Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,146,303 members, 7,792,612 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 April 2024 at 07:29 AM

Begging!!! Does The Hausa Culture Support This - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Begging!!! Does The Hausa Culture Support This (964 Views)

Learn How To Speak Hausa Here / What does the word 'Biafra' mean? / Nairaland Official Igbo, Hausa and Yoruba Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Begging!!! Does The Hausa Culture Support This by nafiachi(m): 4:42pm On Dec 21, 2013
As a Northerner working hard to earn a living in this difficult but promising society, it really burns my heart when every begger I see on the street seem to use the Hausa language and annoyingly Islam to ask for alms. These prompted me to ask,
Does Islam permit begging? Which I no is a capital NOOOOOOO!
Is the Hausa Tribe tolerant to those who beg?
Why do we have 99% of the beggers on the streets even in other regions of the country?
Are we Northerners (Muslims esp.) comfortable with these trend?
If no to above, How do we END THIS PLAGUE?

Well, I am not a very good talker or writter, so I go end am here, but e dey pain me die when I see these beggers using my Religion to beg, so guys especially we Northerners let's debate this please.
Re: Begging!!! Does The Hausa Culture Support This by Fulaman198(m): 4:50pm On Dec 21, 2013
nafiachi: As a Northerner working hard to earn a living in this difficult but promising society, it really burns my heart when every begger I see on the street seem to use the Hausa language and annoyingly Islam to ask for alms. These prompted me to ask,
Does Islam permit begging? Which I no is a capital NOOOOOOO!
Is the Hausa Tribe tolerant to those who beg?
Why do we have 99% of the beggers on the streets even in other regions of the country?
Are we Northerners (Muslims esp.) comfortable with these trend?
If no to above, How do we END THIS PLAGUE?

Well, I am not a very good talker or writter, so I go end am here, but e dey pain me die when I see these beggers using my Religion to beg, so guys especially we Northerners let's debate this please.

I'm not Hausa, but no one likes to beg. People only beg when they are truly suffering. The world is a really sad place. Begging is not a Hausa thing. Begging is a worldwide thing that indicates one or more people are suffering. There is not one place in the world where you won't find a beggar.
Re: Begging!!! Does The Hausa Culture Support This by nafiachi(m): 7:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Fulaman198:

I'm not Hausa, but no one likes to beg. People only beg when they are truly suffering. The world is a really sad place. Begging is not a Hausa thing. Begging is a worldwide thing that indicates one or more people are suffering. There is not one place in the world where you won't find a beggar.

Maybe u didn't get the whole gist, I didn't say Hausa's are the only beggers around, or world over, I am referring to what is happening around us in Nigeria today, there are too many beggers from the North, and we need to act and stop pretending, or is it that we don't feel any form of embarrassment when we see these guys, look I swear a thief is better than a begger, even if he uses the Name of God to beg!

(1) (Reply)

Pls Can / Cameroon Gives 235 Nigerian Birth Certificates In Refugee Camp / Why All This Hate Towards The Igbo?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.