17943 there is a video taping some corpses near the border with Algeria.

I think that the blame of this situation and more in general that Africa can't manage to take off depends on european companies that take advantage of your counties and on your corrupted politicians.

i don't understand why your countrymen can leave Nigeria legally, why are they forced to pay a lot of money to cross the desert in inhuman conditions and to be stolen during the journey?

In any case, here in Italy the situation is not as you could imagine, here as well we are lacking in job, there are a lot of people out of work. Really there is so bad to prefer a so hard journey to come here?

A couple of week ago i bought a pizza to a person from Morrocco that didn't eat from 3 days, he told me that he paid a lot of money to come here but here it is not as they told him...

If you decided to leave i suggest you to go in North Europe or Germany but not in Spain or Italy.

i tell you these things to prevent you spending money and being cheated from some criminals that promise you a gorgeous future..

i read also of the terrible conditions of the jails in Congo: http://www.wunrn.com/news/2010/10_10/10_04_10/100410_congo2.htm .

I can agree that the Europen and American exploitation prevent your growth but sometimes you are also brutal between each other as the thielves that rob those poor people in the Sahara or the guards in this prison...

Then i read that in Nigeria there is one of the richest person in the world and i ask myself how we arrived to this point: there is who earns too much and who dies of starvation or of thirst in the desert...

If you are some curiosities about Italy, i am here.
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by Nobody: 10:41pm On Dec 19, 2013
What's the purpose of this thread exactly? To remind us how bad some Nigerians in diaspora are or what?

Your English is whack!
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by antonio08: 11:57pm On Dec 19, 2013
i know my english sucks

i wanted only avoid other deads and give you some information that perhaps are hidden for you, but if you are offended i can ask to delete the entire thread.
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by antonio08: 12:01am On Dec 20, 2013
i wanted to avoid that someone else could have been cheated, not more.

i am not happy to see that some people face all this pain.

english is not my native language, but perhaps your italian is better than my english so we could go on in italian
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by antonio08: 12:13am On Dec 20, 2013
and finally i am not proud for the treatment that your countrymen undergo here from some italians... i apologize for this

i can't carry to see people suffering and i am very sorry for all those deads, i hope this things will stop
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by Nobody: 1:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
i think your intentions are nobel! As you already know, the reason people are willing to take such risks is becos they are ignorant. This can also be traced to the slave mentality we have aquired as a result of 500 hundred years of slavery and colonization. The slave mentality is that every thing in Europe is good.

Most of the people who go to Europe illegaly are uneducated.

I dont have any sort of sympathy for those illegal migrants. They can save 4000 dollar and invest in a perrilious journey but cant set up a business here. Those people are not poor; their problem is just ignorance and lack of education.

4000 dollar can do more in any part of Africa than it can do in most part of Europe. If they can save that amount of money then, they arent poor.

Their illiteracy is further shown by the fact that they cannot even construct simple sentences in the lingua franca of their respective countries. I have listened to many of them speak on the BBC
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by Nobody: 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
i really think you should come to Africa to see things for yourself. We are not the very poor people the media portrays us. Yes, we have very poor people who are in despirate conditions, but i am sure that when you come down for the first time, you will be shocked in a positive way by what you will see.

You were right when you said we have one of the richest people in the world. And no! There are no evidence that he got his wealth in a bad way. The fact that he is able to make a fortune of over 20bn dollar, shows that Africans can make it and are making it.
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by tpia5: 3:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by tyogdaniel(m): 7:44pm On Dec 22, 2013
em Antonio hi *farts mistakenly and runs out of thread*

Are u trying 2 copy d Russian and Somali guys?
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by julioralph(m): 5:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
hmmmmmmmm..
if you're truly italian, then post your real pixs. grin
Re: Greetings From Italy And Some Questions by antonio08: 10:13pm On Dec 25, 2013
dear tyogdaniel, i am here, you don't seem very friendly but i can understand that perhaps you could think that everyone from europe is interested only in take advantage from your county and this can cause feeling of hostility.

souldust, i agree with you, besides i don't understand why someone who have enough money prefer to pay some smugglers to travel in a truck across the Sahara rather than buy a airplane ticket to europe. i suppose that there are some laws in your contries that prevent people to leave freely or that it is very difficult to obtain a visa for Europe. Otherwise i have to think that these criminals promise them a job in Europe besides the journey. Anyway i suppose they are not well informed about the risks they could meet during the jorney. i read they are often robbed of all their money in Niger and forced to work hard at they oasis of Dirkou ( http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-24866338 ) to pay the rest of the jorney in boats unseaworthy that risk to overturn, as happened the last october, up to italan island of Lampedusa.

i think they are not well informed about the risks they could confront and my purpose is to inform who want to leave, because i found also on this forum someone ready to face this madness.

you have the huge fortune of talking english , you could come in Europe legally and work as english teacher.

i really am in love with Africa, you have a warm weather, incredible beauties, i would be pleased to visit your contry or to work there in the oil industry ( with respect of your environment) but i read often about corrupted police that look for money since you land in Lagos or about kidnapping of italian technicals....

Africa is such a rich continent but in my opinion the problem is the corrupted governments that sell off your wealthes, as crude oil and diamonds, to foreign companies...

souldust , i wrote you in private, see you soon

i will post my picture too in few days, don't worry. smiley. why are you so doubtful?

Merry Christmas,

saluti da Salerno

(1) (Reply)

Middle East Artists Mock Islamic State Militant Group - / CNN 'kills' Barack Obama / Putin Promises Turkey 'will Feel Sorry'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.