Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,326 members, 7,780,812 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:03 PM

Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video (19279 Views)

Algae-based Healing Gel That Stops Bleeding In Animals In Less Than 10 Seconds / U.S. Scientists Convert Algae To Crude Oil In Less Than An Hour / World's First Building Powered By Algae (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video by Rexyl(m): 7:26am On Dec 29, 2013
Naijamericana:

You are funny

Its because of new era of civilization and hope to do massive production of crude oil in my farms. Just praying for huge success of the discovery.
Re: Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video by Naijamericana: 9:51pm On Dec 29, 2013
Rexyl:

Its because of new era of civilization and hope to do massive production of crude oil in my farms. Just praying for huge success of the discovery.

Algae conversion into crude oil will remain a novelty and curiosity for professors in ivy towers. In the real world, crude oil from E & D will be the mainstay of energy production for the next 100 years. Besides, has naija exploited the biofuel production for diesel that already exists today? Has the federal govt, developed any biodiesel programs at all?
Re: Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video by Rexyl(m): 6:06am On Dec 30, 2013
Naijamericana:

Algae conversion into crude oil will remain a novelty and curiosity for professors in ivy towers. In the real world, crude oil from E & D will be the mainstay of energy production for the next 100 years. Besides, has naija exploited the biofuel production for diesel that already exists today? Has the federal govt, developed any biodiesel programs at all?

Really our government should by now begin to find bio alternative to fossil fuel which could dry up some years time. As I often challenge our higher institutions, the Universities should by now be ready to give us indigenous technology to produce fuel from abundant organic matter we have in the land. If Brazil could do it I wouldn't know why Nigeria cannot.
Re: Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video by Naijamericana: 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2013
Brazil has accomplished a lot more than Naija. We need better infrastructure before we can move forward substantially. There is no sense of urgency from the political class.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Algae Converted To Crude Oil In Under An Hour-see Picture And Video by profmallory(m): 2:31pm On Apr 08, 2016
Well, fast forward to 2016, we still stick our drillers in the ground but the oil is now way cheaper...

bebe2:
As a white oil company contractor once told my dad,

He said one day, Nigerians are going to stick their dipstick into the ground and realise there is no oil left,
Dats wen they will start to develop other business sectors.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Introduces 5mb Package For Just N5 / Sme Data @ Cheapest Price!!! / Turkish 'Vampire' Gives-up Blood Drinking, Biting Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.