Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,966 members, 7,806,799 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:43 AM

Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? (15513 Views)

See What A Lady Cooked For Her Man ! / Why Is Chicken Strictly Associated With Christmas? Why Not Goats, Goose, Pigs. / Name The Most Common Food In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
oluwaisaac: Neighbours brought rice; I gave rice in return. Too much rice now, don't even know where to turn them. Isn't this semi-madness?

lol
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 25, 2013
I am also asking same question
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Tabs2B(m): 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
Generally everybody likes rice grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 25, 2013
Tracygold: Na cos rice dey rule the world, everywhere u go and as u eat am finish, now u re talking. I just dey quack me own rice wit chicken and salad, afta I will use oo mpa(hero) digest am.
grin grin grin grin grin grin

next thing is election mood. Lol
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
jim jones: water is the common drink drank after every meal - why? undecided

water is good for food digestion. I stand to be corrected.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by lexicography(m): 6:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
are u a learner u no chop rich before mr olodo

dix one na news or wetin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Nobody: 6:07pm On Dec 25, 2013
lexicography: are u a learner u no chop rich before mr olodo

dix one na news or wetin

he is just expressing himself now
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Kayode4un: 6:33pm On Dec 25, 2013
easy to cook eazy to eat then easy to preserve !! #gbam !!!
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Esdb(m): 6:39pm On Dec 25, 2013
cry
alotofgrace: rice....Run In Case of Emergence
cry
alotofgrace: rice....Run In Case of Emergence
You are so funny, I forgot to Laugh
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by IamDejman(m): 6:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
Ask ur mom....she knows better
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Flygeriansteve: 6:44pm On Dec 25, 2013
It's not just christmas. Nigerians adore rice. Sometimes it feels like there's no other food. And it's cheap and easy to prepare.
Large bowl of jollof rice with one piece of chicken sitting like a king on a throne pon it or two pieces of meat hinged like horns on white rice Ali and Simbi style...and ppl are good to go smiley
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by SHAAWA: 6:47pm On Dec 25, 2013
My ''wicked'' neighbour gave me hot pounded yam and vegetable soup very early this
morning, since then i have develop a special attachment to my water
dispenser.
As if that was not enough she accompanied it with jellof rice, coleslaw and
juice. Another one brought yam balls, fried chicken and juice.
Another plate of white rice, stew, salad and juice from another
neighbour.

Help my christian neighbours want to kill me with food. Thank you guys I could not ask for better neighbours.

A chrismas card from my security, thank you Peter (for the love).

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Sunshinelady(f): 6:52pm On Dec 25, 2013
Jensen_elizz: lipsrsealed op imagine ur self dey eat beans and chicken lap for christmas

Lmao, beans & chicken lap

@mr olodo shocked see ur versace singlet
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by redsun(m): 7:17pm On Dec 25, 2013
It is got do with indoctrination,just like Christmas itself. Aswell people not having much recipe choices.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by ignis: 7:25pm On Dec 25, 2013
Vic-jay:
Xmas is a season of visit and giving, and basically almost everybody eat rice. Rice also has some prestige.
Thanks....
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Anniettieufia(m): 7:43pm On Dec 25, 2013
Rice as food
and also a symbol of cooperation .

Consider the number of different seeds of rice in one pot , as they have to cooperate with one another to full the pot.

It is believed that such coperation if practiced by individuals will make the world a better place.

Unfortunately people only consider rice as occasional food.

Reports;
antelope book of food .
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by ketoprofen(m): 8:19pm On Dec 25, 2013
mu2sa2: Even with your low-level comprehension of simple English, you will at least understand that a responsible leader will not resort to importing what can be produced at home..

they are two diff tnz
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by blackprowler: 8:32pm On Dec 25, 2013
Back in the day, rice used to be big man food to be eaten on Sundays and special occasion. Life has changed gan o
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Revolva(m): 8:54pm On Dec 25, 2013
grin rice saves life but GARRI save more life..even more than president jonathan grin grin grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by PrettySpicey(f): 10:05pm On Dec 25, 2013
It simply came 4rm d culture of regarding Rice as white man food. So it became a VIP delicacy. Now evn when its so common, we just can't let d habit go.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by satellitedaisy: 10:24pm On Dec 25, 2013
Mary was cooking rice b4 she entered into labour. InFact the rice burn sef.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by microfone: 10:42pm On Dec 25, 2013
but here in china,its not like that. grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by AkereP(m): 12:34am On Dec 26, 2013
Jaeru: Please is there any law that says Christmas must come with rice because majority of people i know will b saying Christmas rice.
'Why u ask me na'go ask google.if u lov my reply click like'.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by mamagee3(f): 3:14am On Dec 26, 2013
Cause that's the major food for festivities in Nigeria...

The only other option is beans and we all know beans is only a major dish for the poor who can't afford rice and chicken for christmas

1 Like

Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Davo123(m): 4:56am On Dec 26, 2013
wellllll,rice has always been the easier food people just lyk cooking
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by GentleFrank(m): 7:48am On Dec 26, 2013
Good !
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by youngice(m): 10:40am On Dec 26, 2013
mama-gee:
Cause that's the major food for festivities in Nigeria...

The only other option is beans and we all know beans is only a major dish for the poor who can't afford rice and chicken for christmas
actually beans is more expensive than rice.
and most pple don't eat it because of heartburn
and cooking time.
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by bolaji3071(m): 11:18am On Dec 26, 2013
grin
Re: Rice Is The Common Food Cooked For Christmas- Why? by Kabawhat: 11:48am On Dec 26, 2013
@op because rice ix very prestigeous n blessed, it rear in every occassion dat u dont find d use of rice plx ......note not only christmax .....abi u don see where dem share tea as christmax food 4 christmax ni?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Johnvents Pure Cocoa Powder - Nigerians Deserve To Enjoy The Nourishing Goodness / Thread For Guys Who Can Cook / Lawyer, Monday Ubani Threatens Lawsuit Over Ponmo Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.