Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,629 members, 7,801,818 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:32 AM

Cost To Build Your Own House - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Cost To Build Your Own House (28905 Views)

Ambode Introduces Rent-to-own House Policy In Lagos / Architectural Designs For Nairalanders Who Want To Build / Build Your Own House In Lekki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Nobody: 7:08pm On Dec 28, 2013
yosmen:

scammers are not allowed here pls.....

DO U KNOW ME OR U KNOW WHO I AM OR U KNOW WHAT I WORTH?
DON'T FORGET ,,,,LIFE IS A SCHOOL THE MORE WE LIVE THE MORE WE LEARN,
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by chelseabmw(m): 10:56pm On Dec 28, 2013
Will definitely need this 2014
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 11:46pm On Dec 28, 2013
yosmen: Check this design out....

What is the details of this design.. When you post nice design like, you should also give the details for it.
Thanks.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 11:54pm On Dec 28, 2013
olu77emi: Dear,
Thanks for the information, kindly help with information on type of ceiling materials that is suitable for an average income earner, I just moved into my apartment a year ago and all the PVC Ceiling (Chines type) have fallen off, the more I fix them the more they fell off. Kindly advice

Try the Amoula Ventures PVC. I love mine, very durable.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by kid7soccer(m): 12:03am On Dec 29, 2013
Wat d cost for pv celing and wich brand or type is the best
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Segzy23: 8:29am On Dec 29, 2013
how many plot(s) of land is required for 8 flats with just 1 en-suite bedroom, kitchen and lounge?

What will be the estimated cost to build?
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by jayokla: 9:38am On Dec 29, 2013
can one build a 4 bedroom flat, all rooms en-suite, with a library, on a half plot of land?
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 11:39am On Dec 29, 2013
Segzy23: how many plot(s) of land is required for 8 flats with just 1 en-suite bedroom, kitchen and lounge?

What will be the estimated cost to build?

Hello sir,I am a builder from naira land and would appreciate if you will give the chance to work for you as your builder.
Here is my phone number 07031886484 BBM pin 3123DD40.

kindly reply me on this as i await your candid reply.

Regards
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 11:41am On Dec 29, 2013
jayokla: can one build a 4 bedroom flat, all rooms en-suite, with a library, on a half plot of land?

Hello sir,I am a builder from naira land and would appreciate if you will give the chance to work for you as your builder.
Regards
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Segzy23: 4:28pm On Dec 29, 2013
eghosa johnny:

Regards

Let me see your work. I can't just take chances
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 6:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segzy23:

Let me see your work. I can't just take chances

Thank You sir for you reply, its so unfortunate that I don't have much to show you as my computer was taken by robbers,I hope this one can prove something,this is my contact again 07031886484 bbm pin3123dd40

Regards

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 7:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
Roofing

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Segzy23: 8:07pm On Dec 29, 2013
Hello Eghosa, sorry but i don't want to appear skeptical, but I was looking for something to show that you actually built the buildings in the above pictures. As you know, with little or no effort, it is easy to get pictures.

So I have some questions, what part of Nigeria have you carried out these projects?
Do you have a company address or anything like a website where you have advertised what you do?
Any references or recommendations?
Finally, would you consider any area in Nigeria? Because you don't know where I have in mind before offering me your services.

I admire your enthusiasm, but this is business, it has to be done in a business and professional way.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 9:35pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segzy23: Hello Eghosa, sorry but i don't want to appear skeptical, but I was looking for something to show that you actually built the buildings in the above pictures. As you know, with little or no effort, it is easy to get pictures.

So I have some questions, what part of Nigeria have you carried out these projects?
Do you have a company address or anything like a website where you have advertised what you do?
Finally, would you consider any area in Nigeria? Because you don't know where I have in mind before offering me your services.

I admire your enthusiasm, but this is business, it has to be done in a business and professional way.

Thanks

Segzy23, go thru the thread below and you will what he is showcasing to you. I think the guy doesn't know how to link a thread,
he just started posting messages in Nairaland, but the Owner of the house was publishing the photographs and the construction
on Nairaland. You can send a PM email to Vitodorado, owner of the house and ask him about Eghosa's credentials.
I remembered it was a project in Benin.

https://www.nairaland.com/715778/cost-building-5-bedroom-bungalow

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by yosmen: 10:03pm On Dec 29, 2013
jayokla: can one build a 4 bedroom flat, all rooms en-suite, with a library, on a half plot of land?

yes.
email: archigramandassociates@gmail.com
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 10:22pm On Dec 29, 2013
Segzy23: Hello Eghosa, sorry but i don't want to appear skeptical, but I was looking for something to show that you actually built the buildings in the above pictures. As you know, with little or no effort, it is easy to get pictures.

Thanks

Thank you sir for your response I really appreciate it at least its a way just to show your concern,actually I don't have a website for not but I can stand to reassure you that for that building above I built it and I have built in isseluku delta state I have a company address In benin and I'm in lagos as we speak in preparation for a clients job so sir as for your job I can go anywhere . I have just being criticised about the same job that's not my problem because he was just fed on pix about the building but I was on ground while it all happened he only knows him by vitorado but I know his real name to even make it we can invite one of his regular posters area fada to this forum and I will describe the site,mr hajj has just sent you the link and if you want to find more about this building you will see where he recommended me as my name is johnny and my number as the same on th thread it might be stressful but if you can do it to vindicate me I will be indebted to your work and with all intensity to achieve both goal I promise.

Thanks

Thanks

Thank you sir for your response I really appreciate it at least its a way just to show your concern,actually I don't have a website for not but I can stand to reassure you that for that building above I built it and I have built in isseluku delta state I have a company address In benin and I'm in lagos as we speak in preparation for a clients job so sir as for your job I can go anywhere . I have just being criticised about the same job that's not my problem because he was just fed on pix about the building but I was on ground while it all happened he only knows him by vitorado but I know his real name to even make it we can invite one of his regular posters area fada to this forum and I will describe the site,mr hajj has just sent you the link and if you want to find more about this building you will see where he recommended me as my name is johnny and my number as the same on th thread it might be stressful but if you can do it to vindicate me I will be indebted to your work and with all intensity to achieve both goal I promise.

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2013

Thanks

Thanks
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eghosajohnny: 10:27pm On Dec 29, 2013

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks

Thanks
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by jayokla: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2013
yosmen:

yes.
email: archigramandassociates@gmail.com

i sent you an email yesterday but i got no response from you, please check your email.. first 3 letters of my email address is "aji"...
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by chinebu(m): 11:44am On Dec 30, 2013
femmmmi94: end of discussion! check this
Is this a town hall or something
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by gabbytabby: 1:19pm On Dec 30, 2013
gabbytabby:

When I started two 3 bedroom flat at Ajah (1 up 1 down) and I stated all I wanted to be fitted, I was given quotes of between 15m to 18m to complete. I have done it to complete with 8m.

Timetable was also under 12 weeks physical prescence on site. Only thing outstanding is the outside plumbing(we still have 548k to spend out of the 8m).

The more people faff around the more wastage and pilferage occurs. I take things in stages and during this stages its intense. Most of the fittings are also ordered in advance such that I am not waiting around.

Stage 1 - 3 weeks - Raft foundation up to and including 2 blocks on top of lintel on ground floor
Stage 2 - 2 weeks - Decking and blocks up to top of window level for top floor.
Stage 3 - 7 weeks - From stage 2 to completion to include all plastering, painting, windows, metal and wood doors, metal security on windows, tiling, roofing, electrics, painting, wardrobe, cupboards, plumbing(na this one mess me up).

How does it all come together. Planning planning planning. I spend 2 hours in the middle of everynight strategising for the day ahead. by 7am I have made all my calls and know what the plan for the next 3 days is. Also, I arrange to meet with all the contractors that I need for the stage on the first day of each stage and we agree fee and give them a rough idea of when they will be needed( I always pay cost of transport and some feeding money for all) such that if I decide not to use them they dont feel out of joint too much.

I have learnt one or 2 more stuff from the website that should help with planning and cost. Also it does not include any supervision and project management fee and neither does it include sometimes 14 hour shift days or unsociable hours. If someone ask what i think is a reasonable pay for this part of the work. I would say 2m was not too much. I would rather do this than have them pad the cost of materials.

Mr Spyder is working with similar amount for his single room project such that I am watching closely and hope to deliver at close to this as possible. I do like a challenge.

I dey smile when I see all the sir but I be woman oh and I still have an under 5 personal assistant to look after while doing all this. Most of the people who work for me are now like family. I am also a cuddly tiger grin grin. Get the cuddle when you behave and get eaten alive if you play Mr/Mrs/Miss smarty pants.

Critical factors that made this possible

1) I was living on site it was easy to supervise and correct deviations before they become a problem.
2) It was not my first project such that I had a good idea what things should cost.
3) I also had contact details of a majority of my suppliers such that I can call them to check price before I set off
4) I had demonstrated integrity in my dealing with my workers and suppliers such that even when I am not on site and something is needed I can say go and collect or ask the supplier to deliver such that people are not waiting around. Workers will also just get on with work knowing I will pay and be fair.
5) I knew where to source most of the things I needed from.
6) I had a good relationship with people in the neighbourhood and if a local worker that is incompetent comes into my compound I will get a call warning me of this fact almost straightaway or if something fishy is going on, I get to know pretty quickly.
7) I cooked for all the people staying overnight every night and provided a place for them to stay so that they are able to reserve energy for the work the next day instead of battling traffic problems.
cool I was very careful in choosing my contractors such that if for example a contractor quotes 200k for a job that should cost 50k, I would not use him even if he later agrees to do it for 45k cos from experience they dont tend to do a good job and spend a lot of time looking to steal or play games by hoping to get more money or they later abandon the project or I abandon them. I will rather go for one who say 60k to 80k and we negotiate and I know that I might end up paying 80k or look for additonal work to help him make the 80k if possible.
9) As a woman, there are those that object to being supervised by a woman or someone they think they are older than (some dont even realise that I am older than them and they start to wonder when my brothers come round and in their 4x4 still they show yoruba respect ) and most of them are easy to spot cos you call them to give you a quote and they are giving the quote and explanation to the bricklayer or another male worker around and some go as far as say you wont understand the cock and bull they are trying to explain.
10) Very few things have a fixed price in 9ja they just look at you and try to figure out how much they can get away with. My cloth of choice when shopping is my ankara and even then, I will drive past and walk back to the place I am actually going to and price the stuff. You would not believe how many places I have gone back the same day or next and as soon as they see you in the car they quote a higher price and I have to say we have already concluded the bargaining. 9ja na war front you have to figure out what works for you so cunnyman die cunnyman bury am oh. Often times they will also not give you your complete quantity that you paid for or switch the quality.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 3:10pm On Dec 30, 2013
^^^^
Ms. GabbyTabby, I have to say you are very good, and I have been following a lot of your posts, you deserve my respect. I learnt a lot form that post above. "I want to be like you when I grow up."
How I wish my wife was like you, I am a westernized man (being in diaspora for many decades) and needed the input of my wife sometimes in everything I do, but I have a typical Naija woman when thinks the "Man of the House" should make every decision and this piss-me-up sometimes.. so any decision I make I have to make it for both of us which is not easy trying to read mind of what she will like, but I have got used to that now..
I showed your message to my wife just to prove my point; she just rolled her eyes and said "Go marry her", but then you know Naija wives..Thank you for that analytical post.

Hajji Mufutau

1 Like

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by gabbytabby: 3:17pm On Dec 30, 2013
mufutau55: ^^^^
Ms GabbyTabby, I have to say you are very good, and I have been following a lot of your posts, you deserve my respect. I learnt a lot form that post above. "I want to be like you when I grow up."

Hajji Mufutau

I'm an old lady but I never grow reach that. Fashola na my big brother and you go school with am.

Wiseness has nothing to do with age you just live, learn and reflect and that is why I show respect even to a 2 year old.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 3:20pm On Dec 30, 2013
gabbytabby:

I'm an old lady but I never grow reach that. Fashola na my big brother and you go school with am.
Wiseness has nothing to do with age you just live, learn and reflect and that is why I show respect even to a 2 year old.

That is exactly what I am saying... Those philosophical words. Thank you.

Hajji Mufutau
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by eagleeye2: 3:29pm On Dec 30, 2013
gabbytabby:

1) I was living on site it was easy to supervise and correct deviations before they become a problem.
2) It was not my first project such that I had a good idea what things should cost.
3) I also had contact details of a majority of my suppliers such that I can call them to check price before I set off
4) I had demonstrated integrity in my dealing with my workers and suppliers such that even when I am not on site and something is needed I can say go and collect or ask the supplier to deliver such that people are not waiting around. Workers will also just get on with work knowing I will pay and be fair.
6) I had a good relationship with people in the neighbourhood and if a local worker that is incompetent comes into my compound I will get a call warning me of this fact almost straightaway or if something fishy is going on, I get to know pretty quickly.
7) I cooked for all the people staying overnight every night and provided a place for them to stay so that they are able to reserve energy for the work the next day instead of battling traffic problems.
cool I was very careful in choosing my contractors such that if for example a contractor quotes 200k for a job that should cost 50k, I would not use him even if he later agrees to do it for 45k cos from experience they dont tend to do a good job and spend a lot of time looking to steal or play games by hoping to get more money or they later abandon the project or I abandon them. I will rather go for one who say 60k to 80k and we negotiate and I know that I might end up paying 80k or look for additonal work to help him make the 80k if possible.
9) As a woman, there are those that object to being supervised by a woman or someone they think they are older than (some dont even realise that I am older than them and they start to wonder when my brothers come round and in their 4x4 still they show yoruba respect ) and most of them are easy to spot cos you call them to give you a quote and they are giving the quote and explanation to the bricklayer or another male worker around and some go as far as say you wont understand the cock and bull they are trying to explain.
I will like to carve out a two bedroom ensuite from a structure that was meant for garage before. We no longer used it as such.
What extimate can you give me?
I believe I am not starting from foundation.
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by gabbytabby: 3:40pm On Dec 30, 2013
mufutau55: ^^^^
Ms. GabbyTabby, I have to say you are very good, and I have been following a lot of your posts, you deserve my respect. I learnt a lot form that post above. "I want to be like you when I grow up."
How I wish my wife was like you, I am a westernized man (being in diaspora for many decades) and needed the input of my wife sometimes in everything I do, but I have a typical Naija woman when thinks the "Man of the House" should make every decision and this piss-me-up sometimes.. so any decision I make I have to make it for both of us which is not easy trying to read mind of what she will like, but I have got used to that now..
I showed your message to my wife just to prove my point; she just rolled her eyes and said "Go marry her", but then you know Naija wives..Thank you for that analytical post.

Hajji Mufutau

What is around you when you are growing up matters a lot. I have a father whose parents died before he was 10 and he was raised by his big sister and mentored by his sister's husband. He still built 6 houses by the time he was 40. If I had listened to him in the 90's and not be too fearful of the 419's in 9ja, I will be in a different position right now. I am trying to make up for lost time. I am also in the same profession as you so I know how to count my money grin grin. Had my first account at the age of 12.

I also married a simple man whose excitement going to 9ja is to go eat isiewu and bush meat. We now do what both of us are good at and it works for us. So if life gives you lemon make lemonade.

2 Likes

Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by Chekitaut: 3:52pm On Dec 30, 2013
gabbytabby:

Certified Building Supervisor or better still Engineer abi no be so? No 2 Strong woman i can see on NLd. weldone Ma'am
Re: Cost To Build Your Own House by mufutau55(m): 3:57pm On Dec 30, 2013
gabbytabby:

What is around you when you are growing up matters a lot. I have a father whose parents died before he was 10 and he was raised by his big sister and mentored by his sister's husband. He still built 6 houses by the time he was 40. If I had listened to him in the 90's and not be too fearful of the 419's in 9ja, I will be in a different position right now. I am trying to make up for lost time. I am also in the same profession as you so I know how to count my money grin grin. Had my first account at the age of 12.

I also married a simple man whose excitement going to 9ja is to go eat isiewu and bush meat. We now do what both of us are good at and it works for us. So if life gives you lemon make lemonade.

Yes, I will never get tired of reading your post. My 419's are my family members, and they are the one that setback my Naija real estate affairs. But all in all, we have to thank God. I am afraid of everything in Naija, especially if you left for so many years as I did. Thanks GabbyTabby.

Hajji Mufutau

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Making Of The "4 Bedrooms Contemporary Style Duplex" (2 units) In Anambra / 10 Risky Areas In Lekki/Ajah To Verify Before You Buy A Property / Lady Poses In Front Of Her Flooded House In Benue State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.