Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,669 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:11 PM

Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets (1487 Views)

Fake Travel Agents Exposed*pictures* / Pandemonium At Lagos Airport As Customs, Agents Clash / All Travel Agents- Your Suggestions are needed here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets by lafflaff123(m): 6:09am On Dec 21, 2013
So I have a couple of people Visiting me in the States and its their first time too.

So I tried buying tickets for them online with Lagos as the port of Departure and all kept telling me not possible as the tickets has to be bought in Nigeria. Tried Air france and Delta without success.

So Vicjustice and Justwise I know you guys know the genuine people for tickets here, so can you recommend a good one so I can direct this people to them to purchase their tickets.

Total Tickets to the US I am looking at buying is Six.

If anybody knows or can recommend a good company that deals in ticketing too with the address and phone number in Lagos will be appreciated.
Re: Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets by Vicjustice: 10:35am On Dec 21, 2013
My brother (in Canada) had the same issue trying to book a ticket (online) for our little brother who was to travel from Nigeria, and the booking went well with confirmation itinerary ticket. But several days later, he observed that Airfrance hadn't taken the payment from his account, so I suggested he telephones Airfrance' customer service department where they explained to him that their system is set to NOT accept foreign credit cards that are used to purchase flight tickets with Nigerian Airports as their departure points: so, his booking wasn't really registered even though their was a system confirmation report: there would be no problem if Nigeria is the destination country, not the departure.
Your contacts need to use a Nigerian credit card, some airlines (not sure which) do accept such with all security in place.
Alternatively, they can go to the airline office themseves and purchase the ticket at the counter.
I apologize if it seems I'm ruining the businesses of travel agents, I know that there are some genuine ones out there, but also knowing that there are many crooks striving for jackpots, It is hard to recommend an agent especially when hundreds of thousands of bulks are involved.
Re: Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets by lafflaff123(m): 11:57am On Dec 21, 2013
Thanks for the advice. The folks coming don't have Nigerian card as I am responsible for them, so have to make the payment one way or the other.

Have called a childhood friend who has promised to get me a reliable today. Still don't know why Nigerians are treated this way.

Thanks again.
Re: Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets by Vicjustice: 12:54pm On Dec 21, 2013
lafflaff123: Thanks for the advice. The folks coming don't have Nigerian card as I am responsible for them, so have to make the payment one way or the other.

Have called a childhood friend who has promised to get me a reliable today. Still don't know why Nigerians are treated this way.

Thanks again.

Nigerians are treated this way because of their excellent reputation of transparent honesty and genuineness with foreign credit cards
Re: Genuine Travel Agents For Tickets by Flymore: 2:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
you can send the money to your brother's account to pay for the flight ticket from here. He has told you in reverse, we are not honest with the cards info we provide at the airlines website. Just as we are not sure of your cards info. you can try Etihad airways or Emiraties but be sure to scan your passport and a cover letter for verification. or visit the Airlines office where you reside for the credite card verification. I know Etihad Airways does that.

(1) (Reply)

Hotels Around Olumo / Two Nigerian Women Fight Over $4000 LV Bag On Delta Flight (video) / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.