Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,449 members, 7,770,101 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 03:26 AM

10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks (5504 Views)

Top 8 Whatsapp Features And Tricks You Don't Know / Check Out These Tips And Tricks Of Whatsapp / 50 Really Useful Android Tips And Tricks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by snowprince(m): 7:19pm On Dec 20, 2013
10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks

1. Activate the Android Power Strip

The single most important feature in Android 2.1 is its built-in power strip widget. Here, you're able to quickly disconnect all the phone's battery-destroying features, like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and the Great Batter Killer that is GPS. Long-press on the screen and install it via the widgets category.

Android power strip

2. Android call screening

If you're a paranoid call-screener, Android is there for you. Open up the Contacts listing of the person you're currently avoiding, then select Menu > Options. From here you're able to ping all incoming calls from this person directly to voicemail. Give people the brush off with Android.

3. Set up custom caller ringtones

Alternatively, if you like talking to people, the same screen lets you allocate a specific custom ringtone to each caller stored in your Contacts directory.

30 best free Android apps

4. Add your alarm clock to your task killer

A classic mistake, this. We're constantly being told of the (debatable) importance of using a task manager to maximise Android battery life, and if you want to go down that route you're welcome. However, when killing all your tasks to save battery life, remember that your alarm clock is a task in itself - kill that and you'll wake up in a panic at 10.15am tomorrow morning.

5. Organise things into folders

While Steve Jobs may have recently made quite a big deal about letting iOS users organise things into folders, Android's been doing that for ages. Fancy a quick Home screen shortcut to your starred favourite contacts? Long-press the Home screen and make it so.

6. Rename Android folders

And, once you've done that, to customise things to perfection it's possible to rename folders. Simply open the folder, then long-press on its name in the top bar to bring up the Top Secret renaming field.

Rename folders

7. Check the date

Possibly one of the tiniest undocumented features is the date-checking facility. Press the Notification bar at the top left of the screen. It tells you what the date is. Go on, try it. It will.

8. Mount your SD card

Also accessed via the Notifications field is the "Mount" option. Many an Android newcomer has failed at this hurdle, as mounting your phone's SD card is an awkward step that needs to be taken before it'll appear as an external drive for data copying. Plug it in, mount it, then copy.

9. Set up your keyboard launch shortcuts

One of the reasons many people still love their QWERTY keyboards is Google's inclusion of the reliable old keyboard shortcut system in Android. The phone has a completely customisable collection of app launcher shortcuts, which are found under Settings > Applications > Quick Launch.

Quick launch

10. Download more Android live wallpapers

One thing that makes Android 2.1 a little more swish and exciting than the rather dull earlier versions is its support for Live Wallpapers - the animating image format that brings your Home screen to life. There's a negligible battery life hit for doing so, but in return you get a phone that looks cool. Which is what life's all about, right? Search the Android Market for Live Wallpaper - there are loads.

Get more useful Android tips and tricks here http:///S7oIb

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by myOGAonTOP: 8:11pm On Dec 20, 2013
First the tips were useful. The rest were........thanks anyway.
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by piratedcopy(m): 8:55pm On Dec 20, 2013
lovely tips
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by xamiel: 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by ubiplanet(m): 3:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
Cool

4th to comment..Finally i made it
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by hamzia(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
hmmm
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by rioemmanuel(m): 3:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
okay
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by IAMBREEZY: 3:49pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice one
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by mosho2good: 3:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
What about ten useful tips for nokia 3310

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by xtophy(m): 3:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
INCOMPREHENSIBLE PIECE OF >>>>>>>>WTF.....

11 Likes

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by betrani(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
Track ur stolen or lost android fone from or Google account anywhere in the world using android device manager! Location and positioning made easy with a one click trace on Google maps! "Find my android phone" doesn't get better than this!
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by RoyalRoy(m): 3:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
The whole write up is almost meaningless and full of gibberish.

Guess the op used a translator to convert the write up from Chinese to English.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by godwinony(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
GOLEM
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by tiswell(m): 3:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
das cool
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
Op i don't understand you o.

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by kekakuz(m): 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
nonsense
where are the real tips and tricks like grabbing the scree(snapshot)hold the volume and power button at once
other great tips not telling me to download some old barbaric redundant rejected forgotten excommunicated ancient archaic outmoded antiquated antediluvian junkkkkkkkkk
al this i*** boys self

3 Likes

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by LadyH(f): 4:03pm On Dec 21, 2013
warrisdis biko nu??

y must u use ""golem"??
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Uchenna42(m): 4:05pm On Dec 21, 2013
LOAD OF CRAP! sad

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
But why golem shocked(
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by constance500: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
@op
bros no vex o...u posted dis from which village angry

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Truman155(m): 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Thank God for golem i made front page ff me on twitter @sir_truman am gonna be a celebrity one day
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Utter rubbish! No sense in any of these.

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Damey2011(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
real nonsense

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Tuljaking(m): 4:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
y I waste my last 10kb open chineese thread

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by yyb14: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
michu: But why golem shocked(
I wonder ooo
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
I liked all comments (the ones above mine) that thinks this post is incomprehensible.

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2013

My brain is still trying to recover. What the fruckenheim did I just read?

1 Like

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by zuma4k(m): 4:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Ok
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by nice95ng(m): 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
snowprince: PLEASE NOTE: Android is also known as golem, so anywhere you see golem just now that i am referring to Android grin grin
The single most vital feature in golem a combine of.1 is its internal power strip gismo. Here, you're ready to quickly disconnect all the phone's battery-destroying choices, like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and additionally the great Batter Killer that is GPS. Long-press on the screen and install it via the widgets category.

Android power strip

2. golem call screening

If you're a paranoid call-screener, golem is there for you. Open up the Contacts listing of the person you're presently avoiding, then opt for Menu > decisions. From here you're ready to ping all incoming calls from this person on to voicemail. supply people the comb off with golem.

3. originated custom caller ringtones

Alternatively, if you want rebuke people, constant screen helps you to portion a selected custom ringtone to each caller confine your Contacts directory.

thirty best free golem apps

4. Add your timer to your task killer

A classic mistake, this. We're constantly being told of the (debatable) importance of using a task manager to maximise golem battery life, and if you want to travel down that route welcome. However, once killing all of your tasks to avoid wasting battery life, bear in mind that your timer can be a task in itself - kill that associate degreed you'll awaken in an passing panic at 10.15am tomorrow morning.

5. Organise things into folders

While Steve Jobs might have recently created quite immense deal regarding rental iOS users organise things into folders, Android's been doing that for ages. Fancy a quick Home screen cutoff to your marked favorite contacts? Long-press the house screen and make it therefore.

6. Rename golem folders

And, once you've got done that, to customise things good it's achievable to rename folders. simply open the folder, then long-press on its name among the prime bar to call the best Secret renaming field.

Rename folders

7. Check the date

Possibly one amongst the tiniest unregistered choices is that the date-checking facility. Press the Notification bar at the best left of the screen. It tells you what the date is. Go on, try it. It will.

8. Mount your American state card

Also accessed via the Notifications field is that the "Mount" selection. many an golem newcomer has unsuccessful at this hurdle, as mounting your phone's American state card could be a clumsy step that has to be taken before it'll appear as Associate in Nursing drive for info repetition. Plug it in, mount it, then copy.

9. originated your keyboard launch shortcuts

One of the reasons several folks still love their QWERTY keyboards is Google's inclusion of the reliable recent keyboard cutoff system in golem. The phone incorporates a completely customisable assortment of app launcher shortcuts, that unit of measurement found beneath Settings > Applications > quick Launch.

Quick launch

10. transfer further golem live wallpapers

One issue that makes golem a combine of.1 somewhat further swish and exciting than the rather uninteresting earlier versions is its support for Live Wallpapers - the brisk image format that brings your Home screen to life. there's a negligible battery life hit for doing therefore, but reciprocally you get a phone that seems cool. that's what life's all regarding, right? Search the golem marketplace for Live Wallpaper - there unit of measurement a whole bunch.
Hope you loved what you just read. grin grin grin grin

Get more useful Android tips and tricks here http:///S7oIb

MUMU
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by darlingnuel(m): 4:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
xtophy: UNCOMPREHENSIBLE PIECE OF >>>>>>>>WTF.....
υηċσмρʀєнєηѕιвℓє? υѕє уσυʀ ɗιċтισηαʀу ιƒ уσυ αʀєη'т ѕυʀє σƒ α ωσʀɗ. тнє ʀιgнт ωσʀɗ ιѕ ιηċσмρʀєнєηѕιвℓє! BTW, σρ, ι ċαη нαʀɗℓу υηɗєʀѕтαηɗ αηутнιηg ƒʀσм тнιѕ ρσѕт!
Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by otijah(m): 4:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
LIKE if you knw the OP and the MOD that put this topic on FP shuld be flogged

6 Likes

Re: 10 Useful Android Tips And Tricks by gr3yb4ck(m): 4:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
End time is near truly!

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much To Unclock Icloud For Iphone6 / Can't Decide Between Oppo And Redmi Phones Which One To Go For? My Budget Is 70k / Flashing And Text Messaging Club

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.