Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,806 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:11 PM

Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? (28978 Views)

When Your House-help Is Straight From The Village (hilarious Photo) / 5 Disadvantages Of Marrying A Man Who Can Cook / Married As A Second Wife For Child-Bearing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
jennykadry:
I have to prepare for lies(shoes related) weeks before even then he won't believe me and I am a typical Umuahia babe. An Igbo man fall that cheap lie? I will chop one of my legs off

Kai Jenny
One man from Burkinafaso been wan swindle my uncle for car business
My uncle look am finish shake head
Man wey my uncle fit appraise sell for Miami flea market wan swindle somebody
Nne make I go baff ojare
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by teemy(m): 4:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
thirdly, irrespective of what advice you get here, do not let it make you act the marriage breaker while trying to act tough as it is YOUR marriage. handle yourself better, show love and be more open with sharing your feelings with him. pray together
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Celepope: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
pinkshell:

Hehehhe!
I like ur wife.
She dey do u strong tin.

It takes a strong woman to marry a nigerian.
I wished d OP was a tougher wife, or beta still had nigerian women as frnds.

U men, are really driving women crazy ooo, look at at gov Chime turned his wife in2. #SMH
Na wa...o.This my wife almost strong reach me but I pass am.Because of me she went to register on NL.I know.she might read this topic but I don't care.Jamo women get strong heart...o.She don learn pidgin by force.First she went to download a radio app which makes her tune in to Nigerian stations like wazobia fm.She don dey won learn igbo by force.But na there I take pass am.How a learner go take know language pass native speaker?But on a serious note sha how igbo brothers nor dey try.If I so wish to get another wife I will simply talk to my wife and tell her the reasons why we can't continue cause all marriage are not bound to last forever and then move on.I cant be a coward playing hide and seek because of another yeye woman for Naija.I am against polygamy.Instead I will divorce and move on that's if we have serious irreconcilable differences.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by musiwa112: 4:11pm On Dec 21, 2013
99% OF Africa men dont sleep with their wife , while she is pregnant. it is not because he hate you. it is just what they believe. if you ask a nigeria female friend ask her. they dont do that in africa.

in africa we give pregnant women money . we believe it bring us good lucky. i have seen women here. so i tried to give them something to find favour before God, but because they dont believe in things like this. they wonder why, you want to give them.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 21, 2013
musiwa112: 99% OF Africa men dont sleep with their wife , while she is pregnant. it is not because he hate you. it is just what they believe. if you ask a nigeria female friend ask her. they dont do that in africa.

My husband and i made love through all of our pregnancies
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
musiwa112: 99% OF Africa men dont sleep with their wife , while she is pregnant. it is not because he hate you. it is just what they believe. if you ask a nigeria female friend ask her. they dont do that in africa.
stop telling lies.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by musiwa112: 4:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
then you are different than the rest, you live in north america.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
musiwa112: then you are different than the rest, you live in north america.

And that makes him non African?
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Celepope: 4:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Musiwa has a point but I don't agree with his statistics.Many of my friends that were faithful to their wife became dogs when their wife was pregnant though not in the early stage.When the pregnancy has gotten to around 6 months guy men dey ball out go play away.Ladies you may not know but that's the truth.Your hussy giving in may be based on your urge and dire need for it and he has to do it so as not to offend you.But in the true sense many of them won't do it.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
you expect a niqqa to read all this?

everything?

especiAlly during this festive period?

jeeeez!!!!!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by gabbytabby: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
Baby mama:

I am wondering if it is the size of his blokoss that is keeping her
There is a bigger man out there in case she doesn't know
Statistics says Congolese men are bigger than Nigerians and those their makosa hips na helele grin
Make She try go central Africa if amu is the issue
See as woman wan comot cloth enter market because of amu

Thank you my sister for the information. I saw one white roomate once dey cry over one ugger congolese boyfriend and was wondering what the heck is she blind?? now I know why. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:28pm On Dec 21, 2013
musiwa112: then you are different than the rest, you live in north america.

grin grin grin

I haf seen it all on NL cheesy
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
rigormortis: you expect a niqqa to read all this?

everything?

especiAlly during this festive period?

jeeeez!!!!!

grin grin what has festive period got to do with the post? grin
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by macjive01: 4:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
My take on the issue.

First, nowadays, many Nigeria's especially igbo tend to
Stick with their white wives. And never remarry.

How old is your man? If he is over 40 then there might be an issue, most older folks are more traditional than the younger , devil-may-care- attitude igbo/ Nigerians. ( though yorubas still have a strong family influence over their choice)

Has he any education ? ( this will help gauge his reasoning and outlook).

He got his resident permit before he married you;
If he got it through a marriage union with another white girl then I would say his married with you must be geniune, cos the traditional approch would be :

marry a white girl , get ur papers, then start searchjng for women back home;, do traditional wedding; then divorce the white girl; then marry the black wife and then bring her over.

However, you said he gets heart attack; that might be another angle, his people might have told him that with such a condition, if he dies, that might be the wnd of his linage as rhe white girl will ( stereotypically) elude with his child.
So it could be he is now listening to them and their archaic reasoning.

Now, before I proceed,; are you a wifee material ?

Do you really think a man would want to spend the rest of his life with you? -

I know its a bit harsh, but sincerely some girls are as fat as a jumbo plane, stink as high as hindu onions and garlic mixture, and ugly as a motherfuxker .
Such women, whom has been rejected and dejected by their own, only to be sweep up by this desperate immigrants, ( though many blacks geniunely like big white girls). Such girl should be rest assured that if they dont make effort to improve themselves; lose weight, clean out , and learn to ride the D, and improve their finances , THE MAN WILL LEAVE HER AT A POINT. Child/children /no children .

Hopefully, you are not in that class, right?

Now, looking at the issue on another lens , his side, his defence.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by gabbytabby: 4:34pm On Dec 21, 2013
jennykadry: This man had his papers before he married her so no one will call him a residence permit digger grin

He is just using her to build for home. Then he go take sabatical for 2-3 years with Ngozi grin grin
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by pinkshell(f): 4:36pm On Dec 21, 2013
Cele-pope:

Na wa...o.This my wife almost strong reach me but I pass am.Because of me she went to register on NL.I know.she might read this topic but I don't care.Jamo women get strong heart...o.She don learn pidgin by force.First she went to download a radio app which makes her tune in to Nigerian stations like wazobia fm.She don dey won learn igbo by force.But na there I take pass am.How a learner go take know language pass native speaker?But on a serious note sha how igbo brothers nor dey try.If I so wish to get another wife I will simply talk to my wife and tell her the reasons why we can't continue cause all marriage are not bound to last forever and then move on.I cant be a coward playing hide and seek because of another yeye woman for Naija.I am against polygamy.Instead I will divorce and move on that's if we have serious irreconcilable differences.

Plz ooo, neva harbor dat kinda mindset that not all marriages are meant to work(eveb doe is tru).

Na d tin wey we tk senior oyinbo ppl be dat.
We work hard at our marriages, we don't give up easily.
My mum wld say, oyinbo wmen don't tk bull-sheet, sh wld say but black woman go take bull-sheet, colet piss join, n even thank the handler sef.

Na ur wife really fit u #Smiles
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by tonychristopher: 4:39pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: Id love to cook for my husband but he is being so complicated anytime I cooked for him and didnt even taste it..For example I prepared MMoimoiwhich took me very long and he didnt try it...
Somehow I dont have the power to control him..Anytime I confront him he either gives a stupid excuse which makes me look silly or gets mad at me..
There was a time I saw picture of naked women on his camera and confronted him.Eventually I ended up begging him for peace! So there was a time I found a condom and apacket of condoms in his lugagge.What I did was to write a little note and put a picture of myself telling him I love him..Hoping hed stop everything when remembering it would hurt him.I didnt want to take away the condom because I was afraid he might do something without which would b worse..
How can I have astrong hand on him and how will I confront him with my fear. How could such marriage b stopped? Is there a way back after such traditional marriage?
I am afraid of trouble because I saw my husband dying 3 times and I am too afraid of something happening to him and we are not in peace.
Why accepting that culture? He is not even honest with me if he actually wants to marry...?

there is nothing to worry about....its a man nature to taste the wters but what u should always understand is to always pray...african men are always in charge women dont control them and the earlier the better you understand this...if an african man wants to marry another woman no body can stop him...thats his perogative...you should have studied his culture and ask yourself if you can stand other women that will emerge...note. african women dont divorce cos they cought a man with another woman..thats a flimsy reason for divorce and if you eventually divorce you have paved the way for another woman

this is one thing the western women have to grasp....by the way the bible didnt say thou shall not marry two women but the key is prayer paryer and parayers
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by lokzie: 4:51pm On Dec 21, 2013
@OP If you story is true,i hope your marriage will be redeemed. However, i think you are a Nigerian and your story is a fantasy. Though English isn't the first language of the Swiss, and though you have been associated with a Nigerian for 10yrs now, you made errors that most Swiss who speak English wouldn't (Swiss also make errors, so that isn't the issue but as a naija guy, i can smell 'our' English). check yourself out .... thinking I didnt hear the Igbo , you've been fearing that, have I married another woman? , ...praises his friends who married in Nigeria (from the context,it seems you didn't necessarily mean location of wedding but that their wives were Nigerians) .There are a lot more of these that suggest you aren't who you say you are, but i don't want to spend more time analyzing. Let us just reflect statement This topic has been bothering me but it becomes a real emergency....

3 Likes

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:52pm On Dec 21, 2013
I feel sorry for some women,she is even feeding,clothing and housing the bugger undecided,SMH.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
byvan: I feel sorry for some women,she is even feeding,clothing and housing the bugger undecided,SMH.

Absolutely ridiculous.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Sunnybobo3(m): 4:57pm On Dec 21, 2013
wifee: Had an idea..Will tell my husband I had a nightmare of him marrying another woman..the father of the woman demanded a lot as dowry..Then Ill tell him that I left him.Later on he called me to tell me his wife was treating him bad and he wanted to come back. Some days later I heard something bad happened to him...
After Ill ask him to promiss me he'd never marry a second wife...
I wish that could change his mind/hope it can stop things before its too late..Guess I am lost already...
Off course I am praying as well! I cant imagine that my dream come true with the husband I love and our wonderfull little baby could end here...

Don't you think your husband could be in Nairaland going through this thread and even contributing?
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by macjive01: 5:12pm On Dec 21, 2013
Firstly, all the phone intimacy etc is immoral , cheating, but that doesnt mean he is planning to leave you .
Most men married to black nigerian women would still do it.
Nigerian men seperates sex from love.

On the marriage arrangement, have you thought it could be for his brother ?

In igbo culture, many richer brothers would help their sibling pay for the doweries and celebration.

Im not excusing him, just assessing every scenario.

The way forward.

Look, if your suspicion is eating u up, and your gut feeling tells you he is up to no good. Then it might be better to prepare your mind and self for the end.

Speak to him with all the facts ( please dont go shouting or u wouldnt get anyway with him)

Be plain, tell him your concerns and fears and thoughts and thinking . And the consequences of it .

If after the discussion, he does not avert your fear. Then go to option z:

Secure some SAVINGs for yourself.

HIDE YOUR SON'S PASSPORT . Take it out of the house.

Prepare your heart for the worst.

Also , DONT ACCEPT BRINGGING ANY SISTER/SUPER NANNY FROM NIGERIAN. Put yout kids in nusery and deal with it as 98% of parents in europe deals with it.

Super nanny from nigerian are ALWAYS TROUBLE. even if he is sincere now , be rest assured such a man into telephone sex will one day demand for sex from your super nanny. It wont be just once.

Most black men married to whites are dying to taste black puxxy once again.

Dont tempt him with ur super nanny idea.
Cos if he finally eers as expected , God will be the first to forgive him.

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Lucasbalo(m): 5:15pm On Dec 21, 2013

in africa we give pregnant women money . we believe it bring us good lucky. i have seen women here. so i tried to give them something to find favour before God, but because they dont believe in things like this. they wonder why, you want to give them.
What are you talking about ?.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by lawyer2011: 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Hello Wifee,
So sorry to hear about your predicament though I can only but offer you legal advise. Under nigeria law, It is criminal for your husband to contract any form of marriage whether traditional or court marriage while still married to u. This is because once a couple contracts a court marriage, the law presumes that they have chosen to be subject to English Law which allows for monogamous marriage only.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by repogirl(f): 5:24pm On Dec 21, 2013
Wifee, u are asking for advice but u're not listening to anything being said.... Your gut is telling you something but u're choosing not to listen...... You are weak and he knows this, he knows even if he gives you shit to eat, you'll swallow and tell him"thanks honey, I still love you".

from all u said above, its obvious your husband is milking you for all you can offer and he knows his kid with you will make it difficult for you to leave.

the way I see you, even if he pokes you in the eye with his new wedding ring, u won't still accept that he's getting married. You need solid proof, so keep,waiting till you get it. If you like, keep taking care of him and paying the bills while he amasses his fortunes back home and then dumps you when you are middle aged with nothing else going for you.

I'm not usually this sarcastic but sometimes I can't stand a certain level of gullibility. Wish you the best.

p.s. As long as you keep eating his lies and shit, he will keep feeding you with it, you know what you have to do, so do it!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by oluakadinma: 5:27pm On Dec 21, 2013
Suspicion mode: Your plight is a pathetic one that only God's hand can turn around. Try God and see things yourself. But on other hand, I would suggest you confront him one on one! Spell out what your reaction would be if he trys it. Confronting him does not make you silly atall, it proves your love to him once more.Maybe Mrs. Obama has to take you on tutorial on how to secure your husband jealously.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Wow. this white lady. I pity u sha o. hmm. I dnt know the basis upon which this your marriage was built. I just think its time u tell yourself the truth. Your husband is marrying someone else as 2nd wife. Brace yourself for the worst my dear. Its a pity u married a traditionalistic man who never loved and valued u. Its time to ask yourself 'Can i accept a 2nd wife'? Ask urself again and again. U are a white. whites NEVER accept this. Tell yourself the truth. The earlier u do this, the better for ur psychological state of mind. Your marriage was based on Absolutely nothing. Brace yourself.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by repogirl(f): 5:34pm On Dec 21, 2013

orisii mewa, na WA o, I wonder what backward villa this guy was uprooted from? This is the first am hearing that African men don't sleep with their wives in pregnancy. GOSH!!!

please this woman needs sensible advice, not concocted BS!

Also, if I received money for everytime I have been pregnant, I would have been a millionaire by now, I doubt this guy is African sef, where in the world did he come up,with this truck load of bull?

1 Like

Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
repogirl: Wifee, u are asking for advice but u're not listening to anything being said.... Your gut is telling you something but u're choosing not to listen...... You are weak and he knows this, he knows even if he gives you shit to eat, you'll swallow and tell him"thanks honey, I still love you".

from all u said above, its obvious your husband is milking you for all you can offer and he knows his kid with you will make it difficult for you to leave.

the way I see you, even if he pokes you in the eye with his new wedding ring, u won't still accept that he's getting married. You need solid proof, so keep,waiting till you get it. If you like, keep taking care of him and paying the bills while he amasses his fortunes back home and then dumps you when you are middle aged with nothing else going for you.

I'm not usually this sarcastic but sometimes I can't stand a certain level of gullibility. Wish you the best.

p.s. As long as you keep eating his lies and shit, he will keep feeding you with it, you know what you have to do, so do it!
Exactly. Maybe the thing never do her like film show yet. when the thing go nack am for her head, her brain cells go tell am. I dnt know what she is still waiting for. She sounds like one of these very gullible, emotional wrecked white women who will kill themselves or start using knives to cut their hands once a man leaves them. Hmm. U better wake up Woman!!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by baralatie(m): 5:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
mickyarams: There is a saying in Europe, "Never trust a Nigerian". I am a Nigerian myself and unfortunately that's the sad truth.lipsrsealed
al these burundi ppl respect urself!
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by Nobody: 5:45pm On Dec 21, 2013

Where on earth did u get such statistic from?? Have u been going to each home to see which men sleep or dnt sleep with their pregnant wives for u to come up with such a conclusion?? Please just make ur point without coming up with baseless statistics that are completely false. I guess u watch all the millions of married men in 9ja to know this.
Re: Help! Is My Husband Marrying A Second Wife? by safarigirl(f): 5:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
They did court marriage in Nigeria? A country where court marriage favors the man, chai the guy do you strong thing. My dear, it is well. Pack your load and run away, they could do worse things to you

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"My Wife Put Poison In My Meals’’, Retired Naval Officer Tells Court / To Report A Cheating Wife To Her Husband Or Not, What's Your Take? / Which Is The Best Option To Land A Good Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.