Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,293 members, 7,807,995 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:50 AM

Should Or Shouldn't Buy - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Should Or Shouldn't Buy (717 Views)

The Automedics Autofest - Lagos 2015. *you Shouldn't Miss This* / Reasons Why You Shouldn't Throw Away That Car Stereo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should Or Shouldn't Buy by kuluTemper: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2013
Hello car enthusiasts,

I am at a cross road. I traditionally love top of the range of any model of a car I choose to drive. The kia optima 2013 comes in two flavours to Nigeria. The 2.0 lt engine which is 1999cc and the 2.4 lt which is 2399cc.

The dilemma now is; it is only the 2.0 that is available and it is 550k, Less than the 2.4. The delivery time for 2.4 is early February and prices my go up astronomically because of new import tariff. All accessories are the same in the car save the blue tooth technology absent in the 2.0 which doesn't bother me.

What will I loose in terms of driving experience /performance if I go for the 2.0 considering that the difference is 400cc

Please give me your 5 cents.
Re: Should Or Shouldn't Buy by kolaaderin: 5:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
My brother, if u wanna buy the car, just make the purchase now, because by February, we might hav a change in price upto 2m. although bigger engine means better driving experience, but U cant really sport much different btw 2.0 and 2.4 engine, its only V6 engine that makes a better experience in driving. dont delay further except u are willing to risk that much price difference by next year.
Re: Should Or Shouldn't Buy by MrAvalon: 8:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
The senate has suspended the tariff tin...due to multiplier effect it wud cause on d price of goods generally. Heard on radio and punch.

kolaaderin: My brother, if u wanna buy the car, just make the purchase now, because by February, we might hav a change in price upto 2m. although bigger engine means better driving experience, but U cant really sport much different btw 2.0 and 2.4 engine, its only V6 engine that makes a better experience in driving. dont delay further except u are willing to risk that much price difference by next year.
Re: Should Or Shouldn't Buy by kolaaderin: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2013
I hope it has been truly suspended.

(1) (Reply)

What Its Like To Learn And Drive A Car In Nigeria Compare To Oversea? / Please Gurus Enlighten On Ways To Revert Back To Recommended Engine Oil / What You Must Do While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.