Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,948 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Should I Engage Her - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Engage Her (1247 Views)

Can I Engage A Sister Inside The Church? / 10 Weird & Shameful Practices Guys Engage In When In Need Of Girlfriends / 10 Reasons Why Guys Engage In Pre-marital Sex (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Engage Her by ifyonu5: 7:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
I have a girlfriend i have dated for 3 years now she is a student in one of the eastern university and we also stay in the same town so as a result she almost lives in my house although she has her own place but she hardly stays at her house infact she goes to school from my house i lost my job towards the end of last year and since then we have been managing and despite the challenges she has been there for me now i have gotten another better paying job in the NORTH which i am supposed to resume by January and now my girl is feeling that i might forget about her when i leave the east and is also worried about how she would cope alone in the east when i leave by january.I would really love to marry her but due to the fact that i am just starting again it would take me the most of a year to settle down enough to get married despite that, i am thinking of engaging her this xmas at least that would give her some sense of security and prevent her for looking for someone else. is this a good idea or should i postpone the engagement until i am settled? Is one year a long time to engage a lady?
Honest and matured responses please
Re: Should I Engage Her by akom0908(m): 8:00pm On Dec 21, 2013
Will comment when I finish dinner
Re: Should I Engage Her by Nobody: 8:14pm On Dec 21, 2013
The answer is meant for the ladies.
However, even when they give you an answer, it is a personal answer because this situation is personal.
One man's food is another man's poison, I mean to say if a nairalander should say one year isnt long enough, your girlfriend may think it is.
So, since you love and wish to marry her, since shes good enough for you, she loves you. Why dont you try your luck? Engage, just do whatever you wish. Goodluck!
Re: Should I Engage Her by Nobody: 8:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Nice one dear! In my own opinion, I suggest u engage her!
Re: Should I Engage Her by rattlesnake(m): 8:40pm On Dec 21, 2013
ifyonu5: I have a girlfriend i have dated for 3 years now she is a student in one of the eastern university and we also stay in the same town so as a result she almost lives in my house although she has her own place but she hardly stays at her house infact she goes to school from my house i lost my job towards the end of last year and since then we have been managing and despite the challenges she has been there for me now i have gotten another better paying job in the NORTH which i am supposed to resume by January and now my girl is feeling that i might forget about her when i leave the east and is also worried about how she would cope alone in the east when i leave by january.I would really love to marry her but due to the fact that i am just starting again it would take me the most of a year to settle down enough to get married despite that, i am thinking of engaging her this xmas at least that would give her some sense of security and prevent her for looking for someone else. is this a good idea or should i postpone the engagement until i am settled? Is one year a long time to engage a lady?

This guy is a very dirty Guy....after the serial sexual assault on her u now came to NL to ask if to engage her...did u seek our advice when banging her...truth is U ARE TIRED OF HER AND THE POOR GIRL GAVE HERSELF AWAY SO CHEAPLY...please i rather advice the girl

tell her to call me

thankx
Re: Should I Engage Her by Nobody: 8:41pm On Dec 21, 2013
You are rattlesnake indeed grin
Re: Should I Engage Her by Matildachinyere(f): 8:48pm On Dec 21, 2013
@rattlesnake u bad oo grin d guy dey serious to marry Babe, na just settlement issue dey unsettle d guy. If d girl can wait for him to settle Make she wait, if she no fit wait........
Re: Should I Engage Her by Nobody: 9:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Good thinking engage her.
Re: Should I Engage Her by SQURA(f): 9:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
If you think it is right to engage her then do it but know that it doesnt portend a security. She may see another guy and just forget about you. Dont feel engaging her will make her your potential wife. The important thing is to focus on your own life and get settled in all aspects before thinking of marriage.
Re: Should I Engage Her by ifyonu5: 9:09pm On Dec 21, 2013
rattlesnake:

This guy is a very dirty Guy....after the serial sexual assault on her u now came to NL to ask if to engage her...did u seek our advice when banging her...truth is U ARE TIRED OF HER AND THE POOR GIRL GAVE HERSELF AWAY SO CHEAPLY...please i rather advice the girl

tell her to call me

thankx
what have i said that warrants such comment guy i dnt think you are ok upstairs u really need to go check yourself

1 Like

Re: Should I Engage Her by Gabrielsylar(m): 9:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
rattlesnake:

tell her to call me

thankx
hahahahaha never come to NL for advice dude...ask ur mama or papa....instead...
Re: Should I Engage Her by olanre12(m): 9:18pm On Dec 21, 2013
SQURA: If you think it is right to engage her then do it but know that it doesnt portend a security. She may see another guy and just forget about you. Dont feel engaging her will make her your potential wife. The important thing is to focus on your own life and get settled in all aspects before thinking of marriage.
i agree with
Re: Should I Engage Her by Pretyangel25(f): 9:22pm On Dec 21, 2013
Engage her if you truely love her

1 Like

Re: Should I Engage Her by Pretyangel25(f): 9:29pm On Dec 21, 2013
rattlesnake:

tell her to call me

thankx
please go and learn how to talk in public. U dnt need 2 open dat ur dirty mouth nd insult people anyhow. Beef

1 Like

Re: Should I Engage Her by andyanders: 10:16pm On Dec 21, 2013
ifyonu5: I have a girlfriend i have dated for 3 years now she is a student in one of the eastern university and we also stay in the same town so as a result she almost lives in my house although she has her own place but she hardly stays at her house infact she goes to school from my house i lost my job towards the end of last year and since then we have been managing and despite the challenges she has been there for me now i have gotten another better paying job in the NORTH which i am supposed to resume by January and now my girl is feeling that i might forget about her when i leave the east and is also worried about how she would cope alone in the east when i leave by january.I would really love to marry her but due to the fact that i am just starting again it would take me the most of a year to settle down enough to get married despite that, i am thinking of engaging her this xmas at least that would give her some sense of security and prevent her for looking for someone else. is this a good idea or should i postpone the engagement until i am settled? Is one year a long time to engage a lady?

Engage her because a woman who stood by you during your trying period, you should not forget as that is your wife.
With her, you will be blessed and please hold unto the Lord so that you don't start a relationship there. Stick to her because the devil you know is better than the angels our there.
Re: Should I Engage Her by ifyonu5: 12:08am On Dec 22, 2013
SQURA: If you think it is right to engage her then do it but know that it doesnt portend a security. She may see another guy and just forget about you. Dont feel engaging her will make her your potential wife. The important thing is to focus on your own life and get settled in all aspects before thinking of marriage.
the reason why i want to engage her is just to give her a stronger sense of belonging and assurance that iam serious about settling down with her and therefore reduce her fear of loosing me
Re: Should I Engage Her by Ucheosefoh(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2013
@op not only engage her go and do introduction also it will make her feel u are serious and ur family will know and accept her as ur wife to be.
Re: Should I Engage Her by ifyonu5: 8:47am On Dec 22, 2013
is one year a long time to keep a woman engaged ladies in the house would you feel comfortable with being engaged for one year before wedding
Re: Should I Engage Her by Nuzo1(m): 10:57am On Dec 22, 2013
There's a lot to come and go through for a young man who is starting his life afresh far away from his very loved girlfriend.

I will advise you to postpone the engagement till middle of next year to enable you get your life back on track, access your priorities and study your environment.

Just assure her of your love and how you wish to work hard so you guys can be together later.

Anything aside from this may likely call for severe heartbreak in future. Then, you will find out that you have done her more harm than good by proposing to her now.
Re: Should I Engage Her by Chubhie: 5:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
I love love stories that ends in “and they live happily ever after”. My first thought is engage her! But then,you may need some pointers to make a better decision on this matter. From the very first day you met her what was the first impression on your mind?you know now as a correct guy you see ladies and get that inner stratificatioN-this babe just sexy you quickly visualise her naked and in your minds eyes already hitting her. Your motive could be to have a piece of her chow and move on.

Some you get that instant classification of wifey and already imagined her as the mother of your kids and busy visualizing how you both gonna look in old age.

Some you get that feeling of wanting to always be there for them and protect and lookout for them.

From what you wrote down I can deduce that your strongest point for engaging her was cos you felt she still stayed with you when the chips were down. Then let me reward her with marriage. Very wrong intention for marriage if you ask me.

Could it be you are too close to her that you could be blinded from the redflags? Don't you think distance can still test your resolve to be together?

Will you because of wanting to be with her and stay jobless and be managing? Truth is she gonna graduate and still leave you in that town.

To combine success and woman matter same time aint easy bro. Una wan dey do am I hail una. Stay focused,pray for wisdom and stay true to who you are. Women will always come as long as you have success.

(1) (Reply)

Guys Help Me Answer Ooh!! / 10 Reasons Not To Pursue A Man / 8 Powerful Ways To Make Your Relationship A Wonderful One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.