Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,894 members, 7,802,877 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:50 AM

Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (15628 Views)

NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs / JOHESU Declares 5-day Warning Strike From Jan 15 / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Jummymine(f): 8:19pm On Dec 22, 2013
if i were the government, I would simlly privatize the health system. It is the only, i repeat, the only way to cure the malady in nigerias health system. it has been done withnNepa, let it be done with all the health workers, doctlrs, nurses and all. I know the part of the health workers that will kick against that, because of privileges they get in nigerias health sector that their colleagues do not get in any other , i repeat, any other country in the world.
The closest to that is to bring another country's health system, like the uk, the us, austria, south africa-any good proper country- and impose it on the heath workers, all of them. The said health system should be copied wholesale, so that nobody gets away with bribing senators, reps and judges to get crazy laws passed and mad, unheard of privileges granted.
Which of the health workers will be comfortable with these common sense final solutions.
i know those who are taking advantage of the government unseriousness and the general sloppines in the civil service will kick against it.
This is what will cure the madness in the health sector.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by texazzpete(m): 8:22pm On Dec 22, 2013
Cynthia_29: NMA should make their reason for the strike known to the masses.This is selfishness @ its peak,why not fight for the common goal of nigerians than our individual gains. And some people will come out and criticize politicians when they are all the same.The health sector is turning to a joke.....*smh* Doctors please let's mind our own business. If another health personnel wants to contest for Chief medical director,let him be.The best person for the post should win.the post is an administrative one and it doesn't demote the role of doctors in the health team.

It can be argued that fighting for individual gain is for the best for Nigerians too. I want all the doctors treating me to be well fed, well rested and cheerful all the time. I will always support Medical doctors when they fight for improved conditions of service.

5 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
israel007: [size=18pt]I hope native doctors won't do the same[/size]
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:34pm On Dec 22, 2013
Deblow: Some pple can be parochial and self - centered in their reasoning. Every association recognised by law reserves the right to agitate for the best on behalf of its members and each association is independent of the others. The NMA can not be an exception in this case. The Pharmacists and other paramedical associations are always antagonistic of the doctors out of petty jealousy and sheer inferiority complexes. NMA cares not whenever they confront the government with their own agitation but each time the NMA sneezes, they get jittery. Why don't we address issues other than personalities for once!
first of all u dont know the meaning of paramedic, please consult your dictionary. 2ndly, you are intellectually blind enough not to get the drift of the matter. JOHESU is not and can never get jittery cos of myopic NMA, d strike s only a warning to the federal govt not to give in to the demands of the NMA by going contrary to the judgement made by the National Industrial Court NIC. So please i suggest u go back to school, read and understand things b4 u come to a public platform and disgrace urself, again.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
heykims: Maybe we sud reason ds out.
Why wud all health workers exempting d medical doctors form a union, JOHESU despite d fact dt they all have their individual associations/unions?
What is d motive behind d formation of d union if not to tackle d exempted party, conspiracy??
No shaking NMA......
ignorance is a disease. Doctors pulled out from JOHESU cos of their constant fear of the unknown.

3 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Tobbie9(m): 8:37pm On Dec 22, 2013
let d government privatise the health sector sef, both nma and pcn will go and rest
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by JustHector(m): 8:38pm On Dec 22, 2013
U can rave and rant about NMA and their strike all u want,especially if it makes u hard enof to bleep ur wife at night...It doesn't change a thing. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2013
hamedade2000: It's not a matter of monopoly. it's only in a confused country lyk ours dah nurses n lab technicians wld be fighting to become d CMD of hospitals. You myt not av travelled out buh am sure u'll av seen foreign medical movies. av u ever come across 1 in which such has happened. SMH for Nigeria sha....Everything z jez upside down.
Am sure the only time u left ur village was to go to the university. How ignorant can u be?? Please ask questions b4 u say what u dont know. Make researches and then u can answer ur own question

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Ryda(m): 8:41pm On Dec 22, 2013
after ASUU who is the next in line to strike

doctors sad
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Jummymine(f): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2013
miriamP:
ignorance is a disease. Doctors pulled out from JOHESU cos of their constant fear of the unknown.
i dont know whether to laugh or cry at your fallacy. doctors pulled out of johesu?! stop lying and pulling the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting public. the reason why all of them have to join together againstbthe doctors is that if they go on strike individually, nobody will feel it. shows indeed how important they are for the system!
i dare the pharmacists to go on strike alone, and see if the hospital will stop functioning. same for the physiotherapists and even the labs. in my hospital, all of them have gone on strike individually for months, and the hospital was still running!
thats why they have to team up and gang up against the doctors, asking to be paid as thety are paid and given equal status, as if their jobs are the same. its all part of the nigerian mentally, most people are not actually proud of their jobs, nor satisfied with it. i dare say that many of these lab guys, physios and nurses actually wanted to study medicine, but couldnt for one reason or the other.
i wonr why the beef now?
as i earlier said, privatize, and everybody will know their real level in a private setting.

8 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2013
The real reason for doctors strike culled from Premium Times
Doctors Strike: Health Minister accuses NMA of ‘politics of selfishness’ Tobore Ovuorie-2 days ago
News
Dialogue is ongoing to end doctors’ nationwide strike
The nationwide strike by doctors in public hospitals is expected to end soon following an interim agreement reached between the doctors’ association, NMA, and the Health Ministry, PREMIUM TIMES has learnt. The Health Minister, however, described the doctors as playing ‘politics of selfishness’ with the strike.
The NMA asked its members to commence a nationwide strike from Wednesday after earlier ultimatums it gave to the federal government to meet its demands were not met.
In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, the Chairman of the Lagos State Chapter of the NMA, Francis Faduyile, confirmed the commencement of the strike. He said the strike would be temporarily halted during the Yuletide, while emergency departments of hospitals would be open to attend to patients.
“For the sake of patients, hospitals will be open during the yuletide (December 23rd, 2013 until January 5th, 2014) but the strike will continue by January 6th, 2014 if the FG does nothing about the situation,” Mr. Faduyile said.
While reacting to the strike, Dan Nwomeh, the spokesperson to Health Minister Onyebuchi Chukwu, accused the doctors of playing “politics of selfishness” with the strike.
In an interview with PREMIUM TIMES on Wednesday, Mr. Nwomeh said the health ministry and the NMA have been meeting since Monday.
“There was a meeting which started by 3 p.m. on Monday December 16th and lasted until Tuesday 4 a.m. The Minister of Health, Minister of Labour, Office of the Head of Service, National Salaries and Wages Commission, Chairman House Committee on Health and the NMA were all present at the meeting,” he said.
“Another MOU was signed Tuesday morning by 4am but the NMA said it cannot call of the strike for it has to reach her members first. They should be holding their meeting by tomorrow Thursday so I learnt. This strike is unwarranted and with selfish objectives.
“The main reason for this strike is politics of selfishness and rivalry with non-medical doctors over the latter winning a court case that allows her members to skip some steps in the service.
“We have appealed and the case is still in the Court of Appeal and have told the doctors to be patient to await the outcome of the case but they would not listen,” Mr. Nwomeh stated.
The rivalry the minister’s aide referenced was also mentioned by the spokesperson of the Lagos NMA, Peter Ogunbiyi, when he listed the seven causes of the strike.
“Government has allowed certain policies in the running of health care system which if not checked will lead to total collapse and paralysis of the system. Some of these include,” Mr. Ogunbiyi said. “Selective skipping of paramedics from level 10 to 12 to the detriment of doctors as such skipping should have been made to be across board.”
The President of the NMA, Osahon Enabulele, also confirmed that meetings were held with the government team.
“Yes, they (the government) gave some promisory notes similar to earlier MOU stating that they will sort out the issues before January 6,” Mr. Enabulele said. “We told them we will present the MOU to our members and make our position public. Until the members make their position known, the withdrawal of services remains.”
The doctors’ leader said his members were still consulting on the day to hold their meeting to decide on the government’s offer.
Source: Premium Times.
Now tell me pls, who s being jittery here?
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by obeski13(m): 8:49pm On Dec 22, 2013
When ASUU went on strike,only few people could see beyond d strike enough and condemn d strike becos it is self serving.i am not surprised dat NMA is coming up wit their own.dis is becos they know majority of d populace are gullible..most nigerians are quick to blame govt at every opportunity.how many people care to know d demand of dis unions..it took d very harsh stand of late Margaret Thatcher on labour unions in Uk before UK economy could be free frm incessant strike.if we dont want our economy to collapse,i urge govt to deal ruthlessly wit dis greedy, selfish and wicked unions who do not care abt d economy.d problem is not with dis govt, but wit greedy workers who dont care abt people coming behind

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jummy mine: if i were the government, I would simlly privatize the health system. It is the only, i repeat, the only way to cure the malady in nigerias health system. it has been done withnNepa, let it be done with all the health workers, doctlrs, nurses and all. I know the part of the health workers that will kick against that, because of privileges they get in nigerias health sector that their colleagues do not get in any other , i repeat, any other country in the world.
The closest to that is to bring another country's health system, like the uk, the us, austria, south africa-any good proper country- and impose it on the heath workers, all of them. The said health system should be copied wholesale, so that nobody gets away with bribing senators, reps and judges to get crazy laws passed and mad, unheard of privileges granted.
Which of the health workers will be comfortable with these common sense final solutions.
i know those who are taking advantage of the government unseriousness and the general sloppines in the civil service will kick against it.

i think we should copy austria or malaysia and impose it on all hospital staff. anybody that is not interested should look at another career.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by ashhascash: 8:51pm On Dec 22, 2013
Pls wats d average salary of a resident doctor nd dat of a pharmacists.
Urgent reply needed
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
obeski13: When ASUU went on strike,only few people could see beyond d strike enough and condemn d strike becos it is self serving.i am not surprised dat NMA is coming up wit their own.dis is becos they know majority of d populace are gullible..most nigerians are quick to blame govt at every opportunity.how many people care to know d demand of dis unions..it took d very harsh stand of late Margaret Thatcher on labour unions in Uk before UK economy could be free frm incessant strike.if we dont want our economy to collapse,i urge govt to deal ruthlessly wit dis greedy, selfish and wicked unions who do not care abt d economy.d problem is not with dis govt, but wit greedy workers who dont care abt people coming behind

Sadly, if NMA's demand was solely funding and stuff, we'd gladly support them. They're simply pained about one CONHESS salary scale which I think seems to favour pharmacists and JOHESU. I hope someone would come and break it down for us cos I don't seem to understand.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2013
obeski13: When ASUU went on strike,only few people could see beyond d strike enough and condemn d strike becos it is self serving.i am not surprised dat NMA is coming up wit their own.dis is becos they know majority of d populace are gullible..most nigerians are quick to blame govt at every opportunity.how many people care to know d demand of dis unions..it took d very harsh stand of late Margaret Thatcher on labour unions in Uk before UK economy could be free frm incessant strike.if we dont want our economy to collapse,i urge govt to deal ruthlessly wit dis greedy, selfish and wicked unions who do not care abt d economy.d problem is not with dis govt, but wit greedy workers who dont care abt people coming behind

Sadly, if NMA's demand was solely funding and stuff, we'd gladly support them. They're simply pained about one CONHESS salary scale which I think seems to favour pharmacists and JOHESU. I hope someone would come and break it down for us cos I don't seem to understand..

kk
“Selective skipping of paramedics
from level 10 to 12 to the detriment of doctors
as such skipping should have been made to be
across board.”

How is the skipping detrimental to doctors

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by docsholz(m): 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
I know we nigerians like copying foreign countries in everything we do, pls oga jona should copy the US abeg, but i'd rather d doctors fight for things like making healthcare insurance compulsory so there can be more funds for equipping our hospitals
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 9:02pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jummy mine:
i dont know whether to laugh or cry at your fallacy. doctors pulled out of johesu?! stop lying and pulling the wool over the eyes of the unsuspecting public. the reason why all of them have to join together againstbthe doctors is that if they go on strike individually, nobody will feel it. shows indeed how important they are for the system!
i dare the pharmacists to go on strike alone, and see if the hospital will stop functioning. same for the physiotherapists and even the labs. in my hospital, all of them have gone on strike individually for months, and the hospital was still running!
thats why they have to team up and gang up against the doctors, asking to be paid as thety are paid and given equal status, as if their jobs are the same. its all part of the nigerian mentally, most people are not actually proud of their jobs, nor satisfied with it. i dare say that many of these lab guys, physios and nurses actually wanted to study medicine, but couldnt for one reason or the other.
i wonr why the beef now?
as i earlier said, privatize, and everybody will know their real level in a private setting.

In my hospital even with ur meaningless strike we are functioning well and fine. Our in patients receive all d cares they need they dont even miss the doctors. Most of them are just waiting for their wounds to heal fine so dey can go home, they are even happy they were discharged cos all d docs do is come and write a full sheet of prescription and disappear till God knows when. Meanwhile hospital bills accumulate for no reason. Go to the patients they constantly lament just how incompetent doctors are. Ma friend u are not missed ok and u can as well continue d strike till next year december.

4 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by maschivok: 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2013
NMA STRIKE ,THE HEALTH SECTOR AND THE NIGERIAN STATE!
Since the 19th of December all Medical Doctors in Nigeria under Nigeria Medical Association have down tools for no cogent reason. They have refused to attend to the patients they took oath to care for. NMA had hidden under the guise that they went on strike as a result of total decay of infrastructure in the hospital, all in a bid to misinform the general public. The big question is Why is NMA on strike when they are under obligation to serve and care for the patients?
In a latter dated 20th November ,2013 addressed to the Honourable Minister of Health Captioned 'Re-Circular on Skipping of Conhess 10 and Presidential Committee Report' with reference number NMA/PRE/SG/011/0688 signed by Dr Osahon Enabulele and his secretary which was copied to the Nigerian National Assembly,Secretary to Federal Government,Head of Service of the Federation and many others, NMA as a body had threatened the Minister that if they implement the circular from the Head of Service, that the Court order in favour of Joint Health Sector Union(JOHESU),made up of all Unions of Health worker outside doctors, as it affects the issue of skipping should be effected and that the earlier circular from the head of Service is a nullity saying no skipping. In the said letter NMA had also agitated that Doctors who are consultants should start on COMESS 3 which is a Super Director cadre. They gave an ultimatum to expire on the 14th of december 2013. She went on to tell her members to down tool, any where the Judgment in favour of JOHESU is implemented. On the 19th of December 2013 NMA started a nationwide strike. Now what is Skipping?Is the accusation by NMA tenable in the Light of truth?NMA went further to say that JOHESU members are more favoured in the health sector to their detriment,is this true?In line with the Nigerian Scheme of Service for one to be eligible for appointment you must have requisite qualification as exemplified in the Scheme of Service. The Scheme of service for all JOHESU Members provide that after level 10 you move to level 12 there is no level 11.It should be noted that Under General Olusegun Obasanjo the Federal Govenment had placed all Nigerian Worker under one salary structure but Medical Doctors said no way and agitated for COMESS structure for themselves. Under the late President Musa Yaradua, they had their way after negotiating with the Government, they through the principle of collective bargaining accepted COMESS Structure. Members of JOHESU also negotiated and got CONHESS structure for them -selves. Latter NMA in her usual bid started the PULL HIM DOWN (PHD)campaign of calumny against JOHESU and her members. They accused JOHESU and her members of SKIPPING when in the actual sense there was nothing like that. NMA in a bid to strangulate the health sector threatened all Chief executives of Government Hospitals, this made them in their Committee of C.M.D and MD to take a decision on the matter. Government was coerced to bring out a circular stopping,JOHESU members from Moving from level 10 to level 12 as stipulated in the Scheme of Service.
JOHESU challenged the action of the Government in Court and the Court ruled in favour of JOHESU that the circular stopping JOHESU members from moving from level 10 to level 12 is a nullity and issues of collective bargaining is a right and not a privilege. Since the judgment, NMA and her members have been threatening sulphur and brimstone. In fact Some members of NMA under Medical and Dental Consultants of Nigeria have gone to court challenging the Court Judgment that they were not part ab nitio. They are accusing the Court/Government that they were not consulted before such salary was approved For JOHESU members. NMA and her members have forgotten that one denominator common to her and JOHESU members is that they all are employees of the Government that all have the power of collective bargaining.
It should be noted that before 1985 Pharmacist,Doctors and Medical Laboratory Scientist etc were on the same grade level with different steps. Today an Intern Doctor who is a house officers starts on level 10, note after his Youth service he starts on level 12. A baby Physician starts on level 12 as full time employment. If he is able to acquire the postgraduate diploma of any Post Graduate College within the next 3- 5 years he moves to level 15.Note that all these while he is on full pay by the Government. What it means is that within the next 5-10 years that a doctor starts work if he has a postgraduate diploma in Medicine he can get to the zenith of his carrier within that short time. Within the next few years at least five years after, he can even become an MD. While it will take other health workers from the time he starts work to become a principal, 6-9 years to become a level 12 officer. It will take him at least 24 years to get to the Zenth of his carrier. If you adopt NMA prayer for JOHESU members it will take you about 27 years to get to the zenth of your carrier. What this means is that for any JOHESU member who has put in at least 10-15 years in service. A baby Doctor who starts work today in the next few years will overtake him despite his years of service. The big question is who is then disadvantaged in the health sector.?
From the foregoing Certain questions arise, Is JOHESU members really skipping? The truth of the matter is that the use of the word skipping is a misnomer the movement from 10-12 is not skipping because that is what is provided in the scheme of service. Skipping is when you move from 8-10 without passing through 9 that is provided for in the Scheme. Doctors move from 10-12 why have they not called that skipping?It is not called skipping because that is what is provided for in their scheme of Service. So is the movement of JOHESU members from 10-12.
The action of NMA and her members to down tools because of Court Judgment in favour of JOHESU shows how lawless NMA can be. It shows that they are not interested in promoting Government Goals and interest of the Patient which they swore an oath to protect. The action of NMA is in contempt against NIC judgment. This is blackmail against the Nigerian state. Again NMA cannot resort to self help on a matter that her members have already instituted a court case on. In the words of Niki Tobi JCA (as he then was) 'When a party has put himself under the umbrella of a Court of Competent Jurisdiction even if it takes time to hear the case or to decide the matter,the parties involved cannot resort to self help,they must not jump the gun,they must wait until the case is decided' As such the action of NMA and her members is ultra vires.
Furthermore,in line with the trade unions Act any union that is not registered as a trade union is illegal. NMA is not a registered trade union as such it is illegal for them to have gone on strike. It is gross misconduct for them to have abandoned their duty post. The erudite Journalist Fejiro Oliver,was absolutely right when he tagged his article -'NMA JEALOUCY STRIKE', this strike was uncalled for. The Health Ministry/Minister must be firm to tell NMA that their actions are illegal and that it is a violation of the Public Service Rule. NMA should be told the truth that their action is brazen lawless against the Nigerian State and the Nigerian People,because their action is a violation of labour laws. Nigerian masses must say no this unfortunate action. NMA is turning the health sector towards the line of destruction. All Nigerian masses must rise to this injustice against the state. Allopathic medical Imperialism must be defeated .Dr Osahaon Enabulele must be called to order and the Nigerian Government must be firm to stop this impunity against the state. The action of NMA is highly prejudicial which is a violation of the code of conduct for public officer as stipulated in the 1999 constitution as amended. The Nigerian Government must act now before this hydra - headed monster of impunity against the state goes of hand. NMA should stop being an enemy of progress. We must join hands with the likes of the Comrade Governor his excellency
Comrade Adams Oshiomole the Executive Governor of Edo State to condemn NMA for their unethical action against the state.

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by docsholz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jummy mine: if i were the government, I would simlly privatize the health system. It is the only, i repeat, the only way to cure the malady in nigerias health system. it has been done withnNepa, let it be done with all the health workers, doctlrs, nurses and all. I know the part of the health workers that will kick against that, because of privileges they get in nigerias health sector that their colleagues do not get in any other , i repeat, any other country in the world.
privatise ke u wan kill johesu be that grin

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by donwilz(m): 9:08pm On Dec 22, 2013
pembisco:
bro. Sm doctors u see overseas bein referd as CMDs myt be doctors of laboratory medicine or doctors of phamacology. A PHD holda of pharmacy, mls, rad or nursing is olso a dr u knw nd they head hospitals abroad
Ignorance of the highest order. Just because you have the privilage to use the internet, does not give you the temerity to write nonsense. CMDs' are always doctors(physicians) in advanced countries. A hospital administrator is a different thing all together. I don't get why the health professionals in Nigeria can't simply be symbiotic! They always need each other... But it doesn't take away the fact that the medical doctor should and must lead the medical team.

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Jummymine(f): 9:15pm On Dec 22, 2013
to the person who said the hospital was running without the doctors, i could laugh my head off.
if you were a nurse, based on whose direction were you giving the care? who prescribed the drugs you were administering? only the blind would not see through your lies. if you were a phajrmacist, were you the one that discharged the patients?
while no doctor deprecates the role of the allied health workers, they certainly are, due to the chaos reighning in the country, messing up the system. of course, as we all know, about all of hem arue pretend doctors outside the hospital.
as i repeat again, privatize the health system, and everybody will be put in their appropriate level. unfortunately, these allied heath workers dho have the most to lose to privatization, are hell bent on hastening it. may the government soon give the hospitals the phcn treatment!
Is there any allied health professional in tie house to say a loud ameen?

4 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2013
donwilz: Ignorance of the highest order. Just because you have the privilage to use the internet, does not give you the temerity to write nonsense. CMDs' are always doctors(physicians) in advanced countries. A hospital administrator is a different thing all together. I don't get why the health professionals in Nigeria can't simply be symbiotic! They always need each other... But it doesn't take away the fact that the medical doctor should and must lead the medical team.
u talk like a product of premature ejaculation. Grow up for once

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by akeemstunna(m): 9:18pm On Dec 22, 2013
ASUU has shown the right way for all workers o... Hold on to strike till u get wat u want
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Kelyto: 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
donwilz: Ignorance of the highest order. Just because you have the privilage to use the internet, does not give you the temerity to write nonsense. CMDs' are always doctors(physicians) in advanced countries. A hospital administrator is a different thing all together. I don't get why the health professionals in Nigeria can't simply be symbiotic! They always need each other... But it doesn't take away the fact that the medical doctor should and must lead the medical team.
this guy is just talking rubbish... Abeg look for the nearest transformer and hang yourself.... Next person to comment please

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
God bless u for that piece. Mahn!!! Now I understand the conhess and conmess gist. Buh I want to know how the supposed 'skipping' affects the doctors.

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by donwilz(m): 9:23pm On Dec 22, 2013
miriamP:
u talk like a product of premature ejaculation. Grow up for once
If you cannot be intelligent enough to counter my points, then I'm disappointed. You can insult me all you want, it doesn't make you less thick than you already are. Insult me, but try hard to prove you are not a dunce grin Apologies cheesy cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 9:25pm On Dec 22, 2013
Jummy mine: to the person who said the hospital was running without the doctors, i could laugh my head off.
if you were a nurse, based on whose direction were you giving the care? who prescribed the drugs you were administering? only the blind would not see through your lies. if you were a phajrmacist, were you the one that discharged the patients?
while no doctor deprecates the role of the allied health workers, they certainly are, due to the chaos reighning in the country, messing up the system. of course, as we all know, about all of hem arue pretend doctors outside the hospital.
as i repeat again, privatize the health system, and everybody will be put in their appropriate level. unfortunately, these allied heath workers dho have the most to lose to privatization, are hell bent on hastening it. may the government soon give the hospitals the phcn treatment!
Is there any allied health professional in tie house to say a loud ameen?
dullard. Its only in govt hospitals drs are relevant and d reason? Protocols. We are treating the patients based on our own directives as docs are nower to be found and guess what? Dey are doing fine. Go to private hospitals, a nurse can man a hospital without the doc, she can handle any emergency, send for tests , prescribe drugs, treat and discharge ! The doc only makes occassional appearances. Ur relevance in govt hospitals is just out of due process so please wake up from ur slumber, u guys re just ignorant douche bags and ur proud heads are just atomic bombs waiting to xplode till u get some reasoning into ur calcified skulls. U cannot do anything without d members of JOHESU take it or leave it, u can ask my grandma in d village. Even she knows that.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
miriamP:
dullard. Its only in govt hospitals drs are relevant and d reason? Protocols. We are treating the patients based on our own directives as docs are nower to be found and guess what? Dey are doing fine. Go to private hospitals, a nurse can man a hospital without the doc, she can handle any emergency, send for tests , prescribe drugs, treat and discharge ! The doc only makes occassional appearances. Ur relevance in govt hospitals is just out of due process so please wake up from ur slumber, u guys re just ignorant douche bags and ur proud heads are just atomic bombs waiting to xplode till u get some reasoning into ur calcified skulls. U cannot do anything without d members of JOHESU take it or leave it, u can ask my grandma in d village. Even she knows that.

Eyi de ti wa poju.. Kilode

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
donwilz: If you cannot be intelligent enough to counter my points, then I'm disappointed. You can insult me all you want, it doesn't make you less thick than you already are. Insult me, but try hard to prove you are not a dunce grin Apologies cheesy cheesy
intelligent dullard, am sorry i refused to contend with u, oh is it paining u dat much My reason? Thick heads never understand no matter how much u try to xplain. I wont like to cause u more problems than ur mediocre brain can handle thats y i chose to say dat much. Sorry if u feel bad, pls accept d insult gladly. U sure as hell deserve it.

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by donwilz(m): 9:30pm On Dec 22, 2013
Kelyto: this guy is just talking rubbish... Abeg look for the nearest transformer and hang yourself.... Next person to comment please
Lmao! Another thick and not so intelligent dunce trying to insult me. If you have no point, don't bother. I don't like to snipe and mouth people off, but be civil enough to counter my points if you don't see things my way. Keep acting this way, kids will put you in your place.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by edaolaropin: 9:32pm On Dec 22, 2013
Wandering why doctors are superior? They spend 6-7 years being trained with a possibilty of resits and repeats? They rotate thru all aspects of medicine starting from the natural sciences to the basic medical sciences to laboratory medicine to pathology and pharmacology before going to clinical medicine(Trained to be jack of all trades and master of all). Back in those days, the jamb cut off for medicine usually ranks among the highest, I doubt if it has changed. For every academic year, a medical student is not even entitled to holidays translating to one extra semester per year meaning 2 extra academic years embedded in the same time duration of acquiring a first degree, yet he spends minimum of 6 academic years. I want to assume that anyone that wants to be a director should at least have a good knowlege of all the aspects of what he wants to manage. Once that condition is met then why not. If not the gateman and the cleaners would be aiming to be the CMD soon. Be warned!

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Man Abandoned At Cele Busstop In Egbeda Now Admitted At Alimoso Hospital / Do You No A Big Pharmacy In Lagos / Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.