Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,904 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn - Health (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (15626 Views)

NMA And NARD Declare An Indefinite Strike From July 1st At 00.00hrs / JOHESU Declares 5-day Warning Strike From Jan 15 / Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 24, 2013
May be u a student. What u have described is job of pharmacologist. Physcian, pharmacologist, nutritionist and pharmacist could head nafdac. The present head of usa fda is physcian. I have not heard pharmacists complaining in usa. Nigeria pharmacists and noise pollution-part 1. Edited by olumide akintayo
adeola_drg: U or even orhii can like to tell me the test for identity for NaHCO3 antacid powder, or whether gravimetric analysis goes for Barium sulphate or if bromometry goes for a thiosulphate antioxidant.

Who does the pharmacovigilance? Who does the pharmacokinetic tests that show that a drugs in circulation should be withdrawn or banned? Let me stop here, apart from administrative work, let me know how a doctor can function there plss? I'm waiting. Miserable set of people. We won't stomach ur arrogance no more!!!

PS: NAFDAC is just a diversion tho. Doctor really are pained about CONHESS. smh
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 10:07am On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: See empty headed pharmacist vomiting formalin. I created a clinical scenario of tb patient with malaria and the so called 'consultant pharmacists' recommended jargon. They failed the test. The forum is there. People should go and check. I decided to leave them.These pharmacists are slowpoke,they have no clue of clinical judgement of physcian in selecting drugs for patients and they want to practice clinical pharmacy. Silly people. Fake pharmacists producing fake drugs. Fake pharmcists dispense drugs that kill cynthia. Criminal pharmacists giving bad medical advice to people in nl. Better hold to where u belong: industries and dispensing. Pharmaceutical physcians and scientists are ready to kick u out of industries and pharm technicians out of dispensing pharmacies.i pity u. There is a rope for u to hang in case paul orhii become nafdac boss again.

Lmao.. Well I'm tired of u. Since u av decided not to think. Cynthia's killer could av gotten rohypnol from anywhere. Even those mallams sell it.. with tramadol sef. Our drug distribution system is that bad, those pharmacists were just scape goats of a bad drug system.

On the TB issue, clinical judgement? U must av been high on diazepam this morning. He said he gave u the safest drugs to go with his TB drugs.Okay tell us the drug u eventually gave the patient and u'll be a great hypocrite if u administered any of the drugs Josh mentioned.

And did u say pharmaceutical physicians?? Lmaooooooooooooo. Una never do surgery finish, pple dey run go India, una wan venture into pharmacy. U guys myt just die frustrated.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 10:15am On Dec 24, 2013
U must be a student. It seems u do not understand process of drug regulation. If usa fda,a world class regulatory agency, is headed by physcian, who are polluting the air with ur noise. If u know the law, why not sue fg to court for illegal appointment of nafdac boss. From what i learnt so far, physcians are ready take over nafdac so that u can continue cry like babies.
adeola_drg:

U don't know the laws binding the enactment of US FDA do you?

Let me educate u for a while here.In constitution, the laws binding the enactment of nafdac says. The NAFDAC decree 15 of 1979. The law setting up NAFDAC states in Section 9,
sub-section [1] as follows: “there shall be
appointed for the agency by the President,
Commander in Chief of the Armed Forces on the
recommendation of the Minister, a Director General
who shall be a person with good knowledge of
pharmacy, food and drugs.

Obviously any sane person would know that knowledge of drugs there meant analytical not pharmacological. That said how does a doctor fit into this? U must just manoeuvre things and lord the health sector? Use d little brain u av left plllluuuieezz.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Mbatagr82(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2013
texazzpete:

Yawn.
I wonder why topics like these seem to attract these drive-by, lack witted posts from brainless scum like you.

Please go and look for your mate to argue with and stop trying to vilify your betters.
Am not offended friend,because i dont expect anything good from i too knw personnel like you.Go to your dictionary and check what brainless means am sure you would never stop yawning!
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 10:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: May be u a student. What u have described is job of pharmacologist. Physcian, pharmacologist, nutritionist and pharmacist could head nafdac. The present head of usa fda is physcian. I have not heard pharmacists complaining in usa. Nigeria pharmacists and noise pollution-part 1. Edited by olumide akintayo

Pharmacologists do pharmacovigilance? What do they know about analytics of water and food? And yes I'm a student, and uve not been able to reason so far. U're not bright se. I close my case.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 10:19am On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: U must be a student. It seems u do not understand process of drug regulation. If usa fda,a world class regulatory agency, is headed by physcian, who are polluting the air with ur noise. If u know the law, why not sue fg to court for illegal appointment of nafdac boss. From what i learnt so far, physcians are ready take over nafdac so that u can continue cry like babies.

And u that understands the process, explain it to me!! That and the role of a doctor in NAFDAC. If u can't, plss don't reply. I'm tired of u.

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 10:20am On Dec 24, 2013
So u have not heard of pharmaceutical physcians? Wake up. U need to learn more. The tb and malaria case scenario,not real life situation. And u guys failed the test. U may ask me why u failed d test i will explain.
adeola_drg:

Lmao.. Well I'm tired of u. Since u av decided not to think. Cynthia's killer could av gotten rohypnol from anywhere. Even those mallams sell it.. with tramadol sef. Our drug distribution system is that bad, those pharmacists were just scape goats of a bad drug system.

On the TB issue, clinical judgement? U must av been high on diazepam this morning. He said he gave u the safest drugs to go with his TB drugs.Okay tell us the drug u eventually gave the patient and u'll be a great hypocrite if u administered any of the drugs Josh mentioned.

And did u say pharmaceutical physicians?? Lmaooooooooooooo. Una never do surgery finish, pple dey run go India, una wan venture into pharmacy. U guys myt just die frustrated.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 10:28am On Dec 24, 2013
I know u a student. It shows in ur comment. Ask ur lecturers who are pharmaceutical physcians? Better still, ask google. It is not surprise that u do not roles of pharmacologist in healthcare 'cos u a bloody student. U are not sure if u would complete pharmcy sch. I am off now. I will educate so u would not be noise makers like other pharmacists.
adeola_drg:

Pharmacologists do pharmacovigilance? What do they know about analytics of water and food? And yes I'm a student, and uve not been able to reason so far. U're not bright se. I close my case.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 10:30am On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: So u have not heard of pharmaceutical physcians? Wake up. U need to learn more. The tb and malaria case scenario,not real life situation. And u guys failed the test. U may ask me why u failed d test i will explain.

What drug did u administer?? Simple.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 10:31am On Dec 24, 2013
adeola_drg:

And u that understands the process, explain it to me!! That and the role of a doctor in NAFDAC. If u can't, plss don't reply. I'm tired of u.

Yes plss! educate me. I'm waiting.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Mbatagr82(m): 10:34am On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: Hahahahaha. Which kind of mentality nigeria doctors have? Examine ur head well. If u say mentality of nigerians, i am ok with it. Members of Johesu do not want privatization 'cos many of u would become jobless and commit suicide.
Jobless you say? Sorry dear cos things have changed! Johesu members are not like most of you guys that has no other skill but sthesthoscope around the neck. In my field we are also trained to be enterpreneurs and thats a big advantage.May be only a one basket man like you can chose to be jobless.If privatisation will benefit the common man then lets have it.BUT I DOUBT IF IT WILL!!

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 12:04pm On Dec 24, 2013
Administer drug for hypothetical case? Hypothetical case is to stimulate learning. Just to educate u. I doubt it if u can scale thru pharm school. U got a lot to learn.
adeola_drg:

What drug did u administer?? Simple.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 24, 2013
Ask ur lecturers. I am not paid to teach u. Better still ask google. I doubt it if u can become a pharmacist. If u qualify as pharmacist,let me know. We can talk then.
adeola_drg:

Yes plss! educate me. I'm waiting.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 12:12pm On Dec 24, 2013
Privatization of healthcare services is now a reality. Let us see who will win, nma or johesu. It is matter of time.
Mbatagr82: Jobless you say? Sorry dear cos things have changed! Johesu members are not like most of you guys that has no other skill but sthesthoscope around the neck. In my field we are also trained to be enterpreneurs and thats a big advantage.May be only a one basket man like you can chose to be jobless.If privatisation will benefit the common man then lets have it.BUT I DOUBT IF IT WILL!!
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by armadeo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 24, 2013
what's the beef all about> I think we should face the issue squarely and stop this personal attacks.
This is a faceless forum and most people here trading insults will not be able to look the people they are insulting in the eye if seen face to face.

I believe that the head of any medical unit is the Dr. however most if not all teaching hospital facilities have a director of administration who is in charge of the administrative duties in the hospital.

mariamp = nobody. I find this interesting.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 24, 2013
Lalamed, could you pls stop the tantrum throwing?
U are sounding ridiculous and its embarrassing. I wonder what you are doing on nairaland if not that ur jobless. Your stupidd ego will soon get the better of you.
Valid points were raised bt i guess ur too slow to counter them rationaly. Too bad for a supposedly 'doctor'.
Adeola, I am enjoying you. Let the frustrated 'doctor' continue transfering agrression of underemployment on here, its glaring with his swear words. Frustration isnt a nice thing at all.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 12:55pm On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: Administer drug for hypothetical case? Hypothetical case is to stimulate learning. Just to educate u. I doubt it if u can scale thru pharm school. U got a lot to learn.

I give up on you. Finally! Ur patient needed help, u came crying on NL. Now u shifted it to hypothetical case. I'm def sure u used one of the drugs Joshua prescribed or suggested. Buh shame won't let u admit.

Leave me and pharmacy school al. If such a dull person as u are could finish med school, be rest assured I'll finish pharmacy school. With flying colours.

Pls don't reply this post.

3 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by adeoladrg(m): 1:02pm On Dec 24, 2013
Laalamed: Ask ur lecturers. I am not paid to teach u. Better still ask google. I doubt it if u can become a pharmacist. If u qualify as pharmacist,let me know. We can talk then.

Shattap Oga! This is how u reply when u don't av an idea about a subject. When I qualify as a pharmacist, God forbid I roll with the dullards of the medical profession. There are brilliant doctors tho. We av dem on NL(lomaxx, lagusta) and those other ones who give patients advice on the 'medical advice' thread. *spits on him*

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by bumfem: 2:33pm On Dec 24, 2013
@Awesome.......your posts have been awesome. It is sad that ''doctors'' in the house have maintain their childish posture. The country is in a real mess. Instead of discussing issues we resulted to name calling.
Modern and effective Healthcare in advanced society is by collaborations. Nobody knows it all. Doctors, pharmacist, lab scientists,physio, nurses,radiographers,social workers etc are all to work together for the betterment of our patient.
From August 1st 2013 ontario govt in Canada expanded number of professionals in their Family health team because empirical evidence says that is the way to go in other to continue to meet the need of their citizens. This now brings physicians, nurses, pharmacists and physiotherapists on the same assessment table for efficient dx diagnosis and management. Hence Canada has continued to be among the first five nations of the world with efficient plus patient oriented healthcare.
It is rather sad to see the level of crisis and disharmony in Nigeria health sector.It is no more about the patients. It all about ego and personal gain. NMA that supposed to be an institution for propagation of best practises and advocate of evidence based care in our health sector has reduced itself to a union body that struggle and cry on what goes into physician pocket. It is never about research on Nigerian health behaviour and dx prevailence. Cogent health issues have been relegated to the background. We are not mindful about our elderly (seniors). There gross lack of protocol of care in all our hospitals because of ego and rivalry. A nation without a single gariatric home,now single policy for disability and comprehensive one shop family care across the nation. NMA is not bordered by Nigeria health index in Africa and globally which is in a very sorry state. We cannot continue this way and arrive at anywhere meaningful.
NMA is missing it by seeing JOHESU as it arc enemy. The govt is now fully aware of everything. We now decide to wash our dirty linen in the open. Attacking other health professionals on what rightfully belong to them cannot solve any problem. Telling govt not to obey court other is insulting and affront to the nigeria constitution..
This mess leads me to two conclusions....1.NMA will soon realize their folly as what they have will soon be taking away from them because the govt wil be fed up with them and decide to hand over hospitals to health administrators.
2.Govt is the chief employer and the payor......it should come up withe definition of terms and develop healthcare structure as we have in westhern world. Head or tail NMA would eventually eat the humble pie.

2 Likes

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by docsholz(m): 3:28pm On Dec 24, 2013
By next year I believe all d issues will be resolved may d best man win, until then have a merry christmas and happy new year in advance
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by AMAKAVIOLA: 6:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
drobadebayo:
madam auxillary,dts a beautiful piece if lie

My dr she s sayin d gospel truth... Halfbbaked shits
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by AMAKAVIOLA: 6:53pm On Dec 24, 2013
drobadebayo:
madam auxillary,dts a beautiful piece if lie

My dr she s sayin d gospel truth... Half baked shits
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by IncognitoQuant: 8:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
Why is it so difficult for some to accept the basic truth. Nobody is against collaboration. If you study how the art of Medicine has evolved over the last 2000yrs you would appreciate collaboration but from the right perspective.
Doctors are not against Nurses, pharmacist, lab scientist nor physiotherapist. If a Doctor opens a hospital wont he employ Nurses, lab scientist, pharmacist and the rest others for the hospital to work? But lets face the basic fact: it is a doctor that opens a clinic or a hospital.
The healthcare system has different parts just like the body. Now for the body to work would you put the hand where the head is suppose to be

There are some misinformed individuals that are desperately trying to misinform the public. NMA has the best interest of the industry but want things done the appropriate way. It is ignorant to say that NMA is not bordered with the current health challenges in the country. Try and read NMA reports in the last one year.

It is pathetic to see others trying to wage a war at us, Super Eagles don't play against the Falcons
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Ecosol: 9:43pm On Dec 24, 2013
[color=#006600][/color]
Incognito Quant: Why is it so difficult for some to accept the basic truth. Nobody is against collaboration. If you study how the art of Medicine has evolved over the last 2000yrs you would appreciate collaboration but from the right perspective.
Doctors are not against Nurses, pharmacist, lab scientist nor physiotherapist. If a Doctor opens a hospital wont he employ Nurses, lab scientist, pharmacist and the rest others for the hospital to work? But lets face the basic fact: it is a doctor that opens a clinic or a hospital.
The healthcare system has different parts just like the body. Now for the body to work would you put the hand where the head is suppose to be

There are some misinformed individuals that are desperately trying to misinform the public. NMA has the best interest of the industry but want things done the appropriate way. It is ignorant to say that NMA is not bordered with the current health challenges in the country. Try and read NMA reports in the last one year.

It is pathetic to see others trying to wage a war at us, Super Eagles don't play against the Falcons

IF NMA isn't against collaboration, den y r dey protesting against d JOHESU court ruling dat allowed d skipin from CONHESS 10 to 12 and the comencement of consultancy for other competent health profesionals? CONHESS 11 never existed abnitio so stoping d skipin from 10 to 12 was legally wrong and even d law court ruled in favour of JOHESU or is NMA sayin dat a competent court of jurisdiction is stupid?
I hav desperately tried to reason along wit NMA but i Seriously see no logic in the strike. I bliv dat Physicians r inteligent & rational ppl and I dnt want to think otherwise but d NMA is making me difer my opinion.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by tope2013(m): 10:51pm On Dec 24, 2013
Remove the medical doctors from all being the heads and see the improvement in health Nigeria will record
Rich Nigerians will not travel abroad again for medical treatment
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 25, 2013
NMA is saying if skipping must be done. It must be done across board. I mean for all. For me, nma wins, johesu wins.
Ecosol: [color=#006600][/color]

IF NMA isn't against collaboration, den y r dey protesting against d JOHESU court ruling dat allowed d skipin from CONHESS 10 to 12 and the comencement of consultancy for other competent health profesionals? CONHESS 11 never existed abnitio so stoping d skipin from 10 to 12 was legally wrong and even d law court ruled in favour of JOHESU or is NMA sayin dat a competent court of jurisdiction is stupid?
I hav desperately tried to reason along wit NMA but i Seriously see no logic in the strike. I bliv dat Physicians r inteligent & rational ppl and I dnt want to think otherwise but d NMA is making me difer my opinion.

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by Nobody: 5:47am On Dec 25, 2013
Go and remove them. Health sector problem is reflection of nigeria problem. All sectors are failing. It is not about headship. Privatization o r ppp is d answer.
tope2013: Remove the medical doctors from all being the heads and see the improvement in health Nigeria will record
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by drobadebayo: 11:27am On Dec 25, 2013
nouveaux:
if you think I care about what you say of my monicker, then you are desperately sleeping on an okada.
Oh, yea, I am one and proud one at that. But wont allow any weed or pest to suffocate me out of jealousy. I wuld rather curb its excess at the budding stage. Face your calling and leave others to do theirs. No one is jealous of your miserable lives, we are content with our callings, capish? Ka gi ko? So ye e? Understood? Dont go and finish up ur exams, keep on ranting abt things u knw not about.
jealousybro u funny die.
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by hamedade2000(m): 12:41pm On Dec 25, 2013
pembisco:
bro. Sm doctors u see overseas bein referd as CMDs myt be doctors of laboratory medicine or doctors of phamacology. A PHD holda of pharmacy, mls, rad or nursing is olso a dr u knw nd they head hospitals abroad
LOL.....guess u r deluded to say dah.....dia z NOOOOO country in dis world u'll c such a thing....u can take dah as an assignment n find out if dia z any
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by bumfem: 1:14pm On Dec 25, 2013
It was quite terrific on the Channels TV this morning. Pharm Akintayo,PSN president came in smoking. He actually hit the nail on the head. I never knew the guy was that cerebral.

The man that represent NMA was no match at all. Maope and Chemberlain ended up educating him on who Paramedics are. A high schl boy shouldn't miss those that go by the title 'paramedics'. The man should have saved himself of the embarrassment by allay himself of cheap internet services everywhere. Just google ''paramedics'' it gives u individuals that go by that title. In a bid to make a point, he ended up exposing his ignorance.

Borrowing the word of Pharm Akintayo as he quoted Wilson Churchil ''he that want peace does not prepare for war''
It is clear that the NMA does not want peace in the health sector and so JOHESU will give it everything that it deserves. 2014 shall be a very interesting year.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Guys.....

1 Like

Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by aletheia(m): 2:26pm On Dec 25, 2013
tope2013: Remove the medical doctors from all being the heads and see the improvement in health Nigeria will record
For the abroad wey "the rich naijerians" dey go so. . .

Na who dey make the diagnosis of wetin de worry dem? The Doctor

Na who dey prescribe the drugs wey dem go drink? The Doctor

Na who dey decide which investigations dem need? The Doctor

Na who dey interpret the results of the investigations? The Doctor

Na who dey do the operations? The Doctor

...so wetin come remain?
Re: Expect Total Strike From Jan 6, Doctors Warn by ay0201(m): 5:00pm On Dec 25, 2013
explicit770: For your information,the services of pharmacists in Nigeria are not relevant in our govt hospitals.
And i see no reason why u shd starting calling the Doctors names.
Everybody knows the truth,we go to the hospitals to see Medical Doctors and not Pharmacists(doctor of pharm) and lab Scientists.
And to the best of my knowledge,the very best science students in any set in secondary school read medicine.
It is just unfortunate that there is lawlessness in the land,once a group of people threaten the govt with strikes,govt wld hurriedly succumbed to their demands.
The crisis in the health sector shd be addressed forthwith by allowing international best medical practice.
Enough is enough.
Guy, u lie! The best science student in my set then is today a software analyst. Pls go take care of ur myopia!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Man Abandoned At Cele Busstop In Egbeda Now Admitted At Alimoso Hospital / Kissing Newborn Babies Can Give Them Viral Meningitis - Medical Experts / Do You No A Big Pharmacy In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.