Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,235 members, 7,780,447 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:34 PM

Best Laptop For Engineering Software. - Computers (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Best Laptop For Engineering Software. (17635 Views)

Where To Buy The Best Laptop In Nigeria / Best Laptop One Can Get With 20k / List Of Top 9 Best Laptop In The World (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Leward(m): 10:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
it's like i've been cheated dudes, i bought a dell inspiron 3521 for 90k and it has the following specs:-
intel(R)pentium(R)CPU2117U@1.80GHz
4GB RAM
64-BIT OPERATING SYSTEM,x64 BASED PROCESSOR
AND 465 HDD
And yet i'm seeing better specs at lower prices, i bought it at abeokuta, is it just me or have i been cheated or overcharged?
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Harbdhul(m): 10:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
I am in d same condition with the Op, I've gotten all ur points, but if i av seen da 1 that suits me, where in d computer can I see d graphics and processor's properties
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by mickeyIso(m): 11:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Guys pls Check out the one I want to buy.nice or not for gaming/a student+businessman smiley ? www.toshiba.com/us/computers/laptops/satellite/S50/S50-AST3NX1 Intel® Core™ i5-4200U Processor
Windows 8.1
12GB DDR3L 1600MHz memory
Intel® Integrated Graphics
1.0TB (5400 RPM, Serial ATA)
DVD-SuperMulti drive (+/-R
double layer)
Intel® Dual Band Wireless-N
7260 2x2 AC Plus Bluetooth
Bluetooth® V4.0
Buttonless touchpad pointing
device with multi-touch control
One Touch Function Keys
Premium Raised Tile LED backlit
Keyboard with 10-Keypad (black)
Lithium Ion (43Wh, 4-Cell)—*Not
user replaceable
1-USB (2.0) port
1-USB (3.0) port
1-USB (3.0) port with USB Sleep
and Charge

2 Likes

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Beey(f): 1:15am On Dec 23, 2013
I don't know how much 75000 Naira is worth if converted to dollars since am not a Nigerian, but the laptop I'd recommend is Mac by apple.They go for anything from $1000. or more depending on the brand but are well worth the cost.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by mickeyIso(m): 2:08am On Dec 23, 2013
Beey: I don't know how much 75000 Naira is worth if converted to dollars since am not a Nigerian, but the laptop I'd recommend is Mac by apple.They go for anything from $1000. or more depending on the brand but are well worth the cost.
shocked $1000=158,899.96NGN

1 Like

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by jonsn: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2013
Augustinaz: Run away from HP laptops. HP laptops cause heating problems. I have purchase two HP laptops and they both have heating problems. They shut down when the laptops over heat. They are manufacturers defects. Run from HP Laptops. A Sony Laptop is better.
Bros, I use Hp laptops and other brands. I can tell you this with all confidence that Hp laptops that cause the heating problems are obviously not for the region you are living. Hp manufacture laptops for regions; say for instance, South Africa. You don't expect the weather condition for SA to be like that of Nigeria; do you? Same thing goes for imported laptops from temperate western and European countries by relatives living there. When they get here, we expect them to function like other models made for tropic regions like ours. And mind you, Hp will not stop you from using it in regions they aren't made for. The choice is simply yours!

So, if your laptop is overheating, just have your AC powered on and you'll see the difference.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by akmaldini(m): 8:03am On Dec 23, 2013
Buy a HP pavilion DV6000..
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by uceee(m): 8:09am On Dec 23, 2013
I always thought Dell laptops were the most reliable until I read this topic and saw all those people recommending Toshiba. So I did a little googling and came up with this:

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by eudoh: 9:34am On Dec 23, 2013
Augustinaz: Run away from HP laptops. HP laptops cause heating problems. I have purchase two HP laptops and they both have heating problems. They shut down when the laptops over heat. They are manufacturers defects. Run from HP Laptops. A Sony Laptop is better.

guy no de tlk wetin u no knw. i ve bin making use of hp laptop 4 long. nd its still serving me well. no overheating. the heatin u r tlking abt depends on d type of micro processor u r making use of. d higher d microprocessor, d costlier d laptop, d beter nd less d heat. amd processors are never hot. mayb u r making use of intel celeron
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by segzysexy(m): 9:47am On Dec 23, 2013
I have a mini samsung for 40k sent frm germany and it last for 5hours.anyone who is interested to contact me @07031256417. Am at osogbo
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 23, 2013
Visit www.kono247.com and get several exciting offers at promo prices
Lobsan Rampa: Hello house, please I have a budget of N75,000 to buy a laptop,which I want use for learning autocad and other engineering softwares.I need an advice on the best brand and required specification of laptop to buy.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by ebukabanky(m): 11:47am On Dec 23, 2013
hello house.....dia is smtin wrong wit my laptop its refusing to accept my password...... am using a mini laptop witout CD rom drive......i dont HV an external hard drive to overrun it can I use a complete laptop to run d password reset since it has CDROM...... tanx
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by AhWetin(m): 12:16pm On Dec 23, 2013
hopefullman: Go for dell.it's very rugged.i run loads of engring software without any problem.i have been using mine now for 4yrs without problem.run from hp.two of my brother's high end hp laptop packed up recently
It's difficult to just generalise when it comes to laptops. Everyone in my house has an hp laptop. I have used mine intensively for 4 years: by intensively I mean - rendering video premiere pro and after effects ,running time domain simulations in matlab and I only shut it down about 1ce in 2 weeks. It started overheating around July but not surprised considering how I have used it. I used DELL previously but had battery and Mother board issues after 1 year. I bought both from uk. I also have friends that have used dell for 4 years so it's almost difficult to give an objective answer to OP

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by LobsanRampa(m): 8:08am On Dec 26, 2013
I am very grateful for all your contributions,thank you so much, God bless you all.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by 735i(m): 8:52pm On Dec 26, 2013
Waspy: Bro, where can one get that, i mean the used Macbook?

Go to computer village and ask for the main importers. Give him your specs and he should be able to get you a good one within a couple of days.
Ensure it is certified and not refurbished.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by AskProf: 11:48pm On Jan 05, 2014
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by roselynbas(f): 2:36pm On Jan 06, 2014

You bought a made for Nigeria HP laptop. Most probably has to do with the processor. May I know the type of processor you have?
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by roselynbas(f): 2:38pm On Jan 06, 2014
uceee: I always thought Dell laptops were the most reliable until I read this topic and saw all those people recommending Toshiba. So I did a little googling and came up with this:

And this chart was compiled by who? what was the criteria?
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by roselynbas(f): 2:40pm On Jan 06, 2014
akmaldini: Buy a HP pavilion DV6000..

This is an old model with mother board issue. The more recent versions DV2 to DV6 series has mitigated those faults.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by roselynbas(f): 2:43pm On Jan 06, 2014
735 i:

Go to computer village and ask for the main importers. Give him your specs and he should be able to get you a good one within a couple of days.
Ensure it is certified and not refurbished.

There is nothing wrong with a refurbished laptop only if you know it is refurbished. I bought a tab in USA that was refurbished. Been using it well without any issues. It simply means that the electronic device was sent back to the lab to verify if it's ok. When u see that tag on the body, it means it has no defects.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Optmus(m): 6:42am On Aug 16, 2015
LobsanRampa:
Hello house, please I have a budget of N75,000 to buy a laptop,which I want use for learning autocad and other engineering softwares.I need an advice on the best brand and required specification of laptop to buy.
Hey Bro!
Sorry I have to digress a little. your username suggests you are a fan of Dr Tuesday Lobsang Rampa.
I love reading his books.
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by Abudu2000(m): 11:16am On Jan 28, 2016
jonsn:

Bros, I use Hp laptops and other brands. I can tell you this with all confidence that Hp laptops that cause the heating problems are obviously not for the region you are living. Hp manufacture laptops for regions; say for instance, South Africa. You don't expect the weather condition for SA to be like that of Nigeria; do you? Same thing goes for imported laptops from temperate western and European countries by relatives living there. When they get here, we expect them to function like other models made for tropic regions like ours. And mind you, Hp will not stop you from using it in regions they aren't made for. The choice is simply yours!

So, if your laptop is overheating, just have your AC powered on and you'll see the difference.
the most foolish and pride inspired comment I have ever seen on Nairaland,so without ac I shouldn't use a laptop right?
Re: Best Laptop For Engineering Software. by TrevorDJ(m): 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2022
Students searching for the best laptops for engineering need a lot of power. But they need a few other things as well. Most matriculating minds on their way back to school need to find that sweet spot between performance and price and should look at laptops ideal for college.

Click here to learn more: https://www.novabach.com/9-best-laptops-for-engineering-students-in-2022

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How To Reduce Etisalat Browsing Speed? / Post Your India Web Proxy problems Here / Rip DVDs, Record Videos, And Convert Audio/Video Formats With VLC Media Player

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.