Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,823 members, 7,806,314 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:37 PM

Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) (11527 Views)

Building Collapses In Mile 12, Lagos, One Dead ( PHOTOS) / Scores Wounded As Hotel Collapses In Delta / Building Collapses In Dolphin Estate, Ikoyi, Four Injured, Many Trapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 2:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
Was in a car driving past just minutes ago when I heard a thunderous crash and the driver quickly parked only for us to discover that a building being built nearby has partially collapsed with workers in it. I am not a journalist but will try to upload pictures as the building is quite large.

The part you can see in the top floor of the building was some sort of floor on its own totally cast in concrete, I doubt the soundness of the structural support of the building after this crash. Never in my life have I seen a building of this scale being built with cheap labour.

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by homeboy205: 2:22pm On Dec 20, 2013
Waiting for pictures.... Hope to make it to front page !
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2013
homeboy205: Waiting for pictures.... Hope to make it to front page !
Lol
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 2:42pm On Dec 20, 2013
Where are the pictures.
mod front page please.
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2013
segzy14: Where are the pictures.
mod front page please.
as I haven't said it collapsed and killed people I doubt it is news worthwhile of the front page. If I had said 10 people died on the spot with 16 rushed to the hospital, I'm sure people would have thronged here insulting the owner and contractor. Definitely frontpage material then.
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 6:23pm On Dec 20, 2013
blink182: as I haven't said it collapsed and killed people I doubt it is news worthwhile of the front page. If I had said 10 people died on the spot with 16 rushed to the hospital, I'm sure people would have thronged here insulting the owner and contractor. Definitely frontpage material then.

ok
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by mrphysics(m): 12:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
to Go be the glory great things He has done, Greater things He will do, i pray for His Devine protection, no building will collapse on my head and in the head of any Nairalander in Jesus Name i pray............Amen

5 Likes

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by faitheverest(f): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
;DI'm here again- FP
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by KayEnn(m): 12:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
It could only happen in N*****...Didn't say nafing!!!
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by SIRKOL(m): 12:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hmmm *speechless*
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by dennismukoro(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nawa ooo. Black man thing self
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by AbuMikey(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2013

RIP to the Dead cry undecided

I hope nobody died?

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2013
It is on frontpage at last.
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by 500GP: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
SAPELE TOWN?
IGBO N SUBSTANDARD GOODS (BUILDING MATERIALS)
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Dbryan: 12:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
Pls say wat u knw,sapele is in delta state
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Dreal1247: 12:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
5.00GP:
SAPELE TOWN?
Bat struggling to join the company of mammals. If not panadol. Can never be lyk panadolsmiley

1 Like

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by 2fine2fast(m): 12:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
5.00GP:
SAPELE TOWN?

who is this guy?
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by colossus2: 12:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
Finally part of this building collapsed shocked
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Im a structural engineer and this ur report is not fair. Youre making it sound like the whole building collapsed when cry
1. The failure(collapse) is localised
2. It appears from the pictures (though not very clear) that is the formwork that failed and not the structural members
3. What will you say about the roof of the the Apollo theatre that is over 100 years old that collapsed yesterday in London. After all it has been standing for over 100 yrs and collapsed yesterday
4. Only a full structural integrity study can tell the reason of the collapse if it indeed was structural.
5. And finally, engineers are not God (we only make safe ASSUMPTIONS) always remember that!

2 Likes

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by frankpessu(m): 1:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
@op wich sid 4 sapele b dat.......
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Temismith(f): 1:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
Oga ju....
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by rabonni(m): 1:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
ban me if you like mod.... I don't care....... is like you guys take bribe to bring a topic front page..............rubbish
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by ose431: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
Dem no use sapele water for d mixing of d concrete, dat na y d building collapse... Na so d bricklayer talk grin
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 2:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
ose431: Dem no use sapele water for d mixing of d concrete, dat na y d building collapse... Na so d bricklayer talk grin

lol
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Dannylux: 2:25pm On Dec 21, 2013
Partially collapses lol
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Redhot111(m): 2:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
12 inches!:
Im a structural engineer and this ur report is not fair. Youre making it sound like the whole building collapsed when cry
1. The failure(collapse) is localised
2. It appears from the pictures (though not very clear) that is the formwork that failed and not the structural members
3. What will you say about the roof of the the Apollo theatre that is over 100 years old that collapsed yesterday in London. After all it has been standing for over 100 yrs and collapsed yesterday
4. Only a full structural integrity study can tell the reason of the collapse if it indeed was structural.
5. And finally, engineers are not God (we only make safe ASSUMPTIONS) always remember that!
very on point. But den u n I also knw dat there are some engineers dat never extend dia knowledge to visiting sites during skool days as a way of getting some practical knowledge. Yet d moment dey are out of school, because of sum1's influence they are made to supervise some mega projects yet all dey will do is to liv d site at d mercy of some masons(who are actually more knowledgeable dan d sain engr in question). So wen d mason starts selling materials to make some extra cash and also get some vital structural detailing wrong u start getting results like dis. Mind u, am structural engr n I actually learnt masonary skill b4 I got admission. And all thru my skool days I ws always wrkin wit architects n engineers 4 vry poor fee jst because I ws actually tryin to bring myslf up n nt 4 d money as such.

1 Like

Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by Nobody: 3:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
frank pessu: @op wich sid 4 sapele b dat.......
abeke road by new road
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by rossi49ja(m): 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
5.00GP:
SAPELE TOWN?
is that the limit of your intelligence What has igbo's got to do with this? Numbskull!!!
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by meforyou1(m): 5:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
The way a lot of people comment on this site is pathetic. Especially those that call themselves first to comment.
A building collapsed. And people are commenting, thanking God for being being on the first page and being first to conment. What if you are the obr the structure felt on. And you could not call out for help and becomes don Joe "not among the counted"
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by jamesbridget13(f): 8:20pm On Dec 21, 2013
Its well i say
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by frankpessu(m): 9:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
ashezbrown: abeke road by new road

Ok o....... I dey wait make sapele tafia confirm am
Re: Building Partially Collapses In Sapele Town (Pictures attached) by misteri: 9:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
I would check out the building tomorrow and see if I can post more pictures

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cost Of Rent Around Imo| Co-tenant / Wazobia Garden Estate Phase 1 / 7 Most Expensive Houses In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.