Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,331 members, 7,808,120 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again (21274 Views)

Mass Defection Hits PDP In Ondo.. / Sheriff’s Chairmanship: PDP Faces Mass Defection / Mass Defection From APC To PDP In Edo State ahead of 2016 elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by LocalChamp: 4:30am On Dec 22, 2013
Mass defection to hit PDP again

December 22, 2013 by John Ameh, Success Nwogu and Leke Baiyewu

Barring any last-minute change in the unfolding schemes on the political scene, there is imminent mass defection of Peoples Democratic Party lawmakers in the House of Representatives to the opposition All Progressives Congress, SUNDAY PUNCH has learnt.

Intensive discussions are ongoing between members of the APC and members of the PDP in the House, it was learnt on Friday.

The effort by the opposition party to win over PDP lawmakers is in pursuit of APC’s determination to increase its numerical strength in the legislative chamber to 212.

The feat, if achieved, will put the party in a position to take over the leadership of the House.

Findings by SUNDAY PUNCH showed that about 40 more PDP lawmakers are considering the APC.

With the defection of 37 members of the ruling party to the APC last week, the opposition party currently has 172 members in the House, while the PDP has 171.

The forty lawmakers expected to join the APC in January include five members of the PDP from Adamawa State.

Adamawa State Governor, Mr. Murtala Nyako, was one of the five former PDP governors, who defected to the APC last month.

Curiously, PDP lawmakers from the state did not defect to the APC on Tuesday, when the 37 from Sokoto, Kano, Rivers and Bauchi states moved to the APC on the floor of the House.

“The reason they did not move on Tuesday was part of the strategy of the APC. If they had moved with their colleagues, the number would have been 42, instead of 37. Such a large number moving at the same time could have caused tension on the floor.

“It was part of the strategy that the defection should be done gradually. For the case of Adamawa, it is a done deal; they will move”, a source confided in SUNDAY PUNCH on Friday.

In addition to the five lawmakers from Adamawa State, it was gathered that 35 others from states whose governors did not move to the APC, were on standby.

“These members are with the PDP on the floor, but their hearts are with the APC”, the source who pleaded anonymity added.

One of our correspondents gathered that the major reason for the planned defection was to enable the lawmakers actualise their 2015 ambitions.

When contacted, the Minority Leader, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, confirmed the findings, saying , “More members are billed to join us in January.”

Although, he declined to mention any figure, he stated that there was “no longer any doubt that things will not remain the same by the end of January.”

Five aggrieved PDP governors of the rebellious G-7, had on November 26, 2013, announced their decision to merge with the APC.

The five governors were Muritala Nyako (Adamawa), Rabiu Kwakwanso (Kano), Abdulfatah Ahmed (Kwara), Rotimi Amaechi (Rivers) and Aliyu Wamakko (Sokoto).

The governors, at the meeting they had with the leadership of the APC in Abuja, said their decision was aimed at rescuing the country.

http://www.punchng.com/news/mass-defection-to-hit-pdp-again/
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by RoyalRoy(m): 4:47am On Dec 22, 2013
I see impeachment plot getting thick in 2014 against GEJ.

The year to watch out for is actually 2014 as that will be when all the fireworks will go up.

5 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by engrfcuksmtin(m): 5:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Seriously the so called technocrats and half baked politicians that made up the presidency will ruin GEJ. Nigerian House of Representative is a prototype of Nigerian society so if he is losing it there am afraid

10 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by isi4(m): 6:01am On Dec 22, 2013
Decamping from PDP to APC is the same as changing NEPA to PHCN.

70 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by vanhelsing2099(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2013
I love Government... Vewi intwesting

POLITRICKINg @it peak

I trust mhi in dis situation

::hw gej fumbled= unification of all d tribe should hv bn is theme

2)Dat january 1 fuel subsidy, men dat fcvking killed his second term ambition

3)Corruption and co.. He is not ruthless as obj

4)Strike ,strike,strike

5) Can still win= no favourite in politrick until d result

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Brimmie(m): 6:08am On Dec 22, 2013
isi4: Decamping from PDP to APC is the same as changing NEPA to PHCN.
Sharap.. Go back to Romance section!

See where Abati, Tukur, Asari et al. carry GEJ reach! sad

Impeachment on speed dial! 2014!!

17 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Goddex: 6:12am On Dec 22, 2013
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by MsRola: 6:14am On Dec 22, 2013
The game plan is now changing!!!!!
Season 2 will be so so much interesting,
Please my bro n sis seat bck n relax.
Ensure you grab d pop corn
wink grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Kewt: 6:58am On Dec 22, 2013
A good political strategist should have seen all these coming. Neither GEJ nor his advisers ever thought it could get this bad. SMH for GEJ

5 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Femolacaster(m): 6:58am On Dec 22, 2013
I see Pdp turning to regional party in 2014 and many years to come!

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 7:17am On Dec 22, 2013
According to NL e-rodents and roaches....PDP dey kampe.

Baba Suwe ni awon boys NL PDP yi sha!! grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 7:22am On Dec 22, 2013
Kewt: A good political strategist should have seen all these coming. Neither GEJ nor his advisers ever thought it could get this bad. SMH for GEJ

Indeed....GEJ and his advisers are naïveté personified.

Even a novice in politics would have seen this coming....the day those governors developed the temerity to walk out on GEJ at the mini convention signaled and mark the watershed of beginning of trouble.

But a wise President and his advisers would have known that brute power...brawn and raw presidential power is meaningless without tactical use.

They are only reacting to events and not pro active.

It's apparent that he has VERY BAD ADVISERS as aides...

32 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by omenka(m): 7:26am On Dec 22, 2013
Why am I feeling so lucky cheesycheesy

1 Like

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Femolacaster(m): 7:29am On Dec 22, 2013
Kewt: A good political strategist should have seen all these coming. Neither GEJ nor his advisers ever thought it could get this bad. SMH for GEJ
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Vincent ogbulafor, Evans bipi, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....

37 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....

You've never hear of the famous Akpu logic ? grin

15 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by c0llynz02: 7:58am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

You've never hear of the famous Akpu logic ? grin
I have heard of Amala grammar.

18 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:04am On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: I have heard of Amala grammar.

Good for you! grin grin

Maybe your thinking won't be warped as your fellow Akpu eaters.. cheesy

7 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by c0llynz02: 8:13am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Good for you! grin grin

Maybe your thinking won't be warped as your fellow Akpu eaters.. cheesy
My grammar is not as dodgy as that of Amala and red oil munchers.

17 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:14am On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02: My grammar is not as dodgy as that of Amala and red oil munchers.

Says an Akpu logician grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by JulianBond007: 8:15am On Dec 22, 2013
I am loving this drama.... cool cool
Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by c0llynz02: 8:19am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Says an Akpu logician grin grin grin
Heard by an Amala grammarian.

15 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:22am On Dec 22, 2013
c0llynz02:
Heard by an Amala grammarian.

Oya...that is enough distraction for the day...face the topic.

Ihedioha and Enwerenmadu jobs are up for grabs ..whatcha say? grin

5 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by c0llynz02: 8:29am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Oya...that is enough distraction for the day...face the topic.

Ihedioha and Enwerenmadu jobs are up for grabs ..whatcha say? grin
I say wake up from your filthy dream!

12 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by jamace(m): 8:29am On Dec 22, 2013
ilugunboy:

Indeed....GEJ and his advisers are naïveté personified.

Even a novice in politics would have seen this coming....the day those governors developed the temerity to walk out GEJ at the mini convention signaled and mark the watershed of beginning of trouble.

But a wise President and his advisers would have known that brute power...brawn and raw presidential power is meaningless without tactical use.

They are only reacting to events and not pro active.

It's apparent that he has VERY BAD ADVISERS as aides...

I am sad that people like you with all your fine grammar still fancy politicians who have no interest of the masses at heart. No wonder professors are bowing to semi-illiterates for crumbs from the table. Why should you be happy with criminals who brought us to this pitiable condition forming another mega party that will finally nail the coffin of Nigeria?. What do you think those in APC have to offer that we have not seen/known?

At this stage, I wish to advise you and other Nigerians who believe in party and not performance to think twice. Nigeria is looking for a leader, not a party.

27 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by vedaxcool(m): 8:31am On Dec 22, 2013
Well while I prefer the opposition starting on a clean sheet, Jonathan prove to be poorly versed in critical thinking how does a president retain a party chairman with limited electoral value and loose govs who have wider value in election , clearly one whom the gods wants to punish they make mad.

10 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by sonyjacobs(m): 8:33am On Dec 22, 2013
Political prostitute grin

3 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by ba7man(m): 8:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Femolacaster:
They actually saw it coming, they only want those corrupt reps, senators, Governors (as stated by Gej adherents) to defect. U will see after Gej has completely sanitized Pdp, Pdp will now be a party of new bloods/technocrats: like Bode george, Tony anenih, Ibrahim mantu, Farouk lawan, Stella oduah, Adebayo akala, Alameisigha, Dimeji bankole, Theodor orji, Mohamed abacha et al.....
You forgot to add Evans Bipi and Nyesome Wike.

Some of the best new blood technocrats to emerge in recent times.

9 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:48am On Dec 22, 2013
ba7man: You forgot to add Evans Bipi and Nyesome Wike.

Some of the best new blood technocrats to emerge in recent times.

Add Al Mustspha into the mix... grin

The technocrats are populating PDP...while the looters and devils are leaving..

SMH

9 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:51am On Dec 22, 2013
Tony Nwoye became the PDP candidate in the Anambra election few days to the election and despite being relatively unknown, he still came second in that election. Many people were shocked at how that happened.

So mass defection or no mass defection, the scores will settled at the 2015 general elections. As some people are leaving the PDP, others will join the party. All these development will only make the election more competitive and expensive at the detriment of governance.

8 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 22, 2013
vedaxcool: Well while I prefer the opposition starting on a clean sheet, Jonathan prove to be poorly versed in critical thinking how does a president retain a party chairman with limited electoral value and loose govs who have wider value in election , clearly one whom the gods wants to punish they make mad.

A politically savvy President would have done everything in his powers to have Rotimi Ameachi ( the most vociferous supporter of the President prior to the debacle) in his camp. I lost all political respect for him the day he allowed the wife to embarrass the governor.

He made it worse by his failure to manage his crisis with OBJ properly and allowing the hawks...political hanger on and opportunists in the Presidency to throw cheap punch at the old fox.

16 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Political re-alignment is becoming a perennial phenomena in Nigeria, especially when Politicians are jobless and career-less, politics is their source air, water and food. Without re-alignments, they could become armed robbers.

Look at today's politicians apart from the President and few others. Did they actually have a real career apart from the military-backgrounded mafioso parading themselves as democrats ?

While the masses are suffering, the politicians who called themselves progressives, and now dining with the ones they called "corrupt". It is sad for anyone to still believe a wolf can become a sheep, but I know these are all wolves in sheep's clothing.

I stand for GEJ and what remains of the rejuvenated, reinvigorated, renewed and pollutant-free PDP.

So help me Cosmic & Infinite Oneness.

20 Likes

Re: Mass Defection To Hit PDP Again by duni04(m): 9:00am On Dec 22, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: Tony Nwoye became the PDP candidate in the Anambra election few days to the election and despite being relatively unknown, he still came second in that election. Many people were shocked at how that happened.

So mass defection or no mass defection, the scores will settled at the 2015 general elections. As some people are leaving the PDP, others will join the party. All these development will only make the election more competitive and expensive at the detriment of governance.
Rigging alert

16 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Dino Melaye Challenges Jonathan & Buhari To Liver Test As Tweeters React / Dokpesi, Senator Bala Mohammed, Other Drag Buhari To Court / Tribunal Sacks Ondo South PDP Rep Member, Declares Albert Akintoye Of APC Winner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.