Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,871 members, 7,802,806 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:04 PM

What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl (3147 Views)

An Ijebu Boy And His City (with exclusive city pictures) / Anything Wrong With Marrying An Osu(outcast From Some Parts Of Igboland) / The Cost Of Marrying An Mbaise Imo State Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by ikaleguy(m): 12:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
Need you advise nairalanders.DATING A GIRL PRESENTLY AND SERIOUSLY CONSIDERING MARRIAGE.Each time i introduce her to family members and sayshe is from ijebu ode,Their countenances change.They keep saying ijebus will draw away son- inlaw from his family members.That the husband will forget about his people.One of my aunt even said she went to pray and that it was revealed that the Lady is very good and ok but that her mother will use something on me later(juju) to cause me to forget my people,lady is alright but their is a battle in her family.

I am convinced that the lady is a good and nice person without being told.I have not told her yet but surprisingly she told me she is not interested in the relationship again.REASON? She said her pastor told her that am ok but that there is a battle in my family.

Need ur advise pls.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by ifyalways(f): 12:58pm On Aug 01, 2008
Are u a man or a boy
Its ur life,ur future and ur happiness at stake here.If the lady makes u happy and has gaot everything u seek for in a wife,why dont u go ahead? undecided
Anyway its ur life at the end of the day,think well and decide.gudluck

1 Like

Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by ikaleguy(m): 1:34pm On Aug 01, 2008
@ifyalways

Thanks for your reply . I have no doubt about this lady but she is now saying she is no longer interested in the relationship that her pastor told her she should call it quit.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by ifyalways(f): 2:38pm On Aug 01, 2008
ikaleguy:

but she is now saying she is no longer interested in the relationship that her pastor told her she should call it quit.
oh ooooo
the equation is balanced then,there are doubts and fears in both sides of the camp cheesy
u have nothing to worry abt then,case is closed.i hope u find someone else soon. kiss
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by ASL33: 11:04pm On Aug 01, 2008
When i was small i use to hear of Ijabu Ode as where JUJU is their goodmorning.
Now that i have finished growing up its Ijubu garri i use to hear.

Now that am getting gray hair its Ijebu Girls
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by lucabrasi(m): 11:00am On Aug 02, 2008
@poster
i have also wondered as well why people have something against ijebu women/men,my dad is very liberal when it comes to his children choosing husbands/wives,he doesnt mind marrying from either hausa ,ibo,calabar even white but the only thing he wont allow is ijebu husband or wife, maybe its cause of their love of parties,jewelries and ostentacious display of wealth. i dont know
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by bigfather(m): 7:33pm On Aug 04, 2008
@poster

Each cultural barground has got it's own vices, so there is no big deal in marrying an IJEBU GIRL ! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Mustay(m): 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2008
abi o
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by shuppie(f): 10:52pm On Aug 05, 2008
am an ijebu ode girl, and i can assure u that there is nothing wrong in marrying from ijebu, but u just have to choose the family u want to marry from carefully , but then again nobody can really choose their future in laws family before hand, can they
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by lucabrasi(m): 10:59pm On Aug 05, 2008
shuppie:

but u just have to choose the family u want to marry from carefully , but then again nobody can really choose their future in laws family before hand, can they
hmmmn,intriguing, mind sharing why one needs to choose their in laws carefully and what specific types to avoid in ijebu?thanx
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by HCH3COO: 11:13pm On Aug 05, 2008
What's the balderdash about Ijebu girls? Leave them alone if you don't want them I beg, somebody else will.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Mustay(m): 12:01am On Aug 06, 2008
I guess the poster also avoids ijebu garri too.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by shuppie(f): 12:06am On Aug 06, 2008
ijebu garri is the best, grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by HCH3COO: 12:11am On Aug 06, 2008
shuppie:

ijebu garri to kon daada. to wo eyin.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Nobody: 12:14am On Aug 06, 2008
shuppie:

lol have to agree cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by shuppie(f): 12:17am On Aug 06, 2008
HCH3COO:

ijebu garri to kon daada. to wo eyin.
[quote][/quote]

how do you know, with very cold water, sugar is not neccessary, anything goes, groundnut, coconut, fried meat (especially ileya meat), fried fish, just name it. grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Nobody: 12:19am On Aug 06, 2008
ye! sugar is very neccessary o shocked tongue
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by bigfather(m): 12:24am On Aug 06, 2008
Garri Ijebu with smoked fish and a little bit of salt and pepper beside it . Hmmmmmmm, my tommy don dey sing o ! grin
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by shuppie(f): 12:25am On Aug 06, 2008
GOD knows say i don miss my town and country. undecided undecided
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by onyinye2(f): 12:27am On Aug 06, 2008
ibkaye:

Very true. i once didn't put any and it was lipsrsealed
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Nobody: 12:28am On Aug 06, 2008
onyinye2:

Very true. i once didn't put any and it was lipsrsealed
lool i cannot enjoy my garri without sugar cheesy
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by HCH3COO: 12:29am On Aug 06, 2008
shuppie:

how do you know, with very cold water, sugar is not neccessary, anything goes, groundnut, coconut, fried meat (especially ileya meat), fried fish, just name it. grin
u read my mind
garri ijebu with milk and milo.  ijekuje. ijebu cereal.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by onyinye2(f): 12:32am On Aug 06, 2008
ibkaye:

lool i cannot enjoy my garri without sugar cheesy
Same here. with out it, it just taste not great at all.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by lucabrasi(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2008
@poster
ill advice you to find out why from your parents because its not wise to outrightly dismiss their concerns seeing as they must have had a valid reason for being emphatic
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by sayhi2ay(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2008
Yea, my ex's mum wasn't particularly happy about her dating an ijebu boy(me), are non-ijebu indigenes any better than ijebu indigenes?

and when a friend told her mum about me, the mum was all out against us getting involved cos her husband had took an ijebu woman as a 2nd wife,
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Mustay(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2008
ibkaye
ibkaye:

which time u behghin dey drink garri?
for mallam kano sho abi? angry angry angry

I nor tell u make u no go ther ehn?

Anyway, have u tried it wid HONEY?
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by shuppie(f): 10:23pm On Aug 11, 2008
garri with honey ke. undecided. haven't tried that at all.
Re: What Is Wrong With Marrying An Ijebu Girl by Mustay(m): 9:20am On Aug 12, 2008
a trial will . . .

(1) (Reply)

Wainaabe Fulbe Hirnaange Africa Mi Noddi On Hande / Chinese Speak Igbo Like A True Daughter Of The Soil / The Beauty Of Cape Verde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.