Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,644 members, 7,801,873 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 03:02 AM

Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi (53787 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Visits Ooni Ogunwusi (Photo) / Pastor Kumuyi: Election Will Be Free, Fair And Widely Accepted / Pastor Kumuyi's Son Apologise, controversy finally laid to rest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Ayatullah(m): 11:14pm On Dec 24, 2013
kimco:

personally...any God dat can protect me from my enemies and not ask for my blood or my children's blood in return but rather my commitment to him which in itself isnt by force....that God can have every inch of me. God of peace...love and wonders...dats whom i ff. so yh...i choose da israeli God.

You are on the same level of faith with PAGAN 9JA. The God of Israel you chose also demanded blood according to your bible......have you forgotten that Jesus blood was shed? So where is the difference. The only True God is ALLAH who need no blood from you for your salvation
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by jes7: 11:16pm On Dec 24, 2013
What is the point fighting vehemently about something that Christ said nothing about and yet on a daily bases ignore or flagrantly disobey the ones he commands?

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 12:55am On Dec 25, 2013
JustCurious: It is a shame that a huge lot of 'us' on nairaland, don't know how to bridle our tongue, anymore. We allow the devil to speak through 'us' at will..causing more grief to the body of Christ. We backbite, gossip, pull down, castigate...and then go to church every sunday to ask for forgiveness? Where is the Christlike love in us? Where is the brotherly love and expression? We're always SO quick to hear, QUICK to speak...

For how long are we going to remain as baby christians...and, not cultivating the habit of knowing the Mind of the Lord, through His Holy Spirit that is expressly given to us? How long shall we be spiteful with our pull-down them down attitude..

Undoubtedly, some people would miss the rapture and second coming of christ..because of their undoing on the internet...sad words are powerful, people! Leave Pastor Kumuyi alone. Who knows, he must have said what he said based on personal convictions and leading of the Spirit. And, Who knows maybe it was after attending the Christmas Carol in Akwa State that God revealed this to him..because this was the first time ever he would explicitly talk about it in his preaching. And, I think the best we could do, is to ask questions...or seek God's face for clarity. It's not too much of a task to pray and know God's mind...

Let's not be more interested in observing HOLIDAYS than obeying His Commandments. Our obedience to Christ's command is better than sacrifice..

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches:
But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the Lord which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the Lord".

Shalom smiley
good but he must learn to make his opinion his own opinion ,respect and don't categorise or inflict ur views on others.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:04am On Dec 25, 2013
yormite: who in ur family has half of what pastor Kumuyi or deeperlifers has yet d man is humble and Godly with an heavenly hope smh for u
only God knows who is humble oooooooo,abeg
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:08am On Dec 25, 2013
Omadachi: What I expect from the educated ones on this platform on issues like this is to carry out a research on Pastor W.F Kumuyi's claim before coming here to throw insult..With google,a lot of information can be gotten.Must we accept everything to be right becos it has been from the beginning?

Those of you that are bible student will agree with me that christmas was never celebrated during the life of christ neither did Christ commanded His followers to observe it unlike His teraching on Lord supper.His disciples did not observe Christmas and did not talk about it.If christmas cannot be trace to the bible,what then is its origin?when was it first observeed and who instituted it?

and what about easter,cos he never told us 2 do dis and me and u do,abi u don do dat one 2 ?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:13am On Dec 25, 2013
Ayatullah:

A great lot is wrong with it.................the idolatry practices continue, lot of boooooz to consume on Xmas day, lot of obscene music will fill the air in the name of Christmas party and all the other nonsensicals that you know. So why chose a day associated with the celebration of sun god when Jesus ACTUALLY has his own birthday
?
tell us d date den.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:15am On Dec 25, 2013
Kamsy10:

BUT DO YOU AGREE DL USED TO CONDEMN TV AS DEVILISH BUT NOW OWNS A TV STATION?
ANSWER FIRST COS WE'RE TALKING ABOUT CONVERTING DEVILISH STUFF TO GODLY STUFF HERE
but he mentioned all christians now or only DL are christians again ? Lol
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:20am On Dec 25, 2013
jlounge: I think the thread stems from an address made to DL. Now if you are not of DL why are you bothered? Enlightenment affords everyone the liberty of choice. You have yours and they have theirs.

then he shouldn't have called other christians,or did he mean that only DL are christians ?,lol.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:23am On Dec 25, 2013
honeydrop91: Can you imagine human beings insulting an annointed man of God all in a bid to prove ur point. Whateva d man sed wz based on his research,has he come to ur housew 2 carry d pot of xmas rice away 4rm your cooker? How dare you Insult him? Some pple r refering to his son's wedding? Abeg,una tear the part of the bible wey talk say "the sins of the son shuld not be visited on the father comot 4 ur bible? Especially a very grown up child who is at a marriageable age. By insulting him,u av gone contrary to the commandments of God,shuld we now call God a bad father for creating people like you. Some of you even sed deeper lifers are poor,abeg jst gimme one instance in which you got an envelope from deeper life asking you for a dime of your money for anything? D kind of money members have in dat church,ur dreams neva even catch am. So pls,get off your high horse of judgement and free the man. Dat wz his opinion and we all av a right to ours buh drop the insults pls,stop inviting curses on you head by runnin ur mouth anyhow.
oint of correction,nobody insulted anyone,no one said anyone is poor,d fact dat he is saying every and all christians are wrong is just laughable and he never buttress it rather it is his member dat are stressing themselves to prove a point that dey don't have cos u can't give wat u don't have.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:25am On Dec 25, 2013
rabzy:

The fact that it was based on a lie and it is still celebrated with the fanfare and paraphernalia of the old pagan origin is the crux of the matter. All evidence from the Bible and early church shows that birthdays were significant and important for pagans and they enthusiastically celebrate it.
To now rename, whitewash and present it as a honour to Christ is totally wrong. Its a celebration adopted from paganism which is still celebrated with pagan rites....that makes it pagan.
point of correction,paganism is not a religion but a way of life for pple who don't v one before coming of christ so they live life like dat without knowing,get dat into ur skull.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:31am On Dec 25, 2013
rabzy: This is what Origen said, one of the early xtians about 200 years after christ died.

Origen of Alexandria, in 245 A.D., wrote in a dissertation on Leviticus:

“None of the saints can be found who ever held a feast or a banquet upon his birthday, or rejoiced on the day when his son or daughter was born. But sinners rejoice and make merry on such days. For we find in the Old Testament that Pharaoh, king of Egypt, celebrated his birthday with a feast, and that Herod, in the New Testament did the same. But the saints not only neglect to mark the day of their birth with festivity, but also, filled with the Holy Spirit, they curse this day, after the example of Job and Jeremiah and David.
et start with u now,curse d day u are born now,lead first and other mumu like u would follow.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:32am On Dec 25, 2013
Maximus85: This is why I Love being a Jehovah's Witness. Though we made some wrong calculations in the past, we publicly admitted it cos we believe that the light of the truth is shining ever brighter.
We calculated that the end might come in 1975, but looking at what Mat 24:14 says...the end won't come until the goodnews of God's kingdom is preached in all inhabited earth. That's why we concentrate more on preaching and preaching and preaching. We are doing it like Jesus, going from house-to-house.

All our doctrine is based in the Bible, We use God's name Jehovah. That name appeared nearly 7000times in the hebrew scriptures (manuscript) because of this, they said we made our own Bible. How many times did that name Jehovah appear in your Bible.

Simple english language. What is "I am the Lord God" two titles, just like saying "I am Mr Doctor" in our own translation its "I am Jehovah your God" see the difference?

Our Doctrine has never changed since the beginning.
We don't celebrate Birthdays,
No Christmas,
No Blood,
No Two Wives,
We never believed in Trinity,
We never believed that everyone goes to heaven.

You can go on and on, we've never changed any of our believes.

oga,abeg don't talk cos ur own is .......
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:35am On Dec 25, 2013
seunlayi: [size=18pt]@ OP, what do you have to gain from extracting just the issue of xmas from that message as preached by the GS, we know people like you that joined the congregation just to criticize rather than benefit from that powerful revival message.[/size]
“Arise, GO UP to Bethel and dwell there”. Gen 35:1

In Bethel, idolatry and its practices and festivals are forgotten, In Bethel, following the ways of the World is halted; In Bethel, there is RENEWAL of fellowship with God and the REBUILDING of the altar of consecration and commitment to the service of God;

In Bethel, there is REVIVAL of holiness and RIGHTEOUSNESS; In Bethel, there is REVELATION and CLARITY of the Will and Purpose of God for our lives; In Bethel, there is RESTORATION to the first love; In going up to Bethel, WE DROP the property of the devil that we have carried along with us in the journey of life; In Bethel, there is HOLINESS, righteousness and REAL PURITY of heart and life; In Bethel, ALL SELF IS GONE and CHRIST IS ALL IN ALL; In Bethel, all deception, diplomacy and struggling for the vain things of life are eradicated.

As we gradually move on to the end of this year, it is time for STOCKTAKING and time to listen to our Maker as He clearly SPEAKS and COMMANDS us to “ARISE, GO UP TO BETHEL AND DWELL THERE”.

DON’T just pass by Bethel, DWELL THERE! DON’T just talk about it, DWELL THERE! DON’T just pray about it, but DWELL THERE! DON’T just desire it, just arise, GO UP and DWELL THERE until HIS DEW falls on your thirsty soul and HIS FIRE descends to consume all worldly passions and give way to preparedness for the Coming of the Lord.

I pray the Lord will give you the GRACE AND STRENGTH TO ARISE FROM TODAY and GO UP TO BETHEL and DWELL THERE.
we gained nothing but saying 'christians' make d whole thing worldwide.understood ? Or need more clearification?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:38am On Dec 25, 2013
chiwuike20:
It is quite intriguing to see people defend idoltarous practices. Why don't u quote from d scripture whr we were told to observe d birth of christ. Just give a line stating it and I'll believe
and give ma a scrioture dat says 'Do not Celebrate CHRIST'?

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:42am On Dec 25, 2013
JustCurious:

A 72 year-old preacher of the gospel is a clown!? Wow! What an upbringing..! Even if he is not old enough to be your grandfather...atleast he deserves some respect.
a clown can be of any age,point of correction,as long as he makes anyone to laugh,Bill cosby,Ali Baba are a examples,sorry oooooo these pple are sinners cos DL are d only saint in the worls.lolzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:48am On Dec 25, 2013
dameastra: Its really sad d way pple critise odas. A man of GOD for dt mata.. Even if he is fake or not, As long as he stands up as an intermediary btw man and GOD.. He shud be respected.. Wat happened to every one is entitled to dre own opinion.. Its either u follow or u don't. Nobody forces u to take heed.. U don't need to lambast or call him names. It all depends on your understanding... Is it wen u throw parties n all dt u celebrate?? Wat happens to a complete family avin a tym out in periods like ds. N if u say deeper life members r poor, its because u r being delusional n u can't see beyond ur nose.. Comments shud be tot abt b4 bin posted.. Its very neccessary
and words thought of B4 saying cos it might. Lead pple astray,cause tension,make pple less secure,confuse a lot and d ultimate,make less of d religion,point taking ? Or u wanna argue more.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:51am On Dec 25, 2013
orakporemmanuel: 63-1216 WE.HAVE.SEEN.HIS.STAR.AND.HAVE.COME.TO.WORSHIP.HIM_ TUCSON.AZ V-13 N-8 MONDAY_
27 Now notice, Christmas now has changed. Now, the real day of Christmas, we... that would be disputed, because we do not know it. The way we take Christmas, if you ever studied it, we are taking the--the Roman Catholic church's conception of when Christmas was. Actually, Christ could not have been born on the twenty-fifth day of December, and be according with the Scriptures, because there's thirty foot of snow in Judaea in that time, see, so they... it could not been shepherds out on the hills, and so forth, and it'd be contrary then to all nature. He came like nature.
28 Because, God has a law, and those laws can't be changed. The sun goes down, you can't say, "Well, it won't rise." It does rise. Summer, winters, and so forth, it's God's laws that He's set in order. And they, every one, work perfect.

63-1216 WE.HAVE.SEEN.HIS.STAR.AND.HAVE.COME.TO.WORSHIP.HIM_ TUCSON.AZ V-13 N-8 MONDAY_
29 Now, but, He was perhaps born in April or May, one. When, He was a Lamb, and every other thing proved He would be a Lamb. That's the reason He was born in a manger, in a barn, and not in a house; because lambs are borned outside in the barns, in straw and stuff, and not in the house. When He was taken to the crucifixion, He was led away. You remember, you lead the sheep. We go to the slaughterhouse down here, they got a goat or something that leads the sheep; the sheep won't go hisself, he's got to be led. In every way, He was, so then in nature He had to be born when lambs are born. And that's in April, see, that's about when He was born.

63-1216 WE.HAVE.SEEN.HIS.STAR.AND.HAVE.COME.TO.WORSHIP.HIM_ TUCSON.AZ V-13 N-8 MONDAY_
30 But then when Christianity was brought into Romanism and mixed at Nicaea, then they had the sun-god, Jupiter, the sun-god of Rome, his birthday was on the... between the... about the twenty-fifth day of December. Because, the Roman circus started on the twenty-first and lasted till the twenty-fifth, which was in celebration of the sun-god's birthday. So blending Romanism paganism to--to Christianity, they said, "Let's make it the Son-of-God's birthday, and then we can all agree upon it." See, it's always been on systems of compromising to the Truth, every time, has always been.
arrant rubbish,I doubt if u pass thru d four corners of a good school.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 1:53am On Dec 25, 2013
DoctorStephen: Jesus Christ never preached Christmas nor did the apostles He appointed.
Let's stop arguing and go to the field of evangelism.
The kingdom of God is not meat and drink,but righteouness and love, joy and peace in the Holy Ghost.Read Romans 14.

Do you love,as Christ commanded us, even your enemies? Why can't we just live to celebrate Christ's in our everyday lives.
By being truthful,returning the stolen properties we acquired before knowing the Lord, doing good, helping the poor,visiting those in hospitals and in prison,and practising holiness.These are Divine injunctions which we must follow if we must see the kingdom of God.
It all starts with being born again. Are you ready to meet the Lord.If you happen to die now,is the heaven sure for you? These are the questions we must look into.
BE BORN AGAIN!
How?
Repent from sin
And
Believe in Jesus Christ who died for you.
I love ur comment but sorry,it doesn't affect d issue @ hand,pls next time,no how to address issues,it is called manner of approach and I doubt if u have 1.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2013
Ayatullah:

You are on the same level of faith with PAGAN 9JA. The God of Israel you chose also demanded blood according to your bible......have you forgotten that Jesus blood was shed? So where is the difference. The only True God is ALLAH who need no blood from you for your salvation
my friend,so ur own muhammed that a tree cries cos he refuses to speak 2 it is d one abi ? Science neva agree dat one or marrying 2yrs old is one,or fighting for a God that can destroy humans in seconds ? Or promised 200 wifes in heaven,wey u neva know where u go enter and these women go be virgin abi,iyawo sara in heaven,so una God no dey respect but dehumanize women,I laugh in swahili,lol.

1 Like

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by sokarsenal(m): 2:51am On Dec 25, 2013
tpacalipse: Me I know who I celebrate, and He is God. Your opinion ain't matter to me on this. So, shove the hell it!
religion and its many 'wahala'.....you know who you are supporting and it's God.....did Jesus christ tell you to celebrate him.....or if no be 'eye service' you dey do, why did Jesus not celebrate it himself or encourage his discipline to celebrate it
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by sokarsenal(m): 3:06am On Dec 25, 2013
freda506: Yeah! Watching t.v and driving cars can also not be found in Acts of apostles angry angry
watching tvs and driving cars are not 'core' religious observations....are they?...........even Jesus told his disciples to do the last supper (aka holy communion) in rememberance of him......if him want una to celebrate him birthday, why didnt he say it or celebrate it himself while he was on earth.......human beings and 'aproko'

2 Likes

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by sokarsenal(m): 3:07am On Dec 25, 2013
freda506: Yeah! Watching t.v and driving cars can also not be found in Acts of apostles angry angry
watching tvs and driving cars are not 'core' religious observations....are they?...........even Jesus told his disciples to do the last supper (aka holy communion) in rememberance of him......if him want una to celebrate him birthday, why didnt he say it or celebrate it himself while he was on earth.......some human beings and 'aproko'
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by sokarsenal(m): 3:18am On Dec 25, 2013
engineerd: SO by extension celebrating EASTER is Idolatrous? You might give scriptural references to back EASTER, BUT it seems SADISTIC to only celebrate the death and not life of one of the DIVINITIES of GOD.
i am not a christian....buteven me have seem somewhere in your bible that says 'do this in remembrance of me'......that was Jesus talking about the last supper communion before his death (hence easter).....even we FREE THINKERS read the bible more
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ekemit(m): 3:54am On Dec 25, 2013
“Arise, GO UP to Bethel and
dwell there”. Gen 35:1 In Bethel, idolatry and its
practices and festivals are
forgotten, In Bethel, following
the ways of the World is halted;
In Bethel, there is RENEWAL of
fellowship with God and the REBUILDING of the altar of
consecration and commitment to
the service of God; In Bethel, there is REVIVAL of
holiness and RIGHTEOUSNESS; In
Bethel, there is REVELATION and
CLARITY of the Will and Purpose
of God for our lives; In Bethel,
there is RESTORATION to the first love; In going up to Bethel,
WE DROP the property of the
devil that we have carried along
with us in the journey of life; In
Bethel, there is HOLINESS,
righteousness and REAL PURITY of heart and life; In Bethel, ALL
SELF IS GONE and CHRIST IS ALL IN
ALL; In Bethel, all deception,
diplomacy and struggling for the
vain things of life are
eradicated. As we gradually move on to the
end of this year, it is time for
STOCKTAKING and time to listen
to our Maker as He clearly
SPEAKS and COMMANDS us to
“ARISE, GO UP TO BETHEL AND DWELL THERE”. DON’T just pass by Bethel,
DWELL THERE! DON’T just talk
about it, DWELL THERE! DON’T
just pray about it, but DWELL
THERE! DON’T just desire it, just
arise, GO UP and DWELL THERE until HIS DEW falls on your
thirsty soul and HIS FIRE
descends to consume all worldly
passions and give way to
preparedness for the Coming of
the Lord. I pray the Lord will give you the
GRACE AND STRENGTH TO ARISE
FROM TODAY and GO UP TO
BETHEL and DWELL THERE
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by haykins01(m): 5:34am On Dec 25, 2013
if una like make una para from now till tomarow all i have to say is this

Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Nobody: 5:50am On Dec 25, 2013
Acidosis:

Believe it or not, if you do not turn away from your wicked ways, it will shock you by the time you find yourself naked and burning off in hell - a place without exit! Once you're in, it is finished! No forgiveness, no mercy!

Right in that place of pathetic and everlasting torment, Lucifer will remind you of all your negative posts about the true message of Jesus christ and how you turned yourself away from the truth.

A place of terrible cry and agony!

You had better turn from your ways and quit licking the ignorance of the multitudes who call themselves 'christains' going to places where they get pathetic lies and corny motivations..

Stop feeding your belly with ignorance...

Hell (Satan) is not a respecter of humans...

I warn you again, stop licking the as.ses of those who go to places where Pastors hide the truth from them, e.g the agonies in the book of Revelation...

Once you miss Heaven; hahahhahhaha oboy na H E L L oooo

Damn you need to grow the fffucked up!
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by MyDesire01: 5:56am On Dec 25, 2013
But do we really know what we celebrate in the name of christmas?
Below is a food for thought as u go about singing "Merry christmas"

The Christmas Challenge · Christmas has always been a holiday celebrated carelessly. For millennia, pagans, Christians, and even Jews have been swept away in the season’s festivities, and very few people ever pause to consider the celebration’s intrinsic meaning, history, or origins. · Christmas celebrates the birth of the Christian god who came to rescue mankind from the “curse of the Torah.” It is a 24-hour declaration that Judaism is no longer valid. · Christmas is a lie. There is no Christian church with a tradition that Jesus was really born on December 25th . · December 25 is a day on which Jews have been shamed, tortured, and murdered. · Many of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth. Many who are excitedly preparing for their Christmas celebrations would prefer not knowing about the holiday’s real significance. If they do know the history, they often object that their celebration has nothing to do with the holiday’s monstrous history and meaning. “We are just having fun.” Imagine that between 1933-45, the Nazi regime celebrated Adolf Hitler’s birthday – April 20 – as a holiday. Imagine that they named the day, “Hitlerday,” and observed the day with feasting, drunkenness, gift-giving, and various pagan practices. Imagine that on that day, Jews were historically subject to perverse tortures and abuse, and that this continued for centuries. Now, imagine that your great-great-great- grandchildren were about to celebrate Hitlerday. April 20th arrived. They had long forgotten about Auschwitz and Bergen Belsen. They had never heard of gas chambers or death marches. They had purchased champagne and caviar, and were about to begin the party, when someone reminded them of the day’s real history and their ancestors’ agony. Imagine that they initially objected, “We aren’t celebrating the Holocaust; we’re just having a little Hitlerday party.” If you could travel forward in time and meet them; if you could say a few words to them, what would you advise them to do on Hitlerday? On December 25, 1941, Julius Streicher, one of the most vicious of Hitler’s assistants, celebrated Christmas by penning the following editorial in his rabidly Antisemitic newspaper, Der Stuermer: If one really wants to put an end to the continued prospering of this curse from heaven that is the Jewish blood, there is only one way to do it: to eradicate this people, this Satan’s son, root and branch. It was an appropriate thought for the day. This Christmas, how will we celebrate?
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by newspapers: 6:14am On Dec 25, 2013
Pastor W.F Kumuyi, The General Overseer of the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, issued a warning to members of his church against celebrating Christmas, saying the annual celebration of Christmas is idolatrous and unscriptural.

Kumuyi warned that partaking in the celebration made Christians to go back from the commandment of Jesus Christ. shocked shocked shocked shocked

He said, “We don’t celebrate Christmas. It actually came from idolatrous background. That is why you don’t hear us sing what they call Christmas carol. Never! We always say it is the December retreat. We are only gathering together because it is the holiday period and love the Lord more, and rededicate ourselves more.

“When you find anybody coming in, or any leader, trying to introduce the idolatry of mystery Babylon, that they call Christmas and you want to bring all the Christmas carol saying that is the day that Jesus was born, and you don’t find that in the Acts of the Apostles or in the early church, then you don’t find that in the church either. If you don’t know that before, now you know.”

He warned that any of the church’s leaders that tried to introduce the “idolatry of Christmas” into any section of the church would be sanctioned, while also encouraging other believers in Christ to jettison the celebration as part of their sacrifice to perfection.

http://www.naijareport.com.ng/christmas-idolatry-pastor-kumuyi-celebrating-xmas/

IM angry shocked shocked
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ericgold(m): 7:29am On Dec 25, 2013
donodion:
Personally i wont even deliberate much on response...this dude here said it in his response

"Paulo Lumi • 16 hours ago −
please people ignore Kumuyi, do any of you remember the 3 wise men from the east who came to celebrate the birth of Christ in the bible and what they brought as gifts? Also how King Herods reacted to the news that a new King has been born? Even after King Herods told the wise men not to visit the New King Jesus Christ; still they went behind him (King Herods) to visit the New King and they knelt down and worshipped him. Sometimes I wonder if some of these pastors has become taliban christians or are they trying to woo more vulnerable customers to their various churches and preaching? Pastors should focus in tackling bad governance in Nigeria and stop misleading some christians with their preaching."
I don't really know why people are just so blind to see the truth here,am not a fan of kumuyi but I do share the fact that xmas is unscriptural. A constitution narate the rules and regulation governing a society right? Why the bible guide us christains and if dt is true where have you seen jesus while on earth,tht he celebrated his Bday okay if u say that maybe it just to celebrate him,what about after his death? Did his disciples celebrated his bday Tell me if u see anywhere in the bible that says Jesus or his disciples celebrated his bday? Me too want to learn and knw....jesus said celebrate my death not my birth,the only feast he instituted was the feast of passover I.e the lords supper(check matt 26:26-29).and its every first day of the week he says we shud remember HIM..but ur so called pastor dis days don't knw dt,they only preach what will enrich dem financially and otherwise... Be warned for God is not mocked.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by ericgold(m): 7:43am On Dec 25, 2013
john107: D problem most pple have with Christmas is with d date nd nt becos they couldn't find d word 'christmas' in d bible or where it was commanded. Afterall d word 'bible' is nt in d bible, and we celebrate easter even though its nt commanded, so dats nt d issue at all. Is it wrong to celebrate christmas? Is it idolatrous to sing 'Joy to d world, the Lord is come, let earth receive her king'? No. Its a thing of joy. The angels proclaimed d gud news to d shepherds. Even wisemen came from afar bringing gifts to pay him homage. So its perfectly right to celebrate christmas. GKS celebrate theirs in October, while others celebrate it in early January. D only issue pple have here is d date which shouldn't be a problem at all. D date might have used by pagans to worship dia gods. Bt d truth is dat good will always prevail over evil. Darkness is nt d opposite of light but rather d absence of light. When there is no light, darkness prevails. Christ is the Light. He is the conqueror. He conquered sin and death had no power over Him. The pagan sungod can NEVER overshadow d joy of Christmas. (Make we no give them level). So therefore, come all ye faithful, joyful and triumphant, come and behold Him, come let us adore Him for He is Christ the Lord, who was born to set us free!
first of all am not a kumuyi member or neither am I an hausa man, secondly I don't celebrate easter,cos jesus did not as us to and again it not just the date in d aspect of xmas,so u want to tell me dt JESUS while on earth did not knw wen he was born and easily put the date in the bible,u said the word bible is not even in the bible and I find that really funny,ok lemme me ask u a quick question have u send the word novel inside a novel?? Read the d the new testament to knw wat christ wants from us as his children.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by kennyamusan(m): 7:45am On Dec 25, 2013
My-Desire01:
But do we really know what we celebrate in the name of christmas?
Below is a food for thought as u go about singing "Merry christmas"

The Christmas Challenge · Christmas has always been a holiday celebrated carelessly. For millennia, pagans, Christians, and even Jews have been swept away in the season’s festivities, and very few people ever pause to consider the celebration’s intrinsic meaning, history, or origins. · Christmas celebrates the birth of the Christian god who came to rescue mankind from the “curse of the Torah.” It is a 24-hour declaration that Judaism is no longer valid. · Christmas is a lie. There is no Christian church with a tradition that Jesus was really born on December 25th . · December 25 is a day on which Jews have been shamed, tortured, and murdered. · Many of the most popular Christmas customs – including Christmas trees, mistletoe, Christmas presents, and Santa Claus – are modern incarnations of the most depraved pagan rituals ever practiced on earth. Many who are excitedly preparing for their Christmas celebrations would prefer not knowing about the holiday’s real significance. If they do know the history, they often object that their celebration has nothing to do with the holiday’s monstrous history and meaning. “We are just having fun.” Imagine that between 1933-45, the Nazi regime celebrated Adolf Hitler’s birthday – April 20 – as a holiday. Imagine that they named the day, “Hitlerday,” and observed the day with feasting, drunkenness, gift-giving, and various pagan practices. Imagine that on that day, Jews were historically subject to perverse tortures and abuse, and that this continued for centuries. Now, imagine that your great-great-great- grandchildren were about to celebrate Hitlerday. April 20th arrived. They had long forgotten about Auschwitz and Bergen Belsen. They had never heard of gas chambers or death marches. They had purchased champagne and caviar, and were about to begin the party, when someone reminded them of the day’s real history and their ancestors’ agony. Imagine that they initially objected, “We aren’t celebrating the Holocaust; we’re just having a little Hitlerday party.” If you could travel forward in time and meet them; if you could say a few words to them, what would you advise them to do on Hitlerday? On December 25, 1941, Julius Streicher, one of the most vicious of Hitler’s assistants, celebrated Christmas by penning the following editorial in his rabidly Antisemitic newspaper, Der Stuermer: If one really wants to put an end to the continued prospering of this curse from heaven that is the Jewish blood, there is only one way to do it: to eradicate this people, this Satan’s son, root and branch. It was an appropriate thought for the day. This Christmas, how will we celebrate?
because pple drinks,danced and wine in april means I shld not celeb8 my birthday ? Celebration means a lot 2 different pple,To some,it Is party but who am I to condemn ,I am not God,and who told u pple don't party in easter period.
Re: Christmas Is Idolatrous And Unscriptural - Pastor Kumuyi by Soloter(m): 7:46am On Dec 25, 2013
icankel: I for comment if sey I no get deeper life member wey me n am dey rival one babe
Even among the twelve that it took Jesus a whole night vigil to select, there was a thief and suicider. why can't you save your life by repenting and surrendering to the Lordship of Jesus? Only then will you bear the fruits of righteousness.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Archaeologists Find Gates Of Hell In Saudi Arabia / "Buhari Will Bring Doom To Nigeria": Father Obimma, What Holy Spirit Told Me / Indians Queue Up To Worship Calf Born With 3 Eyes & 4 Nostrils (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.