Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,484 members, 7,808,757 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:27 PM

Love Is A Figure Of Speech - Poems For Review - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Poems For Review / Love Is A Figure Of Speech (3473 Views)

My Love Is Hatred / Love is Like a Rose / Love is Hard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Love Is A Figure Of Speech by Orikinla(m): 11:03pm On Aug 01, 2008
Love is a Figure of Speech

You came to me in the robes of Cyclamen
But how can I bring you a bouquet of red chrysanthemums?
When I have not found any white chrysanthemums in the bouquet of your heart?
Do not pluck the petals of my pure daisies with your eyes closed, lest you would be fooled by your wild guesses.
Because, you do not need to set your foot on twelve daisies before you can see the dawn of your spring
I will give you neither white nor red daisies after the last swallow of summer has flown away from your alcove,
lest your dreams of them in autumn leave you heartbroken in winter.
In my wanderlust quest for Ivy
I did not find you in the bloom of Orange Blossom or in Lemon Blossom
But I found you entangled in the paphiopedilum orchids of Phaphos
with a garland of Peach Blossom dangling from your ringed neck
Like a rose entangled in your own thorns
Then I disentangled you before I led you to the lyceum of my Muses
They welcomed you with the petals of Apple Blossom cast at your bleeding feet.
They wiped your tears away with the golden petals of yellow roses and bathed you in the pool of the Coral Rose.
They covered you with the Peach Rose and led you into the bed of my Rose of Persia
before I came to you with my bouquet of the white Rose of Sharon and the Lily of the Valley.

~Poem By  Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima
Re: Love Is A Figure Of Speech by Orikinla(m): 5:30pm On May 22, 2015
E be like say people dey wait for Prof. Wole Soyinka to comment on this poem. The figures of speech dey fear them?

(1) (Reply)

So Much Love / I Wrote This For A Friend On Her Birthday In 5mins 38s, Rate It Over 10 / Stolen Walls - A Poem By Susrite (must read)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.