Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,307 members, 7,808,041 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:30 AM

How Often Do You Visit Your Village? - Culture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / How Often Do You Visit Your Village? (8629 Views)

When Your Boy Friend Is The Leader Of Masquerade Group In Your Village [PHOTO] / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Dec 21, 2013
I no dey play with my village at all, If you are the type that doesn't go to your village don't worry the day you will need your village people is coming, na then dem go ask you who did you say is your Father. You must go to your village one day either dead or alive

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by franzis(m): 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
It doesn't depend on if u travel to ur village or not before u can be able to speak ur native language..9 years after was when I visited my village after d initial one, followed by 5 years after last was 2009 from then till now I neva cross my village and I have only lived with yorubas and no single ibo as neighbours..with all that I can still speak my ibo language
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by lonelydora: 9:44pm On Dec 21, 2013
I visit my city village once every month because it's an interesting place to be.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by nabiz(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
for over five years i have not been in my village but will travel this year buy the grace of God. i based in abuja and am tied of the fake life in abuja. every thing in abuja is fake from women to food u eat ar fake. imagine living a place without natural vegitable, red oil is fake, grounded paper is fake, every day u use swimimming pool and no natural river to swim. i have abuja. every girl in abuja are fake claiming what they ar not. they can lie! infact am going to village 2moro
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by franzis(m): 9:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
lonelydora: I visit my city village once every month because it's an interesting place to be.

That ur city village must be paradise on earth
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by HopeAtHand: 10:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
Anytime i see village threads i wonder how it must feel to come from a bush..

As a port harcourt ikwerre guy, im always thinking of how to develop my city into a megacity..

knowing that many Nairalanders come from villages, i wuld from now on excuse regularly post of some of you, cos i wouldnt expect anything else but write-ups frought with village mentality.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by kraftyiyk: 10:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

As a port harcourt ikwerre guy, im always thinking of how to develop my city into a megacity..

knowing that many Nairalanders come from villages, i wuld from now on excuse regularly post of some of you, cos i wouldnt expect anything else but write-ups frought with village mentality.
Ikwere man, please how old are you? 10 i guess..please scram..zoom off , this is not a post for kids.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

No matter how beautiful Dubai Marina looks, It is still some peoples village. You must be a kid to think that the name village means that the place is a bush place.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by laykhorn(m): 11:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
the last time i visited my village was in 2007, i was just in SS2 then. Boy don almost dey 300 if no be for strike and i neva go. I didnt miss a lot because my granpa visits often but its almost 3years i last saw him. Infact, i dey go village for new year. Thanks op
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 12:04am On Dec 22, 2013
*rolls eyes*

never been there undecided embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by rts1(m): 3:53am On Dec 22, 2013
Village is gud o

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by secnelly: 5:09am On Dec 22, 2013
Infact, I dey Village now. I dont even know if am leaving here again.
OP, hope it answers your question.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Charbless(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2013
piratedcopy: why go back to village where there is no light and water. Why suffer yaself for notin. Btw shout out to the demehin's and ifect

Can't u develop ur villa? Wia U are residing nw is someone's villa. Dts incase u'v 4gotten
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by frainc(m): 8:50am On Dec 22, 2013
rozzay: I can proudly speak my language tho haven't been to my villa. Thanks to my parents. Ogwashi ukwu ill def pay homage someday.
my dear pls try to visit the place
Ogwashi Ukwu is one of the happening place in delta, my mum is from there.

where you dey na?
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by frainc(m): 9:03am On Dec 22, 2013
Afam4eva:
This sounds like something that Anambra and Aniocha people would say.
yea, that is what we speak in Aniocha (delta)
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Gidigidi3(m): 10:38am On Dec 22, 2013
ikechukz: For sure na....I travel to my villa more than twice every year and would also be travelling to my villa next week.....Igbo Ukwu noni..

Nwa nna kedi, When are comin back to the ancient town of Igbos? Igbo-ukwu my father's land, can't wait to be dia xmas. When your are home holla me on 07038382584.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

you are a big loser with no heritage and original home to be proud of.

talk about sour grapes. .
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2013
gboss4sure:

No matter how beautiful Dubai Marina looks, It is still some peoples village. You must be a kid to think that the name village means that the place is a bush place.

exactly!

And don't forget, even those multimillion dollar Gulf Arab tribesmen still go back to their village or the their desert homeland to spend some time their in their tents with their livestock.

not excluding the Sheikh of Dubai himself.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by PAGAN9JA(m): 11:27am On Dec 22, 2013
valuka: At least 3times a year.
And am based in Lagos.
Okija in Anambra State... That's where am from.

wow you are from the Holy Land.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Revolva(m): 1:57pm On Dec 22, 2013
;DVillage for where..i laff...iknow there sha...but who cares when all my family are here in lagos..hustling..na village people face i wan go look n who cares about speaking laguage..if i no sabi speak my language proper shey i no go progress again/
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Alikaxon(m): 3:24pm On Dec 22, 2013
secnelly: Infact, I dey Village now. I dont even know if am leaving here again.
OP, hope it answers your question.
yes sir, thank u 4 answering
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hmmmm kul dats lovely. Am in lag nd abt goin to my beloved happenin town dunno abt dat
f rain c: my dear pls try to visit the place
Ogwashi Ukwu is one of the happening place in delta, my mum is from there.

where you dey na?
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by knowledge4(m): 4:03pm On Dec 22, 2013
I visit about once in 5 years. Really, i have no serious business with the place. The last time i was there in September 2013 after a 5 year absence, i spent 3 hours and hurriedly left the town for strong personal reasons.God knows when i will be there again.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by HopeAtHand: 7:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you are a big loser with no heritage and original home to be proud of.

talk about sour grapes. .

If you think PH is Lagos or Abuja and as such dsnt belong to anyone, u better think again..Ask my fellow Non-ikwerre Rivers people if they find it easy out here before you settler.

If u feel we do not hav a heritage becos our 'Village' is developed into a city then ure ill-informed.

you need to ask ur brothers Abagworo and Afam4eva and they will let you know that the ikwerre people hav one of the best cultural displays and traditions and practices in Nigeria.

My 'Village' is developed into a beautiful city yet retains its unique culture and traditions.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by PAGAN9JA(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
Hope.At.Hand:

If you think PH is Lagos or Abuja and as such dsnt belong to anyone, u better think again..Ask my fellow Non-ikwerre Rivers people if they find it easy out here before you settler.

If u feel we do not hav a heritage becos our 'Village' is developed into a city then ure ill-informed.

you need to ask ur brothers Abagworo and Afam4eva and they will let you know that the ikwerre people hav one of the best cultural displays and traditions and practices in Nigeria.

My 'Village' is developed into a beautiful city yet retains its unique culture and traditions.

Then stop badmouthing other peoples for being proud of their villages.

We have roots over there ok.
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by OKUCHI11(m): 10:26pm On Dec 22, 2013
Taywon: see gobe..... hw i go ...go wen d witches and wizard are still alive
AND DEM READY 2 FOLLOW PERSON BOTH ON FACEBOOK AND TWEETER...THEIR NEW NAME NA TRADITIONAL AIR FORCE...ANYWAY I AM COVERED BY D BLOOD OF JESUS ....
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by winteriscoming: 1:27pm On Dec 23, 2013
I go every other year. Went last year. Going next year Christmas. I swear the village is fun except for the no 3g services. But I counter balance that by going with my laptop and pad. They treat you like royalty. With correct pounded yam and egusi.

1 Like

Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by grandstar(m): 6:15pm On Dec 24, 2013
I am from a town not a village. grin Well I visit home about thrice a year
Re: How Often Do You Visit Your Village? by Ndipe(m): 2:45am On Nov 23, 2014
used to go regularly as a kid when we lived in Calabar.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Free Dating Site Where Cultures are Integrated / My Observations. The Igbos And Yorubas Tribe. Funny But True. / When Last Did You Visit Your Hometown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.