Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,491 members, 7,808,817 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:20 PM

5 Exciting Ways To Make This Xmas Memorable - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 5 Exciting Ways To Make This Xmas Memorable (790 Views)

Make This Eve Of Christmas Very Special With Wine Gift Hampers / Memorable Moments At BankyW’s Concert / Eclectic Events: The Diva That Makes Ur Bachelor/spinster Night Memorable (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

5 Exciting Ways To Make This Xmas Memorable by Gwekzy: 10:45am On Dec 22, 2013
Christmas is barely a few days away & everyone one is gearing up for the festive season. Schools have closed, offices rounding off their year’s projects, local market men & women counting their gains & loses, armed personnel returning back to their families for the same reason, everyone’s happy that the good times are here again; at least, not everyone.

Some argue that Jesus Christ, whose birth we celebrate wasn’t born on the 25th. They say Christians just made that up & more likely, commercialized that day for their own personal gains. Well, either ways, I’ll say we still are happy because it gives us the opportunity to experience certain things we wouldn’t have been privileged to witness all year through.

It goes way beyond the customary rice & chicken, buying of new clothes, receiving gifts, playing of fire crackers, visit to the beach or maybe travelling back home to see our grand folks. From my opinion, it is meant to be a day of retrospect. A day to look back upon one’s past actions & judge if one made the right decision at every given instance.

It goes way beyond showing love. It supersedes that. One cannot give what one doesn’t have. You can’t show love to your neighbor if you don’t love yourself equally. So this is that special season to make amends, to quit that habit you feel is bad for your health, to stop that routine you feel doesn’t play out well on your spiritual life, to eat more of the diet your body craves & not what your nose or tongue perceives to be right.

With a thorough change of life style & attitude towards life, I bet you’ll be just fine. Only then would your inner peace radiate outwardly & positively affect your neighbors & immediate surroundings.

I don’t want to bore you to pieces with my doctrine, I’ll probably have to skip that & go straight to business.

Listed below are 5 exciting ways to make this Christmas more memorable.

1. Forgive
This is by far the most important of them all. Encapsulated in this one verb is the key to true happiness. Judging from the doctrine that’ll be preached all over the world on that day, I feel this is the most urgent to put to practice.

Forgive yourself for the hurt or pain you may have inflicted on yourself in the past, forgive that family member who always seems to take you for a ride based on your blood ties, forgive that irritating fellow that cons himself/herself as your friend

Christmas is never complete with that extra burden on your chest. It’s too much load for the season. You need to shed if off to allow room for all the joy & fun to settle in, only then would you feel free to enjoy the magic that comes with the season! Need I say more

2. Ask & It Shall Be Given
Just like the proverbial verse in the good book which says, ‘ask & it shall be given unto thee’. I assure you that taking this bold step to ask someone for something, eliminating the pride attached to belittling yourself before the person, would be worth it this season.

A lot of hassle can be avoided by this rather simple, yet hard gesture to request from someone, an assistance you know quite well the person can grant. As far as you are not asking for an Aston Martin or something similar, the person would be obliged to grant your request because of the yuletide season.

I have been struggling with my hair clipper for a while now. I never seem to make out time to take it to the technician’s shop to get it fixed, so I always have to struggle to shave my beard or cut my hair (am bald by the way, so you bet, I cut my hair at least twice a week).

I got so frustrated one Saturday evening trying to cut my hair. I couldn’t go to a barbing salon because I was half way done with my hair. I just couldn’t fathom walking into a salon & causing a riot because of the patches on my hair. The only option I had was to ask my elder brother for his clipper.

At first, I didn’t want to because he always beckoned on me to fix mine but most times, I just procrastinate so I never got to. After much deliberation, I mustered up courage & made up my mind to accept any verbal bashing in good faith.

To be frank, nothing of such happened. He was busy on the phone so he motioned to me where to get it & I was off. I felt so relieved & thanked the heavens. It can only get better.

3. Go Pay A Visit To Santa Claus

This sure sounds funny. As an adult, you’ll be asking yourself, ‘Why on earth should I go see a portly man with fake white beard?’ That’s the point! Yes, you should go see that legendary character because it’s Christmas. You don’t get the chance to visit Santa any other day of the year so why trade such a ‘pre-historic-magical-meeting’ with hanging out with your friends on a beach. You’ll surly get to do that all year round so why complain.

Probably as a child, you never got the chance to visit Santa, so why not do it now? Or maybe if you did, you surly don’t have fresh memories of that day, do you? So what are you waiting for? Take a couple of your friends out & go see that old man. Just laugh, sit on his laps & take pictures!!! You won’t regret you did!

4. Eat Fish, Not Chicken
I feel it’s high time we give our feathered friends a break, don’t you think so? They must be literally sweating their tiny pants now by the mere thought of Christmas. Growing up as a child, I’ve always been of the notion that the tastiest of chickens were prepared only on Christmas. I thought wrong.

Everywhere you go, MacDonald’s, Nando’s, KFC to mention a few, all you get to eat is mouth watering chicken, chicken & more chicken!!! Be it flame-grilled-PERi-PERi chicken, barbecued chicken, chicken nugget, chicken parmesan, name it!!! Gosh! The list is endless!

Why don’t we try out a new recipe called, ‘change’, since that’s the spice of life. We can search the internet for different foreign recipes for preparing a fresh water fish delicacy. Do I have to add that fish has more nutritional values than meat?
Yeah! I bet you, a well prepared fish meal might just do the trick this season, as long as you mix the correct spices though. Good luck on that!

5. Give, Share, Offer Some More Help
Virtually no Christmas is complete without this last ritual. Making this a habit all year long is encouraged but if you feel am been too sarcastic, surly you’ll agree with me that just one day of sharing one’s time, resources & offering a helping hand is a must do this season.

You are never too poor or too classy to offer help to your neighbor. You don’t need to search long & hard to find someone who needs that extra special care from you.

At least even if you can’t think of anyone, I equally am a worthy candidate. You can show me you care & appreciate the time I set out to make this article available to you by leaving a comment!

Happy a wonder day & I wish you a belated Christmas.

God bless!!!
Re: 5 Exciting Ways To Make This Xmas Memorable by Coldfeet(f): 10:52am On Dec 22, 2013
Belated?? Copy copy! If na exam na you don fail be that o! Because them go no say na copy and paste you do. Today is Dec 22 o! So Christmas wish isn't belated yet! Its still in the Advance stage. The original author used common sense and spelt Christmas but you in your heading wrote xmas!!! See your life?
Re: 5 Exciting Ways To Make This Xmas Memorable by odizeey(m): 2:21pm On Dec 22, 2013
Coldfeet: Belated?? Copy copy! If na exam na you don fail be that o! Because them go no say na copy and paste you do. Today is Dec 22 o! So Christmas wish isn't belated yet! Its still in the Advance stage. The original author used common sense and spelt Christmas but you in your heading wrote xmas!!! See your life?
I no fit laff ooo

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Is Better? Renting Or Buying A New Wedding Gown For Your Wedding? / Don Jazzy Listed Among The 100 Most Influential Deltans / How To Promote Your Event Business Without Spending A Dine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.